IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

WTF, they're moving to Flagstaff!?!?!? That's MY place! That's where I want to drop everything and move. It's outrageously expensive and there are very few jobs. That's exactly why I'm sweating my ass off in California instead of enjoying beautiful 70s weather and monsoons. My husband and I both had interviews there last year and both didn't get the jobs, and then he got a raise. So here we stay. But I am more than a little bitter.

I have been there several times and did research on moving there and living there. I met people there and visited all the local sites and studied the different neighborhoods. I'm wondering where they are planning on moving. Like I said, it's super expensive to live there. I'm guessing they'll build homes in a couple of the new developments north of town. 

Grrr. I need to go punch a wall or something. :kitty-cussing:

Oh look, here's one of my favorite pics that I took there.

Flagstaff4.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I looked up the Flagstaff area of Baderville where they aren’t rumored to have bought land. Doesn’t look cheap! I guess TLC has been good to them. I cannot picture them in one house, though. Pretty sure the wives would hate it unless they made it separate like condos. I think it was last season that they mentioned going back to Utah and the wives and Kody were spilt on that. Maybe Arizona is a happy medium? Seems random. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out they were moving and I guess it's already been discussed. Don't Maddie, Caleb and the baby live in Janelle's house? Are they moving too? 

The family seemed way more cohesive when they all lived in that big house in Utah. I bet that's what they're shooting for. All of the wives living in one house and becoming close again. I thought they were split on moving back to Utah though. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, BlondeIdol said:

Don't Maddie, Caleb and the baby live in Janelle's house? Are they moving too? 

They moved into their own place some time ago.  Maddie has said that they aren't moving to Arizona.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

Flagstaff does have a ridiculously high cost of living. The people there call it poverty with a view. New construction won't be cheap either. I can't imagine it'll be easy for them to afford it after they had so much trouble getting financed in Vegas. I guess we shall see. 

Doesn't Christine have family in Colorado City? They'll be much closer to them, if so.

• Upvote 3

The biggest question is will Meri throw a fit about a wet bar? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to imagine a wedding photo from some of the other families we write about, like the Duggars, where a daughter sits in the front row with her girlfriend. I can’t see it happening. 

The Brown parents might have f**ked up views but the seem to accept and love their kids no matter how they choose to live their lives. I like that about them. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

Who else is wondering what’s going on with them? The focus on the show has been on Meri vs. everyone else. They moved away from Parowan (sp?j Do we think she’s happy? Nah. The other moms appeared to be at a breaking point, and rightly so. And do Robyn/Janelle/Christine still get along? 

• Upvote 3

Here's a more in-depth article. They've got the land for 4 houses. I guess we'll see how many they build. 

https://www.gazettetimes.com/sister-wives-family-makes-home-in-inclusive-arizona-city/article_586aa886-17a6-56fa-b54c-05a4b43f5b7e.html

Judging by the description of the place they're renting, they may already be in Baderville. I found this looking up pics of property. 

Chimney-Sprins.jpg?resize=1024,768

• Thank You 5

I don’t understand this at all. All they did was whine and complain about their time in the Vegas rental properties and then they moved to Flagstaff and reverted back to that lifestyle? I give the Browns credit for being fairly open-minded and letting their kids make their own choices about their lives, but the adults in this family lack common-sense. Why not stay in the homes they owned in Vegas, continue to make the mortgage payments, and save any extra money until they could afford to move to Flagstaff? I guess that doesn’t make for good tv, but neither does repeating storylines that were ridiculously annoying the first time.

• Upvote 7

I haven't been keeping up with the families. I'm surprised they are moving. Cue more drama next season. 

Maybe they’re waiting to build while they work on family crap?  And perhaps they’ll be able to come up with something more logical and practical than 4 identical homes for 4 women with differing amounts of kids.. But wait, this is Meri we’re talking about.

• Upvote 4

On 9/2/2018 at 3:13 PM, Alice in Fundieland said:

I don’t understand this at all. All they did was whine and complain about their time in the Vegas rental properties and then they moved to Flagstaff and reverted back to that lifestyle? I give the Browns credit for being fairly open-minded and letting their kids make their own choices about their lives, but the adults in this family lack common-sense. Why not stay in the homes they owned in Vegas, continue to make the mortgage payments, and save any extra money until they could afford to move to Flagstaff? I guess that doesn’t make for good tv, but neither does repeating storylines that were ridiculously annoying the first time.

When they built the Vegas houses there was speculation that they had balloon mortgages where there is a large lump sum payment at the end. I wonder if the mortgage period is up and they don’t have the money for those lump sum payments.

• Upvote 8

• 3 months later...

I didn't notice that, but  did notice, it looks like more of the same repeated garbage.  Meri is upset and everyone has to pretend to care.  Moving again,   Everyone is upset and Cody has to flex his manliness and the wives pretend to submit,  Someone is engaged and someone will probably have a baby.   Yeah, I'll probably just read the recaps.  Looks like a frustrating watch.   As an aside - I can't believe Meri didn't move to her B&B.   I would have bet that was why she was really buying it.   

• Upvote 2

I can't believe TLC thinks people want to hear about the catfish again. It's such an awkward painful storyline. There's no need for it again.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

Did that article really just say that Maddie and Caleb “recently welcomed baby boy Axel into the world?” He’s more than a year and a half old! Their timeline is nearly as behind as the Duggars. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bethella said:

Did that article really just say that Maddie and Caleb “recently welcomed baby boy Axel into the world?” He’s more than a year and a half old! Their timeline is nearly as behind as the Duggars. 

He’s already 8 Duggar grandchildren old!

• Haha 15

9 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

He’s already 8 Duggar grandchildren old!

This actually got me thinking lol 

Hold up

Felicity

Gideon

Garrett

Mason

Sam

Henry

Technically he's only 6 grandduggars old! 

He's like 5 Bates old!

Kade

Zoey

Lexie

Everly

Brooklyn 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

This actually got me thinking lol 

Hold up

Felicity

Gideon

Garrett

Mason

Sam

Henry

Technically he's only 6 grandduggars old! 

He's like 5 Bates old!

Kade

Zoey

Lexie

Everly

Brooklyn 

Dare I say - I wrote 6 first but then second guessed and just wrote 8. Haha. Thanks for taking the time to figure it out haha

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

@OhNoNike I don't know why I did lol Although it might be 5 I don't remember how old Henry is haha

Henry was born in Feb 2017, Axel in May 2017, so it is only 5.

• Thank You 2

Sister Wives is returning Jan 20th. It appears in the ad I saw that Kody has had a bad perm . He does not look good.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Maybe Meri and I think one of the girls was attracted to selling LuLaRoe leggings, to wash the sight of Kody from their brains?

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic