IGNORED

Authorities believe they have found the body of Mollie Tibbetts

47of74

[mention=20881]2manyKidzzz[/mention] I am an American, in fact I'm an Iowan, and I think you need to sit the fuck down. There are hundreds of thousands of Latino people living peacefully in the state, some of them friends of mine. And I know for a fact that some of those folks woke up today feeling less safe because of the climate that's developing around this. If you think you can make the streets safer by snatching people off of them for deportation or by making racists feel justified in looking at their neighbors with suspicion, well, you and I have a very different notion of safety. 

Generally where at in Iowa? I’m near Dubuque.

I knew the second they identified the killer fuck face and his groupies would start ginning up their base to reenact Kristillnacht against Latinos. Even those here legally, and those who were born US citizens.

And these Reich wing fucks really ought to know better. 100 years ago if a German immigrant murdered a young woman like that their ancestors would be doing the same broad brush attacks against their ancestors that they now do against Latinos.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

And I suppose you all believe he should be set free because he is illegal.

Of course not. He's a murderer, and should be prosecuted as such. Once the criminal system is done with him (assuming they don't execute him), he then gets turned over to immigration for the SEPARATE crime of immigrating illegally to be dealt with. 

This is very simple.

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

And I suppose you all believe he should be set free because he is illegal.

For goodness sake, you seriously are asking that? 

Of course not. He's a murderer, and should be prosecuted as such. Once the criminal system is done with him (assuming they don't execute him), he then gets turned over to immigration for the SEPARATE crime of immigrating illegally to be dealt with. 
This is very simple.

They can’t. Iowa does not have a death penalty. He’ll spend the rest of his life in prison.

23 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

You are calling me a Reich winger....really? And assuming my response to some gun issue?. 

You have a history of racist reich wing posts on fj. You know this is the wrong place to spout hate and falsities and that's why now you stay away from the political forum.

6 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Generally where at in Iowa? I’m near Dubuque.

I knew the second they identified the killer fuck face and his groupies would start ginning up their base to reenact Kristillnacht against Latinos. Even those here legally, and those who were born US citizens.

And these Reich wing fucks really ought to know better. 100 years ago if a German immigrant murdered a young woman like that their ancestors would be doing the same broad brush attacks against their ancestors that they now do against Latinos.

DSM. I also wonder if any of them will make the connection, as they ask themselves "why was he here?" that the real reason there are undocumented workers in the state is that the ag processing giants looove to exploit their labor.

2 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

DSM. I also wonder if any of them will make the connection, as they ask themselves "why was he here?" that the real reason there are undocumented workers in the state is that the ag processing giants looove to exploit their labor.

I always say, want to curb illegal immigration from any country, go after the people who hire them and make money off of them. Many times exploiting them and having them work in bad conditions for little pay. Why hire someone who is legal or a citizen when you would have to ensure fair wages and a safe work environment? Why you wouldn't be able to amass the fortune you want. 

2 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I doubt it very much.  Apparently he was here working for a farm owned by a higher up in the Farm Bureau who had run for Secretary of Agriculture earlier this year.  They will probably gloss right over that in their race to use Mollie to score political points.    

15 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

A hundred years ago, in the wake of WWI, many German families anglicized or changed their surnames outright to avoid exactly that kind of broad brush attack. 

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Why hire someone who is legal or a citizen when you would have to ensure fair wages and a safe work environment?

Did anyone notice that the alleged murderer's erstwhile employer -- a REPUBLICAN farmer whose business DEPENDS ON HIRING FOREIGN WORKERS -- claims that the man was here legally as far as he knew? 

12 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

You have a history of racist reich wing posts on fj. You know this is the wrong place to spout hate and falsities and that's why now you stay away from the political forum.

I have a history of racist posts!!! What fun. 

Melt away, I’ll check back.

3 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I doubt it very much.  Apparently he was here working for a farm owned by a higher up in the Farm Bureau who had run for Secretary of Agriculture earlier this year.  They will probably gloss right over that in their race to use Mollie to score political points.    

Of course they will. Exploit her for political gain. If I were her family I would not allow that. 

1 minute ago, hoipolloi said:

A hundred years ago, in the wake of WWI, many German families anglicized or changed their surnames outright to avoid exactly that kind of broad brush attack. 

Did anyone notice that the alleged murderer's erstwhile employer -- a REPUBLICAN farmer whose business DEPENDS ON HIRING FOREIGN WORKERS -- claims that the man was here legally as far as he knew? 

Yes, I remember reading about that. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I have a history of racist posts!!! What fun. 

Melt away, I’ll check back.

snowflakes right? 

Speaking of melting, @2manyKidzzz didn't exactly run towards addressing how the current administration will turn away women and children fleeing violence leaving them with the option to remain in danger or sneak across the border. 

14 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Yes snowflakes. For sure.

I'm not surprised you meant that. Its part of the usual schtick with people like yourself. 

It is terrible and tragic that Mollie was murdered. I don’t think it’s appropriate or compassionate to bring politics into it. 

I couldn't figure out for several minutes where the comments were that people were replying to. Then I realized I'd set her nasty bigoted ass to ignore long, long ago.  Whelp, that decision's been reaffirmed.

How would one go about getting a snowflake avatar?  I've decided I need to carry that distinction with pride!  (And I'm Canadian so there's that too).  

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

This is very obtuse black/white thinking. All people have value as human beings, priorities based on nationalities make no sense.

I'm not American but I read about this girl and it's very very sad, I can only hope her family finds peace. 

I love your comment. I'm from South Africa which has a very bad awful crime rate. And the majority of the crime is committed by SA citizens, and foreigners are targeted with hate crimes. To say that people of a different nationality to your own don't deserve the same rights, and automatically put them in a criminal sort of box, it's not fair. 

15 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

How would one go about getting a snowflake avatar? 

If you don't like it, send me a PM and we can pick another one.

So, let’s see....anyone should be able to walk into the US at any time. Anyone who is harmed or killed as a result of this...it is totally justified. Same anywhere in the world. Total chaos. 

Okay, I get it now

If Mollie’s family is happy that she died to aid illegal immigration, I am mystified, but it’s not my call.

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So, let’s see....anyone should be able to walk into the US at any time. Anyone who is harmed or killed as a result of this...it is totally justified. Same anywhere in the world. Total chaos. 

Okay, I get it now

If Mollie’s family is happy that she died to aid illegal immigration, I am mystified, but it’s not my call.

did anyone say since he was illegal the murder is okay? that he should get off scott free? What do you suppose we do? Start rounding up illegals and shooting them because well they are all criminals. Lets build camps for Mexicans too! Yes that is a good idea. 

How in the heck does this "aid" illegal immigration? I would love to know. If anything it hurts people who are here legally. My mother is Hispanic. You know how many times nice white people told her to swim the Rio Grande back to Mexico? Despite the fact that she isn't Mexican or South American and came here legally by plane! 

You really are one warped human being if you think any of us are applauding this murder. 

4 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Okay, I get it now

(...)

Nobody said that, damn it !!! Are you doing this on purpose ? You should be ashamed of yourself. And don't say "Ok I get it" when you have so much shit in your eyes that you can't even understand what you read. 

6 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Okay, I get it now

I'm sorry for your pain, and the pain of all friends and family of crime victims.

Immigration is a real issue and regulations are needed.

But your comments here are irrational, inappropriate and offensive.

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Okay, I get it now

I mean, that's LITERALLY how America as we know it was founded, and you do seem PRETTY FOND of "Traditional America".  

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

did anyone say since he was illegal the murder is okay? that he should get off scott free? What do you suppose we do? Start rounding up illegals and shooting them because well they are all criminals. Lets build camps for Mexicans too! Yes that is a good idea. 

How in the heck does this "aid" illegal immigration? I would love to know. If anything it hurts people who are here legally. My mother is Hispanic. You know how many times nice white people told her to swim the Rio Grande back to Mexico? Despite the fact that she isn't Mexican or South American and came here legally by plane! 

You really are one warped human being if you think any of us are applauding this murder. 

I don’t know if you are applauding. You certainly think anything justifies people entering this nation illegally. And no one can say anything about it at all, or they are called names. 

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

I mean, that's LITERALLY how America as we know it was founded, and you do seem PRETTY FOND of "Traditional America".  

You all have a list of names and categories in which to place people who do not agree with you 100%. 

You have no idea what I think about “Traditional America”.

You are all enjoying this and I can see that. 

And if Mollie’s family is on board I think it is nutty.

I have always thought it was ill advised for women to jog alone at dusk, or on a deserted road. 

Place yourself at risk.

Archived