IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 9: Garrett David Has Arrived

Jellybean

Wonderful news about the baby. Did we know she was pregnant? 

:D

do we remember the time they got married....if it is to the day hmmm 

where was I ?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a good chance that JB  and M will have 100 grandchildren. Can you imagine having that many cousins? 50 would be a lot.

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

There's a good chance that JB  and M will have 100 grandchildren. Can you imagine having that many cousins? 50 would be a lot.

I can't. I knew a couple of people with about 30 cousins, which still sounds insane to me. I have 3.

Cute baby. I picked Garrett as a middle name not a first. Its the closest I've ever gotten to guessing correcting in the baby naming game. I'm glad they went to a hospital. Good hopefully other siblings will do that too.

32 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

My dad thinks he has that many cousins. He doesn't know for sure. He doesn't know most of them. My grandma is kind of the same, she probably doesn't have 100, but her father had 13 siblings and I don't think she'd even be able to tell me how many cousins she has on that side. I definitely can't imagine that, personally. But I guess it ends up kind of being irrelevant if they're not really part of your life.

Kendra and Joe look very happy to me, the baby is adorable. I hope she gave birth in a hospital. Glad to know there was no complications.

I'm at 43 cousins and I've met maybe 1/4 so far? But my aunts/uncles aren't done yet so I feel like it could reach 50 in the next 5-10 years.

I also got low key confused because I saw a G name and thought we were talking about Gideon before seeing it was about Kendra and Joe. So glad that they've had a hopeful hospital birth and everything went well! But of course sucks about the cult.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Can I start the thread drift now? Gotta have children at weddings, they unintentionally serve as entertainment during the ceremony.

My wedding was pretty non-trad... I knew there would be littles at the reception, and they all got a "busy bag" of goodies to keep them from becoming screaming meanies.  It worked.

None of them were THAT entertaining, but your story of the kid with the shoe in the basket is pretty adorable.

Let's start the PB/kids at weddings feud.  JK!

55 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

My dad thinks he has that many cousins. He doesn't know for sure. He doesn't know most of them. My grandma is kind of the same, she probably doesn't have 100, but her father had 13 siblings and I don't think she'd even be able to tell me how many cousins she has on that side. I definitely can't imagine that, personally. But I guess it ends up kind of being irrelevant if they're not really part of your life.

I honestly can't tell you how many cousin's I have.  I believe I have 16 on my moms side. but then a few uncles probably have kids they don't even know about out there. my dad on the other hand was one of thirteen  and well grew up with only four cousins on that side there are so many more that I don't even know (Blended family)

I have four first cousins and four second cousins (the children of my mother’s cousins). Incidentally, one of my mother’s cousins is the only religious person in the family; he’s the headmaster of a Catholic prep school. (He was originally Anglican and converted in 1999 before being ordained the following year; I know Catholic priests are supposed to be celibate but I believe exceptions can be made in cases of Protestant clergymen who convert, and he was married with two kids by then.) 

I’m the oldest grandchild, and the only granddaughter (younger brother, and four younger male cousins). For that reason, I’d be super happy if I had a daughter, although of course if I had a son I’d love him just the same, plus I know what boys can be like! 

Where does David comes from? I know it’s Israel’s middle name too. And someone elses I can’t remember. 

33 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Where does David comes from? I know it’s Israel’s middle name too. And someone elses I can’t remember. 

John David. 

daaaaaaamn Kendra looks amazing for just producing a tiny human.  I get the same vibe from her as I do Priss Waller.  They seam happy with a simple life, and try/will try to have happy children.  Time will tell but I would rather have Kendra then Jill Dillard as a mom.  That is, until they get older and school becomes more important and they have so many children they can’t cope. 

49 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I don't think it was a Duggar family name just something Jim Bob and Michelle liked. as for Jill and Derick i think Derick may have had an uncle named David. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope that hospital bracelet meant Jill stayed far away. The name is super boring and overused though. How hard is it to think outside the box? Glad everything went smoothly though. 

I'm kind of imagining Jill barging into the hospital and loudly announcing to the nurses that she should toooootally get to help because she's a certified midwife. That's more JRod than JDill, though. JDill would show up and talk over the nurses/repeat their instructions to Kendra but in a slightly louder voice. 

2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Kendra and Joe look very happy to me, the baby is adorable. I hope she gave birth in a hospital. Glad to know there was no complications.

It looks like Kendra has a hospital bracelet on, maybe there is hope for them.

They look really happy and healthy! And a normal sized baby as well. I think Henry and some of Anna's children were also normal sized?

I will also say here that Jinger might be earlier than her due date as well, since she is having a girl. (Boys carry longer statistically, if I remember correctly, but please correct me if I'm wrong).

The Duggar grand-children now stand at a whopping:

9 boys

2 girls

I think the numbers will never that much in favor of boys again, much as it was with Michelle having 5 girls and 10 boys at one point.

I have 10 cousins on one side and 11 on the other. My father has over 40 cousins but he doesn’t know most of them. I think that once you go over 20-30 it’s impossible to keep in close contact with all of them.

Until now the children of my cousins all know each other (7 on one side, 3 on the other) but once more of my cousins (and me) start having more kids that will be  more difficult.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm kind of imagining Jill barging into the hospital and loudly announcing to the nurses that she should toooootally get to help because she's a certified midwife. That's more JRod than JDill, though. JDill would show up and talk over the nurses/repeat their instructions to Kendra but in a slightly louder voice. 

I fear I’m going to be sitting here the rest of my life as horrid visions of JRod as a midwife dance in my head. I’m imagining those green eyeliner googlie eyes peering up from my lady region, sipping Plexus, and occasionally calling poor tragic paralyzed Amy to remind her that her baby making days are over. 

Off hand, I have 20 + cousins. Some I haven't seen in years, I'm embarrassed to say. Last time I saw some of them was in the summer of 2007. I'd fix that pretty quickly if flights were not so expensive. 

I didn't even know she was pregnant! How long ago were they married? 

I have around 40 cousins and I know most of them. Some I actively avoid. 

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I didn't even know she was pregnant! How long ago were they married? 

I have around 40 cousins and I know most of them. Some I actively avoid. 

They got married exactly 9 Months before the baby was born (but she was due the 17th)

11 hours ago, GreenTea said:

Maybe Jinger will give her daughter a more interesting name.  

You mean like Spurgeon? :my_biggrin:

I have 20 first cousins and I loved growing up with them. Some were my closest friends growing up. I was lucky that many of us were so similar in age. We had so much fun together when we were growing up. Now at family reunions our kids (who are all second cousins) are close in age and have lots of fun together. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived