IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

19 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I seriously doubt Prissy Chris has ever changed a diaper in his life especially a girl's diaper cuz he might be defrauded.

I'm sure you're right. Way back in the mom's board days Teri said that husbands and male siblings were not to change the girls' diapers. I can't remember her exact words but it definitely implied that the male could be led into temptation.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Sarah!

"A day road trip to see old-time friends of Anna Marie."

What? Are they Amish? Historic re-enactors?

"Followed by frozen custard"

Oh no!!! Gun it!! Gun the van, give the custard the slip!!!

"Jesse seriously ate all that corn in FIVE bites."

So, did Christopher eat his corn humorously?

"Mary painted so many faces (and special requests too!)"

So what else did she paint? A powder room? A mural? Hand-art?

UGH

2 minutes ago, Dru said:

I'm sure you're right. Way back in the mom's board days Teri said that husbands and male siblings were not to change the girls' diapers. I can't remember her exact words but it definitely implied that the male could be lead into temptation.

re the bolded:  Fuck you, Steve, for putting such a disgusting notion into Teri's head and encouraging her to share it.  and screw you, Teri, for writing it.

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If Mary and Anna have such little space that they must have bunk beds, why the fuck don’t the girls switch with Jesse!? He has a big room all to himself! Yet again, nothing seems to make sense in Maxhell.

The guest bedroom is huge, too. They could move in there. 

Makes me wonder where Sarah sleeps. 

I don’t care how the chidults decorate. I like their wall color, I like pink and flowers and if I could get away with wearing Laura Ashley again I totally would.

What bothers me is that they have plenty of room for each person in the home to have their own bedroom but they don’t allow that. Teens and young adults especially need a space of their own (if possible, in many cases it isn’t) to lie alone and be alone and think about things.....and look at things.....and read things.....and explore things. They need to figure out what and who they like, who they are, what makes them happy and what, you know, makes them *happy*. They need to plan and dream and make mistakes and question, question everything, so that they can build their sense of self on a solid foundation and understanding of themselves.

Instead, Steve has forced the, to build their understanding of themselves upon the base of.....him. There can be no deviation. They would be cut off from their family forever if they dared voice a dissenting opinion, and so they can’t, and don’t, because they have not been given chances to become strong enough to build their own social connections, community and chosen family. It’s like a weird, religious form of forced infantilism. In the disability community, we call it learned helplessness.

I call it just plain heartbreaking. Those girls could do so much good in the world, as they are obviously kind, intelligent enough, and caring. But instead of founding a nonprofit or working abroad or doing - anything - they are stuck. 

Eff you, Steve. Eff you. 

To me, it’s not that they share a space or even that they sleep in bunk beds (let’s face it, there are many places in the world where an entire family or two live in the space of one US bedroom and people manage to grow and develop and lead reasonably content lives)...it’s that they clearly do have room to spread out in that house but, for whatever reason (Steve and Teri?) don’t. And if that’s because they are not trusted on their own, that speaks to the failure of the entire fundie system. 

33 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Oh Sarah!

So what else did she paint? A powder room? A mural? Hand-art?

Like rock stars signing body parts, she painted Boobs. For Jesus.

It breaks my heart that Sarah has mentioned multiple times that she is lacking peace and quiet for what some might call writing. So why can't she have a room for that?

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

It breaks my heart that Sarah has mentioned multiple times that she is lacking peace and quiet for what some might call writing. So why can't she have a room for that?

I will say that no matter where she was in the house, the roof work would have bothered her. It’s this constant pounding all day long. I like to say getting a new roof put me into labor. Listening to the constant hammering for ten hours straight stressed me out so bad I started contracting. At least I had a nice new roof when I came home from the hospital!

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

And, at 30+ years old, can't she be "trusted" to go to a local writer's group for some USEFUL feedback? So she might have a chance to become at least on par with an elementary school author's workshop graduate?

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

it’s that they clearly do have room to spread out in that house but, for whatever reason (Steve and Teri?) don’t. And if that’s because they are not trusted on their own, that speaks to the failure of the entire fundie system. 

Gothard wants families constantly TOGETHER to prevent impure thoughts (among other reasons). "Kids" bedroom doors are closed briefly for changing clothes.  Bathroom time may truely be monitored. This is partly why the Bates [and probably many other such families now that it's cheap] have video surveillance in various rooms.  So they can keep track of everyone. And, such thoughts and discussing things like different ways to believe or sex or escape are why there's usually a little kid in a bedroom, too, so there's an informer. At least Sarah escapes that one unless a niece is staying overnight.

So, now Sarah is on a ministry trip to somewhere on the west coast?

I really think Steve is losing just a little bit of control over his cult.

I was looking at Sarah's latest post today and I started thinking about how Steve told his kids they couldn't have a pet when they were much younger.

They begged and pleaded and finally prayed about it before he allowed them to get Honey, a beautiful Golden Retriever.

Now they've got Ellie and Arnold, and the "extended families" have kittens (and chickens) too.

The sisters are going on mysterious ministry trips.

And of course we have photographic proof of John with his arm around Chelsy before marriage, and also a picture of John with the Bontragers in which he appears to wearing shorts.

Steve must be looking around himself and wondering how his adult children have managed to eke out a little, tiny bit of independence for themselves despite all his efforts to the contrary.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Painting Boobs for Jesus needs to a be a post count title.

I understand sharing a room to save space, and bunk beds aren't the issue for me - if the kidults had gone to college, they'd likely be sharing bunk beds with several people in a dorm room. That's a normal experience. I took my teddy to college and I had a security blanket but I stashed them under my comforter so my roommates couldn't see.

It's the childish name signs that get me. They are straight out of the early 2000s, so dated, and so immature. And very much man repellant, which is probably pleasing to Steve!

So, which sentence is the worst in Sarah's newest post? I would say it's:

A “non” aunties’ playtime Grandpa and Grandma did.

She also keeps doing the "A _______ going on here" in every post, here for a car race. Why not, "The girls are racing cars here" or "Here the nieces are racing cars". Have they ever heard of active vs passive voice?

Also, this quote was almost Sarah admitting to being miserable:

I guess sometimes life seems better if you can curl up and put the cares out.

Poor Sarah.

Also, the room thing doesn't make sense. Jesse is allowed to have his own room. I mean yeah, they wouldn't make him share with the girls, but they didn't (a) send him to live with a married sibling and share a room with toddler boys as I suggested years ago Steve might do, (b) make John hold off on marrying until he and Jesse could marry at the same time, (c) force Jesse into a quick marriage with someone he doesn't know at all so that he's not alone in that room.

They have the space. They are clearly okay with it when practical. So why not give Sarah one???

48 minutes ago, meee said:

Poor Sarah.

Also, the room thing doesn't make sense. Jesse is allowed to have his own room. I mean yeah, they wouldn't make him share with the girls, but they didn't (a) send him to live with a married sibling and share a room with toddler boys as I suggested years ago Steve might do, (b) make John hold off on marrying until he and Jesse could marry at the same time, (c) force Jesse into a quick marriage with someone he doesn't know at all so that he's not alone in that room.

They have the space. They are clearly okay with it when practical. So why not give Sarah one???

He's a guy. Next point? lol

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

So, which sentence is the worst in Sarah's newest post?

She also keeps doing the "A _______ going on here" in every post, here for a car race. Why not, "The girls are racing cars here" or "Here the nieces are racing cars". Have they ever heard of active vs passive voice?

*shaking my head over Sarah’s godawful sentences*

How hard can it be to write a coherent sentence about people in a car about to leave for a visit?

Sarah doesn’t have a knack for writing. It was a job Stevehovah bestowed on her, most likely because she had zero interest in it (so it wouldn’t become an “idol”). Many of us have pointed out that it’s impossible to learn how to write well unless you read a great deal, and widely. Writers need impartial feedback and editing. Poor Sarah hasn’t been allowed these opportunities. She’s a better photographer than Prisstopher, but he gets to be the “professional.”  The sisters enjoy sewing and seem to be good at it, but we haven’t seen them doing any since that “sewing party” when they made skirts. God forbid they should have anything remotely resembling f*n.

Apropos nothing; who ever did Abby's (?) hair in the bunk bed photo did an awesome job. That is some pretty hair doing. Not much of a chance it was anyone other than her mum, so 10 points to her.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure Anna just loves climbing out of the bed in the dark at 2am to pee. It’s the highlight of her night!

She'll like it even less when she's in her 50's.

I remember on an episode of The Waltons Mary Ellen was mad that John Boy had his own bedroom and a space to write but she had to share a room with Erin and Elizabeth.

16 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I remember on an episode of The Waltons Mary Ellen was mad that John Boy had his own bedroom and a space to write but she had to share a room with Erin and Elizabeth.

John boy was such favored wet annoying prissy Mary Sue ... He had a whole mountain on which he could sit out on! 

I wonder who made those quilts on Anna and Mary's beds. Anna's definitely looks like a Double Wedding Ring pattern. Per Craftsy: 

"the interlocking rings are a beautiful symbol of the marriage – two people joining together to become one story – but also have historically been considered lucky for a couple, with designs found as early as 4th Century Roman cups. The traditional Double Wedding Ring quilt was historically made by mothers and grandmothers for their children to be given on their wedding day or anniversaries, and treasured for many years to follow."

I've never seen anyone make a double wedding ring quilt for a twin bed before. Because, you know, usually they're made for married couples...

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It's the wall decals of their names that make it look especially childish. I'm hoping they put those up when they were under the age of 16 and just haven't bothered to take them down. Otherwise I actually like the bunk bed setup... if you have to share a room with your sister in your 20s, at least bunk beds provide a little more privacy in a way.

Also, there’s so much room for activities!!

10 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

But do you have a giant, sunny backyard in a hot and humid climate? I grew all sorts of herbs on windowsills and balconies when I lived in an apartment. I do keep a pot of basil on a sunny window sill in the winter, but the flavor can't compare to what I'm picking right now from my garden.

Oh, dear @Black Aliss, have you not been paying attention? Flavor is a temptation, a gateway to idolization of a foodstuff, be it sweet, savory or the aspartame of Diet Pepsi!!![\satire & sarcasm wrt Steve’s penchant for bland and gooey food]

I believe it’s been told that Poor Sarah had her own space but wanted in on the fun—-er, camaraderie & fellowship that RAnna and RMary were having, so asked to stay in there. Which may be why the younger girls [sic] have bunks. 

And I’m  surprised y’all are presuming that PSarah is on the West Coast of the North American continent.

She could be on the west coast of Lake Tonganoxie, KS, for all we know.  

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Also, there’s so much room for activities!!

Oh, dear @Black Aliss, have you not been paying attention? Flavor is a temptation, a gateway to idolization of a foodstuff, be it sweet, savory or the aspartame of Diet Pepsi!!![\satire & sarcasm wrt Steve’s penchant for bland and gooey food]

You are right. Flavors arouse the senses and we know where that can lead. I'll go sit in the prayer closet now. But only if I can bring with me my cruet of basil vinaigrette. It's so good I'm putting on everything this summer and it might even go well with animal crackers. Anyway, to hell with pesto.  This stuff is amazing.

https://www.davidlebovitz.com/basil-vinaigrette/

Poor Teri can't make pesto or basil vinaigrette if she just has that one spindly plant. I'll be praying for her.

4 hours ago, goldbu said:

I've never seen anyone make a double wedding ring quilt for a twin bed before. Because, you know, usually they're made for married couples...

Let's do it on my twin bed (twin bed)...

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived