IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

The Bates are again posting like they aren't in Texas leading a cult conference. Their instagram acts like they are at home watching the grandchildren, someone in the comments points out that the weather in their area is currently not sunny. I wish someone would ask why they imply they are at home when they are really in Texas. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The Bates are again posting like they aren't in Texas leading a cult conference. Their instagram acts like they are at home watching the grandchildren, someone in the comments points out that the weather in their area is currently not sunny. I wish someone would ask why they imply they are at home when they are really in Texas. 

That would be nice.

"Is it very sunny in Knoxville because it's raining in Chattanooga?"  :lol:

Kelly and Gil should give up playing games about where they are - but perhaps it is in the UP contract to downplay and deny the IBLP connection.

So the Bateses are letting the curtain slip a bit these days and what is behind it really isn't pretty.

Has anyone been following the ratings over time?   It may be that they are beginning to let it all hang out because they know they are about to be cancelled. 

44 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

That would be nice.

I want to, but I also don’t want my name associated with them. I’ll just sit here and hope one of their followers puts two and two together.

10 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

"Is it very sunny in Knoxville because it's raining in Chattanooga?"  :lol:

Kelly and Gil should give up playing games about where they are - but perhaps it is in the UP contract to downplay and deny the IBLP connection.

So the Bateses are letting the curtain slip a bit these days and what is behind it really isn't pretty.

Has anyone been following the ratings over time?   It may be that they are beginning to let it all hang out because they know they are about to be cancelled. 

As far as I know, BUB is UP’s most successful show right now. I don’t think they’re worried about cancellation. I think they’ve just been on tv long enough now where they aren’t being as careful as they used to - either because they’re just so used to the cameras being around that they forget they’re there or because keeping up an act that long can be tough or because they feel confident enough in the show’s longevity that they aren’t worried about coming across as completely perfect at all times.

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

As far as I know, BUB is UP’s most successful show right now. I don’t think they’re worried about cancellation. I think they’ve just been on tv long enough now where they aren’t being as careful as they used to - either because they’re just so used to the cameras being around that they forget they’re there or because keeping up an act that long can be tough or because they feel confident enough in the show’s longevity that they aren’t worried about coming across as completely perfect at all times.

I really think this is the case.

The whole pretending they are home when they are across the country shows how little their social media actually reflects the reality of their lives. Lawson was in Texas this weekend, so  three days ago he wasn'tt at home learning to lasso like their instagram implies. 

I don't know if UP told them to keep the crazy cult stuff of their social media or if they decided that on their own, but if you just went by their show and social media you wouldn't know what they were really like. 

24 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

As far as I know, BUB is UP’s most successful show right now.

And that is definitely scary!  BUB seems about as exciting as watching paint dry.  Perhaps the whole of UP is going under instead.  There's not much else on it.  :lol:

No, you are probably right.  Probably that good old IBLP bullshit and arrogance is just leaking though now they feel comfy with the cameras.

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

three days ago he wasn'tt at home learning to lasso like their instagram implies. 

Is there a clip anywhere that shows Lawson in a positive light?  I don't think I've ever seen one.  He just seems like a conceited oaf.

No, I've never seen a clip where he comes off as a nice person to be around. It was better when we just read about him working hard to support his siblings because his lazy ass parents wouldn't. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Is there a clip anywhere that shows Lawson in a positive light?  I don't think I've ever seen one.  He just seems like a conceited oaf.

I think his horse might like him.

i think somewhere in this most recent Thanksgiving episode Mama Jane was complimenting him? but the actual Lawson bits were still him talking about himself lol...

What is going on with Trace? Both he and Tori posted "thanks for prayers, it's not broken" about his ankle on their stories. Photo is kinda gross hence spoiler. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180424-234745.thumb.png.7e15c4e1ef87100e5e3a062922c08c50.png

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

What is going on with Trace? Both he and Tori posted "thanks for prayers, it's not broken" about his ankle on their stories. Photo is kinda gross hence spoiler. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180424-234745.thumb.png.7e15c4e1ef87100e5e3a062922c08c50.png

Per Bobby's Instastory he and Trace were playing some sort of sport and there was contact and then the injury. Trace jokingly blamed Bobby. 

On the BUB's ratings, they are down around - get ready for it - .03.  Yes. point zero three.

However, I rarely see another UP show listed.  I don't study the ratings every day, just get selected ones.  So yes, it's more than likely UP's highest rated show still although they get about half the audience now than say two or three years ago.

It is hard to tell since pictures are now scarce and the Bates's social media don't actually reflect their lives. Last Thursday the whole family(minus the Alyssa Webster family) were somewhere in America at a Cracker Barrel. Lawson, Erin, Gil and Kelly did a Facebook live talk from a van. Lawson was the one who said they were "somewhere in America" and they had to run out to the van to do the video before the episode, so it sounds like a road trip. Lawson was in Houston Tx on Saturday morning and Gil and Kelly were in Big Sandy, TX most likely by Sunday. 

So either the whole family went to the conference or they didn't and for some reason decided to go out to eat when they were supposed to be doing a live video and Lawson, Gil and Kelly flew to TX. Who knows with this family. 

14 hours ago, llucie said:

You can see Lawson at the  instagram stories of Ashley Sayler.

Ashley's in Big Sandy?  I hope her hair is driving Nathan Bates crazy!!

How long into tonight's episode do you think it will be before Gil calls Bobby a "Godly Man."  

"From the moment they're born you start praying for god to bring into their life a 'godly man'"  Makes me gag every time...Does he mean misogynistic, hateful beliefed?  Ugh. 

Carlin only mentioned “her man” and being jealous due to wanting to be engaged twice during her speech to Tori. Only. 

:pb_lol:

13 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Carlin only mentioned “her man” and being jealous due to wanting to be engaged twice during her speech to Tori. Only. 

:pb_lol:

Damn, does she ever think before she speaks? This is so obnoxious

Seriously? She can't stop not even during her speech? I really find that annoying. She really can't stop and think about someone else can she? I'd be really annoyed. Carlin! Not everything is about you!  

I forgot to mention the other best part:

Scene: It’s time for Tori to throw her bouquet. 

Carlin: “TORI throw it to ME!”

*Tori throws it*

*Bouquet falls on the ground*

The bouquet emerges in the hands of.....Wait for it..... JOSIE!

*Carlin walks quickly away*

I am at home positvely screaming. :pb_lol:

A couple of thoughts after the wedding episode:

1. Echo the thought that Carlin is too immature to be married.  

2.  Does Kelly Jo not have a wedding ring?  In the part of the episode when she was looking at the flower girl dresses she had a ring with a blue stone and a diamond halo (like Kate/Diana but more petite) but I didn't see a wedding ring.  I also didn't see Tori's engagement ring during the ceremony.  Usually, brides will wear it on their right hand to at least wear it while they are getting married.  

3. Tori's makeup was perfection. It looked fantastic on camera.  Good for her for choosing to have her hair up despite male opinion on the subject.  You could see her curls fall a little and I think she made a good choice given her hair texture, etc.  

4. The beginning of wedding felt very Twilight to me.  The song, the placement of the veil, the more narrow dress, the "woodland" theme... all very Twilight.  It's hard for me to think she, Kelly Jo, wedding planner didn't at least use pictures of the Bella/Edward wedding as inspiration.

5. Josie caught the bouquet...subtle/not so subtle hint?

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived