IGNORED

Counting On season 5/6/7: Part 2 - Who cares, even TLC stopped counting

Buzzard

The moment between Michelle/Jinger was one of the first genuine interactions I've seen in that family, and it was genuinely heart-warming. I am a momma's girl, and so in that moment, I had a lot of sympathy for Jinger. 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed Izzy on Jim-Boob's arm as well and it did make me wonder: Do they just shut Jill, OfJill, Anna and Turd into the prayer closet whenever the film crew is around? That must make for some awkward filming instructions and family conversations ... "Okay, can Jill, Derick, Anna and Josh please get out of the frame...", "Can they please sit on an extra table behind the camera crew"  etc. And then the little kids and all the random guests that always seem to hang out at the TTH asking repeatedly why those four can't be on camera... Sounds exhausting!

Or maybe the family was just watching Izzy? Can anybody remind me how far apart Jill and OfJill live from the compound? Do we know?

1 minute ago, DillyDally said:

I noticed Izzy on Jim-Boob's arm as well and it did make me wonder: Do they just shut Jill, OfJill, Anna and Turd into the prayer closet whenever the film crew is around? That must make for some awkward filming instructions and family conversations ... "Okay, can Jill, Derick, Anna and Josh please get out of the frame...", "Can they please sit on an extra table behind the camera crew"  etc. And then the little kids and all the random guests that always seem to hang out at the TTH asking repeatedly why those four can't be on camera... Sounds exhausting!

Or maybe the family was just watching Izzy? Can anybody remind me how far apart Jill and OfJill live from the compound? Do we know?

Considering that what we're seeing isnt actually what happened and is scripted, they likely are just out doing something else.  

14 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It shows just how much she neglected all the children from about Joe/Josiah/Joy on down. I don't see any of the middle & younger siblings have a real affection for their parents. 

I agree. I feel so bad for the lost kids. They were and maybe still remain closer to their sister mom's than their actual parents. 

I'd like to see Jackson again. He isn't one of the older boys, and didn't get to make the CD with the little girls. I guess he has Tyler to hang out with. He's just a month younger than Grand wolf 1. I hope he's having as much fun as my grandson.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'd like to see Jackson again. He isn't one of the older boys, and didn't get to make the CD with the little girls. I guess he has Tyler to hang out with. He's just a month younger than Grand wolf 1. I hope he's having as much fun as my grandson.

Jackson was always one of my favorites from the boys. I !oved his TH spots. 

I think the adult girls may only feel like they CAN bond with Michelle about babies. That’s what she’s good at. Remember Jill Josie and Michelle in Israel. Or the very calm Michelle at Spurge’s homebirth. All that woman knows how to do is be pregnant and give birth. She’s not so hot at parenting....but she can push them out. 

On 8/24/2018 at 8:25 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

It's so tempting to tweet this picture to OfJill and call him a liar. 

Somebody did, but he hadn’t responded when I saw it and I can’t find it now.

15 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Jackson was always one of my favorites from the boys. I !oved his TH spots. 

I like how protective he was of Hannie in that episode she was scared of the fireworks. She thought they were going to hurt her and Jackson told her he wouldn't let them. 

I kind of feel sorry for Joy. The older girls got the book gig and perhaps some money for that, the younger girls have the CD and money for that. The boys get work trading in some family run business. Joy got nothing. 

Joy is one I feel whose talents and dreams were especially not encouraged, maybe because she was a tomboy. I remember her flying with JD, and she seemed genuinely happy. Maybe she would have liked to have learned to fly herself and that's not really an option? She seemed genuinely deflated after her graduation talking about how she won't be an engineer and so why bother taking algebra. This continued in herlifeless pronouncement of how she was going to stay at home watching little ones. I wasn't suprised she started courting soon after. 

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Joy is one I feel whose talents and dreams were especially not encouraged, maybe because she was a tomboy. I remember her flying with JD, and she seemed genuinely happy. Maybe she would have liked to have learned to fly herself and that's not really an option? She seemed genuinely deflated after her graduation talking about how she won't be an engineer and so why bother taking algebra. This continued in herlifeless pronouncement of how she was going to stay at home watching little ones. I wasn't suprised she started courting soon after. 

She is one of the ladies I had high hopes for. Especially for Joy, Jinger and Jana. 

I also saw Izzy in the house during the sex reveal, the camera man is upstairs and he wanders in and then they cut to a different shot.   I do have to say the exploding box is the best reveal so far, pretty simple, big effect, over in 5-10 minuets.  

On 8/24/2018 at 1:10 PM, DillyDally said:

I'm certain at this point that the crew probably has inoffensive terminology for herding the cats. I can see them saying stuff like "cast only, over here" or "leads here, cast there" to keep the kidults + partners + kids, rest of extended family, and personas non gratas (as far as TLC goes) organized when filming group scenes.

If anyone knows actual insider terminology: I'm curious as to whether this guess is accurate. I'm honestly pulling it out of my ass a little bit, haha.

On 8/25/2018 at 3:54 PM, Markie said:

I kind of feel sorry for Joy. The older girls got the book gig and perhaps some money for that, the younger girls have the CD and money for that. The boys get work trading in some family run business. Joy got nothing. 

Joy got to be Sierra's party planning assistant for a hot minute! She learned how to mix crushed oreos with frosting  and how to put pudding in a diaper to simulate baby shit and stuff like that and generally got to be Sierra's minion which would be an amazing opportunity for anybody. She may have even been thrown a $20 bill here and there y'all who knows. So Joy got that. How could you say she got nothing?  

:tw_wink:

55 minutes ago, Rio said:

I can envision Joy and Austin with a booming contracting business someday. They have a lot on the ball for such young people. 

Joy does seem to enjoy flipping houses with Austin and I believe Austin had his piolets license (may be wrong) so she may getvto fly too. I think she enjoys those things and has more input than most of her sisters but I think Austin is just as bad as derek. I think Austin may be slightly more charming but he's a controlling jerk in my opinion from the TH's I've seen. Them discussing moving 2 months post baby... joy seemed nervous to disagree and he didn't budge a bit. Now in real life maybe he listens to her but the TH's have s pattern like that and it seems very telling to me. 

I think jessa makes most of the decisions in her marriage  and I think jinger and Jeremy talk about things and even if Jeremy gets "final say" he at least listens but derek and Austin just remind me of Archie Bunker. 

Austin & Joy seem to me to be very  pragmatic, in that, at least he realizes, that being on TV and showing your freak show family is only going to go so far. There is only room for so many of these types and at some point there will be so many Duggar's married they will all start too melt into one. They know their lifestyle isn't compatible with the general public and don't care, that is the point of their life. Austin & Joy seem to be doing the bare minimum for family appearances, for the little bit of cash they get, they are both too busy physically working to support their family,  to work on their "image" or their "brand". Austin's father probably has him looking at the long road, telling him make your money now (like JB &M did) while you are young & don't have a huge family, be smart, keep your eye on a goal and focus on that, not trying to delicately tip toe around political correctness and pretty faces to meet up to "the world view" that they have no interests in being in.  

TL;DR Joy & Austin are DGAF about their brand & don't need to where as all the other married Duggerlings, at this point need to for their future financial success.

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Austin & Joy seem to me to be very  pragmatic, in that, at least he realizes, that being on TV and showing your freak show family is only going to go so far. There is only room for so many of these types and at some point there will be so many Duggar's married they will all start too melt into one. They know their lifestyle isn't compatible with the general public and don't care, that is the point of their life. Austin & Joy seem to be doing the bare minimum for family appearances, for the little bit of cash they get, they are both too busy physically working to support their family,  to work on their "image" or their "brand". Austin's father probably has him looking at the long road, telling him make your money now (like JB &M did) while you are young & don't have a huge family, be smart, keep your eye on a goal and focus on that, not trying to delicately tip toe around political correctness and pretty faces to meet up to "the world view" that they have no interests in being in.  

TL;DR Joy & Austin are DGAF about their brand & don't need to where as all the other married Duggerlings, at this point need to for their future financial success.

Also, I see J/Aus as more low maintenance kind of people. Much more aligned with Jill than with Jinger and Jeremy. I see Jinger and jeremy as rather high maintenance in terms of material items and image. 

I just watched todays episode on TLCgo and wow was that a boring proposal.

It could be Laurens personality or how they have only known each other for such a short period of time but her reaction was underwhelming. 

Also JinJer watching their friends kids was painful, Jinger is clearly exhausted and mentions how tired she has been during pregnancy. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Also, I see J/Aus as more low maintenance kind of people. Much more aligned with Jill than with Jinger and Jeremy. I see Jinger and jeremy as rather high maintenance in terms of material items and image. 

But Jill & OfJill are kind of high maintenance as well, just in badly wrapped up ignorance, bad food, bad style, 1/2 assedness & bad IG posts.

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

But Jill & OfJill are kind of high maintenance as well, just in badly wrapped up ignorance, bad food, bad style, 1/2 assedness & bad IG posts.

Derick is high maintenance. Jill is needy.

1 hour ago, BunnyBee said:

I just watched todays episode on TLCgo and wow was that a boring proposal.

It could be Laurens personality or how they have only known each other for such a short period of time but her reaction was underwhelming. 

Also JinJer watching their friends kids was painful, Jinger is clearly exhausted and mentions how tired she has been during pregnancy. 

How did Lauren react exactly? Did she seem happy?

Episode 6

“Josiah pops the question”

Laredo

JinJer arrive at the airport to pick up Jeremy’s former teammate, Luis, cara, and their 3 kids.  We’re treated to flashbacks of Jeremy playing soccer and Jinger going to NJ to visit them.

Luis and Cara say that Jeremy was their “adopted child” in NJ.

Jeremy- I was the single guy, we had a good relationship.

Jinger tells cara that she is 11 ½ weeks.

Jeremy – Its crazy, we’re grownups and we have a kid on the way.

They load into a minivan (rental) and they druve their SUV.  Jeremy and Luis drive themselves and the wimmens are in the other car.

Jinger – a lot of our relationships in Laredo are about Jeremy being the pastor, but its nice having a relationship from the past.

They go into the “kids room”.  They don’t need to babyproof much. (no sign of rufus).

They play on a swing set in the backyard. Jeremy plays with the kids.

One kid almost plows the other over, Jeremy dives for the save.  Cara notes that he was a goalkeeper.

Swanson Home

They are going back to Georgia so her mom can have baby #9.  They haven’t had a chance to get a dr in Arkansas so they’re going back to Georgia.  It’s a boy so it will be “duke”.  D for boys, L for girls.

Josiah reminds us that they’ve been courting and its going very well.  He learns something new about her every day.  Lauren says they’ve become best friends.  She loves learning about Josiah.

Insert Fundie Stare.

starebaby.thumb.jpg.ea9cb4f01f0796ace2aacd14adb8b6d0.jpg

Laurens parents think he’s thoughtful and kind.

He helps them pack up the bus.

I think they’re wearing matching shirts…

shirts.thumb.jpg.65bf5ce01558909cb596d22c11d17833.jpg

The producer asks “how do you compliment eachother”

Josiah – I say, “you look good, she says you looks good.”  They laugh

Back to loading the bus… and it’s a BUS

bus.thumb.jpg.a01e51a256d0d9bd70aff2e62c9fe8e4.jpg

Josiah says that he can “liven” her up by making her laugh, she can be very serious.

Josiah hopes to “catch up” with them once they have the baby.

They say a tearful goodbye in the driveway (she really cries)

Josiah – its hard to say goodbye but there is a little secret. When I see her next in GA I’m going to propose.  Her parents know but she doesn’t.

COMMERCIAL

JinJers house

They are playing a card game.  Starbucks cups abound.  One is apparently a latte.  Jinger looks less than amused as Jeremy allows a little on the table

latte.thumb.jpg.7957ef9a8bfbd10ab47b4917657604f4.jpg

She suggests they watch the kids.  Jeremy jokes that he’s qualified because he “used to be a kid” and “she has 36 siblings.”

Jeremy now realizes that she needs a babysitter if they go out on a date.  He’s never changed a diaper.  He’s ok not changing other kids’ diapers, he’ll have enough practice.  Jinger thinks she’s changed thousands of diapers, she can handle it.

J’kid talking head about how many they’ve changed.  Jessa thinks her parents changed the bulk (bs).

Ben thinks that Jeremy has to help out by changing diapers and “prep for those smells, bro.”

Jeremy asks if they should call them or 911 first.

Jinger – Back when I was considering Jeremy as a spouse I watched his interatctions with kids and he’s a big kid.  I appreciate that.

Cara and Luis are out for “dinner” and talk about how Jeremy is probably “wiped out” by now (its still daylight).

Now its majically dark and they order pizza. Jinger eats salad.  Jeremy proudly eats an entire slice in one bite.

pizzabite.thumb.jpg.6c3a1f0a48e18ebac2ed1d9aeed7d52e.jpg

Jinger has to look away.

The kids work on the pizza and JinJer discuss “this will be us.”  Jeremy asks how michelle did it. 

Jinger – this makes you appreciate your parents even more.

The kids run wild in the house.  Yet again, TLC fucks up their storyline. The “anniversary piano” is in the place we saw it last week

pianoinplace.thumb.jpg.083c50a926226918033c405a46c0ef6b.jpg

BUT WAIT, look whats in the kids room and not by the curb where we last saw it!

keyboard.thumb.jpg.081068f8c144f8d4da028df1f5bdecae.jpg

Jessa – having 2 kids makes me respect my parents more.  I cant imagine raising 19 kids.

Jinger, I’m tired and I take naps.  Having kids around helps.

Its definitely not twins.

Cara and Luis enjoy “dinner” and discuss how they hope they melt down.

The kids bang on the keyboard.  Jinger says she wants caffeine.

They check olivia’s diaper.  She doesn’t stink but Jinger is going to check.

Luis and Cara had “two hours of uninterrupted conversation.”

They come back and the kids are excited to see them.

Jeremy discusses how they are tired.  Luis and Cara head home the next day. For some reason the kids have jackets on…

COMMERCIAL

Weird music plays as we pan through an empty TTH.  Josiah packs eleventy pairs of jeans into a carryon and a picture of him and lauren.  He’s going to Georgia because Lauren’s mom had a boy and he’s going to propose.

No one really packs like this.  Right?  First, that’s not going to close and second, TAKE IT OFF THE HANGERS!

hangers.thumb.jpg.d3e16d89cb506a186ac2d104f2ae3eba.jpg

He shows off the ring

ring.thumb.jpg.1eaa41c6302796c5bf6c83e11a5efb02.jpg

It took time and money, but she’s worth it.

They’ve only been courting for a few months but they’ve been friends over the years. She’s the one. Off he goes to Milledgeville, GA.

Baby Duke is introduced.

Lauren tells us that Duke’s birth went very well, she was only in labor 4-5 hours.  She knows that Josiah is coming.  She cant wait to reunite with him.  She gets excited when the knock on the door comes.  They side hug.

The knick Knacks and murals in this house are summin else!

muralhug.thumb.jpg.02ee20b01a4142b7100ce04d053fd99a.jpg

I think that’s more like a sniff than a proper side hug…

1190853943_knickknacks.thumb.jpg.59f39ec8a3910933800e0b01f7569250.jpg

Josiah is given the baby.  I will try not to comment that he didn’t wash his hands first.

Grandma has a huge stained glass Mickey Mouse…

Josiah is going to propose the next day.  They look at pictures of her when she was 12.  She doesn’t remember him then.

Josiah tells us that she has no idea (um, totally normal to fly to another state for no reason… I’m sure she has no idea).

COMMERCIAL

Jessa and Joy are going for a walk.  They complain its cold, but Joy is wearing a short skirt and sandals.  They head inside a municipal looking building that has a walking track. Spurge runs around, henry is in the stroller.

Joy discusses that she thinks she’s had contractions but she doesn’t know.  Jessa didn’t feel those, and she asks for the birth plan.  Joy wants a homebirth, she thinks that’s more relaxing and the backup plan is the closest hospital.

Austin tells us that she passed her risk assessments.

Joy – I’ve never been to a whole birth.

Jessa – that’s good but it makes expectations.  I had a 2 day labor and had seen easy births. I thought I could watch a movie.

TH – I was not prepared for what was coming (flashback). I was dying, it was terrible.

Jessa tells Joy it was terrible, nothing helped.  The birth pool was agony, everything was agony.

TH – I hate to tell people it can be this bad but at the same time you don’t want them to have an unrealistic expectation.  You need to know this can be really intense and miserable, the worst thing you ever experienced in your whole life.

Jessa – youll have a good support team and praying.

Joy – As we get closer I just try and prepare.

They leave…

Back the Georgia.

The menfolk load into a golf cart and drive past a zoo of lawn animals (WTAF). They discuss if lauren has any idea. They don’t think she knows.  They’re going to a field that she grew up riding horses, its where her parents got engaged. There are hay bales staged out on the “exact spot” where her parents were engaged.

Jana TH – He has a master plan and it will be hopefully  perfect. 

We see a shot of the “master plan”

masterplan.thumb.jpg.66b3199ceaf2f5aaf102c48d2eafce4a.jpg

Jessa – He had it pulled up on the map showing me the pasture, he had it down to a T.

They tie flowers to the hay.  Her dad reminds us that she is the oldest daughter and first to give away.  They scatter flower pedals.

pedals.thumb.jpg.6f226315a0a992e2cb755d89746c66ae.jpg

Her dad is going to suggest that they take a walk to get her out there.  He’s nervous that everything may not get done perfect.

COMMERCIAL

Back to the house, its lunch time. They chow down on Chik Fil A. Anna, Lauren’s cousin is there and Lauren is 7 weeks older.  Josiah nukes a salad with ranch dressing. Dad suggests they go for a walk.  He pretty much kicks them out.

Flashbacks to other Duggar men proposals.

The 3 of them go for a walk as we hear advice from other Duggar husbands and see flashbacks to proposals.  Her dad tells him that they’ve been in that area for more than 100 years.  They walk past a lake and her dad says that there was a “spark taking place” as they prepared for Joe and Kendra’s wedding.

They come to the field and dad asks Lauren what her favorite things about Josiah are.  They keep walking. She says that hes not shy and makes everyone feel welcome and special.  They come around the corner and dad drops off.  She asks “what is this?”

He gets down on one knee and says “I’m greatful for you.”  She says “siah” and brings her hand up.

Theyre greatful for eachother.  God blah blah story. She’ll marry him.  They hug and she puts her head on his chest.

Her dad comes and congratulates them. It was special that her parents got engaged on the same spot.  Dad comments that they’re holding hands.

Josiah – now that we’re engaged we can hold hands and say “I love you.”

They’re going to save a lot for marriage because they have siblings that look up to us.  The while family is outside waiting for them. They all coo at the “huge” ring.

The family is very happy and they will be very happy together.  The littles don’t know what it means to be engaged.  Josiah explains that they now have an extra brother.

Lauren is excited to spend the rest of her life together.

Next time

The 3 prego sisters chill with Jessa and discuss whatever

Henry’s first birthday parts AKA madhouse

Joy in labor

@Buzzard They're messing with the timeline on Duke's birth, Gideon's birth and Siren's engagement. We know Gideon was born February 23. Duke's was born two days apart from Gideon, either the 21st or the 25th. The engagement was announced March 5th. 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived