IGNORED

Dillards 50: The big 5-0!

samurai_sarah

there is no way jill would post anything like that.  All the humpers would have a field day.  She would probably do something else.  
and her headship already posted it like months ago and she can't go ahead of her headship 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for future reference, the actual Instagram accounts for the Duggars and Bates families are listed on the summary threads I made last year. You can find links to them at the top of each individual’s summary:

Duggars - 

Bates - 

Just when I thought D-Wreck couldn't get any worse...:pb_sad:

I would kill to know what Jill really thinks of D-Wreck's LGBT obsession. She seems like a naturally very kind and compassionate person. I wonder if she has moments when she thinks their time could be better spent helping the poor/at-risk youth/etc. Like Jesus calls his followers to do a LOT of things, but harassing LGBT people isn't one of them.

52 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Anybody called him out on it yet? I don't do Twitter or Instagram.

Several, but he's dodging the hard questions. He clearly knows conversion therapy has to be wrong since he's unwilling to flat out say "We want to make the gays straight"

A lot of people are calling him out. He is so spineless with his responses. He "doesn't know" what they will be preaching on that day but he invites them that specific day when the gay conversion guy will be there. He says everyone is welcome at any time but he is only inviting LGBT people this specific day. He "never said" trangenderism was a myth. He never addresses the gay conversion angle.

He's really playing with fire.  Rumors have been circulating around Derick for some time now, and they have multiple, unrelated sources.  Eventually, he's going to push too hard and someone will push back...by looking into them.

Just like Joshgate 1.0.  

4 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

He's really playing with fire.  Rumors have been circulating around Derick for some time now, and they have multiple, unrelated sources.  Eventually, he's going to push too hard and someone will push back...by looking into them.

Just like Joshgate 1.0.  

I don't know, I'm kind of skeptical about this. Aren't the 'sources' all really iffy things like blind items? I feel like the 'closeted self-loathing homosexual' accusation gets thrown at these right-wing anti-gay crusaders all the time, but it's usually not true, they're just straight up bigots (no pun intended). THAT SAID, I would not be surprised at all if Derick had something in his background that he would strongly prefer to be kept secret, simply because with these people SO MANY THINGS are egregious sins. But I think he's currently obsessed with sex/gender issues because he's in a university environment. When he was in Central America you didn't hear him talking about trans people, it was all about the lost Catholics.

MTV is currently having the same problem that TLC had with Derick with a cast member tweeting a bunch of homophobic and transphobic things. (And I think this instance might be worse than Derick's tweets.) I'm curious to see how MTV will handle the situation.

46 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Just like Joshgate 1.0.  

Which rumors? I want to hear :P

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know, I'm kind of skeptical about this. Aren't the 'sources' all really iffy things like blind items? I feel like the 'closeted self-loathing homosexual' accusation gets thrown at these right-wing anti-gay crusaders all the time, but it's usually not true, they're just straight up bigots (no pun intended). THAT SAID, I would not be surprised at all if Derick had something in his background that he would strongly prefer to be kept secret, simply because with these people SO MANY THINGS are egregious sins. But I think he's currently obsessed with sex/gender issues because he's in a university environment. When he was in Central America you didn't hear him talking about trans people, it was all about the lost Catholics.

Some are blinds, but I've seen tweets from people who claimed to know him at OSU making some pretty pointed comments in the same direction.  

And that's not to say that I believe anything about Derick: just that he DID go to a 4 year university.  And many, many things that would be an absolutely normal part of a 4 year college experience are absolutely at odds with his current image.  The more he spouts off like this, the more likely he is to eventually offend either someone who decides to investigate his years in college OR someone who witnessed him in college and perhaps has something that looks bad.  Like if I were spouting off hateful nonsense right now, I would be very worried about certain college photos surfacing.  They are by NO means anything other than run of the mill millennial sorority girl photos, but they would be enough to cause significant embarrassment, speculation, and damage to a conservative image.  

He doesn't need to be convicted in a court of law.  All he needs is for ONE person to have had enough and sell their story or photos to In Touch.  That's enough to sink this battleship.

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

MTV is currently having the same problem that TLC had with Derick with a cast member tweeting a bunch of homophobic and transphobic things. (And I think this instance might be worse than Derick's tweets.) I'm curious to see how MTV will handle the situation.

David and Jenelle need to go, David has a nerve to slate any parents when his own infant daughter was born with THC in her system. I got blocked by him on twitter for pointing that out. Jenelle used to fool around with her friend Tori between soul mates. I bet he dismisses that because two women are OK. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Which rumors? I want to hear :P

There have been some salacious blinds about Derick having a suspiciously close young male friend in SA.  I don't know that I believe that.

What I give more credit to are the tweets from private twitter accounts who claimed to know Derick at OSU implying that his behavior and reputation at OSU were very much in contrast to his current image and agenda with regards to LGBTQ+ issues.  That could mean anything from Derick had a reputation for experimenting himself to he was an ally who was involved with the community in a positive way.  But I do believe that there is more to this story.

3 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

David and Jenelle need to go, David has a nerve to slate any parents when his own infant daughter was born with THC in her system. I got blocked by him on twitter for pointing that out. Jenelle used to fool around with her friend Tori between soul mates. I bet he dismisses that because two women are OK. 

Between soulmates?   Courtland confirmed that Tori used to ask his permission to hook up with Jenelle when they were together!  

3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

And that's not to say that I believe anything about Derick: just that he DID go to a 4 year university.  And many, many things that would be an absolutely normal part of a 4 year college experience are absolutely at odds with his current image.  The more he spouts off like this, the more likely he is to eventually offend either someone who decides to investigate his years in college OR someone who witnessed him in college and perhaps has something that looks bad.  Like if I were spouting off hateful nonsense right now, I would be very worried about certain college photos surfacing.  They are by NO means anything other than run of the mill millennial sorority girl photos, but they would be enough to cause significant embarrassment, speculation, and damage to a conservative image.  

He doesn't need to be convicted in a court of law.  All he needs is for ONE person to have had enough and sell their story or photos to In Touch.  That's enough to sink this battleship.

Agreed. I'm an incredibly boring person and I was incredibly uptight when I was younger (now that I'm older I'm just moderately uptight and even more boring, hahaha), but if I were a religious fundamentalist with a public platform like Derick, there are all kinds of things from my past I'd be worried about resurfacing. To me they seem totally benign and dull, but if I were a Duggar it they would be shocking and sensational.

3 hours ago, bananabread said:

Just when I thought D-Wreck couldn't get any worse...:pb_sad:

I would kill to know what Jill really thinks of D-Wreck's LGBT obsession. 

Yes. Why does it always circle back to gay and transgender issues with Derick?  Surely he's smart enough to realize how that would be seen as "the lady doth protest too much"?  

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

There have been some salacious blinds about Derick having a suspiciously close young male friend in SA.  I don't know that I believe that.

What I give more credit to are the tweets from private twitter accounts who claimed to know Derick at OSU implying that his behavior and reputation at OSU were very much in contrast to his current image and agenda with regards to LGBTQ+ issues.  That could mean anything from Derick had a reputation for experimenting himself to he was an ally who was involved with the community in a positive way.  But I do believe that there is more to this story.

Between soulmates?   Courtland confirmed that Tori used to ask his permission to hook up with Jenelle when they were together!  

Interesting. I never read those tweets, are they posted somewhere? Now I'm even more curious. 

23 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Interesting. I never read those tweets, are they posted somewhere? Now I'm even more curious. 

I think if you google variations of Reddit, Dwreck (spelled slightly differently), and gay or cheating, you can find lots of gossip. There are a lot of weird theories out there about that messed up man-child.

ETA: Reddit also offers theories on Jeremy being gay, too!  It's a wealth of gossip, but all of questionable value.

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know, I'm kind of skeptical about this. Aren't the 'sources' all really iffy things like blind items? I feel like the 'closeted self-loathing homosexual' accusation gets thrown at these right-wing anti-gay crusaders all the time, but it's usually not true, they're just straight up bigots (no pun intended). 

I used to think that, as well, until I started working in a rural area and literally all of the virulently homophobic teenagers I worked with were major closet cases. The rest of them either supported LGBT rights or didn't care. I know the plural of anecdote isn't data, but between that and the number of anti-gay politicians and religious leaders who keep getting caught with their pants down with members of the same sex, I kinda wonder. And I'm not saying that all conservative Christians who oppose LGBT rights are secretly LGBT-- just that I suspect that many of the really aggressive ones, who get really weird and personal about it, are. 

4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Some are blinds, but I've seen tweets from people who claimed to know him at OSU making some pretty pointed comments in the same direction.  

And that's not to say that I believe anything about Derick: just that he DID go to a 4 year university.  And many, many things that would be an absolutely normal part of a 4 year college experience are absolutely at odds with his current image.  The more he spouts off like this, the more likely he is to eventually offend either someone who decides to investigate his years in college OR someone who witnessed him in college and perhaps has something that looks bad.  

And, given his age, there's a good chance that if this is true, there's photo evidence somewhere. I've always been incredibly thankful that I graduated college right when cell phone cameras were starting to become popular. There are comparatively few pictures of me partying in college, for which I am extremely thankful. It's all pretty run-of-the-mill, I suppose, but I'm pretty confident that if I suddenly came out against drinking and/or premarital sex, sooooo many of my former college friends would be calling my ass out. With those pics. And I'd deserve it. It's one thing to say that you made mistakes in life, own up to prior actions, and say you'd have done differently in the past and will do differently in the future (though I disagree with the logic of "I made a mistake in doing x, so nobody else should ever do x, either"). It's quite another to sit astride the highest of horses and proclaim that this thing is Wrong and Terrible when you've done it yourself and don't own up to it. 

15 minutes ago, artdecades said:

I am inclined to not believe the Dwreck rumors but I also didn’t believe the josh rumors and look what happened. 

I believed half of the Josh rumors. I just didn't think his victims would be sisters.

I never thought of reddit for Duggar trash lol.

I don't know about cell phone cameras though. Derick is a year younger than me and I had a flip phone of shame for a few years. Smart phones really didn't become a thing until 2009 or so. And even then it was blackberry and the pictures were grainy as fuck and looked like they were taken on a shoe phone. There may be pictures but for the most part Derick was pre smart phone.

43 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I used to think that, as well, until I started working in a rural area and literally all of the virulently homophobic teenagers I worked with were major closet cases. The rest of them either supported LGBT rights or didn't care. I know the plural of anecdote isn't data, but between that and the number of anti-gay politicians and religious leaders who keep getting caught with their pants down with members of the same sex, I kinda wonder. And I'm not saying that all conservative Christians who oppose LGBT rights are secretly LGBT-- just that I suspect that many of the really aggressive ones, who get really weird and personal about it, are. 

Interesting. I haven't really known many of these types in person. I do recall one young man I met through church - not sure if he was specifically hung up about LGBTQ issues, but he was one of those arrogant 19-year-old conservative apologist types, which was actually pretty unusual in that church. Anyway, in his spare time he sketched homoerotic pictures of extremely buff, shirtless superheros. Obviously he wouldn't have described it as homoerotic, but it was quite something. I just looked him up on Facebook (I last saw him like 6-7 years ago at least) and he's still Mr. Young Apologist, more Christian than Christ himself. So who knows. Sadly I couldn't find any of the homoerotic superhero sketches, so either they're not public or he deleted them.

For those of you recently inquiring about Dwreck's stepdad, Mr. Byrum, I don't think he's been a fan of this dog and pony show since the beginning. I took this photo from Jill and Derick's wedding special back in 2014 because Mr. Byrum's face made me burst out loud with laughter.

PS, this is also the same face I make when I see Dwreck at it again on Twitter.

WIN_20160503_212225.JPG

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Sadly I couldn't find any of the homoerotic superhero sketches, so either they're not public or he deleted them.

I'm sad, too. Those sound fucking amazing!

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived