IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

It does feel odd for mid-thirties virgin oversheltered Sarah to auction off her pet's babies. When she herself will never get to hold her own child in her arms.

On the other hand... this is such a Maxwellian thing to do. They breed their womenfolk despite the risks. Post-partum depression (hello Teri!). Risky pregnancies with preemies repeated over and over. One kid a year that won't stop when it gets to the double digits and deliveries veer into dangerous territory. All for the greater glory of king patriarch Steve. 

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so against dog and cat breeding. There are so many animals needing adoption (including in kill shelters), there simply isn't any need for more of them. Ugh.

24 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I am so against dog and cat breeding. There are so many animals needing adoption (including in kill shelters), there simply isn't any need for more of them. Ugh.

I’m not a huge fan of breeding either, but I will say that the people who are breeding like Sarah, aren’t causing the major issues with overpopulation of dogs. If all breeders were breeding like Sarah, we wouldn’t be seeing the overpopulation we see today. Of course Sarah may be adding to the problem, but the people buying from her likely wouldn’t be buying from a puppy mill if they hadn’t bought Sarah’s pup. The biggest problems are the irresponsible pet owners who do not bother to get their dog fixed and it turns up pregnant because it got loose one day. And the puppy mills are the other huge problem. I totally understand having a complete aversion to all dog breeding because of all the dogs put down every day in the US. But I can’t blame Sarah if she’s breeding responsibly. It’s like a drop in the bucket. 

But cats are a whole other story. Cat breeding is much rarer than dog breeding. The over population has one main problem. People aren’t fixing their cats! If people always fixed their cat when they adopt it, then the over population would go way way down. 

18 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Breeding her may also have been a requirement in order for her to get a pet. It's something that makes money rather than purely to bring joy. More acceptable on the Fathership. 

Well also, Ellie is female. Breeding is her only purpose, don't cha know. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If people always fixed their cat when they adopt it

When DD adopted my beloved grandkitty, shelter policy required that she be spayed before being taken home. I would hope that this is policy everywhere. Grandkitty is strictly an indoor cat (she is afraid of the outside), so she likely would have never wound up pregnant anyway, but it's just good policy anyway. Any shelter worth anything would require spaying.

Still against dog breeding too, whether or not this specific incident adds much to the overall problem or not.

40 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Still against dog breeding too, whether or not this specific incident adds much to the overall problem or not.

So if all dog breeding stopped completely tomorrow, how would people have dogs for pets in the future? 

Also not all cats are adopted from a shelter. A large percentage of cats are just acquired through other people or turning up on their doorstep one day. 

I don’t believe in getting rid of all dog breeding just because there are a lot of bad breeders. Good breeders need to be the standard the others are compared to. Getting rid of all breeding seems like you are just throwing out the baby with the bath water. 

I'm a lover of large purebred dogs and it really irritates me when breeders take oversized dogs and breed them. She proudly claims that Ellie's father was 100lbs and the father of the puppies is 85lbs. These dogs are over breed standards and should not be bred. This is one of the reasons that large purebred dogs have problems with their legs and joints.

Also, she "feels" that people will take care of the dog because they are looking for a high quality dog and won't require an applications? That's ridiculous! She also doesn't say that she will take back any puppies or dogs that do not work out with the families like a good quality breeder will. 

She is simply a backyard breeder. Her website raises all kinds of red flags for me.

15 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I wonder if she knows the risks in breeding a dog - I hope they have a good vet.

That Is F@ckin IT!!! I cannot go to Leavenworth ever again because I will knock on their door, betch slap whoever answers (unless it's Mel or a little) grab Ellie and take her away to the kind gentle vet for a spay and then bring her home to lead my pack (I have 2).

Those bastards! Ellie was a money-making scheme all along. 

Don't your daughters see it yet, Steve? They’re profit centers for you, just like this dog!  “Go serve at the fair for free and watch the support roll in from our fans and customers! Increased sales! Knowing you’re going to heaven! Revenue is up, just like Heaven! Hey, hey!!!!”

Don't know why I’m surprised. 

Do know I have NO patience for ANY of them. Except Mel. And Nate. And the innocent grands.

i am guessing the “gueks’l trips have to do with increasing fathership revenue, some way some how. Those mochaccinos do t pay for themselves. 

....bless Ellie with an uncomplicated delivery and then a spay!!!.....

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived