IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, LillyP said:

. That being said I'm impressed Alyssa is wearing pants with her family. In the past she's made comments about how while they know (obviously) she wears pants she usually still wears dresses/skirts around her family out of respect but clearly she's doing her own thing these days!

I think it may have something to do with the Bates Parents being on Alyssa's turf now. they are in her State she isn't in their house.  so she can be more  with her choices and not care so much about how they feel about said choices. for some reason I feel like i Have seen a pic of Alyssa in pants at the Bates house though (not positive on that so could be very wrong) 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could probably have been able to walk around an amusement park with my second pregnancy but not my first one. I walked quite long distances during that pregnancy and while I could not walk as fast as I can when I am not pregnant I wasn't in pain or overly uncomfortable. I went swimming in a lake when I had already passed my due date several times and my one problem was all the looks I got from people seeing my giant tummy. I got a couple of questions about being due soon and answered them the date that had already passed. With my first I could hardly move at all other than at a pace that was slow enough for me to be outrun by snails and sloths.

15 hours ago, LillyP said:

I honestly can't imagine anything I'd rather do less than go to Disney....(A) while pregnant, and (B) without kids. Seriously to me Disney is one of those places you take your kids to so they can have the experience a couple of times in life....and after that you go on cool vacations.

Ha ha, I have to defend the Disney Parks.  My husband and I went several times before we had children.  The Parks are really fun as adults.  You can do what you want to do when you want to do it, you don't have to deal with nap times, tantrums, or early bedtimes.  Disney is a masterful story teller and literally everything in the parks has a backstory that you can discover paying attention to the details. There are lots of upscale restuarants and bars and nightlife.

Plus, you get to enjoy the copius, copius amounts of alcohol that is available everywhere that isn't the Magic Kingdom. I'm pretty sure the entire Epcot World Showcase exists In order for adults to drink a lot. Yes and cultural exposure and learning and  blah blah blah. But first, I'mma need to go have a margarita, followed by a German beer, followed by an Italian wine, followed by a Grey Goose slushie (you know, that culturally accurate and famous drink of France).  And because you can get anywhere on property with Disney's internal transportation system, you don't need to worry about a DD.

Um, the Bates may not enjoy Disney World the same way my husband and I do.

@sparklymagie Oh I've definitely done Disney as an adult with no kids before, hence why I said it would be the last place I'd want to go for a babymoon! ;)DH and I lived in Florida about an hour away from Kissimmee for 3 years so we're pretty well familiar with Disney. Then again I don't find the thought of being around a bunch of kids whining and crying while I'm trying to enjoy a kid-free vacation all that enticing...haha. I'm currently 34w pregnant and if I was headed on a babymoon it would be somewhere I could relax and not fight crowds of people but to each his own. All the "fun" things for adults to enjoy aren't things I could partake in while pregnant anyway...lol...like riding coasters or drinking.

3 hours ago, LillyP said:

@sparklymagie Oh I've definitely done Disney as an adult with no kids before, hence why I said it would be the last place I'd want to go for a babymoon! ;)DH and I lived in Florida about an hour away from Kissimmee for 3 years so we're pretty well familiar with Disney. Then again I don't find the thought of being around a bunch of kids whining and crying while I'm trying to enjoy a kid-free vacation all that enticing...haha. I'm currently 34w pregnant and if I was headed on a babymoon it would be somewhere I could relax and not fight crowds of people but to each his own. All the "fun" things for adults to enjoy aren't things I could partake in while pregnant anyway...lol...like riding coasters or drinking.

Definitely a fair point! Our trip when I was pregnant was my least favorite.  I was super nauseated and I spent the trip being exhausted and bitter that I couldn't enjoy the food or have some of my favorite drinks. 

The characters made a big deal out of me being pregnant though which was kind of fun.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:08 AM, TatiFish9 said:

In regards to different rules for the younger kids...

I believe the Josh Duggar scandal really shook this subgroup of Christian hard. It caused them to look closely at their courtship related rules more than anything. I believe the Bates have been more conscious than the Duggars in that they have asked their children to slow down a bit and seem to subliminally let them know that marriage is more than "I like him and her. We make a great fit. Let's hop the altar."

The Bates Valentine's theme, controversy aside, is a direct hit at such ideology. *

This is what we may look like when we're older. Will you still love me then?

* Personally, I think it is brilliantly placed. Helps these kids to get out of their pants/skirts and into their critical thinking skills while choosing a mater.

Also, I think it comes down to parenting dynamics. As parents mature on their own personal journeys and learn from their older children, experience usually aid in them making better decisions.

Btw, I agree Tori looked thirsty AF and anxious beyond this world to get a RING. To me it is totally a status thing for her. I am not sure if she even cared about that man so long as he came with a ring attached to him. She ended up coming off obnoxious by the end of it all.

I bet she was nervous, causing a panicked obsessive respsone

Still, it was difficult to watch.

Does anybody else remember in the early seasons when all the siblings said Tori would be next to get married because she desperately wanted to be in a relationship. They all said she was basically “boy crazy” and open to dating anybody that came along. 

14 hours ago, sparklymagie said:

Ha ha, I have to defend the Disney Parks.  My husband and I went several times before we had children.  The Parks are really fun as adults.  You can do what you want to do when you want to do it, you don't have to deal with nap times, tantrums, or early bedtimes.  Disney is a masterful story teller and literally everything in the parks has a backstory that you can discover paying attention to the details. There are lots of upscale restuarants and bars and nightlife.

Plus, you get to enjoy the copius, copius amounts of alcohol that is available everywhere that isn't the Magic Kingdom. I'm pretty sure the entire Epcot World Showcase exists In order for adults to drink a lot. Yes and cultural exposure and learning and  blah blah blah. But first, I'mma need to go have a margarita, followed by a German beer, followed by an Italian wine, followed by a Grey Goose slushie (you know, that culturally accurate and famous drink of France).  And because you can get anywhere on property with Disney's internal transportation system, you don't need to worry about a DD.

Um, the Bates may not enjoy Disney World the same way my husband and I do.

I’m totally into Disney trips. My husband and I watch Disney videos all the time! We are taking our kids again in a couple of months but we can’t wait to take a trip to Disney without the kids in a year or so.

Nathan was talking about training pilots in Texas at Alert in the last episode. Alert is the fake military Gothard camp right? I thought it was for young boys not pilot age. 

When did Alert become a place to get a pilots license?

I’m totally not shaming and I apologize up-front for the way this will come across.

I’m watching last night’s episode now. Is there any chance Kelly could be pregnant? I think she looks different than she has in other recent episodes and she seems to be walking differently.

I feel terrible for speculating about a woman’s body. I just think she looks different, not just in size but in shape, and the question came to mind immediately.

Okay so from the clip I saw of Warden baking a cake. 1. it's great that the Bates parents are so into Warden cooking/baking and encourage it. he seems to enjoy it.

now on to Snark if I was Kelly Jo i would have told Alyssa that if she wanted me to watch the girls she'd bring them to me or find someone else to me missing Isaiah's birthday for that was unexcusible. no matter that she set up some lasser tag crap to make up for it. 

No,Kelly has gained weight.She isn't pregnant.I am honestly not meaning to seem rude,and I am in the same boat,but she's on camera and like me,in photos,and her in photos and on camera,it's obvious.

On 3/9/2018 at 5:53 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Okay so from the clip I saw of Warden baking a cake. 1. it's great that the Bates parents are so into Warden cooking/baking and encourage it. he seems to enjoy it.

now on to Snark if I was Kelly Jo i would have told Alyssa that if she wanted me to watch the girls she'd bring them to me or find someone else to me missing Isaiah's birthday for that was unexcusible. no matter that she set up some lasser tag crap to make up for it. 

Erin was really encouraging Warden about his enthusiasm for cooking last year. She was telling him how many men are successful chefs, I was surprised when she used Bobby Flay as an example to him. I didn’t expect her to know any pop culture chefs for some reason.

so I was just watching the live from the last episode and of course they Zach is saying up is great family programing for the whole family and that your channel should always be there. I have to disagree. I love 7th heaven and Gilmore girls but no way I'd call them great family shows. okay 7th heaven for the first few season but towards the end you have premarital sex tattoos miscarriage and bunch of other things. 

and Gilmore girls revolves around a single woman who was a teenage mother and ran away from her parents and then all the premarital sex and cheating that happens on that show yikes. it just cracks me up when the Bates act like Up is really a wholesome channel. 

I'll say this for KB, she always looks delighted and in the moment with the grandchildren. Mullet just looks like she's fake smiling every time. 

Streaming last week's BUB episode now. Did anyone notice the Elijah that's tagging along with Tori's wedding planning is the same kid that was working for "Uncle Jim Bob" in the web video on TLC with the Duggar boys? 

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

Streaming last week's BUB episode now. Did anyone notice the Elijah that's tagging along with Tori's wedding planning is the same kid that was working for "Uncle Jim Bob" in the web video on TLC with the Duggar boys? 

Yup. His name is Elija Kaneshiro. I follow him on Instagram and he lived with th Duggars for a long time and then appeared to go to Tennessee for a while to attend crown college last fall

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yup. His name is Elija Kaneshiro. I follow him on Instagram and he lived with th Duggars for a long time and then appeared to go to Tennessee for a while to attend crown college last fall

he seems to be back with the Duggar's now as someone mentioned him being at Josh's birthday party. I guess he was talking to Jana in the video Anna uploaded. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So is he wife searching or what's his purpose? I've never heard of this guy. 

He may be searching for a wife but I really don’t think it’ll be Jana....maybe another Arkansas fundie

from the webisode, he lives with the Duggars because Jim Bob offered him a job

46 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

He may be searching for a wife but I really don’t think it’ll be Jana....maybe another Arkansas fundie

from the webisode, he lives with the Duggars because Jim Bob offered him a job

So he's cleaning toilets for JB  like one of the Hartono boys used to do?  

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

So he's cleaning toilets for JB  like one of the Hartono boys used to do?  

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/videos/the-duggar-boys-go-to-work

here is the webisode 

Mysterious envelopes what could it be. (Of course we all know.)

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-the-envelopes-please/

and brides maid dress shopping

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-dressed-to-the-nineteens/

If they weren't otherwise always styled to the T, I wouldn't even have realized they're in their pajamas. In my world, those are just regular toddler clothes.

"Big" news! Whatever could it be? Ya just never know with these crazy Bateses.... #imguessingtoriispreggers

Screenshot_2018-03-16-00-09-37.png

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived