IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Oh I'm sure the reversals are still close to their parents, ie the people who actually brought them up - Nathan, Chris and Sarah. We don't see them as much on the blog because the blog is about the main Fathership only, not the satellite fatherships.

I should not have laughed at this but after the disaster of the J-Rod Funeral Catastrophe, I needed a clean, normal fundie comment!

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Naah, I can’t hate on Prisstopher for that. For lotsa other things, yeah, but not that. 

Kids will drink themselves to too-full just to enjoy the experience of different straws, etc., and when those little bladders get to full, there’s not a lot of leeway. And they do drink some, according to Priss.  And he’d never lie, would he?

They're getting a decent amount of water in their snacks. And Priss says they take all the kids to the bathroom when it’s available. Which doesn’t always mean the sphincters cooperate, but what the heck. 

I would never have tried to fly with all mine at those ages. And all the way to Sea-Tac from MCI? Our first family flight was like a 2-hour’er.

I grudgingly admit to admiring the way Ofpriss and Priss have figured it all out.  I do, however, wonder if Teh Fathers chip in on the bill for 7 tickets. Unless Priss has a job working for another man (oh. the. horror.), that might be a challenge to pay in cash. 

I have been flying to New Zealand at least once a year with one then two kids for a decade.  I know that I am only dragging along two kids instead of 11 or how every many NR-Anna has birthed while picking cotton in fields with one toddler strapped to her back and another suckling in the front, but it IS a minimum of 26 hours and sometimes up to 36 with layovers and plane changes and such. Kids popped on a plane regularly at one or two will be fine by the time they are three or four. My seven year old bitches about any flight less than four hours. She needs at least that much to get settled into her groove!

15 hours ago, kpmom said:

I admit I didn't pick up on that part of the post, but a few other lines had me thinking about who Esther might really be. :my_smile:

@johnhugh I found the spelling "modelling" very unAmerican :P

@nelliebelle1197 hey we had relatives there and that used to be our family vacations too :)  My mom somehow managed my sibling and I on multiple occasions- back before ipads, when there was one movie on a screen!  I have two of my own and they travel pretty well, but I’m glad for extra entertainment. (It helps they rarely use electronic devices regularly).

I haven’t been in many many years.  My mom is older and would like to go back.  It’s a place you can’t just go to for a week, so it’s a time commitment. 

3 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

@nelliebelle1197 hey we had relatives there and that used to be our family vacations too :)  My mom somehow managed my sibling and I on multiple occasions- back before ipads, when there was one movie on a screen!  I have two of my own and they travel pretty well, but I’m glad for extra entertainment. (It helps they rarely use electronic devices regularly).

I haven’t been in many many years.  My mom is older and would like to go back.  It’s a place you can’t just go to for a week, so it’s a time commitment. 

My husband is from Lower Hutt, outside Wellington. He has four siblings there (well, one in Auckland), one in AUS and another in Wales; his dad's siblings and family are in Galway. I am planning my escape from Trumpistan if it does not end soon and am lucky to have a ton of choices.

You can really just do 2.5 weeks if you must. We have to sometimes if we having weddings and such! But that is definitely direct as possible with no layovers

My grandparents are still there, they’re just... passed.  Waikanae :)

And other family in Aus.  

I do have some awesome memories.  Rotarua, swimming with dolphins in Napier, getting shells on the rocky beach, even went to school there for 6 weeks on holiday and got to learn so much more than I did in the US, actually.  I went back to school and was ahead of my peers. 

In the last photo in the Flying with Young Children post, are Danny and Joshua wearing identical outfits to Chris? It's like Fundie Royal Tenenbaums. 

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

In the last photo in the Flying with Young Children post, are Danny and Joshua wearing identical outfits to Chris?

Oh yes, they are. That ubiquitous fundie male outfit of beige khakis and a colourful polo shirt, just like the good ol' Duggars used to have. They must be quite a sight at the airport, Chris and men children in khakis, and NR Anna and girls in floor length frumpers. Though I have to admit it sounds like Chris and NR Anna are both in this together, each doing their duties and helping each other. I hate to say it but Chris has kind of grown on me during the last year or so. He still is the stick-in-the-ass fundamentalist with strict gender roles even for toddlers, but he at least seems to contribute to family life and I don't doubt he has changed a diaper or two.

Christopher's article makes it sound like they fly to Washington regularly (probably once a year or so), and that makes me happy for NR Anna.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:45 AM, Foudeb said:

Oh I'm sure the reversals are still close to their parents, ie the people who actually brought them up - Nathan, Chris and Sarah. We don't see them as much on the blog because the blog is about the main Fathership only, not the satellite fatherships.

Wasn't there something on the blog once about how Nathan makes the reversals call him sir? He trained them to do it with M&Ms when they were small.

21 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Naah, I can’t hate on Prisstopher for that. For lotsa other things, yeah, but not that. 

Kids will drink themselves to too-full just to enjoy the experience of different straws, etc., and when those little bladders get to full, there’s not a lot of leeway. And they do drink some, according to Priss.  And he’d never lie, would he?

They're getting a decent amount of water in their snacks. And Priss says they take all the kids to the bathroom when it’s available. Which doesn’t always mean the sphincters cooperate, but what the heck. 

I would never have tried to fly with all mine at those ages. And all the way to Sea-Tac from MCI? Our first family flight was like a 2-hour’er.

I grudgingly admit to admiring the way Ofpriss and Priss have figured it all out.  I do, however, wonder if Teh Fathers chip in on the bill for 7 tickets. Unless Priss has a job working for another man (oh. the. horror.), that might be a challenge to pay in cash. 

I flew from Detroit to Las Vegas with twin four-year-olds by myself. I couldn't see any way for me to wrangle two four-year-olds in an airplane bathroom on my own, so I put my kids in Pull-ups (even though they were potty trained by that point), limited the water, and hunkered down for four hours. Never had to get up once, both kids fell asleep, and I was able to make a good dent in my book.

I hope Lolly the Clown knew where she was going when she died.

I think Chels should have been recruited to wear the costume!

6 minutes ago, bertnee said:

The 'flying with young children' post did not need to be a two-parter. Nice try!

True, but at least Christopher followed up as he promised he would.

Unlike his parents and sister who consistently promise a part two to some of their posts but just leave us hangin'.:annoyed:

3 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Wasn't there something on the blog once about how Nathan makes the reversals call him sir? He trained them to do it with M&Ms when they were small.

I wonder if they still call him sir even the married reversals.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I think Chels should have been recruited to wear the costume!

maybe Chelsy had the good sense to politely decline.

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Oh yes, they are. That ubiquitous fundie male outfit of beige khakis and a colourful polo shirt, just like the good ol' Duggars used to have. They must be quite a sight at the airport, Chris and men children in khakis, and NR Anna and girls in floor length frumpers. Though I have to admit it sounds like Chris and NR Anna are both in this together, each doing their duties and helping each other. I hate to say it but Chris has kind of grown on me during the last year or so. He still is the stick-in-the-ass fundamentalist with strict gender roles even for toddlers, but he at least seems to contribute to family life and I don't doubt he has changed a diaper or two.

Christopher's article makes it sound like they fly to Washington regularly (probably once a year or so), and that makes me happy for NR Anna.

I actually think that if he did not dress like a dork and had a little more confidence, Prisstopher could be nice looking.

14 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

My grandparents are still there, they’re just... passed.  Waikanae :)

And other family in Aus.  

I do have some awesome memories.  Rotarua, swimming with dolphins in Napier, getting shells on the rocky beach, even went to school there for 6 weeks on holiday and got to learn so much more than I did in the US, actually.  I went back to school and was ahead of my peers. 

I keep trying to get my son to spend a school term with Grandma but he does not want to get dragged to mass four days a week!

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I love you.

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Oh yes, they are. That ubiquitous fundie male outfit of beige khakis and a colourful polo shirt, just like the good ol' Duggars used to have. T

Gothard used dressing alike at family unity. And, dressing alike helps keep an eye on a  group. Michelle Duggar did the family uniform on school days back in the days of one washer and one drier. I may not like it, but that WAS pretty sensible given the laundry equipment. But Yes, the boys all look like a convention of engineers.

Sarah gives a half comment and follows up with "more on this later" for everything. And it is never followed up. There does not seem to be any intention. But why give half statements or half thoughts on the photos anyway? And this is from a writer? 

20 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Gothard used dressing alike at family unity. And, dressing alike helps keep an eye on a  group. Michelle Duggar did the family uniform on school days back in the days of one washer and one drier. I may not like it, but that WAS pretty sensible given the laundry equipment. But Yes, the boys all look like a convention of engineers.

“A convention of engineers!” Ha!  I think that should be the proper appellation for when 2 or 3 engineers are gathered together. A gaggle of geese, a murder of crows, a convention of engineers.

*bowing low* in @IReallyAmHopewell‘s general direction!

8 minutes ago, freethekahlo said:

Sarah gives a half comment and follows up with "more on this later" for everything. And it is never followed up. There does not seem to be any intention. But why give half statements or half thoughts on the photos anyway? And this is from a writer? 

Isn’t it a lie, as well? From a Max-Christian, no less??!

18 minutes ago, freethekahlo said:

She has to, so she can have a series of posts. She’ll probably draw the Fair out for way too long, because it’s the only mildy interesting thing they have done since Hot John got hitched.  she is trying to keep readers coming back, And wow having the posts about an event in multiple installments could achieve that, she still needs to put more effort into her writing.  of course this is the classic cycle, she is so limited in what she can experience but then she’s also quite limited in how she writes, so it’s pretty impossible to tell where one deficit begins and the other ends. I live near Evil Seattle so I could just walk a few times through affair and be able to make a huge blog post just based on the people, signs, and activities I came across. But I do love fairs in general, and I think that she would be able write something of interest,  I feel like they didn’t really walk around the fair much they just stuck around their booth, that would be too much fun.

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

True, but at least Christopher followed up as he promised he would.

Unlike his parents and sister who consistently promise a part two to some of their posts but just leave us hangin'.:annoyed:

I'm still waiting for Joseph's part two of "For nay-sayers". Part one was about why he did not live in his beige house after the Munck fiasco but at home with immediate family.

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Have you forgotten about his annual pizza dinner with his children? No doubt he loves his kids and spends time with them, but there are rigid gender roles in that family and he defines his life by them. He helps AM at the airport because it is actually physically impossible for her to do it on her own with that many small children. And they are co-parents and a team. But he is not actually cooking meals and changing diapers and home schooling and running the vacuum. That's all AM domain.

I seriously doubt Prissy Chris has ever changed a diaper in his life especially a girl's diaper cuz he might be defrauded.

10 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Is there a link to this? I thought I read all the insanity and this is just...I really have no words. If my younger brothers called me ma'am I would be extremely uncomfortable. 

Christopher and Anna Marie Maxwell's family seems to be one of the few fundie families left in the blogosphere that still adheres to the matching-polos-and-frumpers uniform. Everyone else has gone modest modern.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived