IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 33: In touch with gossip

samurai_sarah

My husband had shingles in his ear and throat. It was awful for *everyone* involved. And he still has weird nerve issues there. Shingles sucks.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

I had chicken pox when I was 16 and spent about a week sobbing into a mirror.  My skin was so hyper-sensitive that I got huge itchy welts wherever the calamine lotion touched it, so calamine was out.  I did end up with a couple of minor scars, but nbd.  

My two kids caught it at 4 and 6 years-- the week we moved from one city to another. Good times, ha! 

You poor thing! That's a horrible age to get chicken pox! Teenage years are hard enough without having to deal with that on top of it! Seriously!

4 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

You poor thing! That's a horrible age to get chicken pox! Teenage years are hard enough without having to deal with that on top of it! Seriously!

Aw thank you!  Yes, I was very self conscious  at the best of times, so that was a challenging week!  

Pickles (ugh) posted this about the Duggars trying to get land rezoned for an RV park. Honestly Jim Bob does need more businesses if he's going to keep each one of the boys employed - I feel stressed whenever I think about all of those boys plus Ben trying to support quivers by doing odd jobs for their dad.

http://5newsonline.com/2018/04/25/neighbors-concerned-over-rezoning-proposal-uncertainty/

10 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Pickles (ugh) posted this about the Duggars trying to get land rezoned for an RV park. Honestly Jim Bob does need more businesses if he's going to keep each one of the boys employed - I feel stressed whenever I think about all of those boys plus Ben trying to support quivers by doing odd jobs for their dad.

http://5newsonline.com/2018/04/25/neighbors-concerned-over-rezoning-proposal-uncertainty/

Is it bad when I saw this about the RV park that I thought now we know where all the kids will live? Must be the wine lol :my_biggrin::whitewine:

12 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I saw this and laughed my ass off.  I spend a fair amount of time in RV parks (just got back today from one, actually), and camping life is really something you have to really enjoy if you want to run your own place.  This is just not something I envision them doing well since they are not well-versed in the ins and outs of camping and what people expect when they book a site.  And I'm not sure what an 'upscale' RV park is...we stay at some very nice ones, but they're definitely not something I would consider 'upscale'...lol.  If 'upscale' means lot of amenities and activities, there will be plenty to do for a crapton of Duggars...but they're not going to be able to travel every other week like they do now unless it's off season.  I assume they would not run it year round.  Dare I say it's a regular job (gasp!), but definitely not the 9 to 5 type.

Oh, and unless they plan on making it a 'dry' park, they're going to have to deal with alcohol and the effects of too much of it ;). Even then, people are going to sneak it in.

16 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

It's weird how anyone would assume that just because you have been with 1 person would necessarily mean that you are sexually less experienced than if you have, say, slept with 5.

You can learn a lot more about yourself, your own sexuality and how to please others with one person with whom you are really close and dare experiment than with 20 casual encounters.

Well to be fair, I had literally only a single drunken one night stand under my belt at that point, so I probably would have sucked, but he didn't know that.

Next guy I ended up sleeping with I ended up marrying 5 years later, so I can't have been that bad.

I dated a lot in my late teens and twenties. Wound up in a long term relationship with someone who had uncontrolled bipolar, which left me feeling utterly destroyed. Then rebounded into another long term relationship because I wanted stability more than love. There were a lot of red flags early on, but I didn't know enough about life to see them for what they were until the emotional abuse had escalated to a ridiculous level and had turned the corner into physical abuse. After that, years of dating and short term, mostly not very fun relationships with people I should have known better than to bother with. I fell in love in my mid thirties and it was an epic fail. He lied about everything, and when I found out, I wound up miscarrying and the whole fiasco just broke my heart. Since then I've tried to date a couple of times but it's been a mind-fuck and so not-fun and just tedious that I can't be bothered any more. I also don't trust my own judgment with regard to dating, and don't feel like having to explain my life to anyone or having to compromise with another person. I think I'll just stick to cats.

Never had chicken pox or shingles thankfully. 

Unfortunately, I’ve also never been in a relationship, or even on a date. I’m 22...kinda starting to think something’s wrong with me. 

Never fear, my first kiss was at 24! Don't rush it. Better to wait for the right guy.

Went through my teens thinking I would never find love.

First, and absolutely terrible (slobbery, tasting of onions!), kiss at 17 with a neighbour's son. Then nothing for a long time.

First boyfriend and disappointing sexual experience shortly before my 20th birthday.

First serious relationship at 21.

First boyfriend I thought I would marry at 24, very painful breakup a year and a half later, followed by some sleeping around and casual dating.

Met my husband shortly before my 27th birthday, married two years later.

Clichéd wisdom I had to learn through my own experience:

You are beautiful and you are loveable, even if you think you are quirky or weird. Don't dwell on anything hurtful some jerk once said to you. There will always be someone who doesn't appreciate you, just as there are many people you won't appreciate. However, the right person will appreciate you exactly as you are.

Be authentic, genuine, be the best you you can be. Fulfil your potential and your dreams, do what makes you happy, put yourself out there - be it in real life or online, connect with people who have similar interests and who make you feel good. We only have one life, so enjoy the ride as much as you can. And if you meet the right person along the way, they will never want to leave your side.

As I didn't discover I was a lesbian until last year, I went through guy after guy trying to find the 'magic penis' that would make me enjoy straight sex. Needless to say, that never happened, lol.

I haven't found the right guy either. I've dated some. There was never really any sparks or anything. I tried the EHarmony which kept linking me to very outdoorsy people or Christian men who wanted to know everything there was to know about my relationship with God, feelings about church and going to church a lot. I am not an outdoorsy person. I'd love to travel but not climb mountains or spend months camping. We never clicked. I have no problem with God or going to church but there needs to be more to relationship then that. I love religious debates and discussing religion but I don't want to do that all the time. I never found anyone in my 20s and still haven't now. You do get people asking why. Wondering why your not married. Well, when you don't meet the one its a lot harder. There's the your too picky, maybe you should lower your standards. To what? My standards are pretty much just a nice guy with a job with a sense of humor and we love each other. Sometimes I have wondered why I'm not married. Is it me? Maybe I didn't put myself out there a lot. I'm a homebody who prefers to stay home to read, watch TV or movies or spend hours talking about books, movies, TV shows and history. Everyone else around me has had no problem finding someone. When I saw people getting married late in life it would make me think maybe it could still happen for me. Now that I'm in my late 30s I've accepted marriage isn't going to happen. Without my medical problems I still doubt its in the cards but with them. I've gotten to the point that I'm okay with that. Never having children its the hardest one for me and I'm still working on it. Its so hard to give up on never having children even though I know rationally with my medical problems there's no way. I have no idea how long it'll take to figure them out or what that will look like. Normal, semi-disable, or still the same. Normal is a real long shot and by then it could be medically impossible and adoption would probably still be out because of medical history. Who would let their child be adopted by someone who once needed a caretaker not to long ago or who had two different medical problems in her 20s and 30s. There's no way to know a third problem won't develop later.  But I'm working on accepting it.      

Saw this on tumblr, I'm not sure what the original source is. The little girl next to Anna and the boy James is holding look like they could be Davia and Phillip Waller. 

Edit: Ok I found the source, the restaurant posted it along with a picture of the Girls' book :/ I think this might be about as close as we're going to get to a picture from Big Sandy

tumblr_p809owLQMH1wag04ao2_1280.jpg

On 29/04/2018 at 11:14 PM, wendy-sparkles said:

What happens if unmarried / LGBTQIA+ couples want to stay at the RV park??? The horror (!)

2 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

What happens if unmarried / LGBTQIA+ couples want to stay at the RV park??? The horror (!)

My guess is that they will market it as a 'christian' RV park to make it unattractive to 'riff raff'.  

While these types of ventures can be lucrative, I just don't see the Duggars putting in the work it takes to get it there.  They like to half-ass things a lot.  

22 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

My guess is that they will market it as a 'christian' RV park to make it unattractive to 'riff raff'.   

Now, you're giving me daymares. Mandatory Bible Study. Mandatory annual mission trips (grifting required.) Mandatory clothing modesty checks. Requests to watch Duggar offspring and their offspring. Republican voter registration required. Mandatory abortion clinic picket time sign up. Yikes!

Also, I would fear a 50 question admission form in order to stay there for a night or two, or move in for longer, if it is a trailer park.

I've been so some "christian" RV parks. There's usually no pool, because defrauding swimwear. The quiet hours are ridiculous, like 8 pm to 8 am, no alcohol is allowed, and no games in the evenings like bingo, cards, karaoke, or dancing... We avoid Christian RV parks unless we're on our way somewhere and just want to sleep over one night.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:12 PM, WiseGirl said:

Is it bad when I saw this about the RV park that I thought now we know where all the kids will live? Must be the wine lol :my_biggrin::whitewine:

I just hope the Duggarland RV park doesn't have minigolf

On 4/30/2018 at 3:35 AM, SweetJuly said:

Went through my teens thinking I would never find love.

First, and absolutely terrible (slobbery, tasting of onions!), kiss at 17 with a neighbour's son. Then nothing for a long time.

First boyfriend and disappointing sexual experience shortly before my 20th birthday.

First serious relationship at 21.

First boyfriend I thought I would marry at 24, very painful breakup a year and a half later, followed by some sleeping around and casual dating.

Met my husband shortly before my 27th birthday, married two years later.

Clichéd wisdom I had to learn through my own experience:

You are beautiful and you are loveable, even if you think you are quirky or weird. Don't dwell on anything hurtful some jerk once said to you. There will always be someone who doesn't appreciate you, just as there are many people you won't appreciate. However, the right person will appreciate you exactly as you are. 

Be authentic, genuine, be the best you you can be. Fulfil your potential and your dreams, do what makes you happy, put yourself out there - be it in real life or online, connect with people who have similar interests and who make you feel good. We only have one life, so enjoy the ride as much as you can. And if you meet the right person along the way, they will never want to leave your side.

I know you weren't necessarily talking to me but thank you!! I REALLY needed this right now!!! You made alot of great points....my favorite being the one I bolded. In all honesty, once people get to know me, they generally adore me (not to sound full of myself or anything because believe me....I'm not.... but I'm a hard shell to crack. I don't trust easy at all....but once I do trust you....I can be myself and thankfully people that do know me love me.....it's just finding that one person who is willing to take the time i need and be willing to be patient with me until I do trust them. (I hope that made sense...I know what I'm trying to say but I'm home sick and just took nyquil so I'm not sure how that came out)  

On 4/14/2018 at 8:30 PM, SamiKatz said:

Not everyone has Kim Kardashian's photoshop skills, man.

And I thank God for that every night.

On 4/29/2018 at 6:14 AM, wendy-sparkles said:

Because everyone wants to RV camp next to a dump.

Just got back from camping at our local state park. I didn't know Christian RV parks existed. Do you have to be the right kind of Christian? Would the Duggar RV park accept me as an Episcopalian? Is there mandatory church on Sundays?  No pool? I'm not going.

Do RV parks have different zoning than building multiple residences on a property? Maybe more kids will get cabins a la JoKen?

I want to go to the Duggar RV park just so I can say "Happy Resurrection Sunday! Shitter was full!"

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived