IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 9: Garrett David Has Arrived

Jellybean

21 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Wow, almost exactly 9 months after the wedding!

Since he was born yesterday, it’s actually 9 months exactly.

I am not surprised she had him early. I also hope that since she appears to have had a hospital/birthing center birth, that experience went well and can inspire the Duggar daughters not to go down the home birth route, but of course we don’t know all the details yet.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Wow, almost exactly 9 months after the wedding!

it was 9 months after the wedding. they married September 8th and I find it hilarious that the Ellie blog takes time to mention he was born on his parents nine month anniversary. 

9 months exactly is the shortest time between wedding and birth of the Duggars. If I’m remembering correctly.

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Garrett is a nice name. I would call him Rett. I’m glad all went smoothly. He looks like a Duggar baby. I bet he and Gideon will be buddies when they are older. 

I'm sure Mason, Gideon and Garrett will be having lots of play dates at the TTH. Maybe with Samuel and Henry thrown in. It makes me wonder how baby Girl V will grow up. All the other cousins are with in a short distance of each other and probably see each other weekly if not more well baby girl V will see them rarely. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

9 months exactly is the shortest time between wedding and birth of the Duggars. If I’m remembering correctly.

actually wasn't Gid born less then 9 months after Jostin's wedding. he was born FEB 23rd and they were married May 26th

6 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

It makes me wonder how baby Girl V will grow up.

Hoping against hope (hmm, wonder if that will be her name? lol) that she'll grow up in a normal-sized family and that her parents will have an epiphany that their fundiness is bullshit and become more tolerant.

5 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

actually wasn't Gid born less then 9 months after Jostin's wedding. he was born FEB 23rd and they were married May 26th

I actually did the math (don't judge), and both Garrett and Gideon were born 273 days after their parents' weddings, so they're tied if you go by days.

5 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I actually did the math (don't judge), and both Garrett and Gideon were born 273 days after their parents' weddings, so they're tied if you go by days.

Teenage brides get pregnant quick I guess. :-/

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Teenage brides get pregnant quick I guess. :-/

Technically, Jill got pregnant just as quickly, she was just way overdue.

I'm kinda disappointed in the new baby name - Garrett David. It's overused and boring.

I have a cousin named Garrett and know of tons of students with that name. Plus it is Joesph's middle name and Anna's son Mason's middle name.

Maybe Jinger will give her daughter a more interesting name.  

8 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

I'm kinda disappointed in the new baby name - Garrett David. It's overused and boring.

I have a cousin named Garrett and know of tons of students with that name. Plus it is Joesph's middle name and Anna's son Mason's middle name.

Maybe Jinger will give her daughter a more interesting name.  

it seems to be going down in popularity it is currently 320 in the U.S. down from 209 in 16 and it has dropped every year since 2000, didn't look past 2000 that year it was 74

At least it isn't spelled stupidly.  

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Cute baby, good name, Kendra is serving some Kate Middleton postpartum lewks. 

Ten bucks says our next thread drift/FJ drama will be about Josiah's wedding --> bringing very young babies to weddings. I'll give you some sample topics to discuss amongst yourselves: 

Babies: should they be allowed at all?

Will bringing babies to public functions before age 2 cause them irreparable harm?

Are new mothers who don't look like they escaped from a troll-cave through a Cambodian minefield spending too much time on their looks instead of their children? 

Children at weddings: adorable or worse than committing a war crime? 

You forgot a few:

- Kendra still has a bump and doesn’t look flawless?  What a slob! Clean yourself up to be presentable, it’s part of your job!

- That dress isn’t nursing friendly. Cue formula versus breastmilk meltdowns. 

- BUT WHAT ABOUT POLIO AND MEASLES?! Why would anyone ever bring a baby that young anywhere prior to getting them vaccinated?! ELEVENTY!!!!!

I don't love the name but I think it was nice that he chose his middle name and his grandfather's name. I'm glad they chose a hospital or birth centre birth.

8 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

At least it isn't spelled stupidly.  

Yeah, because Jhairitte would just be weird -- but on J-point.

Rufus bless the newest Duggar, she looks like the big sister holding the baby. I'm not talking about her baby face, all the photos of Duggar girls they look exhausted. She looks happy and well rested. I'm guessing they went with the hospital birth and that is why they look so chill.  Cute baby, cute name.  

I'm really pleased with the name.  It's nice, not overly religious, not spelled creatively. It doesn't bother me that his cousin has it as a middle name...I don't really think middle names count as 'names' in the same way that first names do when you're counting whether names are shared in the family.

I could tell you 3 of my 16 cousins' middle names, and that's only because I learned a few months ago that three daughters from the same family all got the same middle name. I made it to my mid-30s without knowing this.  All the Duggar kids will have so many cousins I seriously doubt there will be any awareness of middle names in that generation. 

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

You forgot a few:

- Kendra still has a bump and doesn’t look flawless?  What a slob! Clean yourself up to be presentable, it’s part of your job!

- That dress isn’t nursing friendly. Cue formula versus breastmilk meltdowns. 

- BUT WHAT ABOUT POLIO AND MEASLES?! Why would anyone ever bring a baby that young anywhere prior to getting them vaccinated?! ELEVENTY!!!!!

And just for fun, the two Duggar wedding-related bingo cards I made. The first is for the actual Duggar wedding (which I've actually updated a bit since the last time I posted it):

Spoiler

fjbingo2.png.a2ccd87a3b22122ba2c1d7fdcc79ef2c.png

And the second is for the ensuing FJ discussion of said wedding:

Spoiler

fjbingo.png.a912f503237f8f43537c7c7a4153e49c.png

And of course there's the classic, which unfortunately didn't make the bingo card because it's kind of subsumed in other categories: "Couldn't she run a brush through her hair?"

16 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And just for fun, the two Duggar wedding-related bingo cards I made. The first is for the actual Duggar wedding (which I've actually updated a bit since the last time I posted it):

Hide contents

fjbingo2.png.a2ccd87a3b22122ba2c1d7fdcc79ef2c.png

And the second is for the ensuing FJ discussion of said wedding:

Reveal hidden contents

fjbingo.png.a912f503237f8f43537c7c7a4153e49c.png

And of course there's the classic, which unfortunately didn't make the bingo card because it's kind of subsumed in other categories: "Couldn't she run a brush through her hair?"

I will be on baby watch to see how many of them I spot since we have at least 5 under a year. 

Gid

Garrett

Mason

Sam (I don't see this wedding going past his first birthday but maybe) 

and Lauren's baby brother what ever his name is.

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

and Lauren's baby brother what ever his name is.

That's another thing I'd love to know - what are Lauren's siblings' names? I think we figured out that one brother was David(?) but the rest are mysteries. I'd also love to know how people figured out her middle name was Milagro.

Cute baby

Decent name 

Average weight

Hospital/Birth Center Delivery

Happy parents

Seems like we might have a normal delivery. Hope this a trend going forward.

Never fails. I stop watching fj topics, and somebody gets married, courts or gives birth.

With Garrett being so common in this family, and the trend of using family names being popular with second gen Duggars, I really hope Spurgeon or Wilberforce don't get reused.

I wonder if Joken will have all G named children? As much as alliterative naming is cheesy, it makes the guessing process more fun. Come to think of it, maybe Joystin will do a G theme.

I'm guessing the Siren wedding will be tomorrow.

Well the time has finally come. I don’t care about what these people are doing anymore. Someone kindly notify me when one of the Duggar women gets a degree.

I hope that hospital bracelet meant Jill stayed far away. The name is super boring and overused though. How hard is it to think outside the box? Glad everything went smoothly though. 

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Cute baby, good name, Kendra is serving some Kate Middleton postpartum lewks. 

Ten bucks says our next thread drift/FJ drama will be about Josiah's wedding --> bringing very young babies to weddings. I'll give you some sample topics to discuss amongst yourselves: 

Babies: should they be allowed at all?

Will bringing babies to public functions before age 2 cause them irreparable harm?

Are new mothers who don't look like they escaped from a troll-cave through a Cambodian minefield spending too much time on their looks instead of their children? 

Children at weddings: adorable or worse than committing a war crime? 

For real. She just gave birth and looks more put together than I do on an average day.

Can I start the thread drift now? Gotta have children at weddings, they unintentionally serve as entertainment during the ceremony. Like the little flower girl at one wedding I went to who stopped to pose for the camera. Or the one who lost her shoe, put it in her basket, and kept going. I was impressed. She was like 2 and I know adults who aren’t that responsible.

2 hours ago, Markie said:

I can see Garrett and Gideon wearing matching tuxedo onesies for Uncle Si’s wedding.

Oh man that would be so cute. I went to an event the other day and there was a baby wearing a bow tie. Too cute.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived