IGNORED

Dillards 50: The big 5-0!

samurai_sarah

Oh goodie is Derick gonna put on a suit and do another powerpoint presentation? He is beyond delusional and tone deaf. The smiley face at the end really kills me. Why call for LGBTQ people to come to church on a specific day? Shouldn't they be welcome to the church at all times? 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Why is there never any reference to or photo of Derick’s stepfather? Even Cathy never refers to him in social media (but she refers to her late husband quite often)

I don’t think Cathy’s husband is a fan of the spotlight. He may very well have requested that they avoid featuring him for that reason.

Maybe I'm reading way too into it but maybe he's doing this to "show TLC" that he's turned a new leaf? Probably not but thats where my mind went when I read the tweet!

Also someone I think on keeping up with the fundies tumblr shared a confession thing how in that presentation with the kids he's wearing his suit from his wedding (or something real similar but I'm pretty sure it's the same suit).

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

Derick just invited queer people to his church...It's a trap, don't go y'all. 

Edited to say:  He's now arguing with someone in the comment section who (correctly) pointed out that he said being transgender was a myth. 

He's also saying that it's not a trap and avoiding answering whether he would "accept them as they are or pray they change". 

Maybe I’m a privacy freak but I’m not even a celebrity and I wouldn’t want people to know the address of my church. (If I actually went to church.)

There’s something so invasive about blasting the time/place that you’ll be somewhere, even if it’s just your church. I wouldn’t want to give my family’s location out on Twitter.

They’re inviting LGBTQ people to their church in order to show them the evil of their sinful ways and convert them. Full stop. That is all their ‘outreach’ can ever consist of because they believe that being gay is a choice, being trans is a myth, and anything that deviates from the heterosexual cisgender norm is an affront to God and a danger to society. I actually felt sick when I read his tweet. This is like the KKK inviting people of colour to one of their marches. You know, to reach out.

That's not surprising; there's been a huge amount of arguing on twitter lately over this issue.  TL;DR: all the hipster, plaid-shirt-wearing evangelical types are getting all up in their feelings because progressive and former Christians have been calling them on their shit re: pretending to be accepting and affirming of LGBT Christians while having a secret agenda of trying to convert and de-gay them. There has been much "I'm so oppressed" boohooing and it would be really hilarious if it weren't such a life or death issue. 

Derick, given your record on LGBTQ issues? As far as I'm concerned, this is predatory behavior.

Leave LGBTQ people the hell alone. If any of us suddenly get on board with your trash view of our worth and validity as LGBTQ people, it won't be because you tweeted an invitation to ostracize us with your family in a church setting. "I'd like to personally invite any LGBTQ person..." lol, just when I think he can't get any more patronizing... does he really think this feels kind or flattering?

Oh, yay, Derick Dillard the harasser of transgender teens (aka "The TLC network" because he's so adamant about lying) who justifies his harassment as going after the "evil forces" in this world (being LGBTQ), is gonna invite me to church! I'm so excited!1!  What an absolute moron.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:
15 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I don’t think Cathy’s husband is a fan of the spotlight.

I wish some of this would rub off on Derick. 

Maybe I'm reading way too into it but maybe he's doing this to "show TLC" that he's turned a new leaf? Probably not but thats where my mind went when I read the tweet!
Also someone I think on keeping up with the fundies tumblr shared a confession thing how in that presentation with the kids he's wearing his suit from his wedding (or something real similar but I'm pretty sure it's the same suit).

Came here to say exactly that. There's no way this is a change of heart . He's probably tired of living without a real job or TLC slaary

9 minutes ago, mizandry said:

Derick, given your record on LGBTQ issues? As far as I'm concerned, this is predatory behavior.

Yep he is not safe for the LGBTQIA+ community so he needs to back the hell up and go far, far away.

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

He's FIXATED on teh gays. And trans issues. What i'm betting is that they did some sort of churchy self-study exercise, where they had to look at their own personal obstacles to godliness, and make an effort to overcome them. Eg, struggling to love thy LGBTQ neighbour even while you hate their sins? Go out of your comfort zone. Invite them to church with you.

That's what I'm getting from it. It's clearly a trap, either way, but I bet Derek expects to get God-points out of it.

3 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Oh goodie is Derick gonna put on a suit and do another powerpoint presentation? He is beyond delusional and tone deaf. The smiley face at the end really kills me. Why call for LGBTQ people to come to church on a specific day? Shouldn't they be welcome to the church at all times? 

Come for the side eye and judging; stay for the conversion therapy!  

LGBTQ people are welcome at our church any time. We just don't make a big thing of it. They're just a regular part of the congregation. We also do gay weddings. No big deal.

The fact that you have to INVITE them staggers me. If your message and community involvement sucks ass, NOBODY is coming, least of all the people you condemn.

My parish in college always had this sign up - Christ turned away no one; neither shall we. All souls loved and welcomed.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t think Cathy’s husband is a fan of the spotlight. He may very well have requested that they avoid featuring him for that reason.

That was my impression as well.  He did not want to get wrapped up in the crazy...smart man.

Oh, gosh, golly, what a generous invite from Dwreck.  I wonder what the sermon will be about.

Something from the Kirk Cameron school school of ministry I imagine.

"We love gay people and it's okay to be gay but it's not okay to show it or act on it! Yay! "

14 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

"We love gay people and it's okay to be gay but it's not okay to show it or act on it! Yay! "

Or "Jesus loves you, but hates your sin, thanks so much for stopping in!"

And what if some gay person showed up at his church? How's he going to tell which ones are tehgaze? Unless they wear the gay hat or button, how's he gonna tell?

OK< all you LGBTetc people stand up so we can better welcome you, I mean, indoctrinate you into the true ways?

Yeah, that would work.

Well, sunlight does make trolls explode or turn them into stone, depending on your source of folklore, soooo... No daylight in the home of Derrick.

#norwegian #homeofTrolls 

His invitation to LGBTQ people seems like inviting "the blacks" or "the Jews". It is his style condescending and bigoted. Because not only are all "the Blacks", "the Jews", and "the gays" all the same, he and he alone knows what is best for them. 

Oh Rufus I hate this man. 

6 hours ago, Thorns said:

Well, sunlight does make trolls explode or turn them into stone, depending on your source of folklore, soooo... No daylight in the home of Derrick.

#norwegian #homeofTrolls 

Spoiler

5AF620BD-473A-41F8-92EC-0355DAC9A21C.gif.de60194779f6d6804aead26fbe7bb680.gif

A recent season of South Park focused on Internet Trolls and the efforts of the Danish people to stop them. This is a gif from one of the episodes - the guy is head of “TrollTrace” which is dedicated to finding and exposing internet trolls... but the words he’s saying are pure Derick. :pb_lol:

I swear, there is a South Park reference for everything. Lol!

Derick, I know you are getting a lot of hate for your invitation, but I want to help.  I know of the PERFECT speaker for your event.  He used to be the "#1 Gay on the Beach", so talk about relatability!  Not only that, but he traveled the country stealing wifi from McDonalds ministering and following the Lord's calling, so you know he's legit and a man of the Lord.  It's a win-win!  I speak, of course, of Xgay Greg.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE (as if you need more for Greg to be a perfect fit!): his wife Dede is the "undisputed queen of comedy", and the kids today love stand up comedians, amirite?  It's like all over the Netflix!  

He's currently setting his own schedule and driving for Uber, so he should be free.  Please, Derick, do yourself a favor and reach out to Xgay Greg!

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived