IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

6 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The Duggars aren’t that nice. Like for like.

no but every time austin is on screen he acts like a petulant child...everything is such a big deal to him. He can't act nice....

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Josiah tells him that he’s been thinking and praying a lot and he knows its time but its scary.  He enjoys the time with lauren and his encouragement and the years of phone calls… He knows in his heart that lauren is the one and wants his blessing.

I'm curious about this: is he saying he's been talking with Daddy Swanson on the phone for years, or Lauren?

I think Austin is abrasive and blunt, but so is Joy. They seem well matched. He would be a horrible match with Jinger. 

Takeaways from this week's episode  Islander Style

•  hey Jinger uses L'Oreal true match, so do II! I pictured her more a Kat Von D  kind of girl
  •  while Michelle and Jim Bob let them self into Ginger and Jeremy's home and were oohing and aahing at everything, I could imagine Michelle going "ooh look at the wet spot on the bed! "
  • Come thou font? It's been a year, haven't they heard  any songs by Vybz Kartel yet?
  • Imagine how many times has Jim Bob told Michelle in a hushed tone " don't squeak the bed ?
  • Probably a good thing Jinger didn't have any other ideas for the piano that night
  •  Kendra look so much like Bogus from the movie with  Haley Joel Osment
  • one of the twins looks mixed race, did Michelle do a two in one that night ?

I can't believe they pulled out the old tatertot casserole and bbq tuna for the cameras again. The TTCass has been featured on tv, in blogs, published in books, mentioned over and over and is and will be eternally made fun of on the internet. The BBQ Tuna on white bread has been featured on an episode, discussed on other shows they did and brought up repeatedly. Why again? Whhyyy? They know it's a joke... are they trying to be in on it?

Also, last week they are all freaking out and making funny faces over exotic and weird farm fresh goat's cheese (it's just cheese guys, there are so many kinds of cheese, it's not that outrageous) and then we are reminded about the Duggar's love of canned food this week.  Just seemed like a really rich juxtaposition to me.

But I figure it was a bunch of the brothers with Boob and Michelle so if the schtick was to have the boys cook dinner than obvs they would go back to the old simple family classics because they are boys...and Boob makes a joke about not ever cooking the TTCass  because it's hilarious that he's never bothered to cook anything other than mixing canned tuna with bbq sauce and putting it on bread... he loves that story! like so much! He finds himself so funny. I wonder if this whole meal was his great idea or the TLC producers.

Also, it was super nice for them to decide to do this while visiting a pregnant woman who is experiencing food/smell aversions.

23 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

I'm curious about this: is he saying he's been talking with Daddy Swanson on the phone for years, or Lauren?

That's a big part of what the CMOW ministry is...Dwain and Will Peters (Michelle's nephew) talking to their followers on the phone to 'encourage them in the word' and to 'hold them accountable'.  Like virtual acountabilibuddies.  On the website, Dwain talks about mowing lawns and talking to people at the same time.  So, I think his conversations have been with Dwain and not Lauren for the most part.

7 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Also, it was super nice for them to decide to do this while visiting a pregnant woman who is experiencing food/smell aversions.

That was my thought as well.  I would have barfed all over them!

6 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

That's a big part of what the CMOW ministry is...Dwain and Will Peters (Michelle's nephew) talking to their followers on the phone to 'encourage them in the word' and to 'hold them accountable'.  Like virtual acountabilibuddies.  On the website, Dwain talks about mowing lawns and talking to people at the same time.  So, I think his conversations have been with Dwain and not Lauren for the most part.

So he was to Siah what JB was to Derick sort of. Isn't it convenient to have a prayer buddy who has a bunch of daughters to marry off/ to be a prayer buddy to younger men when you have a bunch of daughters to marry off? 

Anyway, I love that Dwain rides around on his lawnmower with a bluetooth headset on ministering to people as he cuts grass. It's almost as funny as my vision of his Lawnmower Ministry which is him standing on a lawn, with a head-set mic on, in a semi-circle of (riderless) ride-on lawn mowers and delivering a sermon to the mowers. He saves them, and puts them to godly mowing work. 

:chores-mowlawn: 

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

boob whispers “don’t squeak the bed.”

No, this cannot have been uttered.  I immediately went to :output_eeMbjt:

1 hour ago, nst said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Austin is really not that nice?  it seems 

I really wanted to like Austin cause he’s kind to animals.......but you’re right.  He’s not very nice and I don’t like him.  Way too fundy, self important and a massive know it all.   IMO.

1 hour ago, SpurgysingsHipHop said:

one of the twins looks mixed race, did Michelle do a two in one that night ?

What a gross thing to say.

39 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I really wanted to like Austin cause he’s kind to animals.......but you’re right.  He’s not very nice and I don’t like him.  Way too fundy, self important and a massive know it all.   IMO.

I don't look at him the same after the babymoon epoisde from last week. That really bothered me how he was during that. He didn't seem to want to do the baby book with Joy.

1 hour ago, SpurgysingsHipHop said:

Takeaways from this week's episode  Islander Style

•  hey Jinger uses L'Oreal true match, so do II! I pictured her more a Kat Von D  kind of girl
  •  while Michelle and Jim Bob let them self into Ginger and Jeremy's home and were oohing and aahing at everything, I could imagine Michelle going "ooh look at the wet spot on the bed! "
  • Come thou font? It's been a year, haven't they heard  any songs by Vybz Kartel yet?
  • Imagine how many times has Jim Bob told Michelle in a hushed tone " don't squeak the bed ?
  • Probably a good thing Jinger didn't have any other ideas for the piano that night
  •  Kendra look so much like Bogus from the movie with  Haley Joel Osment
  • one of the twins looks mixed race, did Michelle do a two in one that night ?

So much yikes. 

TLC:  If you're reading here, please pay attention to this next part---

It is NOT okay to show the child-molester-protectors JB & Michelle like you did tonight. Not at all.

We've noticed you sliding them back into plots and shots. The scenes with the little girls already far exceeded your quota for the year.

I plan to let tonight's sponsors know how I feel about that in words and in dollars spent elsewhere. 

Also launching a campaign to TLC proper about this egregious behavior. 

STOP IT. NOW.

Yep, the show is becoming one big JB & M sandwich again with them squeezing in and smearing themselves over every episode in between the boring as hell (but profitable) wonder bread that is the non-shunned 2nd gens. 

They're probably just "volunteering" now though...:lol4:

It would be so awesome to see that contract(s) they all have with TLC.To whom does the money flow? 

I'm on the left coast so only just started watching… but why is it OK to just let yourself into your daughter's/SIL's house?? I divorced my fundie EX*  whose parents would have done this but it's still just weird. Especially if it's the first time seeing it.

*parents coming in/inviting themselves over was the least of our issues.

53 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

I'm on the left coast so only just started watching… but why is it OK to just let yourself into your daughter's/SIL's house?? I divorced my fundie EX*  whose parents would have done this but it's still just weird. Especially if it's the first time seeing it.

*parents coming in/inviting themselves over was the least of our issues.

Jeremy knew they were coming, I imagine he gave them permission or even instructed them to let themselves in as part of the surprise for Jinger. But yes, in most circumstances I agree.

I will say, Jinger's emotional reaction to seeing her family seemed genuine and, in spite of my feelings about her parents, was kind of touching. I live a four hour drive away from my family, I get the homesickness, and in some ways it was worse after I started having kids. My parents and sister were just here for my older daughter's birthday party and it sucked seeing them leave. 

6 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

You know that he was defending rodeo because humans and animals are not equal?

https://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/208625/joyanna_duggar_austin_forsyth_rodeo/203241/although_austin_maybe_isnt_helping/8

Finished watching ...

I posted in another thread by mistake, that  IMHO, Jinger's Jeremy hit a home run with the anniversary celebration. From the the gift at the restaurant,  to the piano and having Jinger's family surprise her. Duggar Boys take some lessons from Jeremy. Do not learn from creepy ass, bullying, Boob. Didn't Boob take Me'chelle on a hot air balloon ride for some celebration, when she is afraid of heights ?  

I can't stand seeing Boob & Me chelle, as they were beyond horrid parents, but Jinger clearly misses them and seemed truly surprised to see them.  

IMHO, if it was left up to the Duggar boys we would not see Tuna & BBQ sauce or TaterTot casserole.  I view that as all staged by Boob to put the attention back on him.  TLC did "sneak" in a photo of Boob & Me chelle kissing, which makes me want to gag.  

JD seems so over the gender reveals. I believe he participated because Joe, who looks up to him asked him to.  I did enjoy his snarky humor comments in the TH, "this is world changing stuff right here........"    

Used to luv Josiah and thought he would break free from the compound & Boob's controlling  businesses eg, selling used cars, construction  etc.   But that is clearly not happening anytime soon,  IDK,  he just seems off in a creepy way.   

Joy Austin, oh so young.   I think they are well matched.  Neither of them  keep sweet,  which I enjoy.  They are clearly fundies but both seem to be able to speak for themselves, disagree with each other, which is healthier than other fundie couples. 

Did not see Jill or Smugs at the gender reveal.  Jill must be going through Counting on withdraw, hence all her photo bombing her pictures of food on Social Media.  She wants to keep relevant  with the Counting On fans.  It is like Smugs has fallen off the face of the earth. I am OK never hearing or seeing him again.  I did think Anna would make appearances from time to time but she seems to have disappeared as well.  I wonder how all this is going to explained to the M'kids as they grow up ? 

So next episode is proposal which happened around March 1st, but Joy stil didnt have her baby? and we all know when the baby was born.. Why TLC is doing these? :crazy:

9 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

So next episode is proposal which happened around March 1st, but Joy stil didnt have her baby? and we all know when the baby was born.. Why TLC is doing these? :crazy:

Maybe they want it to look like a the engagement was longer than it actually was and at the same time make the birth of Gideon look as late as possible because of the 'rumors'.

Everything to make the Duggars look slightly normal.

On 8/21/2018 at 4:36 AM, Markie said:
I think Austin is abrasive and blunt, but so is Joy. They seem well matched. He would be a horrible match with Jinger. 

I question if he wants to be filmed anymore? Hes acting like he hates the filming, like its some huge chore.

They aren’t overly active on social media, they may just want a quiet life??

The worlds smallest(Duggar) Violin is playing for them... They have to deal with what they signed up for. Suck it up and smile buttercups.

1 hour ago, SayWhat said:

IMHO, if it was left up to the Duggar boys we would not see Tuna & BBQ sauce or TaterTot casserole.  I view that as all staged by Boob to put the attention back on him.  TLC did "sneak" in a photo of Boob & Me chelle kissing, which makes me want to gag.  

Of course it was staged.  Its all staged, all the time.  There is no way any of this actually happened for the first time with a camera standing right there, or even at the time we are told it happens.  If JinJer were really going out for their anniversary "dinner," on 11/5/17, would they go at 4:00 in the afternoon?  These are young people with no children, the restaurant isnt particularly packed, so its not like that was the only seat they could get.  For the day to be as bright as it was shown, they were really filming this at lunch time and pretending it was their anniversary "dinner."  It also didnt take place on 11/5, because Jinger could not possibly have been 3+ weeks pregnant at that time.  The piano people would likely only deliver during the day so they just time shifted to fit their BS.

Are we really supposed to believe that TLC follows this couple around going to the piano store "just to look" and Jinger is clueless that a piano is going to show up in her house?  She may be homeskooled, but this story arc is pretty obvious.  Do we also think that a husband is going to give his wife this AMAZING surprise gift, that he knows will make her SOOO happy ON their first anniversary, and have her brothers (and parents) eavesdropping in on what may transpire?  And she says NOTHING even slightly PG?  NOPE.  I do think that Michelle showing up was a surprise, but she likely knew that the brothers were in town (who she didnt seem to care much about).  I'm sure some FJ sleuth can figure out what the J'middles were there for, because the Duggar men dont roam in packs unless theyre up to something.

The TTC and tuna is ridiculous.  Boob of all people knows damn well not to make Tuna around a pregnant woman.  I would have killed my husband for eating it, because I would have been able to smell it on him for a day.   The duggar antics arent funny and I dont know why we continue to be subjected to it.

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

But knowing how they play fast and loose with dates, who knows when they actually went? lol

It has to have been early December if Jinger was 1+ months along and the "family" already knew about the pregnancy.  I guess Jeremy just buying his wife a nice gift doesnt fit Duggar rules because they had to pretend it was their anniversary.

it may have been because she was pregnant but it seemed last week's episode of her giving birth. Jinger was normal and then her family visits and she reverts back to this person that was on video with ben way back when he interviewed her, and she was sad a sorry mess.  The jinger at the restaurant and the jinger in front of her family were two different people.  It's like yes she misses them, but then she has to go back to being that jinger before opposed to the new one Jeremy "created". It seems it is easier for the public to enjoy the one Jeremy "created". 

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

I thought Josiah proposed right around the time Gideon was born - on the same day, even. Definitely before March 1st, anyway.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived