IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 33: In touch with gossip

samurai_sarah

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/11/2018 at 1:22 PM, nokidsmom said:

I think this is the most likely.   Back when Josh was still the Golden Child, JB may have been fine with letting Josh be in charge.   Not now.   I can see things being set up in a trust spelling it all out or appointing an attorney to handle it.  

I would bet that John David would be the executor, the strong dependable, honest hard working JD, he is everything Josh was expected to be.  

On 5/7/2018 at 6:00 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

I can see the Duggar kids being grabby. Some of them grabbing as much as they can like Josh while the rest grabbing what they can because they have no jobs or means of supporting themselves. Unless that changes and they start getting jobs. If JB has a will and maybe he does. Who would he leave what to who? Like the businesses? He's made sure none of his kids are savvy enough in business not to drive it into the ground. Would he really trust giving it all to Josh? He'll blow through it all and be in ruin in no time. Dividing it among 19 kids? Or just his sons. Given how little he and his wife have prepared their kids to take a care of themselves on their own a lot of them are going to be in for a big shock. Unless they figure it out sooner and get education, skills, something to support their families and themselves.   

Obviously, JB has a will. 

3 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

Jana's face says all the things I felt about this

None of the kids are hugging Michelle or are even standing right next to her.  

On a positive note, is Michelle wearing a real dress? She ditched her uniform jeans skirt and blouse of the day? 

WOW! Go Michelle.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

On a positive note, is Michelle wearing a real dress? She ditched her uniform jeans skirt and blouse of the day? 

WOW! Go Michelle.

With the now almost constant stream of weddings, she probably decided it was easier to wear a dress every day than it was to actually keep track of her children’s major life events. 

The Duggar's are losing their mojo in the "greatest family" race. They could only muster up 6 kids to stand for a stiff awkward photo opp with mom? I totally get this forced to celebrate a woman who was a shit mother.  I dread mother's day for this very reason. This  photo tells me all I need to know about Mechelle as a parent. 

32 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The Duggar's are losing their mojo in the "greatest family" race. They could only muster up 6 kids to stand for a stiff awkward photo opp with mom?

Even Jim Bob is standing at a bit of a distance from her vs. the mini-golf pose...

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The Duggar's are losing their mojo in the "greatest family" race. They could only muster up 6 kids to stand for a stiff awkward photo opp with mom? I totally get this forced to celebrate a woman who was a shit mother.  I dread mother's day for this very reason. This  photo tells me all I need to know about Mechelle as a parent. 

In all fairness, though, I can imagine, when everyone was told to stand by their Mom, Michelle, Johanna, Jennifer, and Jordyn said, "Who?" I am surprised that Precious Miracle Josie isn't in the picture, as she seems to be the only younger child Michelle is interested in.

Well to be fair it does say motherS in "We have been so blessed in our family with mothers that are full of love, integrity, and wisdom" - so Jana, Jill and Jessa do get a mention even if it is Michelle holding the flowers. Or did Jana's finger slip on the keyboard accidentally-on-purpose when she wrote this post? 

3 hours ago, MadameOvary said:

Or did Jana's finger slip on the keyboard accidentally-on-purpose when she wrote this post? 

"It's my time to shine!" Jana raged at the screen deleting the apostrophe, as she found the one and only way she could rebel with without repercussions.

On 4/6/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bad Wolf said:

If they offered me that much, I'd find a way to do it.

Get the app: photomath  It's awesome.  I use it to help my girls with their algebra homework they get from the ebil public school. :)

I wonder...when a child has been adopted within this culture, who are they expected to honor more on Mother's Day - their adoptive mother or birth mother?  Does it matter whether the birth mother is considered fit and loving vs. unfit and abusive as long as they brought the child into the world?  Michelle certainly seems to get a lot more credit for being a mother to her children than the older girls do.  Why is this?  For appearances?

IIRC, Gothard followers were biased against adoption because the sins of birth parents are supposedly visited upon their children.  Why would this matter if they believe in original sin anyway, and also believe that they'd be providing a wholesome environment for the child?  Are children's genetics considered to really matter that much with regard to their ability to grow into well-functioning adults?

On 5/13/2018 at 6:54 PM, mollysmom said:

Shouldn't Jana be holding those flowers?

At least she was acknowledged enough to be in the picture as the only other woman.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder...when a child has been adopted within this culture, who are they expected to honor more on Mother's Day - their adoptive mother or birth mother?  Does it matter whether the birth mother is considered fit and loving vs. unfit and abusive as long as they brought the child into the world?  Michelle certainly seems to get a lot more credit for being a mother to her children than the older girls do.  Why is this?  For appearances?

IIRC, Gothard followers were biased against adoption because the sins of birth parents are supposedly visited upon their children.  Why would this matter if they believe in original sin anyway, and also believe that they'd be providing a wholesome environment for the child?  Are children's genetics considered to really matter that much with regard to their ability to grow into well-functioning adults?

I believe Whitney Bates was adopted, and in her Mother’s Day post she recognized her MIL (Kelly Jo) and her biological mother, although her adoptive parents have been in her life as recently as her pregnancy with Bradley. I don’t know what went on with either set of parents so it would be speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some pressure for her to embrace her birth parents given the likelihood that the Bates embraced each and every one of Gothard’s teachings. I don’t understand that original sin argument whatsoever. I’m curious how the Duggars feel about this, since Tyler was included in their photo.

I think it’s become clear that most fundies only care about mothers from the perspective of nature vs nurture. Whoever brought you into this world is considered your mother regardless if she remembers your birthday or has ever tucked you in at night. Both Michelle and Kelly Jo have reiterated that their children only share a close sibling bond (ex. all those heartbreaking moments where the littles are sobbing at their sister mom’s wedding). Even though they’ve admitted they had “help”, they haven’t gone as far as to acknowledge their daughters’ as mothers to their siblings, only helpers. 

That picture seems so odd to me. Is that the best one they could come up with to post?

On 2018-05-13 at 11:40 PM, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

Jana's face says all the things I felt about this

It really looks like Michelle is holding Janas flowers during the photo. Did JB choose the photo? He’s the only one that doesn’t look akward in it. 

7 hours ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

I believe Whitney Bates was adopted, and in her Mother’s Day post she recognized her MIL (Kelly Jo) and her biological mother, although her adoptive parents have been in her life as recently as her pregnancy with Bradley. I don’t know what went on with either set of parents so it would be speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some pressure for her to embrace her birth parents given the likelihood that the Bates embraced each and every one of Gothard’s teachings. I don’t understand that original sin argument whatsoever. I’m curious how the Duggars feel about this, since Tyler was included in their photo.

There’s been a lot of speculation about Whitney’s parents on her thread. The general consensus is that she wasn’t adopted. She lived with another family as a teenager after some problems developed in her biological family. The foster family was featured at her wedding, so many people thought at that time that she had been adopted. Since then she’s reconnected with her bio family and we haven’t seen the foster family on the show lately. It might just be too confusing; it’s entirely possible that she’s in touch with them.

What are Justin, Jer and all the younger girls doing that's so important they can't be there for the photo/video? Weird they chose to go ahead with the small group, but then again I think all of these Mother's Day/Congratulation videos are so ridiculous considering most live with each other and probably see most everyone else on the regular.

If it's not on camera, it didn't happen...:my_dodgy:

5 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

What are Justin, Jer and all the younger girls doing that's so important they can't be there for the photo/video? Weird they chose to go ahead with the small group, but then again I think all of these Mother's Day/Congratulation videos are so ridiculous considering most live with each other and probably see most everyone else on the regular.

If it's not on camera, it didn't happen...:my_dodgy:

Here’s what I think happened: JB called the kids downstairs to wish their mom a Happy Mother’s Day so they all marched in, hugged Jana, and gave her flowers. Michelle was so offended that she snatched Jana’s flowers, told the boys to stay put for a photo op, and sent everyone else off to the prayer closet for being so forgetful of all the times she was a great mother to them.

6 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

What are Justin, Jer and all the younger girls doing that's so important they can't be there for the photo/video?

Celebrating with their real moms?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived