IGNORED

Sister Wives 6: Five Adults or Are There? Mariah Is Engaged.

Coconut Flan

This has been the Sister Wife Meri show so far this season. How far is Parowan from Flagstaff? I agree with Kody that the discussion about Meri not telling the wives she closed on the house was bullshit. If a random stranger came up to me and started telling me about something that happened in my family that I didn't know, it would concern me too. Just like with the birth of Axel, Meri's drama overshadows what should be a happy occasion. They try too hard to manage Meri's emotions for her. She needs to grow up.

Still no discussion about why Kody wanted to move to Flagstaff. Maybe the next episode will tell us. Just no more poor me whining Meri episodes, please!

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 3/25/2018 at 5:47 PM, Carm_88 said:

Because Kody's ego demands Utah apologize to him because polygamy is good for everyone! The show proves it! 

He so overacted. Utah usually stays out of polygamist families lives if there is no child marriage or abuse.  Kody flashed his ass at the law so they had to investigate. It was not like the state has a personal vendetta against Cody. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Google says Parowan, Ut to Flagstaff, Az is 5 hrs and 4 minutes.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

In terms of their family pot.

I hope Meri leaves. I hope all 5 can manage it with decency.

If they all as adults have been putting TLC earnings into said family pot - it just now dawned on me that this plays a somewhat signifcant part into how they all move ahead.

Meri does deserve agency with regard to her income from the show. That might be something that needed / would need to be handled going forward.

• Upvote 3

Meri is not happy. She is not getting her needs taken care of in this marriage. She tries to fill it with material things but it still leaves her empty. I think it would do her good to spend time away from the family. Time to figure out what she wants to do with her life. Time to figure out how she fits in the family. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Meri is not happy. She is not getting her needs taken care of in this marriage.

Are any of them really getting their needs met, or just ... agreeing to agree on the situation being what it is?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I think Meri has a dissociative thing going on. Every time she's with the whole family and they're talking about her stuff she gets confused and upset. I think she dissociates and when she comes back, she's lost and feeling attacked. If her therapist hasn't caught that, I wonder how good she is. 

I'm not a psychologist. I just grew up with a mother with PTSD.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

If Meri leaves she'll have to find and train new people to put up with her BS. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Maddy is pregnant again. They say it's a surprise. With Caleb talking about his Christianity, I think they're using NFP and failing to prevent. I hope that between the kids and his health problems that she is still able to finish college; she seemed to really want an education and a career. 

https://www.newsweek.com/sister-wives-star-maddie-brown-pregnancy-1306832

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Oh wow. Maddy is pregnant again. Well, I guess we will see how that goes. At least it's not Mykelti. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

"It's not what we planned on doing, but [Axel] was a surprise, so why not have a second surprise? It's beautiful, I love it." 

I wonder if they use any protection or go the way of "whatever the Lord blesses us with" in which case, why are they surprised? If you're not preventing you might as well be planning for a baby.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

In this sh...ow the only person getting their needs met is Kody. He's the cenre of the universe, as he should be, according to a very fundie reading of LDS and other Christian scriptures. No one else matters. No one's heartbreak, no one's pain, no one's needs.

Polyamory is a different thing altogether, but patriarchal poygyny can go and do unspeakable things to itself, as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 10

I missed last night's show. Seems like I missed not much, but can anyone tell me if the young lady with scoliosis had any news? Or is that on the next episode.

I haven’t been able to find the clip, but I remember when Maddy and Caleb got married she swore they weren’t going to have any kids for 5 years. Plans change, life happens, I get that. But then on last week’s episode when they showed them moving into their own house in Las Vegas, she said they were going to finish school before they thought about having any more. I wouldn’t think she’d make statements like that if they were against birth control. Of course, I used to work with a woman who got pregnant with 3 of her kids while she was on different types of hormonal birth control. She ended up having 6 kids and often joked about being super fertile. Maybe Maddy is the same way.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

I went looking again for when Maddy originally said they wouldn’t have kids for 5 years. I feel like it was the episode where they moved her to Montana. Anyway, I still haven’t found it but I did come across this. I’m not one to give much credence to tabloids (now I’m giggling because I’m thinking about the In Living Color Bonita Bitrell sketch “I ain’t one to gossip, so you ain’t heard that from me.”) but I digress. 

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-maddie-brown-calls-meri-abusive-monster-deletes-twitter-after-feud/

Edited by Alice in Fundieland
Montana, not Wyoming
  • Thank You 4

I found it. Season 10, episode 1. She said 3 or 4 years. 

Spoiler

7C318892-B6BE-4B01-B3ED-D3CEA6CBE535.thumb.png.9a2b4e507373c9927be9f90bfde66de0.png

Spoiler

8CF310CA-4EB7-44D3-A436-CEF35524D4E3.thumb.png.bec6b47625bb8f77986854bbfdbb3bdb.png

Spoiler

BEC49258-314C-4C48-A7A7-5EB14EA9E6B2.thumb.png.4791e38c41a3622e9c30f6c0b2d1906b.png

• Upvote 4

Good for Maddi! I hope she threw a punch for Janelle. I miss Sister Wives but i refuse to watch that stupid woman and her tears. When they divorce her sorry ass let me know!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I haven’t been able to find the clip, but I remember when Maddy and Caleb got married she swore they weren’t going to have any kids for 5 years. Plans change, life happens, I get that. But then on last week’s episode when they showed them moving into their own house in Las Vegas, she said they were going to finish school before they thought about having any more. I wouldn’t think she’d make statements like that if they were against birth control. Of course, I used to work with a woman who got pregnant with 3 of her kids while she was on different types of hormonal birth control. She ended up having 6 kids and often joked about being super fertile. Maybe Maddy is the same way.

I have a friend with an aunt like this. Four types of birth control, four pregnancies. Women in her family get pregnant super easy, so I won’t conclude they weren’t actively preventing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I appreciate all the posts. I can't bring myself to watch anymore because the FJ updates are so much more interesting. I was in Flag earlier this month and am happy to report that there were no Brown sightings. (There was a fundie family at the ice rink, though! 6 kids, girls in skirts, and mom pregnant with presumably #7.)

I did however find a free sled, my dog got to see snow for the first time and I got to experience what 8 degrees feels like (I'm from California.) 

Spoiler

Flagstaff FunIMG_5595.JPG.c8c195e1f91f598c7de9ae5c1b44bbcb.JPGIMG_5618.JPG.386fbb211267ee22da736483170385df.JPGIMG_5605.thumb.PNG.2cf79953000fdc6d024e76482f0246ce.PNG

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 1/29/2019 at 1:23 AM, Alice in Fundieland said:

I found it. Season 10, episode 1. She said 3 or 4 years. 

Hide contents

7C318892-B6BE-4B01-B3ED-D3CEA6CBE535.thumb.png.9a2b4e507373c9927be9f90bfde66de0.png

Hide contents

8CF310CA-4EB7-44D3-A436-CEF35524D4E3.thumb.png.bec6b47625bb8f77986854bbfdbb3bdb.png

Hide contents

BEC49258-314C-4C48-A7A7-5EB14EA9E6B2.thumb.png.4791e38c41a3622e9c30f6c0b2d1906b.png

As to the last one of your hidden contents: I have no idea what the kid's name is. I know he's young and probably joking, but I still rolled my eyes at him. Mate, women's reproductive choices aren't about proving anything! He had better learn that, and quickly. Women's reproductive choices - wait for it, I know this is a revolutionary statement- are about reproductive choices. (I told you it was going to be revolutionary! :) )

This kind of cavalier and joking attitude annoys me, even if he was trying to poke fun at his sister's stubbornness or some such trait, rather than at reproductive choices. IMO jokes like that devalue a woman's right to choose with a throwaway comment. It rubs me the wrong way.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I suspect once Sisterwives is no longer being filmed, and Meri is no longer receiving an income from being associated with the show she will leave. When Meri built the house in Vegas she was legally married to Kody, and his name was listed on the house. Meri bought the house in Utah by herself so now that she is legally divorced from Kody I imagine she is the sole owner. I don't know how the property and houses are set up in Flagstaff, AZ, but if she bought that on her own I imagine she could sell that property if she wanted and be able to leave. Like others have stated if the catfish person had been real I think she would have left the family years ago. Owning the house in Parawon, UT gives her an escape. 

In Sunday's episode Mitch and Aspyn talked about polygamy. It seems Aspyn is adamant she wants to live a monogamous lifestyle, but Mitch won't commit to that. For once I agree with Kody that the couple should decide before getting married if they will be monogamous or polygamous. 

As far as finances the Browns don't seem to do a great job. It is not a parent's obligation to pay for college or a wedding, and considering the number of children they have I don't understand their approach. I would think each year the parents would figure out the budget, and say we can offer X towards college tuition, and Y towards a wedding. I would hope they could offer in state tuition for a public college, and if a child decided to go out of state to a private college like Mariah did you would say we can offer you X, you will need to get loans to cover the rest. As far as weddings also say we can contribute Y amount, and stipulate beforehand what you expect in return for your contribution. That way each child getting married (and I realize they are adults at this point, but to clarify they kids vs parents) can create their wedding budget, and if they plan to spend $30,000 and know the parents will contribute $15,000 the couple getting married needs to come up with the other 15K. It doesn't make a lot of sense to tour venues if you don't have a general idea of the budget and number of people you are inviting. 

I feel for Ysabel, and I hope she made the choice to share her journey with scoliosis. I understand Kody's frustrations, but he sounds like a spoiled brat. As someone who has a lot of health issues I understand going beyond the traditional AMA approach like her scoliosis bootcamp. I also hope they sought more than one medical doctor's opinion. I am a big advocate of getting a second opinion, and hope the second opinion also came from a medical professional. 

Next week the move is going to be discussed, TLC can really drag out a story line. Luckily there was no mention of catfish this week. I think my dog was bored by the catfish story line. 

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic