IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I hope Lolly the Clown knew where she was going when she died.

You must be an optimist.  I imagine Lolly TF Clown lurking undead, in a remote corner of Maxhell, praying for Steve to let her loose again.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Wasn't there something on the blog once about how Nathan makes the reversals call him sir? He trained them to do it with M&Ms when they were small.

That's nuts!!  Did he do it as a joke or something. Or that was what he expected then to call him. 

From today's "random life" post, it looks like Anna and Mary sleep in a bunk bed. With their names in letters over the very narrow bunks. 

It looks like it should be the sleeping arrangements for Christina and Bethany (6 and almost 8), or Ruthie and Lydia (4 and 3), not two women in their early to mid twenties. 

15 hours ago, NeckPunch said:

Have you forgotten about his annual pizza dinner with his children? No doubt he loves his kids and spends time with them, but there are rigid gender roles in that family and he defines his life by them.

No, I haven't forgotten that. I know there are rigid gender roles in that family, and that's why I said Chris still is the stick-in-the-ass fundamentalist with strict gender roles even for toddlers, complete with full length leggings under those frumpers for his little girls.

Of course I'm just speculating, especially since Chris seems to be the most fundie of all the married Maxwell offspring, but I have a feeling he helps around the house at least a little bit. Probably out of necessity, because there's no way NR Anna simply can manage it all, but even that's more than some other fundie men we follow (like Duggar men). Of course he's not perfect, far from it, but I think he's not the worst, either.

I remember reading in one of the books (MOTH?) about Teri teaching yes sir/ma'am with M & Ms....but nothing about Nathan.  I really don't think Steve would allow that.

10 hours ago, Dandruff said:

You must be an optimist.  I imagine Lolly TF Clown lurking undead, in a remote corner of Maxhell, praying for Steve to let her loose again.

All Hallows Eve with the Moodys: the Mystery of the Undead Clown in Uncle Jesse's Beige Attic.

I hope that Kyle was in the middle of taking a massive shit on Steve. 

Arnold sat in a box. CRAZY!! Get out of here with that craziness!

The aunties have a Live Love Texas shopping bag with them in the playing in the stream photo. Could Texas have been their super secret ministry destination?

ETA- Yeah, I'm betting they went on a Texas Baptists short term ministry trip or the like.

14 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Arnold sat in a box. CRAZY!! Get out of here with that craziness!

A cat sitting in a box??? Why, I never.

PS Heeeey single ladies--Jesse can eat an ear of corn in five bites. 

I honestly can’t get over the childishness of the bunk bed area. I’ve never seen a SAHD in their 20s with such a juvenile bedroom. It just shows how completely immature and sheltered they are. 

How do you define juvenile? I have a pink and white with roses bedroom set I thought was beautiful and also have a room filled with Cute stuffed Alpacas plus some Hello Kitty stuff. It’s all Pink and White happy room :) I am neither immature or sheltered . Other than the bunk beds themselves it dosen’t seem that bad to me from what we can see. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

How do you define juvenile? I have a pink and white with roses bedroom set I thought was beautiful and also have a room filled with Cute stuffed Alpacas plus some Hello Kitty stuff. It’s all Pink and White happy room :) I am neither immature or sheltered . Other than the bunk beds themselves it dosen’t seem that bad to me from what we can see. 

It’s everything together (names, stuffed animals, bunk beds) along with what we know about these particular SAHDs. I’ve seen other SAHD bedrooms before and they didn’t look this juvenile. 

A1EC2764-CD34-4083-9A69-964BFF38DCC2.jpeg

It's the wall decals of their names that make it look especially childish. I'm hoping they put those up when they were under the age of 16 and just haven't bothered to take them down. Otherwise I actually like the bunk bed setup... if you have to share a room with your sister in your 20s, at least bunk beds provide a little more privacy in a way.

I used to have my name written out on my bedroom door in big letters like that. They were a lovely hand-made gift from some relatives. I took them down when I turned 15 though as they really looked childish. Cute and all, but childish.  

These women are nuns in the cult of Steve.  They have to be chaste, poor (the cult will look after them and all, but owning anything more than the modest clothes they wear and a small coffee and presents-for-other-peoples-kids allowance is a no-no) And above all obedient to Steve. Life is spent in communal areas and they share their nun's cell with other nuns.  Joy is allowed for Steve-approved activities (babysitting, the occasional trip to see nuns from similar cults, homemaking) but nothing can be given more importance than the cult of Steve itself. Time is regimented and punctuated by compulsory prayer sessions. Most of the discipline and daily organisation is delegated to the mother superior, who enjoys some modest extra privileges, but there are regular 1:1 confessional sessions with Steve himself so he can monitor adherence to the cult, brainwashing levels, potential sins (in thoughts or deed) and of course dole out penances. 

And the thing is, nuns can be very happy! It can be a good and fulfilling life! But they are allowed to pick their order. Not everyone is meant for the same activities. And they can always opt out of the lifestyle. The point of a noviciate before taking the orders is like an engagement before marriage, you want to make sure it's the right decision before you sign up for life. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly can’t get over the childishness of the bunk bed area. I’ve never seen a SAHD in their 20s with such a juvenile bedroom. It just shows how completely immature and sheltered they are. 

It's yet another reason I cannot see them ever getting married. They are just too childish for it. 

I mean, most of the young fundies we observe are very immature, but they at least they do so in a "these are obviously teenagers in their first relationship" sort of way. 

Anna and Mary are just child-like - as in they never got past the age of 10. It's sad, really. 

On 7/28/2018 at 7:50 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The balloon animals are good too. When you have nothing much to do most of the time, you can devote hours and hours to honing your balloon animal expertise.

It's not as if you have to waste time loading and unloading the dishwasher every day. Seriously, what is up with the disposable tableware at every meal? I get that they never attended  fraternity keggers, so the Red Plastic Solo Cups have an appealing mystique about them that more than makes up for their clogging the landfill.

And while I'm carping on this month's random post, who the hell grows their basil in the house (in a teeny pot, no less) in the summertime?

3 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

And while I'm carping on this month's random post, who the hell grows their basil in the house (in a teeny pot, no less) in the summertime? 

I do. I have a garden window by my sink and grow my herbs there. They're pretty, smell nice, and easy to grab when I cook.

3 minutes ago, Dru said:

I do. I have a garden window by my sink and grow my herbs there. They're pretty, smell nice, and easy to grab when I cook.

But do you have a giant, sunny backyard in a hot and humid climate? I grew all sorts of herbs on windowsills and balconies when I lived in an apartment. I do keep a pot of basil on a sunny window sill in the winter, but the flavor can't compare to what I'm picking right now from my garden.

i understand @Black Aliss's point; in addition to the Maxwells having the space and climate for outdoor herbs, they also have the time, what with six able-bodied adults in the house who can all have a share of outdoor gardening.  Steve and Jesse could do the manly-man stuff like tilling or building raised beds, while Teri and her army of SAHDs have plenty of time for cultivating and harvesting.  

i must confess, though:  a few weeks ago i bought an indoor basil-growing kit because it came in a pretty container.  so while i attempted to grow some basil i the house to augment my outdoor garden, it failed miserably when Charlie The Cat decided to eat the seedlings before they were a inch high.  Charlie is lucky he's cute.

i wonder if Arnold would be allowed to partake of the nip, or does Steve frown on feline intoxication?  

If Mary and Anna have such little space that they must have bunk beds, why the fuck don’t the girls switch with Jesse!? He has a big room all to himself! Yet again, nothing seems to make sense in Maxhell.

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Mary and Anna have such little space that they must have bunk beds, why the fuck don’t the girls switch with Jesse!? He has a big room all to himself! Yet again, nothing seems to make sense in Maxhell.

and Friday's post will be a defensive paragraph about how much Anna and Mary *love* having bunk beds.

17 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

But do you have a giant, sunny backyard in a hot and humid climate? I grew all sorts of herbs on windowsills and balconies when I lived in an apartment. I do keep a pot of basil on a sunny window sill in the winter, but the flavor can't compare to what I'm picking right now from my garden.

Giant? No, but plenty of room and sun to plant a good size garden if I were so inclined. I just prefer to do them indoors.

5 minutes ago, catlady said:

and Friday's post will be a defensive paragraph about how much Anna and Mary *love* having bunk beds.

I’m sure Anna just loves climbing out of the bed in the dark at 2am to pee. It’s the highlight of her night!

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived