IGNORED

Authorities believe they have found the body of Mollie Tibbetts

47of74

50 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

How anyone can't see this as a clear case of male entitlement (versus, say, an issue with undocumented immigrants) is completely beyond me. 

I know, right? You know what group commits the vast, vast majority of crimes, even though they make up less than half of the population? MEN.

Shockingly, I don't see all these bigoted assholes demanding all men are locked up or deported. It's almost as if they don't believe in shoving everyone into the "criminal" box when it actually affects them. Only when it affects black or brown people. SHOCKING!

Oh, and @2manyKidzzz? You are a horrible human being. Shame on you.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JillyO said:

I know, right? You know what group commits the vast, vast majority of crimes, even though they make up less than half of the population? MEN.

Shockingly, I don't see all these bigoted assholes demanding all men are locked up or deported. It's almost as if they don't believe in shoving everyone into the "criminal" box when it actually affects them. Only when it affects black or brown people. SHOCKING!

Back at cha bitch.

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

Let me be clear. I am not ashamed. 

And you are God, deciding who is turned away from Heaven’s Gate?]

wow You are really angry, kind of uncontrolled.

You've made that perfectly clear, no need to repeat yourself... darlin'. Now let me be, You absolutely, one hundred percent, should be. 

I don't believe in God. Ergo, I do not believe in an actual Heaven. Whether or not you'd make it in is of very little consequence to me. What I'm saying is that attention-seeking, disrespectful, bigoted, ignorant shits such as yourself don't belong in any kind of Heaven I've ever pictured or hoped for. Regardless, I shouldn't have been making assumptions about religion, claiming any religious foresight or denying you whatever salvation you believe you may or may not have, because that is not my place.

For that, and only that, I apologise.

Also, bitch, please. If I allowed myself to get properly, actually angry on FJ then I'd have incurred way more warnings than my current 0. What I am, in fact, is appalled with your disrespectful view on this case and immigrants in general, and incensed with the blase way you disregard well thought out arguments against you whilst ignoring Mollie Tibbett's death until you think you can get another jab in. Using the death of a young woman to further your political bigotry is reprehensible, would you even remember her name if people didn't keep saying it, or is she yet another scapegoat that Republicans will use and abuse until the next one comes along? Actually, I take it back. Forget her name, keep it out of your agenda-pushing mouth. But I'm the angry one, right? I'm the hateful one? Suuuure...

But then, I suppose it'd be easier to label me unhinged and uncontrolled than to grasp on to some self-awareness on your own part, wouldn't it? 

1 minute ago, Escadora said:

You've made that perfectly clear, no need to repeat yourself... darlin'. Now let me be, You absolutely, one hundred percent, should be. 

I don't believe in God. Ergo, I do not believe in an actual Heaven. Whether or not you'd make it in is of very little consequence to me. What I'm saying is that attention-seeking, disrespectful, bigoted, ignorant shits such as yourself don't belong in any kind of Heaven I've ever pictured or hoped for. Regardless, I shouldn't have been making assumptions about religion, claiming any religious foresight or denying you whatever salvation you believe you may or may not have, because that is not my place.

For that, and only that, I apologise.

Also, bitch, please. If I allowed myself to get properly, actually angry on FJ then I'd have incurred way more warnings than my current 0. What I am, in fact, is appalled with your disrespectful view on this case and immigrants in general, and incensed with the blase way you disregard well thought out arguments against you whilst ignoring Mollie Tibbett's death until you think you can get another jab in. Using the death of a young woman to further your political bigotry is reprehensible, would you even remember her name if people didn't keep saying it, or is she yet another scapegoat that Republicans will use and abuse until the next one comes along? Actually, I take it back. Forget her name, keep it out of your agenda-pushing mouth. But I'm the angry one, right? I'm the hateful one? Suuuure...

But then, I suppose it'd be easier to label me unhinged and uncontrolled than to grasp on to some self-awareness on your own part, wouldn't it? 

Well, this sounds pretty unhinged. And you are vicious. You are a Librul.

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, this sounds pretty unhinged. And you are vicious. You are a Librul.

...?

Did you actually read that post or just the last line? I actually think that's the calmest I've been with you all night but please do keep going on and exposing your flawed conceptions of what reality actually is. 

(your pathetic attempt at gaslighting can't hurt me btw, but it does amuse me to see you try)

59 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So now I am responsible for the death of Anne Frank? Really, I have to laugh.

I didn't say that, I was just making the point that just because someone comes here illegally doesn't mean that they are a criminal or even doing something morally wrong. 

Again, you refused to address the fact that Trump has created a situation where women and children can chose between coming here illegally or staying in a place where they might die or be sold into sex slavery. Why are you a shrinking violet when it comes to acknowledging that some people have literally no option to come here legally and that they have to chose between illegal immigration or death?  And that Trump has made the situation worse? 

Mollie loved Harry Potter.  She had Dumbledore quotes posted in her room.  I also have been known to cite a good Dumbledore quote, and in Mollie's memory, I would like to take this opportunity to do so again:

You are blinded (...) by the love of the office you hold, Cornelius! You place too much importance, and you always have done, on the so-called purity of blood! You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!

And while not a direct quote, may I be so bold as to mangle this one for Mollie:

Remember Mollie. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a woman who was good, and kind, and brave, just because she strayed across the path of a deranged man. Remember Mollie Tibbetts.

This country needs to be safe for ALL it's residents.  NO ADULT SHOULD REQUIRE A CHAPERONE.  And if the time comes when you have to choose between speaking up and remaining silent, remember what happened to a woman who was good, kind, and brave, just because she had the audacity to go for a jog.  REMEMBER MOLLIE TIBBETTS.  

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I didn't say that, I was just making the point that just because someone comes here illegally doesn't mean that they are a criminal or even doing something morally wrong. 

Again, you refused to address the fact that Trump has created a situation where women and children can chose between coming here illegally or staying in a place where they might die or be sold into sex slavery. Why are you a shrinking violet when it comes to acknowledging that some people have literally no option to come here legally and that they have to chose between illegal immigration or death?  And that Trump has made the situation worse? 

I don’t have to do anything you tell me to. Now it is sex slavery?

You all just needed someone to “lynch” 

And you found someone and did that.

Libruls. 

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

You all just needed someone to “lynch” 

And you found someone and did that.

Libruls. 

poor lil diddums. 

As far as I saw, members were respectfully discussing Mollie's death before you came along and turned the thread sour. Nobody needs anyone to "lynch", it's a shame you and your president can't also remember that. 

I’ve written and rewritten this comment a dozen times trying to figure out how to word it, so if some of it doesn’t make complete sense, I apologise, it’s 12:30am and I’m on an iPhone with fat thumbs and I’m tired. Anyway here goes... 

Just because someone enters a country illegally does not make them a murderer.  Just in the same way that just because someone is born in a country doesn’t mean they won’t murder someone. 

He murdered that poor girl not because he was an illegal immigrant but because he had murderous intent. He is a sick, violent man. Regardless of where he was living, it’s likely he would have murdered someone somewhere. Now would him murdering a Mexican girl because he never went to the US make it any better? No not in my book, all life is equal and he would likely have murdered regardless, not because of citizenship status, but because of who he is. 

A young girl lost her life, not because she was jogging alone and not because her murderer was an illegal immigrant, but because a man wanted to murder. A sick, twisted, sadistic individual wanted to take the life of another human being. He would have always been sick, twisted and sadistic regardless of where in the world he was. That’s the bottom line.

Not all illegal immigrants are evil, some are just nice people who are terrified and need a safe place to run to. Some don’t have time to go through immigration because their lives are in immediate danger, so they do the wrong, but safest, thing and enter illegally. Also, companies offer some the chance to leave poverty and get their American dream with money and security, and tell them they don’t need to paperwork. If you were living in poverty and scared from violence and someone offered you a much brighter, stable and safe alternative, would you not be tempted? 

A murderer is a murderer regardless of background. All murders are evil and should rot in jail. 

2 minutes ago, Escadora said:

poor lil diddums. 

As far as I saw, members were respectfully discussing Mollie's death before you came along and turned the thread sour. Nobody needs anyone to "lynch", it's a shame you and your president can't also remember that. 

No you needed to lynch someone. You are very, very angry probably all the time since Hillie lost and then along comes a victim. 

Hey, enjoy yourself. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I mentioned sex slavery earlier. Have you actually been reading posts?  If you have forgotten, you have stated that people can present themselves at the port of entry and ask for asylum. You accused us of melting, but it appears that you melt just as much when confronted with the reality that what you suggest isn't an option for many people, including women and children who are running  from gangs who will kill them or sell them into sex slavery. Trump is the one who decided the last bit, in the past those people could find safety here. 

Now you can scream melt and act like we are snowflakes and call names, but it looks rather silly that you accuse us of melting yet you can't even acknowledge that your suggestion of presenting at the port and seeking to come here legally isn't an option for many, many people. And many of those people are at risk for violence and can't seek asylum because of Trump. 

I have no issue acknowledging that I wasn't a huge Hillary fan and think she had way too much baggage. I have no issue acknowledging that I and many others didn't pay attention to what Obama was doing and we failed immigrants. I don't think Bill Clinton is a Saint, I think he is a creep, so it really means nothing that he wrote some of our current immigration bills. 

So before you scream snowflake, might want to check the mirror, you seem rather delicate yourself when it comes to Trump policies. 

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I mentioned sex slavery earlier. Have you actually been reading posts?  If you have forgotten, you have stated that people can present themselves at the port of entry and ask for asylum. You accused us of melting, but it appears that you melt just as much when confronted with the reality that what you suggest isn't an option for many people, including women and children who are running  from gangs who will kill them or sell them into sex slavery. Trump is the one who decided the last bit, in the past those people could find safety here. 

Now you can scream melt and act like we are snowflakes and call names, but it looks rather silly that you accuse us of melting yet you can't even acknowledge that your suggestion of presenting at the port and seeking to come here legally isn't an option for many, many people. And many of those people are at risk for violence and can't seek asylum because of Trump. 

I have no issue acknowledging that I wasn't a huge Hillary fan and think she had way too much baggage. I have no issue acknowledging that I and many others didn't pay attention to what Obama was doing and we failed immigrants. I don't think Bill Clinton is a Saint, I think he is a creep, so it really means nothing that he wrote some of our current immigration bills. 

So before you scream snowflake, might want to check the mirror, you seem rather delicate yourself when it comes to Trump policies. 

You are just a Librul. Can’t be helped. 

If this man had not entered illegally this young woman would be alive. but since she apparently wanted open borders, maybe it doesn’t matter. 

Dunno. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

How anyone can't see this as a clear case of male entitlement (versus, say, an issue with undocumented immigrants) is completely beyond me. 

Yes it is. This guy would have behaved this way anywhere and no matter the status of his immigration. 

You are just a Librul. Can’t be helped

I may be liberal but I can acknowledge when the head of my party does something that hurts women and children, so I guess I'm doing better than you. 

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

You are just a Librul. Can’t be helped. 

If this man had not entered illegally this young woman would be alive. but since she apparently wanted open borders, maybe it doesn’t matter. 

Dunno. 

If he had of entered legally she likely would still have been murdered by him. 

If he had of stayed in his home country he likely would have murdered a girl there. 

He murdered her because he’s a violent individual, not because of his immigration status. I don’t think you quite get the fact that no matter where he was, or whether he was legal or not, he would still be a murderous person. 

If he had of murdered someone in his home country, it wouldn’t have been any less disgusting. 

14 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

No you needed to lynch someone. You are very, very angry probably all the time since Hillie lost and then along comes a victim. 

Hey, enjoy yourself. 

oh honey... baby... darlin'.

I had no cock in that fight. I'm English. Both of my recent votes were overruled by another (I voted Remain in Brexit, and for Labour in the election), but I keep doing what I do and being respectful and I go about my business irl calmly, and in a calculated way so that I may be in a position one day to affect the change I believe in for the people I love. From where I am now I could go into teaching, journalism, social work, and even government.

I'm about compassion. I'm about love. I'm about raising women up and out of the shadows. I'm about protecting children at costs you wouldn't be capable of conceiving. I'm about using the anger I experience cleverly, and in productive ways. I'm about fighting for the underdog and speaking out where and when I can to make sure that bullies like you stay firmly fighting people they can't hurt. I'm about more love than you can imagine there being, and one day, when the 'libruls' take the tattered pieces of this gone-to-shit world that you and your ilk so proudly and wrongfully claim as being 'great', I hope you're still around to find out that love will win, eventually, every single time. 

Mollie Tibbetts was killed. That tragedy, and her story, is not yours to claim for your own gain. Let her rest peacefully, and not with this sensationalist bigotry attached to her name. Her family deserves better than that, and so does she. 

1 minute ago, Escadora said:

oh honey... baby... darlin'.

I had no cock in that fight. I'm English. Both of my recent votes were overruled by another (I voted Remain in Brexit, and for Labour in the election), but I keep doing what I do and being respectful and I go about my business irl calmly, and in a calculated way so that I may be in a position one day to affect the change I believe in for the people I love. From where I am now I could go into teaching, journalism, social work, and even government.

I'm about compassion. I'm about love. I'm about raising women up and out of the shadows. I'm about protecting children at costs you wouldn't be capable of conceiving. I'm about using the anger I experience cleverly, and in productive ways. I'm about fighting for the underdog and speaking out where and when I can to make sure that bullies like you stay firmly fighting people they can't hurt. I'm about more love than you can imagine their being, and one day, when the 'libruls' take the tattered pieces of this gone-to-shit world that you and your ilk so proudly and wrongfully claim as being 'great', I hope you're still around to find out that love will win, eventually, every single time. 

Mollie Tibbetts was killed. That tragedy, and her story, is not yours to claim for your own gain. Let her rest peacefully, and not with this sensationalist bigotry attached to her name. Her family deserves better than that, and so does she. 

All of your vicious anger will never help anyone. 

All of your vicious anger will never help anyone. 

lol k 

you keep telling yourself that, sweetie

Chris Watts is a citizen and his wife and daughters are just as dead. Our problem is Men who feel that their wants are more important than women’s lives. But none of the people who seem to care SO DEEPLY about Mollie Tibbets are saying a word about Chris Watts, because a white man murdering his whole family doesn’t further their agenda of persecuting brown people. Intimate parter violence is also incredibly common in our country, but who gives a shit about that when there’s illegal brown monsters hiding in the bushes! Let’s not talk about the actual problem, let’s focus on this incredibly rare boogieman. Never mind that you’re 100x more likely to be murdered by someone you know than you are to be attacked while running! Let’s wag our fingers at silly women for thinking they have the right to exist alone in public spaces eithout being murdered.

Fuck that noise. These people want us living in Gilead. 

So, I'm afraid that I've forgotten who was trying to figure out how to ignore a poster here. Sorry. Here's a few screenshots of a way that works on mobile devices and should work on a computer, too.

Spoiler

First, click on the directory:

20180822_174953.thumb.jpg.78bac11010510ddc91093ba8176eaacb.jpg

Click on "Account":

20180822_175140.thumb.jpg.f5397199766b733bba28eec03b2ddd20.jpg

Then, click "Ignored Users:

20180822_175314.thumb.jpg.adfec2c21529b3ce2920c495034e70b2.jpg

20180822_175529.thumb.jpg.f02a84e28b260ec6f2af1f83436dccb3.jpg

Type the user name, and it will give you names to choose from:

20180822_175802.thumb.jpg.0cbcd048c839ba93e65510fd09d1a71a.jpg

Click the user you want to ignore, and wahlah!

Rest in peace Mollie. I wish you had gotten your chance to change our world for the better.

Spoiler

20170202_143919.thumb.jpg.e1b9b62fbcfb4960e63b60e7b9000087.jpg

4 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, I have provided the Librul mob with plenty of entertainment it would seem.

Oh bore off :pb_lol:

It is absolutely appalling that a thread which started in memory of an innocent woman brutally murdered has turned into this. It’s tragic enough that Mollie lost her life, but it’s even more so that she is now being used as a political football by people who didn’t know her and (apparently) don’t actually care about respecting her memory and her loved ones wishes. This has to be one of the ugliest turns I’ve seen a thread on here take and I’m honestly pretty disgusted.

9AA3565E-FBCD-4D3A-BED4-7D6DEA736A37.png.660b40c9b1e272136ae4df672dc22471.png

55 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Best suggestion ever seems appropriate.  

image.thumb.png.03cecdc0f942018b3f1f9d4140825efe.png

Archived