IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 9: Garrett David Has Arrived

Jellybean

I (first) was officially 2 weeks early, but everyone suspects that the calculation was off as I was even tinier, smoother, and had more difficulties breathing than one would have suspected at 38 weeks.

My sister (second) was officially 3 weeks early, but again it appears that the calculation may have been off as she had all signs of an overdue baby and the midwife remarked to my mother "this baby is under no circumstances early!"

So not sure what was going on there :D 

My sister had her first one week early.

Jury is still out on me, let's see in a month or so :) 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My father was at least 4 weeks late, and was proud of it until he read that premature babies had higher intelligence scores (I doubt it's true, but he stopped talking about his 'lateness' after that:pb_biggrin:)

Either way, it was a long time ago - dating was probably not that accurate.... and neither was the ObGyn knowledge. My granny was advised to take up smoking during her pregnancy to 'calm her nerves':pb_confused::pb_confused:

My mom had me 4 weeks early, my younger brother I think mom said was a week early. 

I’m 5 weeks from my due date so jury is out on me but I’m planning for ‘any day now’

I was 5 days late (but dating wasn't so hot in the 70's compared to now, so, that could be off by up to 3-4 days eitehr way, I'd think)

My #1 was 2 days early  (charting at conception)

#2 was 2 weeks and 2 days early (IUI for conception)

My two older siblings were a week early, and then I was a week late, but my mom was so used to going early she felt like the pregnancy would never end.

I'm not sure about my oldest brother,but I know my mother had a long long labor ,the a C section,she would not dilate,and my brother had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck.My brother above me was born a day before his due date,another C section.My younger brother and I,both scheduled C sections..about 2 weeks ahead a the due date.

My oldest,5 days of his due date,my middle son...a week ahead of the due date(dr said he/I had ants in our pants and needed to dance) and my youngest 2 days before his due date.

Both my sister and I (who share both parents, I have siblings I share with my dad only) were both born early. Not sure by how much but I was at least 2 weeks early since my mom said I was supposed to be a May baby and I was born in the middle of April. We were both also very fast labors. I was induced with my son but I was only 4 days from my due date and labor took over 20 hours so he was in no hurry to get here. I'm hoping to find a doctor who will let me go into labor naturally next time- I'm curious to see what happens!

With my Mom, her first (a boy) was 4 weeks early because she had a placental abruption one day after being in a relatively minor car accident.

I was next, and her only girl, a scheduled C-section on my due date. My younger brother was also 4 weeks early, another placental abruption (this one spontaneous).

I was her only full term baby, and I was also the smallest. I was just under 7 pounds, and my brothers were just above 7 pounds, despite both being a month early. They're now 6'4 and 6'3.

My daughter was born one day after her due date. An extremely fast labor, and she was just under 7 pounds. I'm 27 weeks with a boy this time, who is measuring two weeks ahead. I swear my belly is as big or bigger right now than it was full-term with my daughter.

My niece was exactly on time. But I suspect that was because my older sister has a way of getting what she wants and things being on time. lol. If er baby was supposed to be born on tuesday- then God help her, that baby best be born on Tuesday.

17 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

My niece was exactly on time. But I suspect that was because my older sister has a way of getting what she wants and things being on time. lol. If er baby was supposed to be born on tuesday- then God help her, that baby best be born on Tuesday.

I have a great-aunt who is like that. She is 92 years old and has already scheduled her death (decided on the year, and what she plans on doing/attending before).

I'm convinced death will not be able to take my great-aunt until she has given her approval.

I was due on my mom's birthday, was 16 days late.  I was 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. She used to say that the day I was born was the only day I've been awake early in my life. I HATE early morning wake-ups!

For my kiddos, Oldest was 2.5 weeks early and 6lbs 13 oz, 21 inches long. Middle was 5 weeks early and 7.7 lbs, 19 inches (but now taller than me AND Oldest!), and Youngest 1.5 weeks early after my hip dysplasia got really bad, he still hadn't dropped and the midwife decided to strip my membranes to see if she could get him to move. My water full out broke 20 minutes later and he was still -4 station until about 30 seconds before he was born. He was also 6 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches. Youngest was all natural (OWCH!), Middle was an epidural and Youngest was Pitocin and epidural. I think it just varies.

My mom was induced with me because I was giving her high blood pressure and she was on bed rest for the last month. (She's still mad about the bed rest.) I was early because of it - not sure how early - just I think I was supposed to be a week or two later. Which is REALLY funny - because my sisters and I have birthdays that are exactly 10 days apart (think Jan 1st, Jan 11th and Jan 18th). So if I was born a week later - we'd all have been in the same 10 day window... 

My son (adopted) was born at 31w5d and was in a HUGE hurry to make his entrance. He was nearly born in the ambulance. His brother (who is with birth mom) was also about that early. 

See according to the ladies in the nursing home my mom works with, "first babies didn't always need 9 months!" 

(You know, the 8 pound premature baby born to Steve and Sue, who married 7 months ago) :giggle:

lol Yeah, that old saying - 'Most babies take nine months to arrive, but first babies can come at anytime!' Wink wink. In my case, though, my parents had been married for over five years before I decided to surprise them. :pb_lol:

4 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

the 8 pound premature baby born to Steve and Sue, who married 7 months ago

My mother was an 8-pound preemie, born 5 months after her parents were married. And she never knew it, but I did... lol

My mom was born 10 months after her parents got married. I was two weeks overdue and I was 8 lbs. 4 ounces. My brother was right on time and 7 lbs and 11 ounces. My first child was two days early, my youngest two days late. My husband as early and weight 5 lbs. 9 ounces.

3 hours ago, neurogirl said:

See according to the ladies in the nursing home my mom works with, "first babies didn't always need 9 months!" 

(You know, the 8 pound premature baby born to Steve and Sue, who married 7 months ago) :giggle:

My grandma told me that when we told the family I was pregnant.  "First babies take as long as they like, second one takes 9 months."  

Thanks Grandma, I just celebrated my 2 year wedding anniversary 3 months before telling you. Even elephants don't gestate that long.

My dad was born nine months, almost to the day after his parents married, Gran swears he was a honeymoon baby. 

My son was exactly on time... The dr. put my due date on 9/28, I have longer cycles than 28 days, and calculated my due date as 10/3.... He split the difference, and came on 10/1...

He was my first (only), but he was born just shy of my 5 yr wedding anniversary... I guess first babies can take as long as they like :P

I was a day early. 7lb 11oz. My dad was two weeks late, and 10lb. I don’t actually know about my brother or mother. 

My older son was born 2 days after my due date, so kinda right on time, and was 7 lbs 1 oz. Second took his sweet time and was over a week late. I was supposed to be induced 10/2, he was born on 10/1 at 8 lbs even. He’s still a little punk who takes his sweet time with everything. Had epidural early with the first, but when #2 arrived he decided enough was enough and came out 1 hour after I got to the hospital. Not enough time for the epidural to take full effect, I still felt A LOT. Oh well. I forgot the pain quickly enough when the baby was in my arms. 

Hoping Kendra has a safe and easy delivery, with no complications.

My two were each about 4 or 5 days early. But our first was born 9 1/2 years after we married, so no finger counting when we announced. :my_biggrin:

10 hours ago, Nargus said:

My grandma told me that when we told the family I was pregnant.  "First babies take as long as they like, second one takes 9 months."  

Thanks Grandma, I just celebrated my 2 year wedding anniversary 3 months before telling you. Even elephants don't gestate that long.

When I was in my first trimester, I commented at a family gathering that I wasn't showing very much yet. My husband's niece said, "Well, you'll probably show more when you're at 10 or 11 months." (She was about 10 years old.) I think I laughed. Hope I didn't hurt her feelings! :my_blush:

My mum was really offended when I suggested her parents might have jumped the gun - she was born 8 months and one week after they married. Sorry mum. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived