47of74

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Y’all just love hatin’ on people. 

Carry on!!

LOL! 

Have you read your OWN posts in this thread?!

I believe that most Americans are killed by Americans. Just as most Canadians are killed by Canadians and so on and so forth. I hate when people use tragedy to beef up their political agenda. A criminal committed a crime and someone is dead, if it was an American citizen or a Canadian citizen, it would be a tragedy, but dropped quickly. An illegal immigrant in the US or an Arab in Canada? Dear god! It's because of politics and blah blah blah blah.

I bring up the Arab issue because the Danforth shooter in Toronto who killed a young woman and a little girl was an Arab. Most people ran with him being a refugee and this is what happens when you bring "those people" into the country! Similar to the Mollie Tibbetts case in the fact that it's "that person" "an illegal" and so on. The Danforth shooter was not a refugee and since it didn't honour the political agenda, it has been dropped. If Mollie Tibbett's killer was white or an American citizen, it would be dropped. Just a tragedy, like every single school shooting. 

Open borders suit no one. Compassion, empathy, and seeing that all of us are human beings trying to live is what should suit everyone. Don't make it an us vs. them thing. 

6 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

What I think of you is not my imagination.

Well those certainly are words, but they don't make sense in this order or context.  What I think of you is that you think you are much smarter than you actually are (this IS your imagination), and because of this you think you sound clever when really your posts in this thread have been almost entirely comprised of logical fallacies, non-sequitur, ad hominem attacks, ad hominem attacks against strawmen (no word on the immigration status of said straw men), and word salads like this.  You are providing no value or movement to this discussion, NOR are you managing to defend your position in any tenable way.  You are simply repeating the same sentence over and over, interspersed with word salads for sustenance.  

If you want to defend your position, answer the points people have brought against your arguments.  Elaborate, discuss, rebuff, etc.  If you choose NOT to do this, I and probably most posters on this thread are going to safely assume it is because you CANNOT: either because your position is indefensible or because you lack the necessary understanding in order to mount such a defense. 

I do not say this lightly: you are acting here the way Derick Dillard acts on twitter.  And just like we see through all of his "clever ruses", half-truths, and attempts to sidestep, so too do we see through yours.  

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

Well those certainly are words, but they don't make sense in this order or context.  What I think of you is that you think you are much smarter than you actually are (this IS your imagination), and because of this you think you sound clever when really your posts in this thread have been almost entirely comprised of logical fallacies, non-sequitur, ad hominem attacks, ad hominem attacks against strawmen (no word on the immigration status of said straw men), and word salads like this.  You are providing no value or movement to this discussion, NOR are you managing to defend your position in any tenable way.  You are simply repeating the same sentence over and over, interspersed with word salads for sustenance.  

If you want to defend your position, answer the points people have brought against your arguments.  Elaborate, discuss, rebuff, etc.  If you choose NOT to do this, I and probably most posters on this thread are going to safely assume it is because you CANNOT: either because your position is indefensible or because you lack the necessary understanding in order to mount such a defense. 

I do not say this lightly: you are acting here the way Derick Dillard acts on twitter.  And just like we see through all of his "clever ruses", half-truths, and attempts to sidestep, so too do we see through yours.  

Dear God, maybe it is Derrick! 

57 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Amen. I wonder what the argument would have been if he was a citizen? 

Trump and the Trumpanzees wouldn't have been able to exploit that poor woman death to deflect from his legal woes.

12 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Carry on!!

If this is what you have taken away from all the responses on this thread, you are beyond anything anyone here can say to you. 

40 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Carry on!!

One again, you miss the point but oh well, who is going to be suprised ? I guess it makes you feel better to see yourself as a victim so go ahead. 

55 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

People can apply for asylum. If you don’t, who knows what will happen

If you are applying because gangs will sell you into sex slavery you will be immediately rejected because of the Trump administration. That has happened and will continue to happen. Did you not realize this? Did you think that Trump America was actually willing to help people whose children were being sold into sex slavery? 

I can understand if you didn't know, because many people don't realize Trump created a situation where we are sending away people who are fleeing gang violence and sex slavery, but now that you do know, will you acknowledge that Trump's administration changed things and now people can choose between staying in a dangerous situation or immigrating illegally because they have no opportunity for legal immigration? If you can't acknowledge this, then you need to realize that you really are a melting snowflake. 

49 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Although it's frustrating when someone clearly has a brain and just seems to be refusing to use it. I don't mind if someone disagrees with me, but repeatedly pretending that people are saying the exact opposite of what they actually are writing is starting to make me hear billygoats on a bridge.

Yes, it is very frustrating because she just says "well immigrate legally" without acknowledging that isn't an option for more and more people now that Trump has taken power. Our recent immigration laws have always sucked, but he is making it worse. 

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

If you are applying because gangs will sell you into sex slavery you will be immediately rejected because of the Trump administration. That has happened and will continue to happen. Did you not realize this? Did you think that Trump America was actually willing to help people whose children were being sold into sex slavery? 

I can understand if you didn't know, because many people don't realize Trump created a situation where we are sending away people who are fleeing gang violence and sex slavery, but now that you do know, will you acknowledge that Trump's administration changed things and now people can choose between staying in a dangerous situation or immigrating illegally because they have no opportunity for legal immigration? If you can't acknowledge this, then you need to realize that you really are a melting snowflake. 

My cousin, a huge Trump supporter, said that many of those children who were separated from their parents were being brought over for sex slavery and that those people were posing as their parents. It made me wonder.... wouldn't it be easier to have the rich American pedophiles go down there then to risk life, limb and liberty crossing the border? I guess I don't know how this stuff works. 

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

For goodness sake, you seriously are asking that? 

I do believe @2manyKidzzz is just baiting because they get off on it.

Please advise me how to ignore a poster.

Just now, Lizzybet said:

I do believe @2manyKidzzz is just baiting because they get off on it.

Please advise me how to ignore a poster.

If you hover your mouse over their name a small box comes up that says ignore user. You then have to select how you want to ignore them. At least that is the way I did it. 

44 minutes ago, Ali said:

I think it is time to step away from the internet and go do some yoga.

She just doesn’t get it.  Some people need a “road to Damascus “ experience to be able to change.   Or love an immigrant.  That might work.

And even if we drove out every single illegal immigrant from whatever country, would all murder stop in the US? No. Again, I am not praising illegal immigration, I admit I don't have the right answers but I will never lump people all in one category based on the behavior of some.

41 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Trump and the Trumpanzees wouldn't have been able to exploit that poor woman death to deflect from his legal woes.

Exactly. None of them had a single word to say about this case: 

www.theindependent.com/crimes/news/sydney-loofe-was-strangled-with-extension-cord-according-to-court/article_c637a37c-6e5c-11e8-89fe-ab76fe90eb4d.html

Of course, the victim was gay and the perpetrators are a pair of white American citizens. Criminal pieces of shit, but white and citizens, so no need to acknowledge it at all. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

The difference is that I have compassion also for the victims of crimes committed by illegal aliens and you want only to make excuses for them.

I haven't made it to the end of the thread yet but, in all seriousness, what the actual fuck is wrong with you? 

Tragically, a woman was murdered. Instead of offering up the usual conservative round of prayers and thoughts. you feel it best to, on a thread where you know damn well that it'll entice an argument, use that tragedy as a chance to get attention, espouse some thoroughly wicked and disgusting beliefs, and claim persecution? 

Do you feel as disgusted by the police, sworn to serve and protect, who kill off innocent POC at an alarming rate?  Do you ache for the children forced into conversion therapy by their uber-religious parents who undergo literal torture because of who they are?  Do you care nothing for the many, many children who will endure development problems, as well as PTSD from the trauma of being separated from their parents for so long?  Why is it that, instead of acknowledging that 45 is allowing for these heinous things to happen, you seem dead-set on disparaging the Obama administration for problems people knew about, protested against, and certainly haven't forgotten? Your strawman arguments are ridiculous, and so are your opinions, as sadly entitled you are to them.

The America that's being built under this administration is not great, and it never will be until compassion void, irrational bigots like you see the error of your ways. 

You should be ashamed of yourself. 

They shouldn't be in the US either. /sarcasm

Spoiler

Lizzie Borden, who was unsuccessfully prosecuted in 1892 for the axe murders of her father and stepmother, had red hair. So did Lynette Fromme, who spent 34 years in prison for attempting to assassinate President Gerald Ford. Vladimir Lenin, the Bolshevik revolutionary who became one of history’s bloodiest mass murderers, was also a redhead. Ditto the Wild West gangster and bank robber Jesse James.

As those examples demonstrate, people with red hair are prone to violence and should be suppressed. Right?

Only a blockhead would pronounce redheads a singular threat on the strength of a few cherry-picked instances of villains with red hair. Pretty much any population subgroup will contain some number of vicious thugs. You can find “bad hombres” (to coin a phrase) among tall people or French speakers or tea drinkers or Methodists. So what? A handful of offenders within a group doesn’t mean the group as a whole is more likely to offend.

The same is true of immigrants who are in the country illegally.

That should be self-evident. Yet among immigration restrictionists and seal-the-border hard-liners, it has become an article of faith that anyone who enters the country without a lawful visa is a “criminal alien” and a danger to public safety.

As a matter of straight fact, that belief is false. Decades of research confirm that immigrants to the United States are significantly less likely than native-born citizens to commit serious crimes or be in prison. It makes no difference whether immigrants enter the country with or without legal documents: Scores of peer-reviewed studies establish a negative correlation between immigration and crime. Just last week, Governing magazine reported that, in the 20 US metro areas with the greatest presence of immigrants here illegally, average rates of violent crime and property crime are 8 percent to 10 percent lower than the national average. During the 1990s and 2000s, as the number of unauthorized immigrants in the United States tripled to nearly 12 million, crime rates nationwide plunged more than 40 percent.

Donald Trump may be sincere when he insists that immigrants, especially those here illegally, are a threat to public safety. But he’s wrong. Immigration doesn’t increase crime, it reduces it.

Obviously there have been some brutal exceptions to the rule, and Trump has repeatedly made a point of highlighting Americans whose loved ones were killed by unauthorized immigrants. Four such Americans were in the visitors gallery during Trump’s Feb. 28 speech to Congress. He used their devastating stories to lend emotional support to his harsh immigration stance, and announced the creation of a new federal program — Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement, or VOICE — specifically to publicize crimes committed by migrants from other countries.

Singling out assaults committed by the foreign-born might be defensible if immigrants were predisposed to crime. But immigrants are unusually law-abiding. Harping on a few atypical examples amounts to raw demagoguery — the scapegoating of a stigmatized group to incite fear and hatred. Instead of beating the bushes for bad immigrants to demonize, federal officials should be drawing attention to immigrants who demonstrate extraordinary heroism.

Immigrants like William Ramirez, for example, a father of two from Colombia, who was on his way to his maintenance job at a boatyard when he witnessed a man trying to gun down a Miami police officer. Ramirez drove his van into the line of fire, shielding the policeman from the shooter and pulling him to safety.

Immigrants like Antonio Diaz Chacon, an unauthorized Mexican immigrant in Albuquerque, who saw a young girl being abducted off the street, and unhesitatingly pursued the kidnapper to rescue the child.

Immigrants like Jesus Manuel Cordova, who saved the life of a 9-year-old boy stranded in the Arizona desert. The boy’s mother had died in a car crash, leaving him helpless — until he was discovered by Cordova, who had just entered the country illegally. Cordova stayed with the boy, keeping watch for hours until someone eventually found them and contacted the authorities.Far from degrading America through crime and violence, immigrants enhance our nation’s safety and security. There are a few shockingly bad apples, yes. Vastly more common are the heroes and hard workers who love this country and prove it daily. Diligent, peaceable, grateful, they enrich their communities in ways large and small, and, in so doing, continuously make America great again.

18 minutes ago, Escadora said:

I haven't made it to the end of the thread yet but, in all seriousness, what the actual fuck is wrong with you? 

Tragically, a woman was murdered. Instead of offering up the usual conservative round of prayers and thoughts. you feel it best to, on a thread where you know damn well that it'll entice an argument, use that tragedy as a chance to get attention, espouse some thoroughly wicked and disgusting beliefs, and claim persecution? 

Do you feel as disgusted by the police, sworn to serve and protect, who kill off innocent POC at an alarming rate?  Do you ache for the children forced into conversion therapy by their uber-religious parents who undergo literal torture because of who they are?  Do you care nothing for the many, many children who will endure development problems, as well as PTSD from the trauma of being separated from their parents for so long?  Why is it that, instead of acknowledging that 45 is allowing for these heinous things to happen, you seem dead-set on disparaging the Obama administration for problems people knew about, protested against, and certainly haven't forgotten? Your strawman arguments are ridiculous, and so are your opinions, as sadly entitled you are to them.

The America that's being built under this administration is not great, and it never will be until compassion void, irrational bigots like you see the error of your ways. 

You should be ashamed of yourself. 

I am not ashamed of myself at all.

Not at all. You are a bigot, You, Ha ha ha

I am not ashamed of myself at all.
Not at all. You are a bigot, You, Ha ha ha

I see we’ve reached the childish I know you are but what am I.
Trolls gonna troll I guess.

22 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

They shouldn't be in the US either. /sarcasm

Hide contents

Lizzie Borden, who was unsuccessfully prosecuted in 1892 for the axe murders of her father and stepmother, had red hair. So did Lynette Fromme, who spent 34 years in prison for attempting to assassinate President Gerald Ford. Vladimir Lenin, the Bolshevik revolutionary who became one of history’s bloodiest mass murderers, was also a redhead. Ditto the Wild West gangster and bank robber Jesse James.

As those examples demonstrate, people with red hair are prone to violence and should be suppressed. Right?

Only a blockhead would pronounce redheads a singular threat on the strength of a few cherry-picked instances of villains with red hair. Pretty much any population subgroup will contain some number of vicious thugs. You can find “bad hombres” (to coin a phrase) among tall people or French speakers or tea drinkers or Methodists. So what? A handful of offenders within a group doesn’t mean the group as a whole is more likely to offend.

The same is true of immigrants who are in the country illegally.

That should be self-evident. Yet among immigration restrictionists and seal-the-border hard-liners, it has become an article of faith that anyone who enters the country without a lawful visa is a “criminal alien” and a danger to public safety.

As a matter of straight fact, that belief is false. Decades of research confirm that immigrants to the United States are significantly less likely than native-born citizens to commit serious crimes or be in prison. It makes no difference whether immigrants enter the country with or without legal documents: Scores of peer-reviewed studies establish a negative correlation between immigration and crime. Just last week, Governing magazine reported that, in the 20 US metro areas with the greatest presence of immigrants here illegally, average rates of violent crime and property crime are 8 percent to 10 percent lower than the national average. During the 1990s and 2000s, as the number of unauthorized immigrants in the United States tripled to nearly 12 million, crime rates nationwide plunged more than 40 percent.

Donald Trump may be sincere when he insists that immigrants, especially those here illegally, are a threat to public safety. But he’s wrong. Immigration doesn’t increase crime, it reduces it.

Obviously there have been some brutal exceptions to the rule, and Trump has repeatedly made a point of highlighting Americans whose loved ones were killed by unauthorized immigrants. Four such Americans were in the visitors gallery during Trump’s Feb. 28 speech to Congress. He used their devastating stories to lend emotional support to his harsh immigration stance, and announced the creation of a new federal program — Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement, or VOICE — specifically to publicize crimes committed by migrants from other countries.

Singling out assaults committed by the foreign-born might be defensible if immigrants were predisposed to crime. But immigrants are unusually law-abiding. Harping on a few atypical examples amounts to raw demagoguery — the scapegoating of a stigmatized group to incite fear and hatred. Instead of beating the bushes for bad immigrants to demonize, federal officials should be drawing attention to immigrants who demonstrate extraordinary heroism.

Immigrants like William Ramirez, for example, a father of two from Colombia, who was on his way to his maintenance job at a boatyard when he witnessed a man trying to gun down a Miami police officer. Ramirez drove his van into the line of fire, shielding the policeman from the shooter and pulling him to safety.

Immigrants like Antonio Diaz Chacon, an unauthorized Mexican immigrant in Albuquerque, who saw a young girl being abducted off the street, and unhesitatingly pursued the kidnapper to rescue the child.

Immigrants like Jesus Manuel Cordova, who saved the life of a 9-year-old boy stranded in the Arizona desert. The boy’s mother had died in a car crash, leaving him helpless — until he was discovered by Cordova, who had just entered the country illegally. Cordova stayed with the boy, keeping watch for hours until someone eventually found them and contacted the authorities.Far from degrading America through crime and violence, immigrants enhance our nation’s safety and security. There are a few shockingly bad apples, yes. Vastly more common are the heroes and hard workers who love this country and prove it daily. Diligent, peaceable, grateful, they enrich their communities in ways large and small, and, in so doing, continuously make America great again.

that was very well written. I think I will need to share it after seeing a "build the wall" with poor Mollie's face on it. 

Also, it seems that claims that the perpetrator is in this country illegally have not actually been confirmed at this point. The Iowa division of Criminal Investigation tells the Des Moines Register that they do not actually have access to immigration records, and that Homeland Security will have to confirm his status. Both the suspect's employer and his lawyer say that he was a legal resident.

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I see we’ve reached the childish I know you are but what am I.
Trolls gonna troll I guess.

I agree, trolls. Can't seem to stop them. 

1 minute ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Also, it seems that claims that the perpetrator is in this country illegally have not actually been confirmed at this point. The Iowa division of Criminal Investigation tells the Des Moines Register that they do not actually have access to immigration records, and that Homeland Security will have to confirm his status. Both the suspect's employer and his lawyer say that he was a legal resident.

Wow. Watch him be here illegally, of course than it will still be "all Mexicans are bad" YOu just can't change stupid. 

The young woman was brutally murdered by an illegal alien. It was in the news for a month.

I am sorry he is here, and he shouldn’t be here based on his illegal status, and he used illegal ID to work.

I find it heartbreaking. If he hadn’t entered illegally she would be alive. 

And wow. You all are everything I know a pack of Libruls to be.

Archived