IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

I just don’t get how anyone could be attracted to Kody. He’s far from the best looking dude and he’s just such a douchenozzle.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I think she wants to move and use the move as a catalyst to allow her to reset things and better isolate her kids to influence them into making plural marriages and staying in the fold.  

Agreed. Mariah said a while back had they stayed in Utah, and a part of their church she probably would have gone on to be a polygamist because that is what you are supposed to do. The move to Las Vegas, and going away to college opened up her world allowed her to come to terms with being gay, and gave her the opportunity to live her life the way she wanted to. I am glad Mariah was able to come out, and live her life, that probably wouldn't have happened if they stayed in the AUB church. Robyn went from fourth to legal wife, and makes it clear she gets along with Kody and doesn't have the turmoil he does with his other wives. Now Robyn needs to prove she is the best mom be having her children choose to live as polygamist, and it is less likely to happen if they continue living in Vegas. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I labeled Kody as a self-absorbed dolt before he married Robin.  She made him eggs for breakfast and he oh honey no you put pepper on it.  I'll have Christine teach you how to cook my eggs.  Which had me all - wait you never mentioned to this woman you're dating/courting/engaged to that you dislike pepper - what the hell?

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

On 2/17/2019 at 6:48 PM, SilverBeach said:

Kody really has an asshole and Christine is a wimp. Nobody mentioned that  they need to buy new houses wherever they go, and markets may be up there, consuming whatever profits they make by leaving LV. Those poor kids, he doesn't give a damn about them. Kody really gets on my nerves. Dismantling one household is a big disruption, let alone four of them. He needs to sit his ass down somewhere.

They move way too damn much! Kody has wanderlust, which would be fine if he was single.

I'm not caught up but, the cost of living in Flagstaff is really high. They call it poverty with a view. If they can afford to buy land there, then all of the "we don't have money for Meri" was bullshit for a storyline. People buy manufactured homes on postage stamp lots for $200,000 in Flagstaff. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Kody was so insufferable this episode. I’ve never been a fan but the way he was so dismissive of his wives and children it was just disgusting. Sure, kids can adjust to many situations. But should they have to in this case? No. I think Kody is bored with Vegas now and will use any excuse to move and he doesn’t care at what cost. I think Robyn is on board because she is conservative at heart and Vegas is a bit much for her. I’ve really grown to like Christine and Janelle and I think they are losing a lot by being forced to move (especially their children). When they discussed how many times they had moved prior as kody’s choice (something like Utah, Wyoming, Montana, back to Wyoming and Utah. Maybe some Idaho?) I was like this guy just enjoys moving. He should at least own the real reason and not pretend to be putting “family first”. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, DaisyD said:

I'm not caught up but, the cost of living in Flagstaff is really high. They call it poverty with a view. If they can afford to buy land there, then all of the "we don't have money for Meri" was bullshit for a storyline. People buy manufactured homes on postage stamp lots for $200,000 in Flagstaff. 

Yup, they do. We spent the good part of 6 months debating if we wanted to do just that to buy something in Flag. We did not take the plunge, and bought a trailer instead, so we can camp in Flag...

• Upvote 4

Not only is Flagstaff really expensive, the job market is heavily driven by tourism and the hospitality industry. What stable jobs there are, there are fewer of them, and they pay less than comparable jobs in Phoenix. People graduate from Northern Arizona University and then go on to Phoenix to find jobs. It happened to me, my brother and sister-in-law, and my friends. Not only that, the downtown area has a very heavy "hippy, new-age" vibe and is not as conservative as other parts of Arizona. I think Kody and Robyn will be in for some culture shock during their visit. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

The job market is awful there. There are so many 18+ from the college that high school kids struggle to find employment. Most places don't even hire under 18 anymore.

• Upvote 4

I know that this has been discussed to death, but  . .. the hair?  Can we talk about the hair?

I am not a regular watcher, but couldn't turn away from the hair on this week's episode. 

• Haha 13
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I know that this has been discussed to death, but  . .. the hair?  Can we talk about the hair?

I am not a regular watcher, but couldn't turn away from the hair on this week's episode. 

It's gotten aggressively worse! I thought I had reached a point where I could ignore it, but this week it was the main character. Well that and Kody's thinly veiled bid for a future political run, and Robin's "oh I'm so conflicted about moving just like my sister wives except not really because Kody and I picked now for this move but the others can't know that, so look at me, I'm so conflicted!" Act.

I have a very hard time with Robin, honestly.  There are times it really comes across that Kody and Robin are the married couple and the others are sort of along for the ride. Janelle had completely valid arguments, but I felt that Kody was behaving more like he was humoring the opinion of a sister whose family lived with them rather than like someone listening to his spouse.  Like he was hearing her out, but ultimately, she doesn't really get a choice if she wants to keep living with his and Robin's family.

This week gave me a full on migraine, but I expect in a couple of decades I'll see the joy in this family, just like Janelle!

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

It annoys me that he is incapable of doing something like having a coordinated schedule in his phone to help all the women.

And yeah, he’s totally dialed into Robin. Notice how he knows about the youngest two’s needs in detail...but poor Christine needed to remind him for three days to get her kids stuff on his schedule.

I’m not sure I would go so far as to accuse Robin as being a completely manipulative harridan and evil-doer. But yeah, she’s the one who can talk to him. 

Janelle is funny. I believe her that they have more fun when they all go away together. Leave Kody out of it.

I am so curious as to what the new housing setup will be.

Janelle is also practical. She admitted that she needs less bedrooms (love that about her) But, does Meri still need a wet bar? 

Who thinks Robin and Kody binge watched Big Love at some point?

• Upvote 15

I was surprised when Kody admitted he was 50. I’m sure he thinks he is still a young, studly guy attractive to all the women he meets. Perhaps his wives believe that as well.  

I find myself missing what he is saying because that scraggly mess on his head keeps distracting me.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Sequoia said:

I have a very hard time with Robin, honestly. 

Can't stand her.

11 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

But, does Meri still need a wet bar? 

LOLOLOL! Meri never needed all those damn bedrooms but she had to be on par with everyone else. Selfish.

11 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Who thinks Robin and Kody binge watched Big Love at some point?

I loved Big Love!

• Upvote 4

I wonder how they're liking all that snow Flagstaff is getting. They're breaking records out there this week with 40+ inches since Thursday. 

• Upvote 7

I don't understand why the Brown parents are so committed to paying for the kids weddings.  I applaud them for making paying for college a priority, but why the weddings?  I agree with those who find Robin annoying- at this point she is the legal wife will have the most kids at home for the longest time period.  I wouldn't be surprised if she wound up being the one with the "big house" and other three get substantially smaller homes.  

From the beginning, I thought the Brown's wanting to have four equally large houses was strange when they spout out all this crap about being "one family". 

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

It annoys me that he is incapable of doing something like having a coordinated schedule in his phone to help all the women.

Seriously, this family is the poster child for Google Calendar. Jeez.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

I think some of it has to do with their residual feelings about their own wedding days. They always flashback to how they had to be secretive and rushed.

So, whether or not the girls are interested, they will pay. I am curious as to what Mariah wants in this department. I suspect Meri vs. Mariah. vs. Everyone else’s opinion will be a headache.

Mitch and Aspyn vs Tony and Mykelti were quite a contrast.  It must be hard to have that much immediate family. 

I respect Logan and Christine for steering clear. 

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Seriously, this family is the poster child for Google Calendar. Jeez.

Maybe the Maxwell Clan can help them out with a Godly schedule and stuff.  That would be fun tv.

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

Kody just made me so mad this episode. Completely dismissing how great the kids are doing and how the move might affect them because he wants to move.

I'm a bit older than the oldest Brown kids, and I've seen that most parents of people around my age (and older) are thrilled if we choose to live within an hour or two of them. It makes me question some of how much Kody really cares about and wants to spend time with his adult children if hes willing to move away from the place that quite a few of them will be for at least a few years, possibly permanently (without a solid reason that he needs to move). His utter disregard for what's best for his kids this season is seriously upsetting. I had hope for him as a loving father based on his reaction to Mariah coming out, but between how hes acting about Ysabel and this move I no longer believe that.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Kody arrived on considering Flagstaff, AZ because he wanted a conservative state, but a liberal town. He said he likes the values of AZ, and feels it is realistic for their quality of life. I wish he would specify what he means by conservative; my guess it includes the state’s gun laws. Kody said his wives want a pretty area, he wants affordable. If I took a drink every time they mentioned that Flagstaff had trees I would need my stomach pumped. Robyn said they looked at/considered the states surrounding Utah. Last week’s episode focused on the move being a fiscally responsible move, yet the housing cost in Flagstaff is higher than Las Vegas. So why is Flagstaff in the running if it doesn’t make sense financially? Kody took Robyn, Breanna and Aurora to visit Flagstaff, and they all liked it. Robyn when discussing their visit with Meri doesn’t want to influence Meri, and doesn’t say too much. Christine and Kody visit Flagstaff, look at model homes, and lots for sale. Christine loves the last lots they look at which Robyn looked at on her visit and also loved. A quick google search showed they bought four parcels, totaling almost 15 acres for $820,000 in June 2018. So they will build, and rent in the meantime. Janelle and Kody both expressed a love of the outdoors, and Flagstaff offers that. Flagstaff doesn’t have the extreme summer heat, and has pine trees it sounds like those were the two deciding factors. 

Janelle was not on board with moving when Kody did his presentation last episode, was adamant she didn’t want to do that to her kids again, but five weeks later is excited about the move. She was worried Gabriel would not be happy with the move, and he is not pleased. Gabriel just lettered in wrestling, is now on varsity, with hopes of becoming the team captain senior year, plus he has a girlfriend-- he has no desire to move. Gabriel asks Maddie if he can continue to live with her in Las Vegas, and she says no. Janelle said you are moving with us. Savannah is fine with moving. My understanding is Gabe and Savannah will be the only children of Janelle’s moving to AZ. 

Mariah and Audrey are moving in with Meri for the summer. Kody asked is one going to stay at Christine’s house? Kody said we do not allow our children to live together under our roof. Meri said no they will both live at her house, but in separate rooms. Kody wants Meri to have that conversation with the girls, he is too busy researching where to move. Mariah and Audrey visit and make an announcement Mariah was accepted to Loyola in Chicago and she will be getting her masters in social work and social justice. Audrey and Mariah will be moving together to Chicago, and Audrey will be looking for a job in advertising. Some family members expected the announcement to be an engagement. Kody said Audrey is the first person Mariah dated, and wondered if that was enough, would she be ready to get married without more dating experience. Meri and Christine pointed out Kody was the first person either of them dated. This was filmed spring 2018, and Mariah and Audrey got engaged in Jan 2019. 

Aspyn and Mitch go for dance lessons for their first dance as a married couple. The parents say dancing isn’t common with polygamist weddings, but both Meri and Robyn had dancing at their weddings. 

Mykelti and Tony were at the Mariah announcement, and Christine said Mykelti is ready for babies, but Tony said no we made a plan to hold off (presumably get financially stable, not sure of their jobs/college situation), and need to follow it. They were not interviewed, so no M and T update. 

To keep the drama going Christine and Meri sit down to discuss their chat from Dec 2017 when Christine told Meri she brings a lot of baggage with her every time she enters a room. Meri said she didn’t feel safe with that conversation, felt attacked and wished the conversation had been more private (so not in front of cameras is my guess). I don’t know how this chat changed or improved things. Christine and Meri used to be close in Utah, when they lived together, and when the kids were younger. Christine said after she had Truly, she pulled away from all her relationships, with Kody and her sister wives. Christine said she really struggled for a while, and Robyn helped her. Christine said she had to become a likable and lovable person. The “keep sweet” mentality rang true. They flashed back to Meri and Christine chatting in Jan 2012 and Christine was struggling in her marriage to Kody, and Meri admits now her marriage was also struggling, but at that time she didn’t choose to share that. 

• Thank You 10

24 minutes ago, HA88 said:

Flagstaff doesn’t have the extreme summer heat, and has pine trees it sounds like those were the two deciding factors. 

Yeah, screw the kids' needs, there's pine trees!

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 7

I used to like Aspyn a great deal. I have been bothered by her talking heads with Mitch. When the show started and Robin came on the scene Christine had just given birth to Truely and she had some huge issues with jealousy and Kody.

She appears to be better on that front. I was reminded of it though when they went off on "her trip."

I think I see something of her in Aspyn. She appears to be keeping sweet but yet.... There's something brewing in there. She doesn't want to think of him dancing with other women in a church setting in the past. Fuck sister wives. He is her man. I hope she keeps her voice.

i have been calling logan's gf Christine. She's Michelle. That's how off the radar she is. Good for them again.

They were scared by the shooting. That makes sense. That's the first thing that they've said that feels real.

Flagstaff seems like they went around the map, just like they said, came to vague consensus, then... It was like we guessed the prices were way higher than what they thought.. I bet we'll be right about other things too.

I'd be pissed to watch this back as a wife and see what he says. He is being particularly manipulative of everyone this time.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic