IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Katie won't be 18 until October so I doubt they will announce any special friends until then. I don't think they make that public until their daughter is 18. I believe they kept fairly quiet about it with Alyssa and Josie until they were 18. I feel like there aren't too many opportunities for Katie to find a special friend. She doesn't go to college yet does she? So it's mostly her brothers' friends. And my bet would be that Logan that's always around. 

I believe she is still home schooling but is duel enrolled at crown. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

YES this was my point exactly. Katie couldn't complete an "online" nursing program, that doesn't exist. And Crown doesn't offer nursing as far as I could find, so hopefully this means that Katie's getting to branch out and do some sort of community college/technical college type program

I am guessing that Katie would go to some local community college for nursing.  My mom, who became a nurse at the age of 40, took her nursing training from a community college. 

She had some interesting stories from when she took her clinicals though.  Those were an eye opener.  Wonder how far Katie will go when she realizes exactly what nursing will entail.  My guess is the idea of being a nurse is one thing, but the realities of actually working might be a entirely another.   If she gets that far.

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe Gil and kelly are telling Katie to do one year at Crown first because they think she will meet a nice young fundie guy who she will want to marry. And forget all about wanting to be a nurse.

That's what I am thinking.  Gil and Kelly won't exactly say "no" but rather send her down a path that might end up diverting her from that plan instead.   

On 4/13/2018 at 7:43 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

^ goodness, the two older girls in that pic look JUST like their dad and uncle! lol.

Anyone notice this - in the Bates fb live prior to this past episode, Katie revealed that she was planning to pursue nursing after she finishes her 1-year Bible certificate from Crown. Crown doesn't offer a nursing program that I can find.... could Gil and KJ possibly be letting Katie pull a Michael and do a program at a "regular" community college? 

Pensacola has a nursing program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. http://www.pcci.edu/Academics/Divisions/ArtsAndSciences/Nursing/ 

I am fairly certain she will go a la Jill Duggar and start the nursing, find her own education is so lacking she can't do the schooling, and drop down to be a midwife but only halfway do that too so she's not official.  I wish she would be a nurse. But I would be very surprised.  

I've found the Bates have been very quiet on social media except for promoing their 100th episode. Particularly Carlin. 

3 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I am fairly certain she will go a la Jill Duggar and start the nursing, find her own education is so lacking she can't do the schooling, and drop down to be a midwife but only halfway do that too so she's not official.  I wish she would be a nurse. But I would be very surprised.  

I've found the Bates have been very quiet on social media except for promoing their 100th episode. Particularly Carlin. 

You have to watch their stories they are more active on those. Carlin is in IL with Evan and his family they had a concert at a church yesterday. Erin took Carson out for ice cream Everly was there but no Brooklyn sighting. Whitney was buying flowers to plant a few days ago. and Trace and Katie seem to be hanging out right now. 

12 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

The Bates girls might have a slightly better home education than the Duggars since most seem to be able to get through some college.

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bates girls might have a slightly better home education than the Duggars since most seemto be able to get through some college.

plus IIRC Kelly's degree was in education. 

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

plus IIRC Kelly's degree was in education. 

It is. I'm not saying they had a great home education because she probably had her teen daughters doing a lot of it in the later years. However it has to be better than the Duggars. 

Just checked out Katie’s IG. These Bates kids are undeniably photogenic. Sure does make it easier on them when it comes to selling their shitty beliefs.

Surelly to attend a real college you would need some type of certification similar to a high school diploma? i am not sure how that works but maybe Katie enrolled this year at Crown for that reason. That 1 year course she is taking  doesnt seem that usefull but maybe it serves as acreditation to enter at nursing school.

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

Surelly to attend a real college you would need some type of certification similar to a high school diploma? i am not sure how that works but maybe Katie enrolled this year at Crown for that reason. That 1 year course she is taking  doesnt seem that usefull but maybe it serves as acreditation to enter at nursing school.

I think the Bates may take the GED or at least Zach much have to get into the police academy 

7 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think the Bates may take the GED or at least Zach much have to get into the police academy 

Well in that case then i find it very extrange. I mean whats the point of doing a 1 year useless bible course at 17 years old if you already plan to have higher education anyway? its such a waste of money, isnt it? she should be saving for the nursing school! I mean in the case of Trace it made more sense because he seemed not that interested in college anyways, he probably only wanted to go to be in the sports team and that kind of stuff, so i always assumed he is in mostly for the "college experience" than anything else, really. 

8 minutes ago, llucie said:

Well in that case then i find it very extrange. I mean whats the point of doing a 1 year useless bible course at 17 years old if you already plan to have higher education anyway? its such a waste of money, isnt it? she should be saving for the nursing school! I mean in the case of Trace it made more sense because he seemed not that interested in college anyways, he probably only wanted to go to be in the sports team and that kind of stuff, so i always assumed he is in mostly for the "college experience" than anything else, really. 

I think that was their way of getting out of paying for her nursing. the Bates will pay for their kids first semester of College then it's up to the kids to pay for. plus it's probably a way to appease her parents that she isn't going into a fundy approved occupation. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think that was their way of getting out of paying for her nursing. the Bates will pay for their kids first semester of College then it's up to the kids to pay for. plus it's probably a way to appease her parents that she isn't going into a fundy approved occupation. 

Well thats sad if thats the case. But i wonder how she will pay for it then? maybe an older brother or sister will help her? she seems close to Lawson, and i know he did help Erin. 

And by the way i dont think she is courting, i think she only went public in instagram to make that promotion of the mayfielddairy ice cream. You cant do ads with your instagram private.

4 minutes ago, llucie said:

Well thats sad if thats the case. But i wonder how she will pay for it then? maybe an older brother or sister will help her? she seems close to Lawson, and i know he did help Erin. 

And by the way i dont think she is courting, i think she only went public in instagram to make that promotion of the mayfielddairy ice cream. You cant do ads with your instagram private.

the kids must get something for being on the show or at least I would hope so and i would think she would use that. at least there has been no mention of the kids needing to borrow money since the show started but yes if she did need to borrow it then I'm sure Lawson would be the logical answer. 

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

the kids must get something for being on the show or at least I would hope so and i would think she would use that. at least there has been no mention of the kids needing to borrow money since the show started but yes if she did need to borrow it then I'm sure Lawson would be the logical answer. 

Oh dear me no. Derick said it's all volunteer work. So there's that. 

1 minute ago, Nikedagain? said:

Oh dear me no. Derick said it's all volunteer work. So there's that. 

Derick also said none of his family would be featured on the show. opps guess Jill didn't get that message at joy's birth.  (I will give him a pass on the jill talking head as it was probably taped before it all fell apart for Derick) :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Derick also said none of his family would be featured on the show. opps guess Jill didn't get that message at joy's birth.  (I will give him a pass on the jill talking head as it was probably taped before it all fell apart for Derick) :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Silly Derick! What a kooky, madcap feller he is! 

It looks like Walters State Community College may be Katie's best bet for nursing. She would have to drive a bit to get there for class but it's small, affordable, and she could still live at home. And by small I mean it's not a college with a party atmosphere that Kelly and Gil would freak out about. It has associates degrees in Nursing which would likely help her to get her RN. 

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like Walters State Community College may be Katie's best bet for nursing. She would have to drive a bit to get there for class but it's small, affordable, and she could still live at home. And by small I mean it's not a college with a party atmosphere that Kelly and Gil would freak out about. It has associates degrees in Nursing which would likely help her to get her RN. 

Pellissippi State Community College is another viable option- a 30 min drive vs ~2 hours for WSCC.

Just now, ColeJo said:

Pellissippi State Community College is another viable option- a 30 min drive vs ~2 hours for WSCC.

I checked and unfortunately they don't have a nursing program. 

5 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Michaela too, she has an associates degree from a real community college. I'm guessing some of them have GEDs, probably Nathan too if he has the pilot certification.

I bet Katie will go to Pensacola since it's Christian if she does plan on doing a Nursing degree. 

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Michaela too, she has an associates degree from a real community college. I'm guessing some of them have GEDs, probably Nathan too if he has the pilot certification.

I bet Katie will go to Pensacola since it's Christian if she does plan on doing a Nursing degree. 

That also would be a good option, althought more expensive. But they do have Alyssa living in florida. And also both Bobby and and Kelton wnt there so they must aprove of the school.

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I dont think they earn that much money with the show. Up tv is not like TLC. I mean most of them are still living in such small houses, like Erin, renting that small cottage. If the reality money was good she would have upgraded i believe.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived