IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 9: Garrett David Has Arrived

Jellybean

49 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Yes. They could not afford to prudish. I love that book as well. When you had so few bodies and so much work  every child was a potential source of labour and they usually wanted girls as well as boys to help their mothers. 

Yes, that's another myth. That women working is new. Ah no its really old. Unless they were born into a really wealthy family they always had to work. Mothers worked. They worked in factories. They worked on farms. They worked in shops and stores. Girls worked. Why did they work? Because they had too.  They needed the money to support their families. Farming and other jobs required everyone in the house to work. Mothers who stayed at home and took care of the kids? They worked too. Taking care of the kids, getting lunch and dinner, do laundry and getting stuff done. They didn't have any of the modern conveniences. My dad talks about how hard his mother worked every day as stay at home mother. Once the last kid was in school she got a job at clothing store to bring in extra money. My other grandmother was a nurse. Her mother worked in stores, factories and dozen other places. Both of my dad's grandparents were farmers.   The world of ye old days Fundies want to go back to never existed. Women worked, priests, ministers and others have married couples with a bun in the oven and the world did not come to an end.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't open the link grrr

It says autorization denied 

I’m glad to see her hospital bracelet and hope that was planned from the start and there were no emergencies 

Born June 8 at 1:36pm

7lb 8 oz and 20.5 inches long

The article says "Kendra delivered without complications"

I also think Joe looks very happy and very kind. 

13 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I can't open the link grrr

It says autorization denied 

Me too. I noticed a lot of American news sites doing that lately. I think it might be the European data protection thingy.

Funny thing though that I was just coming here just now to trawl through and catch up (after weeks of barely being online) wondering how far along Kendra was and thinking her due date must be coming up soon.

She look great! Glad that everything is gone well and seams easy 

I'm kinda jealous of how good Kendra's hair looks. She has some seriously thick, pretty hair! 

I'm glad to see no complications, I don't think I could deal with another hospital rush to patch up a home-birth mess. 

Baby Kendra and her new baby look great and really happy. I like the name choice using family name.

Cute baby! I'm glad they all seem to be doing well.  

2 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Is David a family name?

John David? So yes! 

11 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I’m glad to see her hospital bracelet and hope that was planned from the start and there were no emergencies 

Maybe her parents have some common sense and convinced not to do it the Duggar way

Cheers to a formal medical birthing and an average weight newborn.  Perhaps this will help change the trend.

well looks like Kendra and Joe were smarter then the Duggar sisters so that's a plus the name is okay except it has to be shared among so many people in the family which I hate. one family name okay but the kid is already coming into the world having to share every part of his name. At least it's not Spurgeon though so...

nice size baby no ten pounder for Kendra though the fact that she had a complication free avarage size baby will probably mean many kids in her future. I guess we'll see how fast they announce baby number 2. 

now just to wait for the JInger baby. now that one will be interesting first first girl in three years (Meredith turns three next month hmm wonder if JInger will  give birth  on her birthday that's around her due date)  plus first Duggar daughter to have a daughter. 

Just realised that I now have the dreaded shared birthday with a Duggar! Haha! Not that I care at all. I never understood when people freak out over a potential birth day for new Duggar babies clashing with their own or a loved one. 

Little Garrett picked a good birth day to be born.

So he got a hospital birth: tick

good decent weight: tick

no complications: tick

But will he have the JB baby nose?

Aww, Garrett is a cutie. Kendra looks great, they all look happy.

1 minute ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Just realised that I now have the dreaded shared birthday with a Duggar! Haha! Not that I care at all. I never understood when people freak out over a potential birth day for new Duggar babies clashing with their own or a loved one. 

Little Garrett picked a good birth day to be born.

So he got a hospital birth: tick

good decent weight: tick

no complications: tick

But will he have the JB baby nose?

I do too lol, mine is the 8th as well!

Sweet name and baby. My cousin is named Garrett, I never liked it but I like that it has a familial link for them. I forgot she was pregnant. Hopefully she gets at least a year before the next pregnancy, may the odds be ever in her favor. 

Edit: wow I just read what I wrote and clearly I just wrote all the things. :pensive:

18 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

John David? So yes! 

OMG thank you. That was silly of me. Rufus bless. 

3 minutes ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

Who won the name guess? I know Garrett was suggested a lot

@Bugaboo won the name guess! Garrett wasn't guessed as a first name a lot. Mostly as a middle! 

They look wonderful. Glad the birth went well. I like the name. I wish they didn’t live on the compound, but since Joseph works for his family business, I guess it’s convenient. He’s a first grandchild for Kendra’s parents so I imagine he’ll be doted upon. Garrett has a sweet round face like his mama.

27 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Is David a family name?

Both names are:

John David Duggar

Israel David Dillard

Garrett Ruark (I think that was Michelle’s father’s name)

Joseph Garrett Duggar

Mason Garrett Duggar

ETA: So for whoever was wondering when the grandkids would start sharing names, you can count that as starting yesterday. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived