IGNORED

Dillards 50: The big 5-0!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JoiseyGoil said:

Can someone who has a C-section get pregnant as quickly as someone who has a vaginal birth? I would think your uterus would want to heal the scare before your ovary releases another egg.

It just depends on when you start ovulating (and having unprotected sex) again. I don't think having a C-section in and of itself affects that. Medical recommendation is another thing altogether. Usually doctors will advise women to wait longer after giving birth via C-section, but how long depends on individual circumstance, I think. Based on the amount of time that passed between Izzy's birth and Jill getting pregnant with Sam, it seems like she may have followed medical advice to wait, but we can't know that for sure.

11 minutes ago, JoiseyGoil said:

Can someone who has a C-section get pregnant as quickly as someone who has a vaginal birth? I would think your uterus would want to heal the scare before your ovary releases another egg.

Can someone? Yes.  Should they? Probably not.  

Your uterus would indeed want to heal, but whether or not someone lets it is the question.  

I know someone who had an emergency C section last April and is due this coming May.  

Man I'm glad I'm not on a tv show. My mini eggs make me look more pregnant than Jill, add that in with the pasta that I ate for lunch and I'm about 5 months along. I think she just hasn't lost the weight from Sam, she clearly wasn't moving much in the first while postpartum and looked quite ill. I would chalk that up to baggy tshirt, baby weight, and angle of the picture. 

David Eason obviously doesn't know who butters his bread (MTV)! I think these ordinary people after they get a taste of fame, forget that MTV is why they're famous and/or rich and that the gravy train won't keep rolling if they piss MTV off. Obviously, reality stars are able to make money elsewhere but David is really riding along on Jenelle's coat tails. He's not the star of the show. 

I'm happy MTV was quick to react, as he had no right to say what he said, but MTV reacted because they know who their audience is. Just like TLC did... 

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Mr. Wolf still does. He got a nice digital camera and didn't like it. He's back to his OM2.

There is an arts place around here which has an open darkroom. Haven't been there in a while, and really need to go back. I send my film out though. I suck at loading the tank. It used to be easy when I was in school, but I'm old now and just too much of an uncoordinated bumbler. You pay by the hour and I didn't want to eat up time trying to load film in the dark

2 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I'm happy MTV was quick to react, as he had no right to say what he said, but MTV reacted because they know who their audience is. Just like TLC did... 

A lot of the people I'm friends with on Twitter began tweeting the companies that ran ads during Teen Mom so once they threatened to cancel advertising, MTV had no choice but to cancel. Jenelle should be next they have Briana now so they will still have 4 girls.

2 hours ago, JoiseyGoil said:

My brother and I are 16 months apart. He was her 2nd C-section (I was an accident)

I didn't think Jill and Derick were into ATI anymore. Maybe that isn't their house? On the wall behind her, there is the 49 Character Qualities from ATI.

They May or might not be actually heavily involved with Organization or go to the seminars  anymore But they still keep to heart all the teachings and guidelines Jill was raised with and Derick bought into as an adult.    I bet they all do to one extent or another even the trying to be cool and hip fundie Jessa Seewald. 

I think Jill might be one of those women who hangs on to weight in the midsection for the duration of time that she nurses. She looked the same after Izzy too. Some women bounce right back, and others take longer. In addition, Jill was very slender before she had kids, and had huge babies- 

There's also a piano behind her. Makes me wonder if they're not at home - I don't think she was "big" on piano at TTH was she?

I don't think she's pregnant, not based on the photo anyway. It's a photo of her in a baggy sweatshirt from the chest up. I don't think we can tell anything from that.

I still think Jessa is pregnant based on the video that had her, Ben, Joy, Austin etc... But that was because of Ben's awkward hand placement on her belly and Jessa moving his hand away more than anything. Not because she really physically looked pregnant. 

7 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I still think Jessa is pregnant based on the video that had her, Ben, Joy, Austin etc... But that was because of Ben's awkward hand placement on her belly and Jessa moving his hand away more than anything.

Yep, and combine that with the photo of her squatting beside Henry's high chair on his first birthday. 

I am 42 months postpartum :my_rolleyes:, and still look about 6 months pregnant. After my first pregnancy I lost more weight than I had gained within the first 4 months postpartum, but this second time around, I just can't seem to lose it. I am so so freaking glad I'm not famous, and don't have people scanning my belly for a bump (it isn't hard to find). 

I am 332 months and three weeks postpartum...it ain't pretty ;)

(my "baby" will be 28 at the end of June)

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

I am 332 months and three weeks postpartum...it ain't pretty ;)

(my "baby" will be 28 at the end of June)

About the same. My baby will be 28 in November.

I weigh, right now, EXACTLY what I weighed with I was 9.5 months pregnant. In my defense, at two or three times since I delivered, I was actually down to my pre-pregnancy weight. But I was living on cigarettes and Diet Coke, so that wasn't exactly healthy. lol

43 minutes ago, treehugger said:

I am 42 months postpartum :my_rolleyes:, and still look about 6 months pregnant. After my first pregnancy I lost more weight than I had gained within the first 4 months postpartum, but this second time around, I just can't seem to lose it. I am so so freaking glad I'm not famous, and don't have people scanning my belly for a bump (it isn't hard to find). 

It's been 20 years since I had my baby, and that damn baby weight is still hanging around.  The child has moved out, the weight won't leave, won't get a job, won't help with the housework....

In any other Jill picture though she hasn’t looked pregnant. The shirt doesn’t look baggy to me, it looks pulled tight over a bump. 

I would hope for her health she isn’t pregnant but I wouldn’t put anything past her. 

I suspect if she was ever going to  slow down her pregnancies at all it would be after she gets that daughter or two she craves. But as she sees child bearing as her Duty given to by God that is very unlikely TBH

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived