IGNORED

Authorities believe they have found the body of Mollie Tibbetts

47of74

Such a horrible situation and outcome, and may Mollie RIP.

Also, what a horrible post for a troll to play attention seeking games. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Maybe parking garages are different where other people live, but HOW do I make sure I am not in a parking garage alone?  Unless I have a companion or chaperone, I don't know whether another person will be in the garage with me.  Most garages here are minimally attended, if they are attended at all.  Am I not allowed to used parking garages at all?

Or, as a woman, do I take my life into my hands unless I ALWAYS leave the house with a chaperone who will accompany me everywhere?  That is LITERAL fundie logic.  That is EXACTLY what they preach.  Exactly.  Is that where we are at today?

And what the hell is wrong with the CITIZENS of this country, past and present, that we have ALLOWED OUR COUNTRY to be this way?  THAT's where the problem lies: with the people who have been in this country for generations and created and fostered a place where 50% of the population is fundamentally unsafe at essentially any time.  Immigrants just got here.  This situation was created by citizens, and that is where the problem lies.

This crime WAS NOT DIRECTLY CAUSED by his immigration status.  His lack of proper documentation did not motivate him to stalk and murder a young woman.  The fact that he was an illegal immigrant is NOT why Mollie died.  That doesn't even make sense.  THAT is what you need to answer to.  

He was (possibly) illegal, and he murdered Mollie.  He was also right handed (most likely), and he murdered Mollie.  He had eyes of a certain color, and he murdered Mollie.  He had a certain hair color, and he murdered Mollie.  

IT DOES NOT FOLLOW that he murdered Mollie BECAUSE of any of those things.  So it makes no sense to talk about his immigration status any more than it makes sense to talk about his hand preference, eye color, height, weight as the reason why Mollie died.  Mollie did not die because this man was an illegal immigrant.  She did not die because he was right handed.  She did not die because he was of a certain height or weight, though ALL of those could have and likely did contribute.

Unless you can show that his being an illegal immigrant CAUSED this to happen, it's irrelevant.  And you cannot.  Yes, if he wouldn't have been here, she wouldn't have died.  Maybe if he weighed less or was shorter, she would have overpowered him and escaped.  Maybe if he had a different dominant hand, she would have been able to free herself.  But none of those are CAUSAL factors, and making this about immigration is no more productive than making this about people with certain skin, eye, or hair colors.

Which, of course, is what you are sneakily trying to do.  

Fun point: If agriculture wasn't so dependent on illegal immigrant labor, he WOULDN'T have been there.  So do you think that we should crack down on farmers who employ illegal immigrants or do insufficient employment checks?  Would you support a substantial increase in the price of food due to rising costs associated with employing legal labor?  Because people come because they can get work.  An easy way to solve this is...make it harder for them to work by cracking down on employers who exploit illegal immigrant labor!

A.M.E.N.

PIN THIS!!!!!

So if HE shouldn't have been there, and SHE shouldn't have been there, the murder would...not have happened because neither of them would have been there? Is this some kind of new logic?  

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It is absolutely appalling that a thread which started in memory of an innocent woman brutally murdered has turned into this. It’s tragic enough that Mollie lost her life, but it’s even more so that she is now being used as a political football by people who didn’t know her and (apparently) don’t actually care about respecting her memory and her loved ones wishes. This has to be one of the ugliest turns I’ve seen a thread on here take and I’m honestly pretty disgusted.

9AA3565E-FBCD-4D3A-BED4-7D6DEA736A37.png.660b40c9b1e272136ae4df672dc22471.png

I don't know, and can't figure out whether or not you're referring to posts I've made, but - having read yours - I'm beginning to realise that things have gone way too far. 

I never intended to use Mollie's name and her death as the proverbial kickball, and so I truly, really am very sorry that I could have come across that way, and that I likely have. There have definitely been posts I've made that weren't respectful, and I should have done better. My desire to lash out at what I found disgusting should not have come before acknowledging this tragedy for what it was. 

If I hadn't have been stirring the pot then things might have calmed down and I'm sorry with and ashamed of myself that I've been contributing to this non-productive conversation and taking away thoughts that could have been spared for Mollie's family. I should have let it lie but I didn't.

@VelociRapture, thank you for the perspective check. I'm glad to see you back, and I hope you have more comfortable than this reading ahead.

All that said, I'm going to make this my last post on the thread. I think it's for the best that I leave and not stir things up further. Again, I really do apologise for my bad form before.

Rest in peace, Mollie. I hope you're remembered for the person you were, and that your family can find peace, quiet, and solace soon. 

Oh, please. This is not about illegal immigrants. This is about twisted male predators who get a THRILL over scaring, dominating, assaulting, raping, and murdering women!

What can you say about the white man that abducted Sierah off a rural Ohio road and brutally raped and killed her?

The problem is with MALE PREDATORS that get thrills out of power, control, and dominating women to the point of murdering them!!!!

It is NOT fair that a woman can’t be safe going for a 7:30ish jog yet a man can. 

Mollie was a vocal feminist and #MeToo supporter. Mollie wasn’t afraid to challenge norms and even served as her Dad’s “best man” in his wedding early in the summer. Y’all should check out her Twitter. Mollie was not only intelligent but caring, funny, and so relatable. The world has lost an amazing young woman and I’ve been sobbing since last night over this.

Thanks FJ for allowing us to call out these stereotypes here in an attempt to educate people. WebSleuths won’t even allow any sort of discussion on it.

46 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, I have provided the Librul mob with plenty of entertainment it would seem.

You’re giving yourself too much credit. 

Your purposefully obtuse, incoherent, ignorant ramblings are nothing more than insignificant brain farts. I wouldn’t even call them thoughts or opinions. 

Go away. The adults want to talk now. 

Librul viciousness never dies. You are a pack of wolves.

But Mollie apparenty agreed with you all, so I wasted my breath. 

Another thing, IF we are to believe Rivera’s admitted account of what happened...

Rivera not only stalked her and watched her before, he followed her in his car.

He got out of his car, and TOLD police she said “Leave me alone! I’m calling 911 and kept running.” He said that made him upset so he admitted to CHASING AFTER HER. 

This is what a sick, sociopathic predator admits to doing to get his “fix” to attack a woman going for a jog, that fought back and told him NO.

He couldn’t handle the rejection so he admitted to chasing her down.

Let’s focus on the FACTS of the case and not what people look like!!!!

5 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

It's not tragic if she doesn't agree with your bigotry?

And technically speaking, being alone in a parking deck is perfectly safe. It's being in one with a person looking for a victim that's dangerous. 

Rest In Peace Mollie, you will be remembered. Hopefully for who you were, not for the immigration status of your murderer. 

12 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

He couldn’t handle the rejection so he admitted to chasing her down.

Yes. This is another case of a man losing it because a woman rejected him. He probably always had intent to hurt her, but he seems to have really lost it when she told leave him alone. Male entitlement had been discussed a lot in the Josie Bates thread.

It is a very tragic situation. The way to change this isn't to give women a list of rules or crack down on illegal immigration, but to raise up a generation of men who don't think they are entitled to the bodies of women. 

ETA: Putting the troll on ignore is the best advice. 

8 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Let’s be clear.

If you come to a port of entry, you can apply for asylum. If you “break in” at the border, it is whatever is there. No Hilton. Maybe cages, treehouses, whatever. you can apply for asylum at embassies in Mexico. To be processed. If you truly need asylum, that is the way forward. 

No new laws have been enacted. Obama deported millions. Including a 12 year old child from Falls Church, Va, which I thought was bizarre.

They are illegal aliens. As a citizen, I deserve to be safe. 

And my children deserve to be safe. I love my children who are not less important than people who are not citizens.

Replying late, but I find you and people like you utterly appallingly.  Now, I'll place you on ignore.  Nothing you have to say after this could be remotely interesting or worth my time to even skim it.

13 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I've been vacillating between using the laughing emoji and the Fuck You one on your last few comments. I decided on neither. You're a complete waste of a good emoji, no matter which one. 

17 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Look you’ve said your part, others have said theirs. Why not just leave it at that? Clearly your views won’t change, and neither will those of other posters. 

Just leave it be now, at the end of the day, a young girl with her whole life in front of her is dead, and that’s the true tragedy here. 

I’ve just been reading Mollie’s Twitter. She was smart, funny, caring, articulate, and training for a half marathon. She was driven, she was kind. Her twitter bio says that she just wants to hype you up and tell you you’re beautiful.

The world needs more Mollies. But instead, now we have one less. 

Mollie believed in great things. She believed in wonderful things. She believed in striving to better herself, and supporting others in their efforts to become better. She believed in love, in using kind language, in asking rather than assuming. She believed in education. She believed in women. 

And now Mollie is gone. 

Remember Mollie. Say her name. Remember that the world lost an incredible person whose only crime was being a woman with goals. 

From women with goals everywhere, wands up for Mollie. 

0A5B6432-EAF2-42F7-9F95-CB4DBB4E0E1B.jpeg.aa17cb196f9078f3a6172beea0aff3ef.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I’ve just been reading Mollie’s Twitter. She was smart, funny, caring, articulate, and training for a half marathon. She was driven, she was kind. Her twitter bio says that she just wants to hype you up and tell you you’re beautiful.

The world needs more Mollies. But instead, now we have one less. 

Mollie believed in great things. She believed in wonderful things. She believed in striving to better herself, and supporting others in their efforts to become better. She believed in love, in using kind language, in asking rather than assuming. She believed in education. She believed in women. 

And now Mollie is gone. 

Remember Mollie. Say her name. Remember that the world lost an incredible person whose only crime was being a woman with goals. 

From women with goals everywhere, wands up for Mollie. 

0A5B6432-EAF2-42F7-9F95-CB4DBB4E0E1B.jpeg.aa17cb196f9078f3a6172beea0aff3ef.jpeg

Yes. Yes. Yes. I am now crying, again. I would have been blessed to have a fellow young woman like her in my life. Her Twitter is inspirational and encouraging. She was a role-model for all girls today.

8 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Mollie is dead because he is an illegal alien.

I read this earlier today and thought, how does one connect these particular dots and still think this make sense?

Please explain your logic on this.

9 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Let’s be clear.

If you come to a port of entry, you can apply for asylum. If you “break in” at the border, it is whatever is there. No Hilton. Maybe cages, treehouses, whatever. you can apply for asylum at embassies in Mexico. To be processed. If you truly need asylum, that is the way forward. 

No new laws have been enacted. Obama deported millions. Including a 12 year old child from Falls Church, Va, which I thought was bizarre.

They are illegal aliens. As a citizen, I deserve to be safe. 

And my children deserve to be safe. I love my children who are not less important than people who are not citizens.

Neither you nor your children are safe in America and it’s not the ‘illegals’ who make it that way. 

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

I'm going to repost this again:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2018/08/20/mollie-tibbetts-missing-iowa-search-brooklyn-news-update-disappearance-latest-girl-facebook-reddit/1018226002/

This is the person the world lost. She seemed like she was a great person who would have changed the world around her for the better. May you rest in peace Mollie. The world is poorer without you in it.

Thanks. I came in here to read about her and the case and was totally derailed by this unfortunate drift. What a lovely young woman. Gone too soon.

3 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

And no matter how much you scream at me....

Hillary still lost. That is why you are mad. 

Donnie?  Is that you?  It's seven o'clock, time to turn off the computer, bwush your teefies and go nighty-night...

Remember friends that distraction can be a tool to control the argument. It can be a way to prevent people from confronting the real issue, and it can be useful if the real issue is one you would really prefer they wouldn’t discuss. 

Don’t be distracted. Don’t give in. Don’t play their game. 

The real issue here is that an incredible woman lost her life for not reason other than the fact that she was a woman. The issue is that this country is not safe for women, especially women who want great things. The issue is that women still are not free to pursue their dreams in this country without risking death. 

Get mad. Get angry. Get irate. But get mad at the right people, the ones really responsible for these issues.

And ignore those who would try to distract you. They’re afraid of what might happen if you actually directed your anger where it belongs. 

Because what might happen is change. And change will always have enemies. 

This is such a tragedy. She seemed like a wonderful young lady and she has her whole life ahead of her. I feel for the family. I hate that this is being politicized.

3 hours ago, Escadora said:

I repeat, you should be ashamed of yourself.

In order for a person to feel shame, they must first have common decency, compassion, a moral code beyond "I've got mine, screw the rest of you (especially those of you who aren't white enough)."

so it's simply not possible for the repugnant poster you were addressing to feel shame.  Heartless ignorance on full proud display.  Any guesses on whether a confederate flag is part of her home decor?

10 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Cursing is a sign of your character.

3 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Back at cha bitch.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=7847084

. . . Okie dokie then.

Since I feel like everyone already made amazing, constructive, intelligent posts, I figured the only thing I could still point out was the almost comical hypocrisy of your own words?

But it's a shame that the dialogue will shift - from yet.another.man deciding to murder a woman who only said "no" - to immigration issues.  And instead of finding ways to continue the legacy that Mollie was working towards, we have to spend our energy fighting trolls.  When what we should rally towards, is her legacy, support for her family and loved ones, and not allowing her murder to become a rally cry for automatic deportations.

Bless all of you are fighting hard for Mollie and sharing who she was, and what she strived for (and accomplished) in her short life.

Archived