IGNORED

Dillards 50: The big 5-0!

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Several, but he's dodging the hard questions. He clearly knows conversion therapy has to be wrong since he's unwilling to flat out say "We want to make the gays straight"

I think he might be in favor of conversion therapy, but won't say so out right. He knows if he does he will get slammed even harder, so he will just dance around it by inviting people of the LGBTQ community to church. Once there I'm sure he will find a way to offer 'help' to anybody wanting to turn their backs on the gay way, and come to his version of Jesus. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

I want to know too!

In my reddit hole so far it's 

1) that he was addicted to pain killers and

2) had a side boy in SCA.

In what I have been around...those who are most vehemently, rabidly anti-LBGT have something to hide, feelings they don't want to deal with, etc. 

I disclosed on here a while ago that my husband is bisexual but is living a straight, hetero life. UNTIL he could accept himself as he REALLY was and is, he could have given Dwreck a run for his money. 

***I gave my hubby the option of an open marriage so he could live out his sexuality openly. He chose to forego that in favor of US. This is something that we no longer discuss...there's nothing to talk about. He knows that if he starts feeling like he can't live with me authentically, then he needs to let me know. 

The church my stupid fundy exHB  who is known around my house as "the mouth of darkness" ........ Anyway, these asshats believed gays were demon possessed!  No kidding, you can't make this crap up!  yep folks that's the problem a plethora of unclean demons.

fuck

11 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

David and Jenelle need to go, David has a nerve to slate any parents when his own infant daughter was born with THC in her system. I got blocked by him on twitter for pointing that out. Jenelle used to fool around with her friend Tori between soul mates. I bet he dismisses that because two women are OK. 

Isn't Jenelle the drug addict with three marriages behind her and three kids from three different dads? Thats fine but being gay is inexcusable.

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't know about cell phone cameras though. Derick is a year younger than me and I had a flip phone of shame for a few years. Smart phones really didn't become a thing until 2009 or so. And even then it was blackberry and the pictures were grainy as fuck and looked like they were taken on a shoe phone. There may be pictures but for the most part Derick was pre smart phone.

I still have some pictures I saved from my second flip phone, because they're pictures of my first kid when she was a baby. They're grainy, but special. :romance-heartsthree:

I don't suppose I would have gone to the trouble of saving random pictures of a fellow college student getting up to collegiate hijinks, though. (Assuming that any kind of camera phone had been available in my college years, back in the bronze age. :character-oldtimer: )

One of the reasons why I am grateful that I am not famous or an in any way public person is that I know I have done things in my past that I would not want to resurface and be known to a worldwide audience.

They are by no means terrible or shocking, and I am not ashamed of anything I did, but I'd rather only a select group of people know about them. And I would feel extremely uncomfortable if I used a public platform to judge and condemn people for doing exactly what I have done (or still do :my_blush:) myself.

It baffles me how some people can be so hypocritical that they publicly preach about certain things being wrong, sinful, disgusting etc. KNOWING that they have done them themselves, and perhaps still do or think of doing them.

How can you reconcile these things with yourself? How does that not give you a continuous headache and make you absolutely miserable?

Derick seemed as rabidly anti Catholic  as he is now anti LGBTI2QQA. To me, I see a zealot rather than a closeted homophobe. But I could be proved wrong... who knows.

I wonder what was in his past and whether like Jeremy he'd be better off disclosing it as part of his "testimony". I feel like he was socially on the fringe in school and being a superior judgey Christian made him feel special. Maybe that's all and there aren't many skeletons there? 

16 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

David and Jenelle need to go, David has a nerve to slate any parents when his own infant daughter was born with THC in her system. I got blocked by him on twitter for pointing that out. Jenelle used to fool around with her friend Tori between soul mates. I bet he dismisses that because two women are OK. 

MTV posted this tweet last night:6AD5FA6D-8FAE-49A4-8C56-F166DB5FA5EC.jpeg.b2cb9896f46e98d733659d7e4dc8a4ed.jpeg

Good on them. TLC should take notice.

1 hour ago, JesusCampSongs said:

MTV posted this tweet last night:6AD5FA6D-8FAE-49A4-8C56-F166DB5FA5EC.jpeg.b2cb9896f46e98d733659d7e4dc8a4ed.jpeg

Good on them. TLC should take notice.

Excellent decision and statement by MTV. Bigots don’t deserve to get paid to spew their views on a national platform. And while I’m glad TLC did the right thing by ending their relationship with Derick, I’m still frustrated it took as long as it did and that they continue to give a national platform to the rest of the Duggars. So yeah - TLC really needs to take notice.

7 hours ago, artdecades said:

Isn't Jenelle the drug addict with three marriages behind her and three kids from three different dads? Thats fine but being gay is inexcusable.

It is only her second marriage but she has had about 10 different men in between her having Jace and now. She will be married another few times and have more kids with different dad's by the time.

9 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I still have some pictures I saved from my second flip phone, because they're pictures of my first kid when she was a baby. They're grainy, but special. :romance-heartsthree:

I don't suppose I would have gone to the trouble of saving random pictures of a fellow college student getting up to collegiate hijinks, though. (Assuming that any kind of camera phone had been available in my college years, back in the bronze age. :character-oldtimer: )

I'm kind of surprised some posters think that before smartphones, people didn't take pictures all the time. I'm a year younger than Derick and before smartphones became really common probably around sophomore/junior year of college, everyone just carried around their digital camera. Like, maybe not to class, but definitely to parties and such (which is really where any 'scandalous' pictures of Derick would have been taken, right?). I have thousands of pictures from those pre-smartphone times in high school and college.

@feministxtian Just a personal note, I am female, bisexual and married to a man. Being married in a what others see as straight relationship, does not change my sexuality. I live out my sexuality as a bisexual woman but I am happy in a monogamous marriage. Marriage doesn't stop me being attracted to others, just that I don't want to act upon those feelings.

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

I'm kind of surprised some posters think that before smartphones, people didn't take pictures all the time. I'm a year younger than Derick and before smartphones became really common probably around sophomore/junior year of college, everyone just carried around their digital camera. Like, maybe not to class, but definitely to parties and such (which is really where any 'scandalous' pictures of Derick would have been taken, right?). I have thousands of pictures from those pre-smartphone times in high school and college.

I used to go around everywhere with my old SLR film camera, a bag of lenses and TRI-X 400. I am older than dirt.

3 hours ago, JabberJabber said:

I am female, bisexual and married to a man. Being married in a what others see as straight relationship, does not change my sexuality. I live out my sexuality as a bisexual woman but I am happy in a monogamous marriage. Marriage doesn't stop me being attracted to others, just that I don't want to act upon those feelings.

I've never understood why some people seem to think that being bisexual means you can't be happy in a monogamous straight relationship or that being in a happy same sex relationship means that you're gay not bi. 

You're just in a relationship with a person who makes you happy. 

It's one of those things that legit makes me so confused.  

44 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I used to go around everywhere with my old SLR film camera, a bag of lenses and TRI-X 400. I am older than dirt.

Mr. Wolf still does. He got a nice digital camera and didn't like it. He's back to his OM2.

Jill looks pregnant to me in this. I thought I was crazy, but comments are mentioning it, too. I sincerely hope she isn't. I understand she could just have extra weight around the midsection from her pregnancies or just be a weird angle with the shirt, but still.

I don’t usually speculate but she looks pregnant AF. 

Also, why did she hashtag babies but only did samuels name and left out Israel? 

3 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

Jill looks pregnant to me in this. I thought I was crazy, but comments are mentioning it, too. I sincerely hope she isn't. I understand she could just have extra weight around the midsection from her pregnancies or just be a weird angle with the shirt, but still.

She pluralized baby but Israel isn't in the picture so who knows.  That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw in on IG too.

I thought that too but I don’t think it’s a weight issue that made me think that, more her posture. She is probably just standing funny to balance the baby so she can hold the phone in her other hand, but it really mimics the very arched back posture we associate with a pregnant Jill.

Thought the same re:  pregnancy.

I wagged my Pentax K1000 everywhere in college. Took photography as a communications elective just so I could have access to the darkroom to process my film. lol

DH is an avid film photographer - there's  a HUGE cult-ish following of film photographers, especially on Instagram. Common hashtags are #filmphotographer #istillshootfilm and #filmisnotdead . You'll see some GORGEOUS photographs (photographed/processed/scanned - either scanned negs or scanned prints). :)

She doesn't look pregnant to me, she looks like a woman who doesn't have a perfectly flat stomach holding a baby against her chest and arching her back to take a selfie. I would be very surprised if she were pregnant again already, especially enough to be showing. Samuel is only 6 months old.

Can someone who has a C-section get pregnant as quickly as someone who has a vaginal birth? I would think your uterus would want to heal the scare before your ovary releases another egg.

2 minutes ago, JoiseyGoil said:

Can someone who has a C-section get pregnant as quickly as someone who has a vaginal birth? I would think your uterus would want to heal the scare before your ovary releases another egg.

Yes.

40 minutes ago, HRM1216 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if she's looking to get a bit of pregnancy speculation, perhaps even to deflect from the "spiritual attacks" against derick since he decided to invite all teh gayz to his thinly veiled conversion therapy seminar. 

Pregnant? Maybe. It's what they do after all. But I won't believe it till I see the pee stick. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived