IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been thinking that now that Josiah Duggar is courting, there’s 3 Duggar men in relationships vs 4 Girls. Meanwhile, the Bates are 6 Girls vs one guy.

i hope the next announcement is from a Bates boy and not Katie. I’m curious to see which type of girls Lawson and Nathan end up with

i have this idea that the very last part of 2018 (if Josie doesn't marry in December like her sister) and pretty much all 2019 will be the boy's year. Katie is still too much needed at home to let her go, plus after her, there will be the middle lost boy, so maybe her year will be 2020

There's a lady pimping out her daughter to Trace on his most recent instagram post (the one congratulating Josie and Kelton)...:my_sick:

1 hour ago, albireo said:

There's a lady pimping out her daughter to Trace on his most recent instagram post (the one congratulating Josie and Kelton)...:my_sick:

So fucking weird. First of all, who pimps their daughter out like that? And second of all, the daughter doesn't seem remotely fundie. She's in college (and in a sorority to boot), wears bikinis, has a tattoo and is a Taylor Swift fan. What could she possibly want with someone like Trace?

12 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Katie is still too much needed at home to let her go, plus after her, there will be the middle lost boy, so maybe her year will be 2020

I'm beginning to wonder how much of a help the girls that are still home (Carlin, Josie, and Katie) really are with Michael still coming down to help "cook" after Kelly had surgery this past week. Like was discussed in the previous thread, maybe she just wanted to visit her mom and truly help out, but it just really makes me wonder. 

It seems very odd to me. Erin, Whitney, and Tori all live near home. Michael must have just wanted to be there.  Plus Carlin, Josie, and Katie all live there. Not to mention the boys. 

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

It seems very odd to me. Erin, Whitney, and Tori all live near home. Michael must have just wanted to be there.  Plus Carlin, Josie, and Katie all live there. Not to mention the boys. 

I kind of get the feeling that Michael jumps at any chance to play sister-mom again. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody actually asked her to come but she offered (or insisted). Sadly, it's not like she has a ton else going on.

37 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I kind of get the feeling that Michael jumps at any chance to play sister-mom again. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody actually asked her to come but she offered (or insisted). Sadly, it's not like she has a ton else going on.

I think you might be onto something there. I watched a bunch of BUB and then I had to stop because I couldn't take it anymore but then I found an episode of United Bates of America. Which I cannot believe was only six (seven?) years ago. What struck me, besides Erin's hair, was how much you could see Michael doing in the background, she was holding and feeding the baby (Jeb?), she was packing for their trip, she was cooking, she was cleaning etc. 

I guess I could see how she misses the hustle and bustle of the Bates household and it is probably a good distraction too. 

Kelly posted a birthday message to Trace and Jeb:

In what world is it normal for sisters to talk amongst themselves about how handsome their brother is? That is seriously weird.

35 minutes ago, JillyO said:

In what world is it normal for sisters to talk amongst themselves about how handsome their brother is? That is seriously weird.

It is super weird. I guess it’s all about the daughters “lifting up” and “praising” their brothers :roll: 

Still, so much better than Michelle Duggar can seem to come up with! I’ll let Kelly have this one. 

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

My sister and I actually talk a lot about how handsome our brother is, but no to praise him or whatever, but in the hope that he gets more comfortable with himself and gets more confident when it comes to women. Not that this is necessary, but he has a tendency to end up with girls that break his heart just because he doesn't deserve better.

Kelly posting about her adult sons really sounds like she tries to sell them to the female audience. 

Canditate #1: Nathan- the quiet and strong (never forget the mud show) humanitarian. He flies planes and saves lives worldwide but his heart longes for a sweet and humble country girl.

Candidate #2: Lawson- the good looking music star/lawn mowing entrepreneur  whose heart is still to be captured. He is talented, fun and perfect with children.

Candidate #3- Trace- this sporty young men has just overcome his incredible shyness. He is into fashion and shares a close bond with his youngest brother and his sisters. He is also a big name in the local lawn mowing business.

Applications by meek Christian women with a heart for the lord are welcome under.....

Guys, this is not BEC.  And I am a mother. I would NEVER say anything negative about a child. Ever. But I'm wondering if anyone else was concerned hearing Addallee speak last night in Erin's episode last night? I may have misheard it but did she sound like something was wrong? I am not making fun. I am only asking if anyone else heard it. 

34 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Guys, this is not BEC.  And I am a mother. I would NEVER say anything negative about a child. Ever. But I'm wondering if anyone else was concerned hearing Addallee speak last night in Erin's episode last night? I may have misheard it but did she sound like something was wrong? I am not making fun. I am only asking if anyone else heard it. 

Posting quickly, then returning to lurkdom -

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/bates-family-20-praying-children/story%3fid=14359053

Addee was born prematurely, I believe at home, and had complications following birth. She stopped breathing and her heart stopped as well. She spent 17 days in NICU. As of this article from August 2011 she was reportedly pretty healthy and only had some hearing issues. If her speech sounds a little off it could very well be due to this. 

Thank you so much! She does sound like she might be hard of hearing. I wasn't sure what was going on.  I missed this somehow.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Thank you so much! She does sound like she might be hard of hearing. I wasn't sure what was going on.  I missed this somehow.  Thank you!

I noticed it as well and it took me by surprise too. Hopefully it’s nothing at all but it definitely sounded like there was something going on. Like @VelociRapture said it could very well be from the complications of her birth. 

Now on another note - I have a question for all you FJers. It’s nothing I’m snarking on or even implying was weird but just something that generally surprised me. In the episode Whitney hugged her boss. Is that a regional thing and people in the South just give hugs more freely? I mean, again, no snark here but I just couldn’t see anybody in my area hugging their superior at work. I work at a small business similar to Whit and I would feel so awkward hugging anybody there. So what about you guys? 

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

I noticed it as well and it took me by surprise too. Hopefully it’s nothing at all but it definitely sounded like there was something going on. Like @VelociRapture said it could very well be from the complications of her birth. 

Now on another note - I have a question for all you FJers. It’s nothing I’m snarking on or even implying was weird but just something that generally surprised me. In the episode Whitney hugged her boss. Is that a regional thing and people in the South just give hugs more freely? I mean, again, no snark here but I just couldn’t see anybody in my area hugging their superior at work. I work at a small business similar to Whit and I would feel so awkward hugging anybody there. So what about you guys? 

I work for a $6B/year, international insurance company my boss and I have hugged quite a few times (though not regularly). She is female and I am also female so I don't know if that plays into it. I have never hugged any of my bosses prior to this though and I do wonder if I would feel uncomfortable hugging a male superior. I think it honestly just depends on the two people involved and their level of comfort with each other. 

Having lived most of my life in NYC and now in Texas, there is a lot more hugging here.  Just in general.  From what I have seen over the last five years. 

7 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Not on a regular basis, but for Christmas, goodbyes at the end of a job, or condolences when a loved one dies. Sometimes for goodbye before one goes on vacation. Whitney does tend to hug people regularly; I remember seeing one episode with the Duggars(Erin's wedding?) where Whitney is about to hug Jimbob then backs off and shakes hands instead.

In my business, it’s almost expected to hug. I mostly work from home but when I do see my coworkers several times a year, I always hug them. And my clients too... I really think it’s based on the industry and perception. In my industry, it’s necessary to be personable, friendly and outgoing. 

13 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I hug my coworkers, including my boss, but we're all very friendly and close with one another. I just relocated to our UK office, and it was a total hug-fest at my goodbye drinks. 

6 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

In my business, it’s almost expected to hug. I mostly work from home but when I do see my coworkers several times a year, I always hug them. And my clients too... I really think it’s based on the industry and perception. In my industry, it’s necessary to be personable, friendly and outgoing. 

That’s interesting. I work in the same industry as what Whitney does and we never hug at our office. Maybe we are just frosty people in my area. 

It depends on the person, I guess. I'm a hugger, but there's only one member of the management team at my job that I'd be comfortable hugging.

I'm also glad I'm not the only one that thinks Trace's birthday message sounds like a singles ad. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived