Jump to content
IGNORED

Mr & Mrs Jill Duggar 59: Still Dull in Dillsville


Jellybean
 Share

Recommended Posts

It really says so much about his work ethic while he tries to relive his "glory days." He has a father in law that could probably hand him a job somewhere, but nope. Can't do it.

  • Upvote 16
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's in a MarketPlace Grill chocolate mess? All I see in the pictures of it is stickiness.

  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@TheOneAndOnly,  I don't know what is in a chocolate mess, but the name seems rather apt.  They look extremely unappetizing -and sticky- to me.

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone ever see the movie Son in Law? Pauly Shore played an eternal college student who changed his major every other semester because he was scared of the real world and didnt want to give up the dorm life. He meets a farm girl who's father shits himself when she brings him home for the holidays and they pretend to be engaged.

I loved college and some days get noglastic for it, but I can't imagine moving back onto campus as a 30yo with a spouse and two kids. My friends and I always talk about going to Homecoming weekend but in 15 years even that hasnt worked out. 

  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

What's in a MarketPlace Grill chocolate mess? All I see in the pictures of it is stickiness.

It looks like a regular milkshake created solely to piss off dishwashers. 

  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 34
  • Love 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derick's tweet if the day comes from Proverbs. Again, my translation is nlt and his is not.

He then goes on to say that there is a time and place for everything.

Vague ass tweets.

Screenshot_20180526-164358.png

Edited by FJismyheadship
Autocorrect blunder
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@TheOneAndOnly,  I don't know what is in a chocolate mess, but the name seems rather apt.  They look extremely unappetizing -and sticky- to me.

I totally agree. I hate messy foods and my hands are sticky feeling just looking at it. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

He is bilingual in Spanish, and so the combination of the two pushed him into immigration.  I understand how he got there, but the stakes (especially in the current political climate) are way too high in that field for someone like him.  People are literally risking everything on his representation.  

This is one of the reasons why there's so many undocumented immigrants in this country. Bad lawyers screw up their cases and they fall out of status. If people like Derick (judging from the Izzy pic) really wanted to do something about illegal immigration, they would focus on issues like the lack of accountability for these lawyers instead of the pointless wall.

Sorry, I've just seen too many decent people get fucked over by their immigaration lawyers. 

I don't thikn Ofjill could make it as a lawyer, and it's not because of tuition or getting into an accredited school. It's because he doesn't have the work ethic for it. He doesn't stick it out when the going gets rough. J.D., while seemingly not book smart, has shown a lot of work ethic and determination. Derick has shown zero. 

  • Upvote 27
  • Love 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BernRul said:

This is one of the reasons why there's so many undocumented immigrants in this country. Bad lawyers screw up their cases and they fall out of status. If people like Derick (judging from the Izzy pic) really wanted to do something about illegal immigration, they would focus on issues like the lack of accountability for these lawyers instead of the pointless wall.

Sorry, I've just seen too many decent people get fucked over by their immigaration lawyers. 

I don't thikn Ofjill could make it as a lawyer, and it's not because of tuition or getting into an accredited school. It's because he doesn't have the work ethic for it. He doesn't stick it out when the going gets rough. J.D., while seemingly not book smart, has shown a lot of work ethic and determination. Derick has shown zero. 

Me too. I have a friend that had several thousand dollars taken from her by an immigration lawyer. He provided false services, took money for "permits", and didn't send in paperwork. My friend speaks perfect English, has an American education, and has been here since she was 3. If it was that hard for her, I can't imagine how hard it is for someone that hasn't been here long and may not understand English. 

  • Upvote 17
  • Sad 1
  • Love 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shiny said:

Me too. I have a friend that had several thousand dollars taken from her by an immigration lawyer. He provided false services, took money for "permits", and didn't send in paperwork. My friend speaks perfect English, has an American education, and has been here since she was 3. If it was that hard for her, I can't imagine how hard it is for someone that hasn't been here long and may not understand English. 

Yeah, it's rough. And for a lot of people, they don't get the chance to do it over. People really don't get that. It makes me think of that saying, "But for the grace of God, go I." 

  • Upvote 8
  • Love 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

Derick's tweet if the day comes from Proverbs. Again, my translation is nlt and his is not.

He then goes on to say that there is a time and place for everything.

Vague ass tweets.

Screenshot_20180526-164358.png

Perhaps the fool is becoming self aware? 

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Perhaps the fool is becoming self aware? 

I'm not counting on it. No pun intended.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derick shares this post from CNN and makes a sarcastic remark about how comforting that is.

CNN tweet

Edited by Jellybean
Embedded tweet
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Derick is also following Arkansas Law School on Instagram. And the person on twitter who is excited about Derick’s big news in the fall is trying to connect him to a friend who just finished his 1st year at Ark Law. Also following the Clintons on Twitter, beyond their national status, makes sense as they both taught there. I’m jumping on this speculation train that Derick will be starting law school there soon. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today's post from Derick comes from Psalm 27:1

Derick says that this verse is comforting today.

Screenshot_20180527-133037.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A good lawyer is totes smart, ethical, loyal, smart smart, OfJill has no chance, not a one. Maybe he will try politics next!

"Politicians are not born, they are secreted"   Cicero

  • Haha 10
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loving the new thread title! :giggle:

2 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

Today's post from Derick comes from Psalm 27:1

Derick says that this verse is comforting today.

Screenshot_20180527-133037.png

I wonder what Derick would think about that Harry Potter with the unholy 69 up there in the top left corner :my_angel: what a combo! (I'm so addicted to that Hogwarts game!!! Jesus save me!)

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

Today's post from Derick comes from Psalm 27:1

Derick says that this verse is comforting today.

Screenshot_20180527-133037.png

 

Makes me think he goofed up in a spectacular fashion, was told off, and is now hiding behind God.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

Loving the new thread title! :giggle:

I wonder what Derick would think about that Harry Potter with the unholy 69 up there in the top left corner :my_angel: what a combo! (I'm so addicted to that Hogwarts game!!! Jesus save me!)

What would have made it even more perfect would be if one of my trans friends would have commented on something and Facebook decided to notify me at that exact moment.

Also addicted, mad though that I leave the game to work or something and I come back and my progress on an activity has been taken away :-(

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

    I'm all for reinventing oneself or a fresh start. 

    What bothers me so much about the law school thing is the GoFundme last year and the bogus ministry before that. Don't ask for money from others if you are so wishy washy, it's really offensive and disrespectful to those that donated.

  Derick, before you LEAP into another new thing why not work a year saving money and THINK about it? Read some law books. Volunteer at a legal aid organization. Take a night course. 

    Stick your toes in the water for a bit to see if the problem is really in your own damn foot.

Edited by Fjrocks
  • Upvote 35
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

A good lawyer is totes smart, ethical, loyal, smart smart, OfJill has no chance, not a one. Maybe he will try politics next!

"Politicians are not born, they are secreted"   Cicero

To be fair, he would be far from the first lawyer to lack those characteristics. :pb_lol:

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i guess I haven’t read carefully enough but it seems DWreck is going to law school?

To be a missionary lawyer? I wonder where he will get the money. This is crazy. Poor Izzy and Sam. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

i guess I haven’t read carefully enough but it seems DWreck is going to law school?

To be a missionary lawyer? I wonder where he will get the money. This is crazy. Poor Izzy and Sam. 

 

It hasn’t been confirmed at this point. There’s evidence to suggest he’s planning to go to Law School, but no announcement has been made and it’s still just speculation right now.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.