IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, llucie said:

That also would be a good option, althought more expensive. But they do have Alyssa living in florida. And also both Bobby and and Kelton wnt there so they must aprove of the school.

I dont think they earn that much money with the show. Up tv is not like TLC. I mean most of them are still living in such small houses, like Erin, renting that small cottage. If the reality money was good she would have upgraded i believe.

I think Erin is just sentimental. and doesn't want to give up her little cottage where she started her married life. I'm sure Bobby and Tori will get a house once they get to Nashville ( is that where they are moving) Zach and whit just got a bigger house Brandon and micheal got a house (They may be renting it not sure) and Alyssa and John are still okay right now since they have a three bedroom but if they have a boy next i bet they will up grade. unlike Erin I don't see Alyssa putting mixed genders in the same room. and she isn't going to put three girls in a room because drama. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Bates kids are doing ABeka video...if so, they will earn a high school diploma. Our pastor's kids did that where they did the work and grades were recorded and diplomas were issued. There are so many ways of homeschooling...the Duggars at one end and families that do homeschooling/distance learning at the other. 

https://www.abeka.com/Homeschool/Products/AbekaAcademy/

12 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think Erin is just sentimental. and doesn't want to give up her little cottage where she started her married life. I'm sure Bobby and Tori will get a house once they get to Nashville ( is that where they are moving) Zach and whit just got a bigger house Brandon and micheal got a house (They may be renting it not sure) and Alyssa and John are still okay right now since they have a three bedroom but if they have a boy next i bet they will up grade. unlike Erin I don't see Alyssa putting mixed genders in the same room. and she isn't going to put three girls in a room because drama. 

Zach and Withney are both working and have been saving longer so you cant really compare them with the rest of them. Maybe the show money helped, but i doubt Erin is stacking all 3 of her children in that tiny room because of being sentimental, they just cant afford renting a bigger place. And the house Brandon and Michael is living belongs to IBLP, i doubt they could affort it otherwise.

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thank you. I swear I looked and didn't see it listed. That would be much closer. 

Pellissippi State  is where Michael got her AA from.

I also wonder if, given all the Bates ties to Pensacola Christian College grads, if any Bates kids will get to attend someday.

But I caution anyone who thinks it is more likely because Alyssa also lives in Florida--Florida is a big state (bigger than Ireland, for example, and Alyssa and John in the Orlando live about 400 miles (600 km) from Pensacola. 

Erin and Chad are definitely shopping for a house, and it looks like they plan to buy a larger house with some land and do a total renovation. That will take a lot of money, and renting a little house while they save up makes sense. It doesn’t mean they can’t afford to pay more in rent.

5 hours ago, llucie said:

Zach and Withney are both working and have been saving longer so you cant really compare them with the rest of them. Maybe the show money helped, but i doubt Erin is stacking all 3 of her children in that tiny room because of being sentimental, they just cant afford renting a bigger place. And the house Brandon and Michael is living belongs to IBLP, i doubt they could affort it otherwise.

Whitney just started working, I'm not sure she's made any sales, or maybe just one. I doubt her earnings enabled them to buy a house.

3 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Whitney just started working, I'm not sure she's made any sales, or maybe just one. I doubt her earnings enabled them to buy a house.

especially with all renovations they did to that house. 

On 4/13/2018 at 7:02 PM, BeccaGrim said:

None of those girls pictured were the ones with Lawson, Trace, Nathan at the football game and the table...they panned to the one at the table a lot .

so... on Lilly and Ellie's blog, there is a post about the Name That Price Game that Tori and Bobby had at their shower.  I don't recognize this clip from the show, so I'm guessing that it must've been edited out.  However, during this clip, Kelly get some help from Emily, which just happens to be the same girl that's hanging around during the football game and at the table during Thanksgiving..  i tried doing some sleuthing, but failed.. 

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Pellissippi State  is where Michael got her AA from.

I also wonder if, given all the Bates ties to Pensacola Christian College grads, if any Bates kids will get to attend someday.

But I caution anyone who thinks it is more likely because Alyssa also lives in Florida--Florida is a big state (bigger than Ireland, for example, and Alyssa and John in the Orlando live about 400 miles (600 km) from Pensacola. 

Actually, Michael got her AA from Roane State community college not Pellissippi. 

Someone needs to duct tape that boy's mouth shut when he starts telling his sister how to wear her hair. 

21 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Erin and Chad are definitely shopping for a house, and it looks like they plan to buy a larger house with some land and do a total renovation.

I thought they had already bought the house they planned to fix up. Or was that just them shopping around? Maybe I need to rewatch that episode lol

Just now, elf1590 said:

I thought they had already bought the house they planned to fix up. Or was that just them shopping around? Maybe I need to rewatch that episode lol

I think that this was a partnership that Chad went into for house flipping.  He left the scrap metal place to start his own business doing renovations and remodeling.  From my understanding, this was the first house he flipped, though he worked with a partner to shelled out the cash.  Erin helped with staging and decorating.  Her style definitely has come a long way since pink bedroom.

29 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Someone needs to duct tape that boy's mouth shut when he starts telling his sister how to wear her hair. 

And I love how he was just spouting the Gothard party line of long loose curls.  STFU buddy. He's looking more and more like an ass.  Yet, he doesn't have any woman to tell how to look, does he? 

1 minute ago, JMO said:

And I love how he was just spouting the Gothard party line of long loose curls.  STFU buddy. He's looking more and more like an ass.  Yet, he doesn't have any woman to tell how to look, does he? 

Nope Ashley ran far from back woods Tennessee life. :laughing-jumpingpurple:. He sounds like he would be a super controlling husband. I hope all fundy girls stay far away from him. poor girls. 

9 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Nope Ashley ran far from back woods Tennessee life. :laughing-jumpingpurple:. He sounds like he would be a super controlling husband. I hope all fundy girls stay far away from him. poor girls. 

For real!! Sadly, I wasn't expecting that from Nathan. No wonder Ashley ran a mile.
I still cringe remembering when he asked her to court in NYC, and said "WE love you." instead of "I love you" and she replied "Aww, thank you!!":my_biggrin:  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLL

No wonder she ran. STFU Nathan! Since when are you an authority on your sister's hair??? fucks sake dude.
Also Bobby had the right response, which was to agree with Tori. DUH.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I do like how firm Tori was about wanting it up. She hasn’t been overly into a lot of wedding stuff, but she was very clear about how she wanted her hair and why. And I like in the TH how all Bobby said was she should wear it up - no, “You’ll look so pretty either way,” or, “You’re hair is so pretty down,” or anything like that. It very well could have been scripted or suggested to him, but I do like how he very simply sided with what she clearly wanted rather than try to convince her otherwise. 

44 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Maybe Ashley once casually mentioned wanting to wear her hair up on her wedding day, Nathan ended up lecturing her about how her hair needs to be down and curly, and Ashley was like:

C3428D58-1405-42AB-AE2F-23EB4518A6AA.jpeg.e1c27a8f1917cfc91dd3c46e5706a3b5.jpeg

:pb_lol:

I'm not surprised he is an asshole, they are raised in an environment that basically trains boys to grow into controlling assholes of men. I'm glad Ashley escaped him and I hope he stays single until he can turn into a decent human. If he is this awful about hair at a wedding can you imagine how he will be about other things? 

I cannot fathom my brother ever having an opinion on how I wear my hair or any fashion advice.

That is abnormal.

And he was so intense about it, too. He didn't just say "I think your hair looks better down" (which would have been shitty enough since she clearly disagreed), but he was all "You will regret this forever!!!" WTF dude.

7 minutes ago, JillyO said:

And he was so intense about it, too. He didn't just say "I think your hair looks better down" (which would have been shitty enough since she clearly disagreed), but he was all "You will regret this forever!!!" WTF dude.

and he talks to her like she's five years old when the video starts she almost seems a little scared to answer him. remember this is the brother who wanted to be a pastor. I can just imagine the hell the younger kids went through growing up with him. 

Thank you Nathan we've been wondering why Ashley bailed and now we know why.  "You'll regret this the rest of your life" is hair Nathan. Why do you care so much? Why are you getting so upset over your sister's hair? Its her hair, Tori can do what ever she wants. If she wants to dye her hair green she can do that if she wants to shave her head she can do that too. Shut up Nathan. Seriously that was fucked up. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived