IGNORED

Bates 23: Waiting on the Next Wedding

Coconut Flan

it's crazy to think that the Bates have 8 grandkids all 3 and under. the Duggar's have 10 currently born grandkids but at least they range in age from 9-newborn. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/27/2018 at 5:22 AM, ClareRose said:

Well I have a locked account and most of my pictures involve nights out so she might get a bit of a shock hahaha

Maybe she was just as curious about who you are!

clip from this week's episode. they are in Florida for Tori's bachelorett party. 

things

1. Kelly asks Alyssa and Erin to give Tori Marriage advice. I found this very mean as Micheal was sitting right there and she didn't say anything about Micheal giving advice. 

2. Alysssa says it's survival of the fittest 

3. Erin says it's so quite and she ruined a lot of meals when she first got married. 

4. Kelly says she used to be a neat freak like Erin is

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-shock-to-the-system/

clip from tomorrow's episode. Bobby moves out of the camper and Judson is hilarious. 

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-moving-day/

another clip. all the Bates girls have lunch together

MIcheal seems so excited to have a big group. 

the middle girls talk about how it will be strange with Tori gone

the little girls talk about how Tori always took them places and won't be doing that anymore. 

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-precious-moments/

I really don’t keep up with Counting on and BuB, so I’m just watching 6x01 for the first time on a whim and I had no idea Kelly’s mom got married this past year and oh boy is she BEAUTIFUL and a firecracker and you can tell she lived this full life on her third marriage, falling in love as a senior, adopted children, etc etc. She evens to have a waaaay more modern outset then Kelly, it’s like what on Earth happened to Kelly?

12 minutes ago, habert said:

I really don’t keep up with Counting on and BuB, so I’m just watching 6x01 for the first time on a whim and I had no idea Kelly’s mom got married this past year and oh boy is she BEAUTIFUL and a firecracker and you can tell she lived this full life on her third marriage, falling in love as a senior, adopted children, etc etc. She evens to have a waaaay more modern outset then Kelly, it’s like what on Earth happened to Kelly?

honestly Kelly was the baby of the family and her parents divorced when she was young. her father also took all her siblings and she stayed with her mother. I think that really effected her and made her want what she would see as security in the life style she chose with Gil

here is a bit about Kelly's family 

https://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2017/03/the-callaham-family.html

13 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

honestly Kelly was the baby of the family and her parents divorced when she was young. her father also took all her siblings and she stayed with her mother. I think that really effected her and made her want what she would see as security in the life style she chose with Gil

here is a bit about Kelly's family 

https://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2017/03/the-callaham-family.html

Thank you so much, I had no idea! I would have never guessed

On 4/3/2018 at 11:35 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

clip from this week's episode. they are in Florida for Tori's bachelorett party. 

things

1. Kelly asks Alyssa and Erin to give Tori Marriage advice. I found this very mean as Micheal was sitting right there and she didn't say anything about Micheal giving advice. 

2. Alysssa says it's survival of the fittest 

3. Erin says it's so quite and she ruined a lot of meals when she first got married. 

4. Kelly says she used to be a neat freak like Erin is

http://uptv.com/bringing-up-bates/bringing-up-bates-shock-to-the-system/

did anyone else find it FUCKING HILARIOUS that Alyssa likened marriage to "survival of the fittest", a *darwinian evolution* term? also, that "survival of the fittest" (at least as I know it to mean...) literally makes no sense in that context? how on earth is a ~ the best-equipped for marriage are the most likely to survive marriage ~ ish sentiment, good marriage advice? I know Alyssa probably just meant to imply that marriage is a madhouse and wildly different and challenging but awesome but....  #SODRT haha

also, i was just looking at the BuB site and....they have a blurb up for a couple episodes ahead, up to the final wedding "countdown"....which mentions Lawson's charity concert at which apparently Nathan jumped up on stage for a surprise? anyone have any clue as to what the "unexpected surprise" might be? lol

Did anyone else notice that Carlin has been toning down the Carlin lately? Less manic and shrieky. I don’t think she’s changed, I think she pays attention to what people say about her though.

11 hours ago, Kaylo said:

Did anyone else notice that Carlin has been toning down the Carlin lately? Less manic and shrieky. I don’t think she’s changed, I think she pays attention to what people say about her though.

Not until you mentioned it I didn't! I think she knows that Gil wanted to see her mature a bit and settle down before he lets her get engaged, so maybe that's part of it?

11 hours ago, Kaylo said:

My guess is this change has more to do with The shows editors vs. Carlin changing! The viewers can only handle so much mania. 

Who knows though?  Maybe she is maturing.

13 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

also, i was just looking at the BuB site and....they have a blurb up for a couple episodes ahead, up to the final wedding "countdown"....which mentions Lawson's charity concert at which apparently Nathan jumped up on stage for a surprise? anyone have any clue as to what the "unexpected surprise" might be? lol

I saw that. I was thinking it's either going to be huge another courtship. but I really bet it is just him singing a song with Lawson

Alyssa at Tori’s bachelorette celebration: “[Marriage is] survival of the fittest. There is no advice.”

Kelly said that they had eight children in an 800-square-foot home. Can you even imagine?!

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Why is Lawson there? Does he have to be in everything? 

Lawson was invited there to sing the national anthem. and to be in the show.  he did an insta story about it when he was there before Easter.  I don't know if Trace was actually invited or if he just tagged along with Lawson and then they let him join.

The last episode (the beach Tori bachelorette one) , Josie had the most normal/ funny reaction I’ve seen between sisters.

Katie was talking about naming her future kids after ice cream flavors and started listing a few.  Josie looked at her and deadpanned , “You’re so weird” 

I am caught off guard whenever I see genuinely funny or normal interactions with these families.

Few questions about the last episode and the 100 episode party..

who is the girl sitting on the couch with the girls when they’re playing the writing game. She was wedged right in the middle all of them... since it was “all the sisters except whitney” could this be a clue as to Nathan or Trace courting?  I really don’t think it would be Lawson because... we’ll, Lawson.

during the party, the producer was sitting down with the single older kids who were in the country. Katie was there, but Trace was not. Trace was most definitely in the country, so I’m wondering why he chose not to sit down for that convo. Also, does anyone know where Nathan is that he’s out of the country? Mission trip? Visiting with someone? (Still rooting for a courtship between him and Allison Bontrager though I know she’s not out of the country).

Sorry for all the questions, but if anyone has answers, it’s FJ!

On 4/6/2018 at 4:14 AM, Kaylo said:

I was thinking the same thing. Like she's toned down. I wonder if something got said to her. 

4 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I don’t know how I messed up this post so badly... sorry!!! I somehow quoted someone, erased what they said and wrote over it... sorry about that..  

Few questions about the last episode and the 100 episode party..

who is the girl sitting on the couch with the girls when they’re playing the writing game. She was wedged right in the middle all of them... since it was “all the sisters except whitney” could this be a clue as to Nathan or Trace courting?  I really don’t think it would be Lawson because... we’ll, Lawson.

during the party, the producer was sitting down with the single older kids who were in the country. Katie was there, but Trace was not. Trace was most definitely in the country, so I’m wondering why he chose not to sit down for that convo. Also, does anyone know where Nathan is that he’s out of the country? Mission trip? Visiting with someone? (Still rooting for a courtship between him and Allison Bontrager though I know she’s not out of the country).

Sorry for all the questions, but if anyone has answers, it’s FJ!

I don't know where Nathan is but I think that girl is a Paine sister? Am I right? Like she's doing what that Lauren girl who lives with the Duggars is? 

On 4/5/2018 at 10:49 PM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Maybe he yodels too.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived