IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 59: Still Dull in Dillsville

Jellybean

As to water enhancers, I like to add a bit of fresh lemon juice to a pitcher of water, or cucumber slices.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am off carbs as I mentioned and haven't had a coke since April....skin is clearing up. I don't miss it.  

just in time for my trip to Montreal in July to a comic con to see DD :D first one ever so any tips would be delightful 

Artificial sweeteners trigger migraines for me as well, with Splenda/Sucralose being the worst of the bunch.... And I react to Stevia the same way I do Splenda, which is weird, since it's supposed to be natural and all.

Anyway, all that to say I don't really use water enhancers, but my little guy likes the True Lime Cherry Limeade ones on occasion. He doesn't seem to have an issue with stevia, and these have no artificial flavors or colors either, in that flavor at least

https://www.amazon.com/True-Limeade-Stick-Cherry-1-06oz/dp/B00D1DP00S/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1528076949&sr=8-5&keywords=true%2Blime%2Bcherry%2Blimeade&th=1

Am I the only one that absolutely hates the taste of Stevia? It's not like sugar at all to me...it has a horrible lingering aftertaste!

I like Stur.  I got a 5 pack for like 12 something a few months ago. True Lemon arent bad.

We have a well with extra iron so a couple of the kids bitch. 

I'm one of those terrible parents who gives my 3-year-old the occasional serving of soda. He joyfully drinks water, but a few swigs of Coke or ginger ale on occasion won't cause enduring problems. If he were to drink milk, he would be in agonizing pain from constipation within two days. I was raised on sweet tea and Kool-Aid myself which is probably just as bad. 

I love love the True Lime stuff (hard to find in Canada though- boo).

i was a Diet Coke fiend and still love it- but try everything else first now. So I will have water, coffee, tea, fizzy water and finally- if I need a Diet Coke- I will let myself go buy one. They are rarely kept at home anymore.

I often share my tea with my son and I get a lot of looks for it. When it’s hot tea- maybe people assume I am giving him coffee- but I don’t see how a bit of cooled off black tea with milk (no sugar) is an issue.

and he LOVES iced tea (unsweetened black). I make it at home (brew the tea etc) and I did it for myself first and then he started stealing it. 

3 hours ago, melon said:

I have found the True Lemon,in several varieties ,at Walmart.

I am not sure where you live,we live in SC,Mr Melon found the Stur at Bi-Lo,for between $3.50- $4.00.those are more expensive.

I live in Alberta, Canada. I will be sure to keep a eye out.

51 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I live in Alberta, Canada. I will be sure to keep a eye out.

let me get some $$ together and I'll buy some and ship it to you. I could probably put a whole lot of them in one of those one price boxes. 

My toddler loves to have a cup of tea with me. Of course, he hasn't yet realised that I have a tea bag, and he just has the string/label ...

"Cup of tea" was one of his first phrases. Clearly he's heard me mention it just a couple of times  :pb_lol:

We don't do fizzy drinks much at all. The only one we used to occasionally have as kids was some apple cider. I still love it, but only buy it for special occasions. 

11 hours ago, finnlassie said:

783938435_ScreenShot2018-06-03at21_56_22.png.268de9e46f04fad5e86ad0bb509c27d5.png

OH GDI I didn't know they show Counting On in Finnish TLC and I JUST MISSED THE EPISODE. I just wanna know how behind the episodes are here! I've also not watched Counting on apart from couple first episodes... *cries*

NZ is super behind... Jeremy has only just brought Jingers engagement ring. I watch online so am up to date. 

5 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Am I the only one that absolutely hates the taste of Stevia? It's not like sugar at all to me...it has a horrible lingering aftertaste!

Stevia tastes revolting to me.  I can't stand it.  Xylitol is okay.  Aspartame gives me a very particular headache right between the eyes.  It happens when I know I'm eating it and when I don't (a medicine for instance) and only happens with aspartame so I assume it's not psychosomatic.

I don't have a sweet tooth and rarely crave sweets.  Fried foods and things like pasta are my weaknesses.  When I am down I don't want chocolate, I want karaage or spaghetti and meatballs.  

@emmeline when I do have a soda I love Appletiser best.  Not too sweet and I can lie to myself about it being not as bad as a coke ;)

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

let me get some $$ together and I'll buy some and ship it to you. I could probably put a whole lot of them in one of those one price boxes. 

Thanks for offering, you are very kind :hug4:, you don't have to do that. Postage to Canada can be costly even for smaller packages etc. 

Thanks for your offer:my_heart:. June is often a hard month, this one already is the worst in 15 years or so, unemployment checks are over, a likely move coming up, medical concerns, I better stop there. if I can get through this month ok, I will be happy. 

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

NZ is super behind... Jeremy has only just brought Jingers engagement ring. I watch online so am up to date. 

I hate it when shows are so far behind. For example, Coronation Street used to be nearly a year behind in comparison to the UK. Annoyed me to no end. 

Why is CO so far behind where you are? I really liked JinJer's wedding episode, to me it was the most individual and classy wedding of them all. 

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I hate it when shows are so far behind. For example, Coronation Street used to be nearly a year behind in comparison to the UK. Annoyed me to no end. 

Why is CO so far behind where you are? I really liked JinJer's wedding episode, to me it was the most individual and classy wedding of them all. 

I dont watch, but coro street is 18mths behind, they are working on catching us up to be current somehow?!? Didnt take a huge amount of notice cos we dont watch lol! 

We have had tlc for years on skytv, even bringing up bates I believe is super behind - tori (?) has just started courting... super romantic with your whole family present for your anniversary weeekend :crazy:

I don't use any sugar replacements - if I want sugar, I use sugar. BUT. A five-pound bag of it will last me a couple of years, easily. And that's with DH using a couple of teaspoons here & there for some of his breakfast cereal.

9 hours ago, emmeline said:

My toddler loves to have a cup of tea with me. Of course, he hasn't yet realised that I have a tea bag, and he just has the string/label ...

"Cup of tea" was one of his first phrases. Clearly he's heard me mention it just a couple of times  :pb_lol:

We don't do fizzy drinks much at all. The only one we used to occasionally have as kids was some apple cider. I still love it, but only buy it for special occasions. 

Are you guys British?

I am eternally grateful that my parents let me have pretty much any kind of food in moderation when I was a kid.  I'm sure I didn't get coke in a baby bottle, but I definitely drank it throughout my childhood.  But I think because I was allowed coke, junk food, sweet cereal, etc. along side of an overall healthy diet it led to my general "everything in moderation" attitude toward food as an adult.  Which I love because it means I don't have to obsess over every change in conventional nutritional wisdom (fat is evil - no wait, carbs are evil - hang on, white flour is evil - no I think now sugar is evil . . .).  I drink lots of Diet Coke as an adult, but I just drink a lot of fluids generally - water, iced tea, Diet Coke, etc.

I'm Canadian (from a very British background) and remember my mother giving us tea from a very young age.  It was probably more milk than tea at first, but I do remember sitting around having tea with the neighbourhood ladies when I was a mere tot.

15 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I'm Canadian (from a very British background) and remember my mother giving us tea from a very young age.  It was probably more milk than tea at first, but I do remember sitting around having tea with the neighbourhood ladies when I was a mere tot.

I love this! And I have sat down to a cuppa with my boy a few times. It's just a nice little thing we do. (not British, spent a year in Ireland & am living in Canada).

We also share "clouds" (Frothed milk with a little bit of vanilla syrup in it - I make them for my coffee and someone steals them - so now he gets his own)

1 hour ago, Frumper said:

I am eternally grateful that my parents let me have pretty much any kind of food in moderation when I was a kid.  I'm sure I didn't get coke in a baby bottle, but I definitely drank it throughout my childhood.  But I think because I was allowed coke, junk food, sweet cereal, etc. along side of an overall healthy diet it led to my general "everything in moderation" attitude toward food as an adult.  Which I love because it means I don't have to obsess over every change in conventional nutritional wisdom (fat is evil - no wait, carbs are evil - hang on, white flour is evil - no I think now sugar is evil . . .).  I drink lots of Diet Coke as an adult, but I just drink a lot of fluids generally - water, iced tea, Diet Coke, etc.

Yeah, between my mother severely restricting or outright forbidding most "unhealthy" foods and my father eating what little "healthy" foods we had off our plates if we weren't fast enough, I have Issues With Food.  Your family's way sounds much more balanced.

13 hours ago, emmeline said:

That's so cute. I loved having "coffee" with my Dad when I was little.  His was black coffee and mine was chocolate milk.  I never realized we weren't drinking the same liquid, but I remember our time together.    

10 hours ago, kiwi said:

I dont watch, but coro street is 18mths behind, they are working on catching us up to be current somehow?!? Didnt take a huge amount of notice cos we dont watch lol! 

We have had tlc for years on skytv, even bringing up bates I believe is super behind - tori (?) has just started courting... super romantic with your whole family present for your anniversary weeekend :crazy:

I used to watch Corrie. What CBC did to catch up with the UK  was to show more of it and longer epoisdes. I don't even know what is happening now, because I no longer watch, but I think Canada is only two weeks behind now. 

I definitely grew up drinking tea as well. From when I was very little, we had it for breakfast every morning. I often wasn’t able to eat early in the morning in high school (I think it was anxiety) so I drank tea. I think it’s a colonial subject thing.

Plus I’m from the Caribbean so tea cures everything here.

Stomach ache?  Drink some tea.

Headache? Drink some tea.

Broke your leg? Drink some tea. 

My parents always had Pepsi and Mountain Dew in the house, but I grew up drinking juice. Back in the 80's/90's we all thought juice was somewhat healthy. I have always hated milk, and until about 4 years ago I wouldn't drink water unless it had flavoring. I don't remember my parents forbidding me to drink soda, but I also don't remember drinking it anywhere except at Nana's house for Sunday dinners. As a teenager I developed a Coca Cola addiction and could go through 3-4 cans a day. I switched to diet, which I liked way less, and that helped me cut back. Now I have a Mountain Dew addiction, but I'm down to one of those mini cans at night while I watch Netflix.

7 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I definitely grew up drinking tea as well. From when I was very little, we had it for breakfast every morning. I often wasn’t able to eat early in the morning in high school (I think it was anxiety) so I drank tea. I think it’s a colonial subject thing.

Plus I’m from the Caribbean so tea cures everything here.

Stomach ache?  Drink some tea.

Headache? Drink some tea.

Broke your leg? Drink some tea. 

A friend that visited England recently said the same thing.  "Oh, you've been knocked down by a car!  Have a tea"

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived