IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 33: In touch with gossip

samurai_sarah

On 4/18/2018 at 7:05 PM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

If you are on Tinder and are ever in the Denver, Colorado, area, I suggest you swipe right on this dapper gentleman...

Woooowwww - I’m almost disappointed that I had my profile set to 31 as a minimum age on my profile before I deactivated it! (I was only on it for about a week because I fell pretty hard for the first guy I met through it and have been dating him since the day after I signed up.)

I’m about 50/50 when it comes to selfies. Maybe I should chalk the good ones up to looking young for my age, and the bad ones to my actual chronology seeping through. :wink:

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, justodd said:

Woooowwww - I’m almost disappointed that I had my profile set to 31 as a minimum age on my profile before I deactivated it! (I was only on it for about a week because I fell pretty hard for the first guy I met through it and have been dating him since the day after I signed up.)

Lucky! I've been on Tinder for about a year and I've had nothing but duds. 

Last week I drunkenly convinced my friend to change his Tinder bio to the following (shoutout to any IASIP fans):

Favorite Food: milk steak

Hobbies: magnets

Dislikes: people's knees

No word on how he's doing on reeling in the ladies. 

To me, Josie stands out from all the others as looking most different.  I can't see her in any of the others---I would have thought she was from a different family, actually.  But that appears to be just me!  I'd have to see the little Michelle picture next to one of Josie, I guess. 

59 minutes ago, viii said:

Lucky! I've been on Tinder for about a year and I've had nothing but duds. 

If it’s any consolation, I had no real luck on at least three different OK Cupid accounts, was single for over six years, and in a terrible relationship/marriage for eight years before that. I really lucked out, with this one. 

I was single about 95% of the time in my twenties and early thirties. I met several men on Match who seemed decent and turned out not to be. Even dealing with men who were merely low-key jerks was draining and painful. I met my wonderful husband at the tender age of 35. We married December of 2017. I wish all on Free Jinger all the best in love, in it's many forms. 

On 4/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

pickles does have an interesting post up about what type of program the Duggar's use I guess it's called accelerated christian education and it's so bad it's banned in Norway. 

That's what I used at the Christian school I went to.

10 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I was single about 95% of the time in my twenties and early thirties. I met several men on Match who seemed decent and turned out not to be. Even dealing with men who were merely low-key jerks was draining and painful. I met my wonderful husband at the tender age of 35. We married December of 2017. I wish all on Free Jinger all the best in love, in it's many forms. 

I've been single almost my entire life. My last boyfriend was in high school. I want a relationship, but I have anxiety and commitment issues, so any time a guy expresses interest, I push him away and then bemoan that I'm single. It's so frustrating, and I'm aware that I'm doing it, but I still can't stop myself from repeating the pattern every single time. 

4 minutes ago, viii said:

I've been single almost my entire life. My last boyfriend was in high school. I want a relationship, but I have anxiety and commitment issues, so any time a guy expresses interest, I push him away and then bemoan that I'm single. It's so frustrating, and I'm aware that I'm doing it, but I still can't stop myself from repeating the pattern every single time. 

Oh hi. You're me. :pb_lol: (Laughing with you. Solidarity.)

So glad I'm not alone in this! It sucks wanting something so much and sabotaging yourself every. single. damn. time. 

Hannie is the zenith (or, perhaps, nadir) of God's Duggar Plan ... She is 'Ultimate Duggarling'... She looks like literally every single one of her siblings....

My cousin is an evangelical Christian, and he met his fiancé through Tinder. I met my soon to be ex husband in a bar. I'm new to dating apps. It's a whole new world out there for me lol.

Totally single and not looking here. I divorced after 17 years married. A love life just isnt for me. My best wishes to all FJrs searching for their other half.  I found mine in a cat :)

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I suspect that in terms of general knowledge about various educational subjects, JB's comfort level is likely low. He does not present as an intellect- Michelle was probably a better overall student. JB is opportunistic and cunning.

Does that mean JB is a Slytherin, and Michelle a Ravenclaw? Who am I kidding... they’re both clearly muggles.

8 minutes ago, mpheels said:

Does that mean JB is a Slytherin, and Michelle a Ravenclaw? Who am I kidding... they’re both clearly muggles.

Oh no.. they are squibs and they are bitter about it. If they can't have any magic, neither can anyone else.

3 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

Or the time when most of the kids had chicken pox and JB said “now you won’t get shingles”. 

I was actually taught this at school so...yep.

6 hours ago, karen77 said:

Oh no.. they are squibs and they are bitter about it. If they can't have any magic, neither can anyone else.

Oh geeze, now I just had this image of them as Vernon and Petunia, with Josh as Dudley. Thanks for that! :tw_tongue:

(Although at least Dudley actually learned to be a decent person in the end, so maybe that comparison is a slur on Dudley?)

J'Boob and J'chelle have the attitude they do about education probably for a few reasons:

1. J'Boob has done ok financially without advanced education

2. J'Boob is SO competitive with his sons that Rufus forbid his kids do better than he does.

3. They both swallowed all the IBLP bullshit about education (see above)

Damn shame they can't see what they've done to their children, crippled them for life

17 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

To me, Josie stands out from all the others as looking most different.  I can't see her in any of the others---I would have thought she was from a different family, actually.  But that appears to be just me!  I'd have to see the little Michelle picture next to one of Josie, I guess. 

I see a lot of Joy in Josie, now that she's older.

I'm here to join the singles club...

I was doing completely fine in my twenties- one very long-term relationship and never single for more than six months at a time. 

But then my long-term relationship broke down just before my 30th birthday, and since then it's only been the occasional fling, but mostly just dry spells for the past few years. 

I'm bi too, so I've been managing to do badly with both men and women. 

I don't even have an explanation like self-sabotaging. I can't really see any pattern behind my sudden change in luck. 

Dating apps haven't helped either. 

The people I've known in their 30s who really wanted a relationship and got one did seem to have a few things in common-- they were very persistent and set up date after date, even if they weren't having much luck, and they dated people who weren't quite their ideal at first. So I guess maybe trying harder to date lots and lots of people without stopping, and lowering my standards would help. 

That doesn't sound like much fun, though!

OK - tying together the Harry Potter drift and the app drift:

The Harry Pottery Mystery game/app is available NOW for download!

14 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

I was actually taught this at school so...yep.

That's actually the complete opposite of the truth.  You can only get shingles if you've had chicken pox.  It's the same virus (varicella) and it lies dormant in your body after you've contracted it.  It's from the herpes family of viruses, they all remain dormant after you've contracted them.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived