IGNORED

Authorities believe they have found the body of Mollie Tibbetts

47of74

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

Cursing is a sign of your character.

This man should not have been here. 

People need to enter legally. I for instance, cannot relocate to Europe, live and work, unless I am legal. 

Without law and order there is chaos. 

Glad you have Latino friends. Geez.

Great argument! I'm glad you're concerned with the substance of my remarks. 

Fuck you.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

If you think Illegal aliens are more important than citizens of our nation, I think you are wrong. Very wrong. 

This is very obtuse black/white thinking. All people have value as human beings, priorities based on nationalities make no sense.

Just now, laPapessaGiovanna said:

This is very obtuse black/white thinking. All people have value as human beings, priorities based on nationalities make no sense.

I am paraphrasing a quote from Call the Midwife, God doesn't value one precious life more than another. 

Christopher Watts was an American citizen who killed his wife and kids.  If he hadn't been here, they would be alive as well. (Well, his wife would be, anyway).

I don't think him being an undocumented immigrant is relevant to him having murdered her.

1 minute ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

In this case he should not have been here.

You clearly do not care about that young woman. Good for you. 

Just now, SamiKatz said:

Christopher Watts was an American citizen who killed his wife and kids.  If he hadn't been here, they would be alive as well. (Well, his wife would be, anyway).

I don't think him being an undocumented immigrant is relevant to him having murdered her.

I was just going to mention the Watts case. People kill, they have since the dawn of time. Cain slew Abel. Yes, if the guy weren't here she would be alive, but if she had stayed home that day she would be alive. 

3 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Calling me obtuse now because you disagree with me. I am not allowed to think differently from you. typical. 

He was here illegally. She is dead. You don’t care. Obviously. 

2 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

He should not have been here. How hard is that to understand.

You do not care about the young woman. Or Kate Steinle. Or my friend who was killed.

that’s you.

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

You clearly do not care about that young woman. Good for you. 

I know I'm not going to change your mind on this, but just for the record. You can go read Mollie's social media right now if you want to. It's very clear that she would have been absolutely horrified with what's being done in her name. These were not her political beliefs. 

If I were her family it would add terrible insult to injury to see such hateful people claiming to speak for her.

6 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I know I'm not going to change your mind on this, but just for the record. You can go read Mollie's social media right now if you want to. It's very clear that she would have been absolutely horrified with what's being done in her name. These were not her political beliefs. 

If I were her family it would add terrible insult to injury to see such hateful people claiming to speak for her.

I saw a video clip of some children with MAGA shirts on. What were they saying? How Mexicans don't belong here and need to get out. Not illegals of any country but ALL Mexicans. Where do you think they hear that? Their parents. Sad isn't it? 

Kristallnacht was a retaliation to the murder of a nazi by a German born Polish Jew. I wonder sometimes just how close we are to this insanity. 

Again, the guy shouldn't have been here but he was. My heart breaks for her but it also breaks for all the senseless murders that occur in this country. 

1 minute ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Agreed. Should he have been in the country? Well, no. But he was. It doesn't matter where he was from or how he got here, he killed somebody. Heck, I know of a family where the husband was killed and the wife was permanently left in a vegetative state, leaving two very young children to be raised by relatives - by a drunk driver who happened to be in the country illegally. I'm much more angry about the drunk driving than the immigration issues. Those are separate crimes.

This guy committed two crimes. Illegal immigration, and murder. They are unrelated, and it's ridiculous to pretend they are. If he was going to kill somebody he was going to kill somebody. It didn't much matter where he was. I think the two crimes need to be addressed separately, and it's blatantly racist to conflate the two and imply that the murder happened BECAUSE he had immigrated here illegally. 

Sure, some people here illegally commit other crimes. Some never commit another crime, work hard, and contribute to society. Many just are desperate to improve their situation, for themselves and their children.

I don't know what the murder rate is among people who have immigrated illegally. But I'd bet it's not higher than the rest of the population, as the last thing most people want is attention from the police when they're undocumented!

I'm sure her parents are angry that he was in the country illegally. But the fact that this guy was a murderer should not paint all illegal immigrants with the same brush, any more than Ted Bundy's many murders should paint all volkswagen owners with the same brush.

He should not have been here. How hard is that to understand.

I bet you are one of those that when confronted with the "he was crazy and dangerous so he shouldn't have been able to get a gun" argument would reply "he would have found other means to kill" or something.

Funny how the reich wingers can be obtuse when confronted with logic.

Mollie is dead because he is an illegal alien. If there are no laws, innocent people suffer. If it continues, more innocent people will suffer. 

There are laws. Without laws...chaos. People dead in cornfields. 

If you are here illegallly, you could be deported at the drop of a hat.

Anywhere in the world.

12 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Your posts are a sign of yours. They indicate you are intolerant, short-sighted, racist, and xenophobic.

Bully for you. 

26 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

If you come to a port of entry, you can apply for asylum.

It doesn't always work that way. People come trying over and over again and are turned away. 

26 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

If you truly need asylum, that is the way forward. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/11/politics/border-immigrants-asylum-restrictions/index.html

Under new guidance given Wednesday to the officers who interview asylum seekers at the US' borders and evaluate refugee applications, claims based on fear of gang and domestic violence will be immediately rejected. 

That is the way forward unless you are going to be murdered by gangs or someone in your family. In the past we would help you, now we will let you be killed and/or your young daughters be sold into sex slavery because Trump America doesn't want to help brown people. 

The changes being implemented by the Department of Homeland Security come on the heels of Attorney General Jeff Sessions' decision last month that gang and domestic violence victims no longer qualify for asylum. 

Just now, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I bet you are one of those that when confronted with the "he was crazy and dangerous so he shouldn't have been able to get a gun" argument would reply "he would have found other means to kill" or something.

Funny how the reich wingers can be obtuse when confronted with logic.

You are calling me a Reich winger....really? And assuming my response to some gun issue?. 

Wow. 

2 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

Your posts are a sign of yours. They indicate you are intolerant, short-sighted, racist, and xenophobic.

Bully for you. 

And, gee. I have not called people names!!! I believe in law and order because I love my friends and family. 

Why the hell should gang members be allowed into the US? 

This has been fun seeing you all melt down!!!

Cheerio. Melt away. Ha ha!!

He shouldn’t have been here. 

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Why the hell should gang members be allowed into the US? 

Why should people fleeing gangs be denied?

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It doesn't always work that way. People come trying over and over again and are turned away. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/11/politics/border-immigrants-asylum-restrictions/index.html

That is the way forward unless you are going to be murdered by gangs or someone in your family. In the past we would help you, now we will let you be killed and/or your young daughters be sold into sex slavery because Trump America doesn't want to help brown people. 

Its interesting that one of the right wing anti immigration friends of ours is from Cuba. Almost her entire family came here fleeing Castro. The US gave them asylum. They were able to become citizens and lead good lives. How times have changed. 

8 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

This man should not have been here. 

People need to enter legally. I for instance, cannot relocate to Europe, live and work, unless I am legal. 

Without law and order there is chaos. 

Glad you have Latino friends. Geez.

Do you know what compassion means ? Do you know what those "illegal aliens" go trough before coming to USA ?  Do you think it's easy to seek asylum ? Do you really think they come in USA just because ? Good lord, you need a reality check. 

Also, I'll be happy to welcome you in my european country, legally or illegally, exactly as they welcomed my grandparents when they illegally immigrated because of poverty, famine and dictatorship. And you know what ? The fact they were illegal didn't make them less human than you or me, they were just fighting for their life ! Can't you get it ? If you were in their position, I'm sure you would be the first to run away to USA without caring about being legal or illegal so please .. 

I have not called people names!!!

Well, except for implying that we don't love our families or care about murder victims. And referring to an entire demographic as "illegals" and "gang members."

You're the one stirring things up and being hostile here. 

Just now, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Well, except for implying that we don't love our families or care about murder victims. And referring to an entire demographic as "illegals" and "gang members."

You're the one stirring things up and being hostile here. 

No, I said I am sorry she was killed because the man shouldn’t have been here. 

Which is true. He shouldn’t. You have called me names and the above.

Melt away. boom.

12 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Mollie is dead because he is an illegal alien.

No, she's dead because he killed her.

If he'd been here legally she'd still have been killed. His immigration status has exactly zero to do with the fact that he killed her. They're two completely separate things.

14 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Mollie is dead because he is an illegal alien. If there are no laws, innocent people suffer. If it continues, more innocent people will suffer. 

There are laws. Without laws...chaos. People dead in cornfields. 

If you are here illegallly, you could be deported at the drop of a hat.

Anywhere in the world.

Mollie is dead because he was a murderer, not because he was an illegal alien.  

I'm sorry about your friend.  I don't know the backstory but I'm sure that was a terrible and painful experience for you and his/her family.

I came here to post about conservatives' reaction to the murder.  When a mass shooting occurs, conservatives will offer their thoughts and prayers, and nothing more.  Liberals will demand new laws, common sense laws, and conservatives offer thoughts and prayers.  But today, the conservatives are all about tougher immigration laws.  Yes, I know it's an important topic that deserves serious conversation, but they're also deflecting, because they don't want to devote time to the Manafort/Cohen fiasco. 

It is tragic that a young woman was murdered.  It is also tragic that her murder is being politicized.  Her (single) death seems so much more important than the victims of a mass shooting, because in conservatives' minds, immigration laws > gun laws.

Archived