IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 59: Still Dull in Dillsville

Jellybean

1 hour ago, RainbowSky said:

What? A &W hashbrown? Is this Canadian?

I’m Canadian but I believe A&W is in the States too? I’m actually not sure.

I would say the breakfast sandwiches are the best too, but ever since they got rid of the foil bags they haven’t been as good. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He's not helping those affair rumors in SCA. 

Wait?! What?! I feel like I missed something juicy here, even if it is just rumors?! What's the story?

A & W is in the states but might be a Midwest thing. My parents talk about how their fresh root beer was just the best on a summer day. 

A & W is a franchise in decline. They have lost or rebranded many stores in the past 40 years. The peak year (per Wikipedia) was 1974.

2 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

A&W is the name of an American (maybe other places too!) fast food place. 

I know what an A&W is. I used to work at one LMAO

The Canadian ones arent connected to the US ones anymore except by name and do their own thing. I've  never heard of an A&W hashbrown before, even working there for years, so I asked if they were Canadian lol. 

59 minutes ago, keen23 said:

A & W is a franchise in decline. They have lost or rebranded many stores in the past 40 years. The peak year (per Wikipedia) was 1974.

They're going nuts trying to open new stores, new items, etc now.

Their root beer isn't connected to the stores anymore, either. Well, for distribution which is why it's different in store than in a grocery etc store.

If anyone wondered. Lol

3 hours ago, neurogirl said:

A & W is in the states but might be a Midwest thing. My parents talk about how their fresh root beer was just the best on a summer day. 

We've got A&W's in California.  They were here before McDonald's.

ETA:  I'm sure as a business, they are in decline, but the one I go to in a small nor Cal town does pretty well.

I don't believe that the A&Ws in the US do breakfast. The ones in Canada do, and it is one of the better fast food breakfasts available. I am bummed out that they got rid of their whistle dog - a totally unkosher concoction of grilled hot dog with processed cheese, two slices of bacon and relish served on Texas toast. When I was a teenager, I would sneak out at night to the late night drive through and order a whistle dog in an act of secret rebellion :kitty-wink:

They do have good beef and served my drive through loving cat a very nice cod burger earlier today. We sat in the car and he ate the whole thing, except for the bun, the slaw and the breading which he generously left for me. Good thing I like the root beer!

Regarding OfJill's reaction to the Supreme Court decision: someone on Fundie Tumblr said he must have orgasmed. Am I a horrible person for thinking "and as usual, it only took him about thirty seconds"? 

9 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

I don't believe that the A&Ws in the US do breakfast. The ones in Canada do, and it is one of the better fast food breakfasts available. I am bummed out that they got rid of their whistle dog - a totally unkosher concoction of grilled hot dog with processed cheese, two slices of bacon and relish served on Texas toast. When I was a teenager, I would sneak out at night to the late night drive through and order a whistle dog in an act of secret rebellion :kitty-wink:

They do have good beef and served my drive through loving cat a very nice cod burger earlier today. We sat in the car and he ate the whole thing, except for the bun, the slaw and the breading which he generously left for me. Good thing I like the root beer!

My heart broke into a million pieces when they got rid of the whistle dog. 

13 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Wait?! What?! I feel like I missed something juicy here, even if it is just rumors?! What's the story?

It was a blind item about a reality star having a side boy in central america. Then the whole thing ended in murder, which I don't believe that part. I think it was on Crazy Days and Nights which makes me think the last part was embellished because he occasionally does that so he doesn't get in trouble legally, but dWRECK would fit the bill for the first part of the rumor, IMO. 

I do believe that A&W was stared by a guy who was Mormon. Mormons, at least back when A&W wad founded were forbidden from drinking caffeine. As an answer to all the hamburger and coke, A&W offered root beer.

I read an interesting post on Facebook today regarding Biblical misinterpretations about submissive wives and homosexuality, etc., but I didn't know where to put it when I decided I'd share it on FJ. Since OfJill has such an outspoken issue with the LGBTQ+ community I decided to plop it here. I'm sharing the blog version of the Facebook post because I couldn't get the screenshot under a spoiler:

https://stantlitore.com/2018/06/01/a-camel-through-the-eye-of-a-needle-and-other-wild-tales-of-translation/

18 hours ago, keen23 said:

The last time I was at one was mid-90s, I believe. We have one in a huge mall, Woodfield. Went to eat there with my friend. They had a sewer back up and water was coming in from the bathrooms. Place smelled like you know what. Still stayed open. We ate elsewhere. Its still there but the reviews are awful. There was a time they were pretty decent. 

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I do believe that A&W was stared by a guy who was Mormon. Mormons, at least back when A&W wad founded were forbidden from drinking caffeine. As an answer to all the hamburger and coke, A&W offered root beer.

I thought the movie starring Micheal Keaton about the founding of MacDonalds was interesting. His character "stole" the concepts and name from the real life MaDonald brothers. At one point, he used a reconstituted powder in his milkshakes to save money. I actually kind of like A&W food, to bad it's on the decline. I have heard that Barqs root beer does have caffeine in it, so steer clear of that brand if you need to avoid caffeine. 

1 hour ago, coexist said:

I read an interesting post on Facebook today regarding Biblical misinterpretations about submissive wives and homosexuality, etc., but I didn't know where to put it when I decided I'd share it on FJ. Since OfJill has such an outspoken issue with the LGBTQ+ community I decided to plop it here. I'm sharing the blog version of the Facebook post because I couldn't get the screenshot under a spoiler:

https://stantlitore.com/2018/06/01/a-camel-through-the-eye-of-a-needle-and-other-wild-tales-of-translation/

One of the things I love about FJ is that it continues making me discover new things - I read Reza Aslan's "Zealot" because it was mentioned here, I started watching The Handmaid's Tale with my husband for the same reason, I spent an entire evening laughing about unfortunate food pictures, and now I fell into a rabbit hole about bad bible translations.

A huge THANK YOU to this amazing community!! :my_heart:

On 6/6/2018 at 6:54 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

That is just about my favorite smell in the whole world. :) 

Mine too. When I lived in Little Italy in New York (back when it was a real neighborhood--I'm old) on Sunday mornings that aroma would permeate the whole street. You just wanted to eat the air.

"But what I WILL snark on- thepicture  she shared is clearly not of her recipe, it's a casserole with regular potato pieces not tatertots. Sigh. Beyond not taking apicture  of her own dish, she couldn't find apicture  of a casserole with tatertots? "

Really? She steals another photo and THIS is the best she can come up with? It's even more disgusting than her recipe--and I'm not picky at all (in fact at the moment eating whatever the food bank gives me). 

At least her fail at being a lifestyle guru isn't dangerous, like her fail at being a midwife, but girlfriend really needs to find something she can actually do or is willing to learn. 

The A&Ws in my area is combined of the Kentucky Fried Chicken. I used to loved their bacon cheeseburgers and root beer floats. But the prices have gotten to expensive and I can't eat their buns due to my wheat issues.  Thank God there's no wheat in ice cream! 

On 6/7/2018 at 11:14 PM, mollysmom said:

I think the rumor was that he had a side chick in Scary Central America. Frankly I think it's all rumor. Derick strikes me as the kinda guy who, if it weren't for finding an extremely sheltered woman who was taught from childhood that marital rape is OK and to put up with anything and everything he did, would be an incel. Maybe not "I'm gonna drive a truck through a crowd of people because girls won't sleep with me" level of incel, but definitely "I'm gonna spend all day posting diatribes about how women are sluts because they won't have sex with me and I don't realize that I am the common denominator of my failures" level of incel. 

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I think the rumor was that he had a side chick in Scary Central America. Frankly I think it's all rumor. Derick strikes me as the kinda guy who, if it weren't for finding an extremely sheltered woman who was taught from childhood that marital rape is OK and to put up with anything and everything he did, would be an incel. Maybe not "I'm gonna drive a truck through a crowd of people because girls won't sleep with me" level of incel, but definitely "I'm gonna spend all day posting diatribes about how women are sluts because they won't have sex with me and I don't realize that I am the common denominator of my failures" level of incel. 

This. Hasn't he posted that Bible verse about the adulteress a couple of times now too? 

On 6/5/2018 at 1:13 AM, KelseyAnn said:

Are you guys British?

No, we're Australian. 

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The rumor was a side boy, but I agree with your comment in general. 

On 6/7/2018 at 12:45 PM, catlady said:

had you shared this before?  turns out it was already hiding in my (very long) list of bookmarks, and i can't imagine where else i might have found it, and it's a great read. 

I have definitely shared it before.  I can't remember where I found it though.  Probably someone else posted it on FJ in the first place.

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The rumor was a side boy, but I agree with your comment in general. 

Just wondering because I fucking live for drama and half my open tabs right now are YouTube videos about various dramas going on in the world of YouTube beauty gurus: what was the substance of the rumor? Was it a wham-bam-thank-you-man sexual encounter? Was it more emotional/a classic affair? Was it with a local or another SOS guy? 

I have my doubts as to the veracity of any of it, since I'm sticking steadfastly to my theory that Derick was only saved from a life of Incel-dom by winning the misogynist's lottery and is now projecting his extreme crippling insecurities and dysfunctions onto his wife and the rest of the world. And (idle speculation/armchair psychology ahoy) the subtweeting about adulteresses is a manifestation of his knowledge that Jill could do better, that no woman raised in a normal environment would ever want him, and the fear that Jill will wise up one day and leave him like all the other women who saw his ass and noped the fuck out. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Just wondering because I fucking live for drama and half my open tabs right now are YouTube videos about various dramas going on in the world of YouTube beauty gurus: what was the substance of the rumor? Was it a wham-bam-thank-you-man sexual encounter? Was it more emotional/a classic affair? Was it with a local or another SOS guy? 

I have my doubts as to the veracity of any of it, since I'm sticking steadfastly to my theory that Derick was only saved from a life of Incel-dom by winning the misogynist's lottery and is now projecting his extreme crippling insecurities and dysfunctions onto his wife and the rest of the world. And (idle speculation/armchair psychology ahoy) the subtweeting about adulteresses is a manifestation of his knowledge that Jill could do better, that no woman raised in a normal environment would ever want him, and the fear that Jill will wise up one day and leave him like all the other women who saw his ass and noped the fuck out. 

No, it was literally just a blind item from Crazy Days and Nights, no context other than reality star having an affair while in CA. Then it ended in murder which I'm pretty sure is false. 

The funny thing is, someone on reddit suggested he probably flirted/cheated with someone who was trans then got all bent out of shape about it when he realized they were, and that to me sounds completely believable. There's no basis for that either, just a reddit comment but that explains his loud hatred, IMO.

*Again, idle speculation here* :pb_lol: 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived