IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

Aspyn and Mitch talk to TLC.  the wedding looks nice but honestly if I was Mykelti I would have been upset I remember her talking about how her and Aspyn were supposed to be each other's MOH well Aspyn was Mykelti's but Aspyn didn't have any bridal party beside flower girls. 

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/tlcme-videos/sister-wives-aspyn-brown-is-married/

• 3 weeks later...

The Browns are moving. What the hell?! All I can think about is how their kids reacted when they moved to Vegas. And now after all that time spent on building houses in that cul de sac they’re uprooting everyone and moving again? I know I’m being judgmental and people relocate to different states or countries all the time, but this seems unnecessary. 

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-brown-family-leaving-las-vegas/

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

The Browns are moving. What the hell?! All I can think about is how their kids reacted when they moved to Vegas. And now after all that time spent on building houses in that cul de sac they’re uprooting everyone and moving again? I know I’m being judgmental and people relocate to different states or countries all the time, but this seems unnecessary. 

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-brown-family-leaving-las-vegas/

Oh wow - seriously!  The DRAMA upcoming!  Why, is what I wonder - did a few of them get evicted?  Will they all share one Mcmansion?  Will they find another 4 houses and will Meri have her wet bar and why hasn't she moved to Utah with her BnB?? Who has a job there?   Will Queen Robin bring her nannies?  How many of the 18 are still actually at home?    So many questions!

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

According to Apple maps, it’s a 5 hr 14 min drive from Flagstaff, AZ to Parowan, UT. It’s only a 2 hr 47 min drive from Las Vegas to Parowan. Still not a short commute but much more manageable. I definitely sense more drama on the horizon. Oh who am I kidding? Where the Brown family goes, drama will always follow.

• Upvote 3

Meri is no longer the legal wife and has no power or under-age children to live with. I am looking forward to seeing what size home she ends up in. There is no longer any argument to be made that she needs a huge house and if family money was used to buy the B and B then I can see pushback from the other wives that she doesn’t deserve a large house. It could be a lot of fun to watch.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

Meri is no longer the legal wife and has no power or under-age children to live with. I am looking forward to seeing what size home she ends up in. There is no longer any argument to be made that she needs a huge house and if family money was used to buy the B and B then I can see pushback from the other wives that she doesn’t deserve a large house. It could be a lot of fun to watch.

I see Meri being shoved in an in-law suite in someone’s basement next season!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I'm bummed that they are moving :(

Their current homes are located just one development over from where my sister lives.  I like driving by them (well, the back side of their homes anyway) on the way to her house.  My sister sees them out and about on occasion and will send me pics.  Her kids would go to school with the little Brown's but the Brown's attend some kind of magnet school instead of the regular neighborhood school. 

It will be interesting to see what their new homes are like.

• Upvote 3

Why the obviously miserable in her marriage woman who has an option to leave, doesn't, is beyond me.   She has no kids to worry about - my daughter who adores Mariah,  and follows all her social media, told me she and her girlfriend are moving to Chicago.   Meri has said she isn't helping with her sister wives kids and feels out of place.   There is no reason for her to move to AZ unless it is just for show money.  Then a nice little apartment for the show - and live where she works?  I mean, that makes sense, to at least me.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Will they find another 4 houses and will Meri have her wet bar and why hasn't she moved to Utah with her BnB?? 

Will Meri chain herself to the wet bar on moving day?! 

Man. Kody pushed that move to Las Vegas SO hard. He called it his "Plymouth rock." Then the "dream homes" they fought so hard to afford and get everyone to agree on. Now this?

I guess Kody and Meri can awkwardly talk around the fact that they are done with each other in a new state. 

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fundiefollower said:

I'm bummed that they are moving :(

Their current homes are located just one development over from where my sister lives.  I like driving by them (well, the back side of their homes anyway) on the way to her house.  My sister sees them out and about on occasion and will send me pics.  Her kids would go to school with the little Brown's but the Brown's attend some kind of magnet school instead of the regular neighborhood school. 

It will be interesting to see what their new homes are like.

I wonder if they’ve put the houses on the market or if they’re going to try to rent them. I can’t imagine they own them outright; they must have mortgages unless TLC paid them off. Does your sister have info on whether any for sale signs have gone up in the front yards or if the houses have been listed for sale?

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I wonder if they’ve put the houses on the market or if they’re going to try to rent them. I can’t imagine they own them outright, they must have mortgages unless TLC paid them off. Does your sister have info on whether any for sale signs have gone up in the front yards or if the houses have been listed for sale?

I can check with her to see if she's heard anything.  She is in the gated community  next to the community they are in so she doesn't actually drive into their neighborhood development, just around it.

• Thank You 3

Um, okay. Part of me wonders if this is just to add more drama to the show since there have been persistent rumors of cancellation.

• Upvote 4

I read somewhere on Facebook (a local public mom group of Flagstaff), that they filmed there a couple of months ago looking for a house, then another mom chimes in and says the Browns reached out to local architects to design a house, then another person says: "They bought land in Baderville. I know the realtor that sold it to them"  

All I could think is A HOUSE? Like ONE house?! Like ... I mean ... one house all these people that do not get along that well in one house?! I get that they need to do something to keep the reality show going (and I am guilty of watching) but wow, this is gonna be fun to watch!

Also ... does this mean they are moving away from therapist Nancy :) Haha

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Aspyn's wedding pics really show how awful Kody's hair has gotten... I won't go so far as to say that he would be attractive with a bald head, but I think it's high time he shaved it all off. (Yet if I recall, some of the wives like it long.)

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SummerRocks said:

Also ... does this mean they are moving away from therapist Nancy :) Haha

I don't claim to be an expert but Nancy is quite possibly one of the worst therapists on all the TLC shows. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

I’m sure they’ll at least pay to have Nancy come train their new therapist. Just like their therapist from Utah came to train Nancy when they moved to Vegas. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I don't claim to be an expert but Nancy is quite possibly one of the worst therapists on all the TLC shows. 

Give her some credit - lol - she understands them! She gets through to them! What would they be without Nancy?! Hahaha

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't been impressed by any therapist who I've seen letting their session be filmed for reality tv.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Why the obviously miserable in her marriage woman who has an option to leave, doesn't, is beyond me.   She has no kids to worry about - my daughter who adores Mariah,  and follows all her social media, told me she and her girlfriend are moving to Chicago.   Meri has said she isn't helping with her sister wives kids and feels out of place.   There is no reason for her to move to AZ unless it is just for show money.  Then a nice little apartment for the show - and live where she works?  I mean, that makes sense, to at least me.  

I wonder if Meri stays because

1. She signed a contract and can’t get out of it.

2. She enjoys the attention and money she is earning 

3. Indoctrinated since birth on her religious tenets she worries about her soul and what kind of afterlife she will have.

4. She wanted to leave before and it turned into the biggest disaster of her life and she is scared of making a bad decision again.

5. She has no idea who she is in her life and religion if she is not married.

Maybe none of the above and we will never know why she stays.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

Maybe none of the above and we will never know why she stays.

I popped over to not batman yet and 'he's' now divorced with sole custody of 4 kids under the age of three or something... maybe Meri will go sniffing back!  Who knows!  THAT would be fun for the show!  Except for the part where she'd slink back and cry for an entire 'nother season.  Yawn.... never mind.   I hope we don't have to see any more fake 'sessions' with Meri and Janelle either. They don't like each other - we get it.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding - weird - didn't go through
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I checked out the pictures and the house looks super empty. I wonder if they staged it that way or if they have already moved out? Also, there is a weird ledge up high with a lamp and plants in the living room that just looks so odd. No purpose. I would embed the picture but I’m technologically challenged 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, mstee said:

I checked out the pictures and the house looks super empty. I wonder if they staged it that way or if they have already moved out? Also, there is a weird ledge up high with a lamp and plants in the living room that just looks so odd. No purpose. I would embed the picture but I’m technologically challenged 

I found that very odd, too. Here you go:

638096226ef36ff6bb0857226b0bb07el-m8xd-w1020_h770_q80.thumb.jpg.8872ef23d55853719543b2fa0f347ac1.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Both Gwendlyn and Ysabel are on instagram stories answering questions, some of them are about the move.  One of the girls said all of the moms and the kids under 18 are moving.  Someone asked if Kody is moving too and she said of course!  I came here to see if you were discussing it but apparently it's old news.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic