IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

As soon as they said that Dayton was going to NAU it was clear how Robyncentric this entire business was. He is on the spectrum. It is about her, worrying about him. Screw the other kids. Gabe and his life. Maddie and whatever their whole life plan was. Ysabel and whatever comfort she may have had with her doctor.

Mind, I have never gotten a whiff of resentment from any of the moms about how their kids were treated. They all really seem to love equally. Or they keep it off screen. And they welcomed Robyn’s kids. I think they’ve shown Dayton flourishing in the Brown family. He always seems to be helping out.  It’s Kody treating the wives differently.

Why couldn’t Gabe stay with Maddie? I hope there was a real reason there. She had to have related. She had trouble with the previous move. If they ended up moving and she’s pregnant too - perhaps it wasn’t ideal for them. I hope it wasn’t just arbitrary bullshit.

I would love to see them all throw things at him regarding one house. He may have some weird logic where he thinks he can get away with less building costs. But. Fuck, That, Noise. He needs to convince them to build to their actual space needs instead of McMansions. And maybe only two wives have houses with gathering rooms. Then another wife has a big freaking backyard....or a hot tub. Surely they can do trade-offs. If I were Meri, I’d take less house and a hot tub with a view on that property.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Why couldn’t Gabe stay with Maddie? I hope there was a real reason there. She had to have related. She had trouble with the previous move. If they ended up moving and she’s pregnant too - perhaps it wasn’t ideal for them. I hope it wasn’t just arbitrary bullshit.

I think Janelle said it's because she wanted the privilege of raising him.  

This move seems like a financial disaster.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Kody wants to be the LEADER. In his demented mind he knows everything and when the family , using logic , facts and emotion balks at anything he becomes more determined to do it. He is a deeply disfunctional ass and that four adult women willingly follow him is mind blowing.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Botkinetti said:

Kody wants to be the LEADER. In his demented mind he knows everything and when the family , using logic , facts and emotion balks at anything he becomes more determined to do it. He is a deeply disfunctional ass and that four adult women willingly follow him is mind blowing.

TBF the four women following him seem deeply dysfunctional too. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 3/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, HA88 said:

(snip)

Kody and Meri are taking the slow and gentle approach to courtship via therapist Nancy’s suggestion. They discuss their relationship privately, not on camera because that doesn’t feel safe. Meri said they need to figure out to be friends and get along. (snip)

Well, good for them for discussing their relationship in private these days. But if you ask me, what those two need is a permanent separation. For how many years have they been trying to make it work? And it still doesn't work? Time to call it a day?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

On 3/5/2019 at 5:04 PM, Alice in Fundieland said:

This is the list/purchase price history for Christine’s house. They’ve had these houses on the market since July and they probably still owe a significant amount of money on them since they bought them 7 years ago.  According to a mortgage calculator website, with 5% down on the listed purchase price of $443,315 as well as taxes and insurance, Christine’s monthly mortgage payment in Vegas is probably around $1,700. If they still own 3 of those houses and the payments are similar that’s $5,100 a month for empty houses in another state.

How can they afford mortgages for several empty homes in Vegas, rent for 4 properties in Flagstaff, and land and building costs for one or more homes somewhere else in Flagstaff?

B795913D-9CD3-4448-BBFB-CE678CE98244.thumb.jpeg.8f374f627ef1df065928c905030e070d.jpeg

Interesting as I'm watching the newest episode and Mona the realtor is very confident about the homes selling within 30 days.

Kody is annoyed about Christine rushing to sell her house, yet a minute ago he was rushing everyone. Why isn't he happy about it?

Also, Kody keeps talking about how Vegas was always temporary. Who the hell puts $$$$$ into building custom McMansions that are supposed to be temporary? That's like a 20 year house.

This whole move is dumb dumb dumb.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, srlm said:

I think Janelle said it's because she wanted the privilege of raising him.  

I heard her say that, but what does this even mean? She has had that. More bull.

• I Agree 5

They seem a bit different this season, particularly Kody. Perhaps the editing/producer has changed, or perhaps they've been on TV so long they're not working as hard to keep up appearances, but it seems like the masks have really begun to crack for both Kody and Robyn. We're also seeing a lot more (or I'm noticing a lot more) of Kody really overtly treating the wives like children, and talking openly about manipulating them. 

Kody has always been a sexist tool, but there's an edge and anger there now that I don't think I've noticed in him before. Maybe he's always been like this but felt more in control in previous circumstances, but it really seems like he's going through something bad (and insisting on taking everyone else with him).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I agree with whoever said this move is about Robin. It so is. She comes across to me as a trying to up her rung in the ladder. I think she takes the title of "legal wife" seriously and probably would rather be a "first wife" since she seems to think she is superior in some way. Again that is just how she comes across to me. I have not liked her at all since I started watching the show. I get that Dayton is on the spectrum and she wants to be close to him to help and that is fine, but isn't that kind of the point of having sister wives? She can leave her school age kids with the other wives (who, as far as I understand, should be the children's mothers as well in their eyes) and take her little ones and move to help settle and get Dayton started in his own life, a temporary situation. Theoretically this should be a simple and almost ideal situation. If it were a case of Dayton was unable to ever live on his own, then honestly, they should have encouraged him apply to schools that are much closer to where the family is. I am not privy to any info on him of course, so I cannot say either one for sure, but those are two options that they seem to ignore. Of course in reality, it is likely that Robin would never trust the other women to temporarily care for her kids and without her conservative watchful eye who knows what kind of "negative energy" (or was that Kody that used that phrase?) they would be exposed to.

• Upvote 12

On 3/4/2019 at 12:51 PM, mstee said:

I’m not familiar with Flagstaff. Any posters know if the property purchased matches up with any of the ones shown on the show? I’m curious where they’ve chosen to build. 

They bought the Coyote Pass property. The house that Christine bought is just down the street from it. It looks like the houses the others are renting are giant houses in expensive neighborhoods. They are probably owned by snowbirds who go up from Phoenix in the summer to escape the heat. If the last several months haven't driven them into bankruptcy, they are millionaires. I can't recall where I found the info, but Google sent me to it.

I cried for Gabe. I hope he found a place on the Flag High (the high school for where their land is) wrestling team and that he can shine there as much as he did in Vegas.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 2/26/2019 at 11:16 AM, Pecansforeveryone said:

I think Kody has huge fears of the lure of worldly attractions for his children much the same way Jim Bob Duggar does. Now, his children are nowhere near as sheltered or undereducated as Jim Bob's which is great. However, that means it's harder for him than for Jim Bob to exert ongoing control over his children. I do think it's all about control and image for Kody at the end of the day. 

I wonder if hes given up on his older kids and is hoping to exert more control on the younger ones. Hes leaving his older kids behind. At least Logan, Maddie, and Aspyn live in Vegas (from what I've gathered, only 100% sure on Maddie). That just seems strange to me, I'm not much older than the oldest of his kids and my parents LOVE having most of us within an hour drive of them and may winter somewhere warmer, but want to stay nearby. They've said that it would be even more important if any of us gave them grandkids. From what I've seen, that kind of thought is fairly common in parents of kids around this age.

On 2/26/2019 at 11:41 AM, SilverBeach said:

They seemed to do OK in their plyg house back in Utah when it was just the three wives. Robin changed everything.

They are indeed one big family, but happy? Not so much.

Meri mentioned it actually wasnt okay with some of the other wives. I wonder what happened...and what they hid when they first started the show.

On 3/7/2019 at 4:44 AM, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

I agree with whoever said this move is about Robin. It so is. She comes across to me as a trying to up her rung in the ladder. I think she takes the title of "legal wife" seriously and probably would rather be a "first wife" since she seems to think she is superior in some way. Again that is just how she comes across to me. I have not liked her at all since I started watching the show. I get that Dayton is on the spectrum and she wants to be close to him to help and that is fine, but isn't that kind of the point of having sister wives? She can leave her school age kids with the other wives (who, as far as I understand, should be the children's mothers as well in their eyes) and take her little ones and move to help settle and get Dayton started in his own life, a temporary situation. Theoretically this should be a simple and almost ideal situation. If it were a case of Dayton was unable to ever live on his own, then honestly, they should have encouraged him apply to schools that are much closer to where the family is. I am not privy to any info on him of course, so I cannot say either one for sure, but those are two options that they seem to ignore. Of course in reality, it is likely that Robin would never trust the other women to temporarily care for her kids and without her conservative watchful eye who knows what kind of "negative energy" (or was that Kody that used that phrase?) they would be exposed to.

A lot of the other kids went to UNLV partially to have nearby family support. The logical choice would be for him to do the same. This would also give him older siblings familiar with (or possibly still in) the same school who can help him out with anything specific to the school and just generally advise/mentor him. The kids seem to really all love each other, I have no doubt they'd be willing to at least talk to him and Robyn to help.

I dont think this move makes any financial sense at all, and with paying for all their kids' tuition and daughters' weddings on top of all this I could see them in DEEP financial trouble. When they were talking about financing for the Vegas move it seems as though they dont make smart financial decisions and may have had some debt, I wonder if they're going back into loads of debt again to please Kody's ego. 

I feel so awful for Gabe. A kid that age who's doing as well as he is would struggle with a necessary move, but I think would generally be able to accept something like "my parent had a job offer that would help them and will also help me/is necessary for the family." I wish he could have stayed with a sibling in Vegas, he seems to have a lot going for him there and a better chance of ideal college opportunities (scholarships, a harder to get into school, whatever his dreams are).

I really liked when Janelle was pushing so hard to do what's best for her kids. I wonder what bullshit Kody and Robyn fed her to help get her on board. Kody has been the worst I've seen this season. In the past he seemed to at least be attempting to look out for his kids, now it seems all about his ego. 

I wonder what happened to Christine and Janelle's attempt to become real estate agents. If I remember correctly, Janelle seemed more motivated and I thought she had begun to work. If she was a real estate agent, moving would definitely hurt her business as it seems like a huge part of that job is networking.

• Upvote 6

Janelle and Christine are still listed as agents on Mona’s team, but I don’t know when the site was last updated and it says the team currently has 0 listings. We know the Browns have been out of Nevada for at least a few months, but who knows when their working relationship with TMI Realty ended. When you click on the link for their bios it just says as seen on Sister Wives.

http://www.tmirealty.net/agents.php

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, samurai_sarah said:

Well, good for them for discussing their relationship in private these days. But if you ask me, what those two need is a permanent separation. For how many years have they been trying to make it work? And it still doesn't work? Time to call it a day?

Honestly, they probably will never admit it, but I'm pretty sure it's because of religious beliefs.  In order for Meri to get into heaven, she needs to be part of a plural family as a wife.  If she leaves, then she will have no one to call her to the correct part of heaven (as far as I understand, I'm not mormon and their heaven system is a bit confusing).  That's a pretty shitty situation to find herself in.  But I think Meri would be a much happier and even a more mature person if she left Kody.  I'm sure a lot of the crappy things she does are due to her personality, but I don't think she can really grow up while still married to him.  I think having actual independence for her would be a benefit.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

According to my Google feed (which has, apparently been paying attention) Kody is making an appearance at the open houses in a desperate bid to get them sold.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Maddie isn't in Vegas anymore.  They moved recently to the east cost - maybe North Carolina.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, DaisyD said:

According to my Google feed (which has, apparently been paying attention) Kody is making an appearance at the open houses in a desperate bid to get them sold.

What's he going to do, personally guarantee that he will NOT be living there anymore so the house hunters won't have to worry about seeing him if they buy?

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

Honestly, they probably will never admit it, but I'm pretty sure it's because of religious beliefs.  In order for Meri to get into heaven, she needs to be part of a plural family as a wife.  If she leaves, then she will have no one to call her to the correct part of heaven (as far as I understand, I'm not mormon and their heaven system is a bit confusing).  That's a pretty shitty situation to find herself in.  But I think Meri would be a much happier and even a more mature person if she left Kody.  I'm sure a lot of the crappy things she does are due to her personality, but I don't think she can really grow up while still married to him.  I think having actual independence for her would be a benefit.

They're all AUB (Apostolic United Brethren). The AUB believes that the regular "Latter-Day-Saints" (LDS) are basically "right", but got it a bit wrong. They aren't FLDS, or the Centiennial Park, they're more modern and independent. At least in terms of clothes. And drinking coffee and wine. Quite importantly, they also don't believe in marrying before you turn of legal age.

BUT the AUB is strict about the scriptures.https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/132

And apparently there's that bit that only seems to pertain to Joseph Smith (the founder) of the LDS religion and especially his wife, Emma Smith. That is a very literal reading on my part.

• Thank You 2

On 3/9/2019 at 2:57 PM, Alice in Fundieland said:

Janelle and Christine are still listed as agents on Mona’s team, but I don’t know when the site was last updated and it says the team currently has 0 listings. We know the Browns have been out of Nevada for at least a few months, but who knows when their working relationship with TMI Realty ended. When you click on the link for their bios it just says as seen on Sister Wives.

http://www.tmirealty.net/agents.php

Their realty is called TMI? WTF. 

• I Agree 2

On tonight’s episode Truely looked and sounded so much like Mykelti. She has really grown up since last season. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

It always surprises me how alike the kids look considering they only share one parent. My dad's genes are like that and all of his kids look alike (and so do any of their kids haha) but it's not anywhere near as many children so it's even more impressive seeing in dispersed through SO many kids 

• I Agree 2

To be fair, Mykelti and Truely share both parents. But I agree with you, @zadie that most of the Brown siblings share a strong resemblance.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

To be fair, Mykelti and Truely share both parents. But I agree with you, @zadie that most of the Brown siblings share a strong resemblance.

Oh oops. Got that confused hahaha thanks for clearing that up 

To be fair, aren't Janelle and Christine related somehow? And who knows what their family wreath looks like...

It'd be interesting to look at the wives' and Cody's DNA. Show writers who read here, there is your actually interesting show idea. You're welcome. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

I know Janelle and Kody are step siblings (they justify it because their parents married when they were adults and out of the house). Janelle was also married to Meri's brother before she married Kody, and I believe that's how they met. I know they met when she was married to him. Maddie and Caleb met at her uncle's (his brother in law's) funeral. I'm not sure what other connections they have, but I wouldn't be surprised to find more.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

To be fair, aren't Janelle and Christine related somehow? And who knows what their family wreath looks like...

It'd be interesting to look at the wives' and Cody's DNA. Show writers who read here, there is your actually interesting show idea. You're welcome. 

• Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic