IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 9: Garrett David Has Arrived

Jellybean

34 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm kinda jealous of how good Kendra's hair looks. She has some seriously thick, pretty hair! 

Even within hours of giving birth, her hair looks better than mine ever will!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kendra looks beautiful. Was this a home birth?

However, I will NEVER celebrate a teen pregnancy. 

This has been the first time in a while that a HOT! thread has been the result of an actual baby! :my_tongue:

Joe looks more worn out/in shock than Kendra does in that picture! 

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

doesn't seem so. she has a hospital bracelet and since it said complication free I would guess Vaginal birth so I would think they just started at the hospital instead of the mad dash the Duggar daughters did. 

3 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Kendra is wearing a medical bracelet in the photo, so it looks like this was at least at a formal birthing center. 

I never thought it would be giggly Kendra who broke the trend, but I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Either way, everyone looks happy and healthy. Congrats to the new family!

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

Kendra is wearing a medical bracelet in the photo, so it looks like this was at least at a formal birthing center. 

I never thought it would be giggly Kendra who broke the trend, but I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Either way, everyone looks happy and healthy. Congrats to the new family!

Kendra and Joe seem to have broken a few Duggar trends. 

1. No social media. 

2. No bump pics 

3. Hospital birth 

4. born before due date (not sure if Anna was early or not but so far all the Duggar daughters have went over) 

Cute baby, good name, Kendra is serving some Kate Middleton postpartum lewks. 

Ten bucks says our next thread drift/FJ drama will be about Josiah's wedding --> bringing very young babies to weddings. I'll give you some sample topics to discuss amongst yourselves: 

Babies: should they be allowed at all?

Will bringing babies to public functions before age 2 cause them irreparable harm?

Are new mothers who don't look like they escaped from a troll-cave through a Cambodian minefield spending too much time on their looks instead of their children? 

Children at weddings: adorable or worse than committing a war crime? 

Kendra looks fabulous! Not that new mothers should ever be expected to "look good" right after birth - but she really does look happy and healthy!

22 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Cool thanks, that makes us feel great. -Signed a mom who had a baby days shy of her 18th bday.

9 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Kendra and Joe seem to have broken a few Duggar trends. 

1. No social media. 

2. No bump pics 

3. Hospital birth 

4. born before due date (not sure if Anna was early or not but so far all the Duggar daughters have went over) 

Anna tends to deliver a little early.

31 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

There's a lot of room for difference between, say, a 13-year-old giving birth and a 19-years-11-months and married. Both are teens by definition.  

So Baby Garrett showed up in plenty of time for his Uncle Si's wedding. Kendra looks great, glad everything seems to have gone smoothly!

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/counting-ons-joe-and-kendra-duggar-welcome-first-child/

Have we seen this video here yet? Kendra and Joe talk about the third trimester (which Kendra is still in in video). Kendra says she isn't as sick as she's been the rest of the time which was new info for me.

They were setting up the nursery and she had received lots of advice on sleeping before labor as much as possible and trying to relax during. 

Joe is going to be there for her "the whole time." 

Kendra looks happy and healthy and a lot more relaxed in that photo than the other first-time Duggar moms, I think. Hopefully it was indeed a hospital birth that went smoothly. She still looks like *such* a baby, but I think that the more pictures we see of her full-on smiling the more mature she looks honestly; i truly hope that marriage (& now motherhood) has helped her be more comfortable and confident, from photos it at least looks like she's less chubby-cheeked-timid-awkward-duckling than she used to. 

Joe looks overjoyed as well, of course, and Garrett is a cutie! 

I like the name, but would like it more if it wasn't so shared around the family.  OTOH, it's not Spurgeon.  Looks like Joe didn't want to pull himself away to shave before the photo.

I'm going to guess, since neither Joseph nor Paul are part of the baby's name, that they will have future sons with first names Joseph and Paul.

I'm glad they decided to have the baby at a hospital or birthing center.  And I think he looks a lot like Joe.

Have we seen any photos of their finished renovation? It looks good from that video, and I’m a sucker for homes lo

Not actually surprised by the name. He looks a sweetie, and Kendra looks ecstatic. 

According to the Lily and Ellie blog he was 7lbs 8oz. Thank god it wasn’t another 10 pounder! 

Garrett is a nice name. I would call him Rett. I’m glad all went smoothly. He looks like a Duggar baby. I bet he and Gideon will be buddies when they are older. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived