IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

20 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It is more of a UK thing.  I'm guessing it's what we would call either a tax or a processing fee.  

Stamp Duties?  I believe we had a big revolt about that on this side of the pond.  Tea chests were dumped in harbors, etc. etc. : )

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Stamp Duties?  I believe we had a big revolt about that on this side of the pond.  Tea chests were dumped in harbors, etc. etc. : )

Holy duh! And I was a history major, lol. Senility blinded me to this I suppose!

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if Steve calls Teletubbies “Belly Beasts.”

I’m marveling at how clever this is and am jealous I didn’t come up with it first. 

1 hour ago, nomoxian said:

I could see her saying something like that after being told by Stevehova that it is okay because he is technically not in a "relationship" since he is not engaged/courting/etc. but just "seeing if God* says a particular partnership would be good"

* - Steve, obviously.

But that would be acknowledging a stage before courting - are the Maxwells even allowed to do that? 

Love your avatar, by the way!

@Myfanwy, I think our USAdian equivalent of stamp fees is something called “points and closing costs.” They’re a flat amount you pay when buying a house (at least in my state, Connecticut). I can’t recall exactly how the fees are broken down, as I had my house built back in 1985-6.

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Holy duh! And I was a history major, lol. Senility blinded me to this I suppose!

We can blame lots of stuff on age!  My late grandmother was a history teacher, and woe betide her grands if we got anything less than an A.  I think I've forgotten quite a bit of it (American history, that is.  Don't know much about world history to start with)

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I don't think Jesse is engaged, mainly because they didn't announce John's house purchase - which clearly was bought with his relationship with Chelsy in mind - until his engagement had been revealed by the Bontragers. If Jesse was in a relationship, they wouldn't have announced the purchase now, with the aim of not announcing it until marriage (which would have also been kept secret).

Agree

Also, Sarah mentioned in a comment that renters are coming in next month, so apparently he really does intend to rent it out, at least for now.

Not a bad financial move imo.

6 hours ago, Hane said:

@Myfanwy, I think our USAdian equivalent of stamp fees is something called “points and closing costs.” They’re a flat amount you pay when buying a house (at least in my state, Connecticut). I can’t recall exactly how the fees are broken down, as I had my house built back in 1985-6.

Could be.  Stamp duty is state based here too. It is based on price and location and possibly whether or not the house is a new build. . I don't have much of a clue, I think our's was waived because of the first home buyers scheme. I like all the different terms for things.

While I am here, I would love someone to explain in simple easy for a Aussie to understand language what the hell escrow is. 

Escrow is an account a third party opens for you. You give them your money, and then when the people you’re paying meet their end of the bargain, the escrow people give them the money. 

For example, if you decide to withhold rent until your landlord does necessary repairs, you put the rent money in escrow and once the repairs are done the escrow will pay your landlord the rent they’re owed. This shows that you’re not a deadbeat or trying to get out of paying; the money is there and they’ll get it when they do what they’re supposed to. 

7 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Escrow is an account a third party opens for you. You give them your money, and then when the people you’re paying meet their end of the bargain, the escrow people give them the money. 

For example, if you decide to withhold rent until your landlord does necessary repairs, you put the rent money in escrow and once the repairs are done the escrow will pay your landlord the rent they’re owed. This shows that you’re not a deadbeat or trying to get out of paying; the money is there and they’ll get it when they do what they’re supposed to. 

Well there you go. You live you learn.  Thank you.

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if Steve calls Teletubbies “Belly Beasts.”

This is gorgeous!! I laughed so hard.

I'm with all the previous posters that don't think that Jesse isn't engaged yet. Maybe it is just me, but he seems so damn boring. Even by MaxHell standards. 

3 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I'm with all the previous posters that don't think that Jesse isn't engaged yet. Maybe it is just me, but he seems so damn boring. Even by MaxHell standards. 

But remember that he has a heart for the unborn.

12 minutes ago, Hane said:

But remember that he has a heart for the unborn.

:D:D

How could I ever forget that. Maybe I should make myself a tinder profile that says: "Looking for a man with a heart for the unborn." And voila my single years would come to an end.

12 minutes ago, ophelia said:

:D:D

How could I ever forget that. Maybe I should make myself a tinder profile that says: "Looking for a man with a heart for the unborn." And voila my single years would come to an end.

Not only your single years, but your sane years as well.

It would be better if you didn't like Pepsi or intelligent conversation, too.  We don't call it Maxhell for nothing.

Nope, neither. I’d be too angry at Steve for what he’s done to his family. Asshole.

It’s come around again.... more phallic  balloons and face painting at the Leavenworth County Fair. Sadly Lolly the fucking clown with the extended skirt did not make it.

And once more, Anna and Mary worked for *almost five hours in a row* all week at the fair. If that’s a big deal, then one could believe that these ladies do not work full time on a regular basis. 

The last photo* was indeed rather phallic as @johnhugh mentioned, but it also screamed Red Weens In ME a la Bro Gary.  

*i’m reluctant to copy it because the kids in it are non-Maxwellian, and Steve/Sarah are never clear on whether they obtain parents’ permission to release such photos. 

The big red ween says “end of line.” Maybe they should put one of these at the altar for when Jesse gets married. It seems appropriate when marrying a Maxwell.

5D9A28FA-98CF-4EC9-BD68-078ACD2C34B1.jpeg

I work at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and no one is impressed by that because, like Anna and Mary, I am over the age of 18 and capable of doing so. And somehow I doubt they didn't take at least 1 5-minute break to use the bathroom.

I think Sarah is sincere in her response to stay home. She says she is "happy" and loves being with family. Someone like her would probably loose their mind being alone. The only time she is alone is in the bathroom. Yes she took a solo trip but technically she was not totally alone. I LOVE my family, but sometimes I need a break or change in scenery. And that doesn't mean walking down or across the street!

We'll have to write an obituary for dear departed Lolly.

Did she choke on a balloon animal?  Slip and fall on a religious tract?

Sad that we lost her in the prime of her clown life.

55 minutes ago, kpmom said:

We'll have to write an obituary for dear departed Lolly.

Did she choke on a balloon animal?  Slip and fall on a religious tract?

Sad that we lost her in the prime of her clown life.

Don't worry, she'll be back in 27 years. 

2 hours ago, johnhugh said:

RIP

BB82100D-2CAD-4636-B33D-5706DAA1038F.jpeg

This was one time when Anna did indeed need makeup.  What self-respecting clown goes barefaced?

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived