IGNORED

Dillards 50: The big 5-0!

samurai_sarah

Yes, it's true that Cross Church had that speaker, and yes it's true that Derelict invited the LGBTQ+ community to church this Sunday knowing full well that plenty of people will show up loaded for bear. 

Derelict never does anything for the sake of kindness. There's always an ulterior motive. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

About the same. My baby will be 28 in November.

I weigh, right now, EXACTLY what I weighed with I was 9.5 months pregnant. In my defense, at two or three times since I delivered, I was actually down to my pre-pregnancy weight. But I was living on cigarettes and Diet Coke, so that wasn't exactly healthy. lol

I'm seriously overweight...like over 200lbs. I TRY to watch what I eat and was going to the gym. Thing is, my back and neck aren't any better...if anything, they're worse. I'm so sick of this shit. I want to find the bitch that hit me and hit her...if you know what I mean. 

16 hours ago, JillyO said:

I'm kind of surprised some posters think that before smartphones, people didn't take pictures all the time. I'm a year younger than Derick and before smartphones became really common probably around sophomore/junior year of college, everyone just carried around their digital camera. Like, maybe not to class, but definitely to parties and such (which is really where any 'scandalous' pictures of Derick would have been taken, right?). I have thousands of pictures from those pre-smartphone times in high school and college.

yes! I think I'm a year older than Derick, definitely didn't have a smart phone until after I left university, but we all had digital cameras and boy did we use them. My facebook is crammed with albums full of photos of extremely questionable goings-on. I've set all mine to private now (can't quite bring myself to delete, although they're awful) but there are hundreds of photos of me acting like an idiot at parties in other people's albums. I can detag but they're still out there if someone really cared to dig.

I actually think that it was more possible to have and keep incriminating pics then than it is now. The kids have things like snapchat where the photos disappear; they also have the technology to send one another pictures privately and instantly, which wasn't so much available to us - grainy flip-phone photos cost extra to send, and weren't always compatible at the other end. Facebook was our picture-sharing system, and it's designed to have some permanence. Also, pretty much all the photos on it were uploaded from a camera memory card to a computer, so I bet they also linger on a bunch of hard drives. 

We were quite naive about internet privacy and considering what we put out there, back in the early days of Facebook. I think people are much more circumspect today. I doubt there are photos of Derick doing anything gossip-worthy, but in theory they *could* exist.

I made the mistake of checking out Cathy Dillard’s Twitter feed (I’m bored and looking for a new rabbit hole)... holy-honey-covered-nut-bars she is out there! Derick is restrained compared to her. She claims a miracle and prayer cured her cancer, she posts multiple anti abortion posts most days, she cries for those who will die without knowing Jesus, and then goes on oprah’s Twitter and slams her for matching the Clooney donation to March for our Lives. And she presses like on every weird tweet from “educating liberals”.  

Party photos were definitely a thing even pre smart phones and pre digital photos.  I’m 51and am doing a photo book for our 25th wedding anniversary - I’m trying to finish it before our 26th anniversary in July  :my_biggrin:. Anyway, I’ve dug out the photo albums from our early years (we started going out in 1985).  Lots of party photos.  Lots of drunken party photos.  Some of the people in them are pretty senior in big corporations now.  Lucky they will be put back in the cupboard once I’ve finished scanning the ones I want in the photobook!

Yeah, I definitely have party photos from when I was in college and this was pre-smart phones. Most used digital cameras and also camera phones were a thing before smart phones too. They were not as good as they are today of course but some of the better cameras would certainly take good enough pictures to make you able to tell who was who and where they were. People use their phones to take much more pictures now but it was still done quite a lot. My first year at university was roughly 15 years ago. 

If Derrick is gay (which I don't believe) I highly doubt there is any clear evidence of this though. I mean, what would prove it? A kiss or something much more intimate perhaps but I would assume that if there were such pictures they would have surfaced already. I understand there is some evidence of SOME people who are anti-gay being so because they are hiding same-sex feelings but it is not something that is universal. I have no idea what is true in Derrick's case but my gut says that he is not gay. 

I think Derick is just a miserable person, who was raised by at least one religious zealot, and who enjoys targeting those he perceives as “lesser” or “weaker” then he is. He’s a massive asshole who believes he is always right about everything and who condescendingly believes he’s helping people when, in actuality, he’s just harassing them. He likely believes the same crap as Jeremy - but unlike Jeremy, Derick has less than decent communication skills, no charm, and is unable to hold his own in an argument. He appears to put the bare minimum into pretty much everything and comes across as an entitled little shit who wouldn’t be fit to lead a classroom of preschoolers, let alone an entire congregation.

Sometimes homophobic and transphobic assholes aren’t closeted. They’re just assholes and I think that’s very much the case with Derick. 

I seriously can't tell if she's just yanking our chain at this point. (Spoilers: It's a picture of Dwreck. Three guesses as to the hashtags she uses.)

Spoiler

57 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

He appears to put the bare minimum into pretty much everything and comes across as an entitled little shit who wouldn’t be fit to lead a classroom of preschoolers, let alone an entire congregation.

As evidenced by the fact that he recently held a powerpoint presentation in front of a room full of preschoolers, dressed in a suit. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Karma said:

Party photos were definitely a thing even pre smart phones and pre digital photos.  I’m 51and am doing a photo book for our 25th wedding anniversary - I’m trying to finish it before our 26th anniversary in July  :my_biggrin:. Anyway, I’ve dug out the photo albums from our early years (we started going out in 1985).  Lots of party photos.  Lots of drunken party photos.  Some of the people in them are pretty senior in big corporations now.  Lucky they will be put back in the cupboard once I’ve finished scanning the ones I want in the photobook!

My grandparents are 91 and 96 and my grandma has shown me party photos from their younger days when grandpa was in university. There are less of them and they’re not as questionable as some of mine but they exist. 

15 minutes ago, viii said:

I literally think it’s a side eye to FJ, lol. 

HAI Jill! Your husband is an asshole, RUN away, far far away, and take poor Jenni with you.

I'm seriously overweight...like over 200lbs. I TRY to watch what I eat and was going to the gym. Thing is, my back and neck aren't any better...if anything, they're worse. I'm so sick of this shit. I want to find the bitch that hit me and hit her...if you know what I mean. 

I definitely know what you mean. My weight gain started after I was t-boned 4 years ago and broke my hip and had major surgery. I couldn't walk properly for about 2 years. I got a settlement but I'm sure you understand, it wasn't worth it!

Then I broke my leg and now I've gained even more weight. I'm approaching 200 lbs and am only 5'1"!!!

I was one who always had a camera with me, and took pictures of everyday things. Now that I have a smart phone I take probably 20 pictures a day. I keep filling up my phone memory but don't like to delete them.

An ex friend was rabidly homophobic, speaking out and always making fun of gay people. Our classmates thought it was weird how over the top she was. She was extremely jealous and possessive of me, to the point where I couldn't have other friends and she was always so easily offended. Turns out she had feelings for me. I think she's finally come out but I cut her out of my life years ago. I can't stand such negative people.

Jill really does look very pregnant in that pic but maybe she's sitting? I couldn't quite tell. I'm thinking she posted it just to get people speculating. It's a cute pic though.

That picture is at a very weird angle. I think she's sitting down and slouching, but somehow managed to not get any of the chair/couch in the photo. Sam's feet are definitely resting on her stomach, so take that as you will, but I'd be very surprised if she were showing that much that quickly. We've seen photos of her from not that long ago.

Maybe Derick being vocal with his bigotry is actually a blessing in disguise? All of the Duggar immediate family, and maybe even Amy (heck, probably 50% of Arkansas) believe in the same anti-LGBT agenda that he proclaims on Twitter. If he encourages his family members to be more vocal as well, then it could be another step towards getting Counting On off the air, which means less income for the Duggar gang to donate to repulsive politicians.

Very true, @JoiseyGoil! I think a lot of people who either leg hump or don't see "what's the big deal about the Duggars" don't look beyond the bare surface. Meechelle and Jim Boob know exactly what they have to portray, and people won't question it. But if Derick goes all out hating, and there's nary a peep from his in laws, maybe....

I hope something will make them go away... I can't believe all the scandals before haven't....

19 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

@VineHeart137 I saw that this morning and thought the same thing. If she's not trolling, it's one heckuva coincidence. 

I'm thinking trolling or just desperate to stay in the public eye.  I'm starting to wish that no one would respond to her posts about #biggestassholeever.  When he finishes his program and (presumably) tries to get a paying job, I could see him using the number of followers that he and Jill have as a bargaining point.

On 2/21/2018 at 7:03 AM, Glasgowghirl said:

It is only her second marriage but she has had about 10 different men in between her having Jace and now. She will be married another few times and have more kids with different dad's by the time.

Does she even have custody of Jace?

Who is Jill trying to fool with the #besthubby#bestpapa crap? Sorry, Jill I think he is an asshole. I hope he is better to you and Izzy and Sam than he is on Twitter. 

6 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Who is Jill trying to fool with the #besthubby#bestpapa crap? Sorry, Jill I think he is an asshole. I hope he is better to you and Izzy and Sam than he is on Twitter. 

Of course he is, because Jill, Izzy, and Sam are all trained/in-training to do whatever Derick says.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived