IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

Southwest lets families with children board first AFTER business select passengers (if any) and the people who pay for the automatic check in.  If you have a young child and do the automatic check in, you go with your place in the queue.  

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose we should be grateful that some of these grandkids get to leave the Yearning for Steve Ranch (aka Maxwell Compound) at all. And to go to Seattle! That's a world away and then some. I instantly think of JIm Bob and Michelle at the head shop in S.F.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I instantly think of JIm Bob and Michelle at the head shop in S.F.

NEVER FORGET

I think a lot of fundies use credit cards, even if they pay off the balance at the end of the month. Getting the points is great but I think a lot of people like me are nervous about using their debit card everywhere. I have had money stolen from my account and know others who have as well. It’s easier to fight the charges on a regular CC card than a debit one. 

Chris’ writing is so much better than anything Sarah has written. What happened there? Didn’t they both start off with normal schooling before they were taught by Teri? How is Sarah’s writing such a downgrade? 

2 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I think a lot of fundies use credit cards, even if they pay off the balance at the end of the month. Getting the points is great but I think a lot of people like me are nervous about using their debit card everywhere. I have had money stolen from my account and know others who have as well. It’s easier to fight the charges on a regular CC card than a debit one. 

Chris’ writing is so much better than anything Sarah has written. What happened there? Didn’t they both start off with normal schooling before they were taught by Teri? How is Sarah’s writing such a downgrade? 

Agree on the credit card issue. Also, debit cards can have a fairly low limit, so it can be difficult to put large purchases (like a bunch of airline tix) on them.  

Excellent question about Chris's writing.  I wonder if ironically, Chris is more of a "natural" at writing than Sarah is. Sarah tries to hard--and ends up with convoluted, longwinded, passive sentences.

25 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Excellent question about Chris's writing.  I wonder if ironically, Chris is more of a "natural" at writing than Sarah is. Sarah tries to hard--and ends up with convoluted, longwinded, passive sentences.

Did he, maybe, go to school for a few years? Read more "secular" books, maybe even, GASP!, watch tv as a child??

On 7/22/2018 at 11:40 PM, DooDahDame said:

Back to the girls returning from their “mystery” trip, that is a staged photo unless they are coming out of customs since it gates are beyond security. Unless...someone was traveling with them. The only international flights arriving at KCI are from Iceland, Toronto, Punta Cana DR, and Cancun, Mexico. I really can’t see Steve letting them go to any of those destinations, with the exception of Toronto, and that’s iffy, too worldly. They probably flew Southwest Airlines because most of their fares are no change or cancellation fee and their return date was up in the air. (Pun intended)

In looking closer, they may be coming out of customs as there appears to be a uniformed person at the door. 

At the airports I know of, there’s a security checkpoint before you leave the airport (or get baggage in domestic flights). It’s not customs - it’s past customs.  There is an officer there and it’s a one-way exit.  The area behind them has seats that look like the departure lounge.  Maybe it’s a similar set up?  

So Amish Anna is in charge of corralling the kids and all Prissy Chris has to do is carry one item and wipe down the seats?  Sounds like the Smuggars.

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

So Amish Anna is in charge of corralling the kids and all Prissy Chris has to do is carry one item and wipe down the seats?  Sounds like the Smuggars.

In this case, I don't think it's like the Smuggars. If Chris was carrying two car seats down the narrow isle of a plane then he likely wouldn't be able to do much else at the time. Car seats are heavy and bulky. He only said that Anna was entertaining the kids while he was installing the car seats and wiping down surfaces, not what happened the rest of the flight.

I don't think Chris is a great person but I don't think in this particular case he did anything wrong. He seems almost normal.

26 minutes ago, Baxter said:

In this case, I don't think it's like the Smuggars. If Chris was carrying two car seats down the narrow isle of a plane then he likely wouldn't be able to do much else at the time. Car seats are heavy and bulky. He only said that Anna was entertaining the kids while he was installing the car seats and wiping down surfaces, not what happened the rest of the flight.

I don't think Chris is a great person but I don't think in this particular case he did anything wrong. He seems almost normal.

I agree. We're as non-fundie, non-gender role conformimg as you can get and I still get hubs to install the car seats. They're heavy, I'm never able to get them right enough and they straight up suck to install. In that situation, Prissy definitely got the shorter straw, imo. 

I wonder if Christopher writes better than Sarah because he’s a guy. Maybe he got a better education than she did.

11 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wonder if Christopher writes better than Sarah because he’s a guy. Maybe he got a better education than she did.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is true. 

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Chris may be a better writer (unless NR Anna actually wrote that post) but Sarah is by far the better photographer.

26 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Nathan and Christopher did go to a real school at one point.  They were pulled out because one of them was supposedly falling behind in reading.

8 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Could a mod please put the above post in the Maxwell 22 thread I put this in the wrong thread by mistake.  Thanks.

9 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

At the airports I know of, there’s a security checkpoint before you leave the airport (or get baggage in domestic flights). It’s not customs - it’s past customs.  There is an officer there and it’s a one-way exit.  The area behind them has seats that look like the departure lounge.  Maybe it’s a similar set up?  

Not at LAX or any of the local airports. Once you get your luggage at baggage claim it's aloha bye bye. Back in the day they used to have someone check your tag against your stub but I have not seen that in many years. One person against 300 +/- passengers... nope not gonna work. It looks like they are leaving the customs/baggage claim. Who knows maybe they both got tagged for closer inspections. 

I am in that airport all the time. That's just the door you go through coming off the plane. Your friends/family wait right outside it. You just turn and go down to the baggage carousel. 

14 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And Sarah is better at portrait photography than Chris. Perhaps they should trade. 

12 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

See, I think having a security checkpoint at that point in the airport is just ridiculous. You've already been stripped of such dangerous weapons as a bottle of hair gel that has an actually usable amount of hair gel (I WILL ARTFULLY TOUSLE THE PILOT'S HAIR UNTIL MY DEMANDS ARE MET), you've been sitting on a plane for god knows how long (which I guess would make you want to kill everyone, though), and the TSA have already rummaged through your bags. Why do you need to get checked again?

The most ridiculous security checkpoint setup I've ever seen was at Dublin Airport. I flew Gatwick-Dublin-JFK so I could do customs in Dublin, which is a lot faster and the officers aren't so power-trippy/trigger-happy and a lot more pleasant, and here's the breakdown of security checkpoints: I go through security at Gatwick. Fine. I land in Dublin. I'm ushered through ANOTHER security checkpoint. What was I gonna do, combine the little booze bottles I wasn't offered on the hour long flight into a 300ml bottle? I get my shoes back on, get my laptop back in my bag, and go through customs. Then I had to go through security AGAIN to get to my gate. That was utter bullshit, if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

And Sarah is better at portrait photography than Chris. Perhaps they should trade. 

Never gonna happen. In Maxhell, if you enjoy something and are really good at it, it gets taken away from you because it’s an “idol.”

What a weird post - its not photos of the house, its photos of people looking at the house and thus not highlighting any of the details or renovations. Case in point:

image.png.43de4ac1c884a603ef6f11791ac9facc.png

What do you bet Chelsy painted that Live, Laugh, Rinse, Repeat, etc. etc. etc. exhortation in the kitchen. It doesn't mention Jesus, God or the Bible. Is that even allowed in Maxhell???

24 minutes ago, freethemall said:

What a weird post - its not photos of the house, its photos of people looking at the house and thus not highlighting any of the details or renovations. Case in point:

image.png.43de4ac1c884a603ef6f11791ac9facc.png

Well, now that I look at it all it's photos of the TOUR of the house--i.e. the people touring the house, not the actual house. Only the freakin Maxwells.

5 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Jesse's GRAY GRAY GRAY house! I hope the kitchen is getting gutted from the look of it.

I like the gray walls - it's a neutral color and you can accessorize with so many other colors.  Anything is better than Maxhell Beige!

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived