IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

"Big" news! Whatever could it be? Ya just never know with these crazy Bateses.... #imguessingtoriispreggers

Screenshot_2018-03-16-00-09-37.png

I'm sure its Alyssa pregnancy annoucment.  We havent seen these one in the show. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rough going for the frumper crowd.  While I know Alyssa and the married women are unlikely to attend, but the Duggar and Bates girls are really stepping up their style game.   How are the more plain girls supposed to compete, I mean draw attention to their countenances, with the likes of Josie, Jessa, etc wandering around the meat market, I mean Big Sandy.  

17 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Rough going for the frumper crowd.  While I know Alyssa and the married women are unlikely to attend, but the Duggar and Bates girls are really stepping up their style game.   How are the more plain girls supposed to compete, I mean draw attention to their countenances, with the likes of Josie, Jessa, etc wandering around the meat market, I mean Big Sandy.  

it's okay the Duggar's only marriageable daughter is Jana and the Duggar daughters seem to marry randoms not ATI.

as for the Bates who do seem to marry ATI mostly the only single one is 17 year old Katie with both Carlin and Josie in relationships. 

2 hours ago, miss_batson said:

I'm sure its Alyssa pregnancy annoucment.  We havent seen these one in the show. 

But then why does Alyssa have an envelope too?

I'm wondering if with the bridesmaid shopping if it could be an invitation to be one of Tori's bridesmaids, or something bridesmaid related.

21 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

cute Bradley and Kaci pic

People! This small girl child is wearing a blue tshirt w/ an aeroplane--clearly meant for a boy!! Slap a giant pink bow on her head, stat, before we all get confused!

I'm pretty sure it's the pregnancy announcement for either Alyssa or Erin.  It's part of the show not a special add on announcement.  

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

But then why does Alyssa have an envelope too?

I'm wondering if with the bridesmaid shopping if it could be an invitation to be one of Tori's bridesmaids, or something bridesmaid related.

probably to throw people off I mean I guess it could be will you be my brides maid but Alyssa being pregnant makes the most sense.  just think Zoey is due in only a few short weeks and Erin well not due till the end of April very well could deliver before Alyssa because of her blood clotting issue. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

People! This small girl child is wearing a blue tshirt w/ an aeroplane--clearly meant for a boy!! Slap a giant pink bow on her head, stat, before we all get confused!

But don't worry, she's wearing pink leggings! These people probably know if they'll be pushing out babies that they'll be reusing baby clothes in one way or another.

Why would Alyssa be holding one of the envelopes if it were her announcement? Otherwise that would make sense and yeah it wouldn't make sense for it to be Tori. IF the news is pregnancy the only other possibility is Michael. It could make sense that she found out around Tori’s wedding and just now making it public. If so they would have pulled  off a huge surprise, so probably not. Has Michael posted on SM lately? 

Ugh nevermind. I just read the episode description and its all about custom bridesmaids dresses with mzzzzz Rene (fuck we have to see that wretched woman on two shows now?). So big agree to whoever said the envelopes were for the bridesmaids. 

41 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Why would Alyssa be holding one of the envelopes if it were her announcement? Otherwise that would make sense and yeah it wouldn't make sense for it to be Tori. IF the news is pregnancy the only other possibility is Michael. It could make sense that she found out around Tori’s wedding and just now making it public. If so they would have pulled  off a huge surprise, so probably not. Has Michael posted on SM lately? 

here is a full body shot of Micheal ice skating on Feb 7th. this was obviously taped sometime before December plus I don't see Micheal Ice skating if she was pregnant. 

9 hours ago, miss_batson said:

I know but Alyssa is in that photo with her own envelope and that last photo included of Tori seemed out of place... It could also have been Erin. guess we will find out soon enough :)

6 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Does anybody recap BUB episodes? I don't have up.

I did for a while, but my tortured little brain cells were begging for death abd I thought it best not to traumatize them further.

Also, my husband would have teased me mercilessly if he found out. And I don’t want my toddler or my dog exposed to that garbage. But mostly my poor little brain cells. :pb_lol:

I just watched it. All the fam got together for a picnic, since everyone was in town for wedding/bridesmaid dress shipping at Mzzzzzzz Reneeeee's. There were mysterious envelopes that Gil happened to find in a bag, one for every person. Inside was an announcement for Alyssa's pregnancy. Poor Michael then gets the focus on her and how does that makes her feel. Poor thing. Then, the rest of the show is in the wedding shop. Tori wants long sleeves because she is self-conscious of her "fat arms." She tried on dress # one, long sleeves, smiled and liked. Tried two more dresses on that the other women- sisters, mom, sil's, little sisters, etc... all had an opinion about and they liked better. You could tell she didn't like because they had cap sleeves, not long sleeves. Also purple bridesmaid dress trying on. Purple, pick your style. In the end Tori got the dress she liked. Good for her.  I will pinch the person who tries to criticize my oldest when we go dress shopping. (She just got engaged and we are so excited to go shopping.)

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

And I don’t want my toddler or my dog exposed to that garbage. But mostly my poor little brain cells. :pb_lol:

The fact that you included your dog in this sentence made me laugh really hard! All the love to you. Keep those loved ones save! :-D

I felt so terrible for Michael when they were guessing who was pregnant!

I was relieved when she said Alyssa called her a week earlier to let her know. That was very thoughtful of her.

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

The fact that you included your dog in this sentence made me laugh really hard! All the love to you. Keep those loved ones save! :-D

We got her two months after our wedding and she’s helped nurse me* through one miscarriage, morning sickness, early labor, NICU anxiety, new Mom fatigue, and panic attacks. She’s absolutely my first baby at this point. :my_heart:

*And by “nurse” I mean, for example, that she cuddled me all day on the couch while I miscarried and kissed the side of my face when I had really bad morning sickness. She’s really the sweetest little dog. She thinks the baby is actually her puppy and I’m just there to offer my services as a Nanny. There’s no way she’d consider BUB as quality programming for her puppy. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I felt so terrible for Michael when they were guessing who was pregnant!

I was relieved when she said Alyssa called her a week earlier to let her know. That was very thoughtful of her.

That was very thoughtful. I get the feeling that the married Bateses try to be considerate of one another when it comes to announcing pregnancies due to the struggles Erin and Michael have experienced. It wouldn’t surprise me if Alyssa had pulled Erin aside before announcing her first pregnancy or if Erin called Michael ahead of time to tell her about her pregnancies either. 

And I do feel badly for Michael. She clearly adores the children in the family. It must be horrible living in that culture and longing for children that just aren’t coming. 

@VelociRapture your dog sounds awesome!! My parents got a puppy after my grandpa died two years ago. We already had one dog at this point (to be honest I can't remember a time without at least one family dog!) and he was already really old. The day after my grandpa's funeral they got the new dog and he was (and still is) the sweetest and having an adorable, cuddly and totally clumsy little dog at home helped a lot with the grieving process!

Now that he isn't a baby anymore my mother occasionally (like all. the. time.) mentions how much she'd loved grand babies. I'm the oldest so the pressure is on me. It's probably time for a new puppy!! :D:D:D

On 3/15/2018 at 9:20 PM, VelociRapture said:

And I don’t want my toddler or my dog exposed to that garbage

I laughed out loud! Because it's so true, It's so funny ;)

I liked that they acknowledged the elephant in the room  that everyone wants it to be Michael and that Alyssa called her ahead of time.  

I guess the only plus of Michael's infertility is she gets to know before anyone else in the family. I've dealt with infertility and it really helps a lot when you are told in private beforehand. 

Here is a recent Instagram post. I think it's weird he was asked to pray. I'm just the type of person who doesn't really like religion mixed with politics. It doesn't even matter what religion it is. Imagine if they had a Muslim person come in and pray. They would all lose their minds. 

IMG_7408.PNG

I appreciate that Alyssa took the time to call Michaela. It's always better to hear it direct from one person than be surprised. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived