IGNORED

Jinjer 36: Post-millennial Pregnancy

samurai_sarah

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did she wear pants to church? I think that’s the house where their Church’s at if im not mistaken

I think that’s a pretty big step! I know plenty of woman who wear pants regularly but only skirts and dresses to church.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Because there's a slight chance of error, and they won't be held "accountable" for being wrong. They also didn't give epidurals as a matter of routine childbirth (they may now, though). Nor did they give any sort of pain relief meds. At all. 13 hours of labor, tearing, episiotomy, stitching up, etc., all without benefit of pain meds. Then I had to walk from the delivery room to the recovery room. "Suck it up and drive on like a good Ranger, woman - all you did was have a baby."

I had an US off base with DD as I was seeing a civilian dr at the time & found out the sex.  Switched to the Naval hospital around 32 weeks when we moved.  I did have an epidural. & pain meds.  This was 13 years ago next week!  Since I had the epi I wasn’t allowed to walk.  Luckily, I didn’t get much pushback when I told them I wanted the epi, I’m wondering if it is different from base to base?

@msbaker - could be, or it could be a difference between branches (Army), or it could be a difference just in time... I had my baby 27 years ago.

40 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

she looks SHARP! I love how she's taken to trousers. Few people could pull those off, let alone at 17 weeks pregnant. 

They have a serious power-couple thing going here.  She looks like a young professional. Shoes being the possible exception, she wouldn't look out of place in an office setting.  Very put together.  

She looks great and healthy/well! 

I've done both my anatomy scans at 18w because I was high risk. Found out the sex then which was just a confirmation of our PGS/Panorama results. For the record, the earliest you can find out sex is if you do IVF with PGS - you will know the sex before the embryos are even transferred back into the uterus. Second fastest is one of the NIPT tests, I think that Panorama is earliest at 9w, others tend to be 10w. Then some boutique ultrasound places will do it at 15-16w and finally the anatomy scan at 18-20. (CVS and amnios can obviously tell you earlier as well but few people have those done).

I had the anatomy US with my first at 20 weeks, and was told it was a girl.  Had another US at 34 weeks... again, a girl.  

Nope...  My son turned 23 last year. Immediately after he was born, instead of 'It's a boy' or something similar, my mom exclaimed, "Oh no!!  It's got an extra part!"  I thought there was an arm coming out of his forehead or something.  Pretty relieved to discover it was just a correctly located penis!!  

When I was pregnant with my second, they told me 4 different times that it was a girl. (I had placenta previa.)  Every time, I replied, "Sure.....  I've heard that before!" 

I know maybe I'm biased because I want it to be a boy so bad, and everyone on instagram comments keep guessing girl, but I still don't know.  Her bump picture looks similar to Jessa's first bump picture w/ him (henry)* that I remember on IG, and she carried almost the same way. I totally thought that that Henry was a girl for a while.. so I am still going to hold out on my boy guess for the time being :P 

Edit for clarity

20 minutes ago, GutenbergGirl said:

When I was pregnant with my second, they told me 4 different times that it was a girl.

Well? What did you get the second time??? lol

I'm still calling girl for Jinger.

If any of the Duggar daughters has a girl I hope it's Jinger. I know, I know - the core beliefs JinJer have are the same as their Duggar in-laws and the relative freedoms Jinger has are superficial. However, I'd still trade small freedoms for none. And maybe Aunt and Uncle Vuolo (Jeremy's siblings) can provide a normal point of reference....like, the real world isn't so bad. 

3 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

If any of the Duggar daughters has a girl I hope it's Jinger. I know, I know - the core beliefs JinJer have are the same as their Duggar in-laws and the relative freedoms Jinger has are superficial. However, I'd still trade small freedoms for none. And maybe Aunt and Uncle Vuolo (Jeremy's siblings) can provide a normal point of reference....like, the real world isn't so bad. 

I totally get this line of thinking, but people used to say the exact same things about Derick and Jill.

38 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I totally get this line of thinking, but people used to say the exact same things about Derick and Jill.

I wasn't here for that, so this is all.new.territory! for me. :)

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Because there's a slight chance of error, and they won't be held "accountable" for being wrong. They also didn't give epidurals as a matter of routine childbirth (they may now, though). Nor did they give any sort of pain relief meds. At all. 13 hours of labor, tearing, episiotomy, stitching up, etc., all without benefit of pain meds. Then I had to walk from the delivery room to the recovery room. "Suck it up and drive on like a good Ranger, woman - all you did was have a baby."

My experience was very different...it could be simply changing of the times, or the fact that it was an Army hospital.  I had my scans and genetic testing done at a Navy hospital and had my routine care/delivery at a smaller Air Force hospital.  The Navy tech had no problem sharing the sex (girl) and I had no issues getting pain relief when I delivered in the AF hospital.  Great nurses/CNMs, but the OB was a dick...lol.  Baby Rex just turned 7.  

Army (decades ago) vs. AF or USN. No comparison. The Army referred to the Air Force as "civilians in uniform" and the Navy as "Marine rejects." Don't hate the messenger. :) 

My dad (Lt Col, USAF) always said the Marines were all braun, the Air Force were all brain, and the folks in the Army weren't strong enough for the former or smart enough for the latter. Not sure why he never mentioned the Navy. (He did serve a few years in the Army before giving 30yrs to the Air Force, so clearly it was all in jest.) :)

If Amy has kids, maybe she should be the one to have a girl. At least she’s not involved with IBLP, but her kids will probably have the best chance of becoming politically moderate (it is unlikely they’d be liberal).

My dad was Air Force, my husband was Navy and my son was Army. The Army/Navy game has gotten heated over the years. Zoomies, squids and GIs...

Army and Navy here. My dad was in the army, his brother was Navy, my mom's dad was also army and her cousins were army too. My sister-in-law's brother is Navy. My nephew is currently obsessed with Army, Navy, and the Air Force. He's eight and insists he's going to join one of them when he's old enough but he's not sure which.  Air Force is the least favorite in my family growing up their middle and high schools were always our schools biggest rivals. Especially in high school. Its been a little hard to shake off those feelings.    

8 hours ago, coexist said:

My dad (Lt Col, USAF) always said the Marines were all braun, the Air Force were all brain, and the folks in the Army weren't strong enough for the former or smart enough for the latter. Not sure why he never mentioned the Navy. (He did serve a few years in the Army before giving 30yrs to the Air Force, so clearly it was all in jest.) :)

Navy wa the guys who knew how to swim..

13 hours ago, Nargus said:

Jeremy looks weird AF clean shaven.

I think he looks fantastic. I'm not a fan of facial hair at all.

14 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@msbaker - could be, or it could be a difference between branches (Army), or it could be a difference just in time... I had my baby 27 years ago.

I think it was the time difference my OB was telling me how different things were over time and I couldn't believe it. I mean  I got pitocin and she suggested that I get an epidural and they babied the shit out of me because I was high risk. I was in the hospital for 6 days. But yeah her favorite story was that when she first started as an OB in the air force all the pregnant women would come for their weekly or whatever check up at the same day, same time. They'd get in line and go station to station getting weighed, measured, cervical checked, etc. pretty much like an assembly line.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived