IGNORED

Authorities believe they have found the body of Mollie Tibbetts

47of74

I’ve been glued to this case on Websleuths. 

Remember, Sierah Joughrin was abducted in an almost identical way and her killer wasn’t an immigrant. He was a repeat offender that attempted a failed abduction and succeeded with Sierah.

I weep as Mollie could have been any of us and I was a lot like her. I weep for her family. I also weep for the fact that Trump is going to make this a pivotal issue in mid term elections and 2020 bringing it up all the time.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

the correct term is illegal aliens. If I sneak into Canada I am an illegal alien.

I love how, of everything I mentioned, you argue the toss only over what term it is you can use to refer to the people you happily let your president and his administration put through unspeakable indignity. You don't deny that you're heartless, you don't deny that you're attention seeking, you don't deny that you're a troll... you only wanna call people aliens because they have different colour skin, an accent, a different religion, or any combination of the three. 

For anyone interested, here's a link to politifacts and what i could find about the definitions: https://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2018/may/09/steve-mccraw/illegal-alien-legal-term-federal-law/

The difference, from what I can gather, is that when lawmakers and legal professionals use the term illegal alien, they're doing it to make a differentiation between those who are known to be legally somewhere and those who are not. On the other hand, when people like our dear @2manyKidzzz here use that term, it's being used, quite obviously as a tool to depersonalise an immigrant, and as a degrading slur, and that is definitely something to be ashamed of, no matter how staunchly you believe in the immigration policies of your administration. Media outlets are discouraged from using the term so as not to spread distrust and hatred towards illegal immigrants (who are, before they are immigrants, illegal or otherwise, PEOPLE). 

Somebody died, @2manyKidzzz. You are disrespecting both her memory and her surviving family and friends by making this about your hatred and bigotry.

I repeat, you should be ashamed of yourself.

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

You really do melt away from criticizing Trump, don't you? If you skip back a bit you will see a link that you can quickly glance at and see that the Trump administration changed it so that women and children who are fleeing gangs who will kill them or sell them into sex slavery no longer have the option to seek asylum. They will be turned away at the door. 

You are melting away from admitting that there are many people who don't have the option to immigrate legally and that Trump has made that number even higher. These people will still need to flee here for safety, they just aren't going to do it legally. It is easy to act like all illegal immigrants are criminals, but in reality it is a lot more complicated than that. 

There were laws that refused Anne Frank's family asylum, didn't mean they were good. If an American family could have snuck them in the country illegally, it might have been against the law but it would have been the moral thing to do. 

So now I am responsible for the death of Anne Frank? Really, I have to laugh.

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

thank you. Its been hard. I'm an only child so no one really quite feels it the way I do. He was a fantastic man. A peace maker, polite, honorable..... when the staff at the nursing home that he passed at are sobbing, you know he was a good one. He came from Europe after the war. 

Look after yourself libgirl2, I'm so sorry about your father. It's very hard, be kind to yourself and hide if you want to. I've found it works well for me. Starbucks in the corner seat by the window with a cup of tea. You will have good days, bad days and Duvet days. Don't feel guilty about it and don't let anyone tell you to pull yourself together.

Sending my best wishes.:coffee:

4 minutes ago, Escadora said:

I love how, of everything I mentioned, you argue the toss only over what term it is you can use to refer to the people you happily let your president and his administration put through unspeakable indignity. You don't deny that you're heartless, you don't deny that you're attention seeking, you don't deny that you're a troll... you only wanna call people aliens because they have different colour skin, an accent, a different religion, or any combination of the three. 

For anyone interested, here's a link to politifacts and what i could find about the definitions: https://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2018/may/09/steve-mccraw/illegal-alien-legal-term-federal-law/

The difference, from what I can gather, is that when lawmakers and legal professionals use the term illegal alien, they're doing it to make a differentiation between those who are known to be legally somewhere and those who are not. On the other hand, when people like our dear @2manyKidzzz here use that term, it's being used, quite obviously as a tool to depersonalise an immigrant, and as a degrading slur, and that is definitely something to be ashamed of, no matter how staunchly you believe in the immigration policies of your administration. Media outlets are discouraged from using the term so as not to spread distrust and hatred towards illegal immigrants (who are, before they are immigrants, illegal or otherwise, PEOPLE). 

Somebody died, @2manyKidzzz. You are disrespecting both her memory and her surviving family and friends by making this about your hatred and bigotry.

I repeat, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Just so you know, I absolutely am not ashamed of myself. 

There!!

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

So now I am responsible for the death of Anne Frank? Really, I have to laugh.

Laugh away, be your wilfully ignorant self, and know that in fewer than 100 years young American people are going to read about people like you in history books and feel sick that someone so disgusting lived in their country not so far behind them. 

Just now, Escadora said:

Laugh away, be your wilfully ignorant self, and know that in fewer than 100 years young American people are going to read about people like you in history books and feel sick that someone so disgusting lived in their country not so far behind them. 

They will read about idiots like you darlin’. Under the category “Idiots”

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

They will read about idiots like you darlin’. Under the category “Idiots”

As long as my name is nowhere near yours I'll consider it good.

I can only imagine the grief the family is feeling right now.  They, and their daughter, do not need their tragedy turned into a media circus.  Let the family grieve privately and honor Mollie's memory.

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

And no matter how much you scream at me....

Hillary still lost. That is why you are mad. 

Actually she won the popular vote, but that's neither here nor there, as no one in this thread is talking about Hillary.

We should make a bingo card for which Faux News ducking the actual argument responses we get from this thread.

Just now, Destiny said:

Actually she won the popular vote, but that's neither here nor there, as no one in this thread is talking about Hillary.

We should make a bingo card for which Faux News ducking the actual argument responses we get from this thread.

Electoral college wins.

Have fun with bingo.

She didn't lose. An outdated, ridiculous technicality robbed her of the victory she earned but that's not the point. 

Mollie Tibbetts was murdered and you, you condescending little shit, have the nerve to disrespect her memory in order to try and further your own agenda. I would be surprised, but that seems to be about on par from what you can expect from most modern Republicans. 

You make me sick. 

I hope one day you can heal that rot that exists where your soul should be, but until then there's absolutely no hope for you.

Disgusting. 

2 minutes ago, Escadora said:

She didn't lose. An outdated, ridiculous technicality robbed her of the victory she earned but that's not the point. 

Mollie Tibbetts was murdered and you, you condescending little shit, have the nerve to disrespect her memory in order to try and further your own agenda. I would be surprised, but that seems to be about on par from what you can expect from most modern Republicans. 

You make me sick. 

I hope one day you can heal that rot that exists where your soul should be, but until then there's absolutely no hope for you.

Disgusting. 

Hey, I’ll pray for you. With all of that hate and feeling free to express it you need that!!

Maybe parking garages are different where other people live, but HOW do I make sure I am not in a parking garage alone?  Unless I have a companion or chaperone, I don't know whether another person will be in the garage with me.  Most garages here are minimally attended, if they are attended at all.  Am I not allowed to used parking garages at all?

Or, as a woman, do I take my life into my hands unless I ALWAYS leave the house with a chaperone who will accompany me everywhere?  That is LITERAL fundie logic.  That is EXACTLY what they preach.  Exactly.  Is that where we are at today?

And what the hell is wrong with the CITIZENS of this country, past and present, that we have ALLOWED OUR COUNTRY to be this way?  THAT's where the problem lies: with the people who have been in this country for generations and created and fostered a place where 50% of the population is fundamentally unsafe at essentially any time.  Immigrants just got here.  This situation was created by citizens, and that is where the problem lies.

54 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I have not dodged the question but have answered it repreatedly.

He is not supposed to be here. Is that hard to grasp? the space he occupies should be empty of him in this country. 

What don’t you get?

This crime WAS NOT DIRECTLY CAUSED by his immigration status.  His lack of proper documentation did not motivate him to stalk and murder a young woman.  The fact that he was an illegal immigrant is NOT why Mollie died.  That doesn't even make sense.  THAT is what you need to answer to.  

He was (possibly) illegal, and he murdered Mollie.  He was also right handed (most likely), and he murdered Mollie.  He had eyes of a certain color, and he murdered Mollie.  He had a certain hair color, and he murdered Mollie.  

IT DOES NOT FOLLOW that he murdered Mollie BECAUSE of any of those things.  So it makes no sense to talk about his immigration status any more than it makes sense to talk about his hand preference, eye color, height, weight as the reason why Mollie died.  Mollie did not die because this man was an illegal immigrant.  She did not die because he was right handed.  She did not die because he was of a certain height or weight, though ALL of those could have and likely did contribute.

Unless you can show that his being an illegal immigrant CAUSED this to happen, it's irrelevant.  And you cannot.  Yes, if he wouldn't have been here, she wouldn't have died.  Maybe if he weighed less or was shorter, she would have overpowered him and escaped.  Maybe if he had a different dominant hand, she would have been able to free herself.  But none of those are CAUSAL factors, and making this about immigration is no more productive than making this about people with certain skin, eye, or hair colors.

Which, of course, is what you are sneakily trying to do.  

Fun point: If agriculture wasn't so dependent on illegal immigrant labor, he WOULDN'T have been there.  So do you think that we should crack down on farmers who employ illegal immigrants or do insufficient employment checks?  Would you support a substantial increase in the price of food due to rising costs associated with employing legal labor?  Because people come because they can get work.  An easy way to solve this is...make it harder for them to work by cracking down on employers who exploit illegal immigrant labor!

48 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

He is not supposed to be here. Is that hard to grasp? the space he occupies should be empty of him in this country. 

Using your "reasoning," then, if the victim hadn't lived in Iowa she wouldn't have died, right? So therefore -- again using your "reasoning" -- she's at fault for being in Iowa in the first place.

IOW, one set of statements makes about as much sense as the other which is to say they're both unbelievably stupid & ignorant. 

His immigration status has nothing to do with the crime he is alleged to have committed. End of story.

Hey, I’ll pray for you. With all of that hate and feeling free to express it you need that!!

I'm an arsehole. I'm grumpy, I'm uncouth, I'm passionate, I'm learning, I'm fighting, and I'm proud to stand behind everything I've said tonight. 

There exists more love in my pinkie finger than there is in your entire being. Take your prayers, and shove them up your hateful ass.

9 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Is it the only thing you "learn" about this thread ? That people on here are just mad Hillary Clinton lost ? If so, we reach a new level of stupidity right now. 

Guess I’ll have to pray for all of you.

He shuldn’t have been here. He didn’t rob a 7-11 he brutally murdered a young woman.

But of course I won’t pray for any of you. Ha.

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Guess I’ll have to pray for all of you.

He shuldn’t have been here. He didn’t rob a 7-11 he brutally murdered a young woman.

But of course I won’t pray for any of you. Ha.

I can't speak for everyone here but if your God is one who supports and intended for your ideals to exist as they do, then I'll gladly burn in his hell. 

One day, you'll be ashamed, and I hope that day comes before you're turned away from Heaven's gates. 

Just now, Escadora said:

I can't speak for everyone here but if your God is one who supports and intended for your ideals to exist as they do, then I'll gladly burn in his hell. 

One day, you'll be ashamed, and I hope that day comes before you're turned away from Heaven's gates. 

Let me be clear. I am not ashamed. 

And you are God, deciding who is turned away from Heaven’s Gate?]

wow You are really angry, kind of uncontrolled.

I'm going to repost this again:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2018/08/20/mollie-tibbetts-missing-iowa-search-brooklyn-news-update-disappearance-latest-girl-facebook-reddit/1018226002/

This is the person the world lost. She seemed like she was a great person who would have changed the world around her for the better. May you rest in peace Mollie. The world is poorer without you in it.

2 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

The killer's employer is a major Republican donor.

Well then the the problem is because of all Republicans.  They must all be deported to their country of origin.

Archived