• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I think we need to take up a collection to buy Jinger a new pair of shoes. lol

*this is in jest, yall.

does walmart not exist in her neighbourhood lol

6 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Dang,  Jeremy, please grow back the beard! He looks so weird without it...

I wonder why he all of a sudden shaved, it's weird! He doesn't even look like the same person! 

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I wonder why he all of a sudden shaved, it's weird! He doesn't even look like the same person! 

Renata Willow Felix told him to 

and is that a bad thing :D

3 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

all the pregnant women would come for their weekly or whatever check up at the same day, same time. They'd get in line and go station to station getting weighed, measured, cervical checked, etc. pretty much like an assembly line.

Yep. Assembly line through the "registration" for all women who were due a certain calendar month; all in a row through the weight, measurement process. I saw the same women every time I was in the clinic (non-high-risk went to Clinic 1, high-risk went to Clinic 2). 

20 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Because there's a slight chance of error, and they won't be held "accountable" for being wrong. They also didn't give epidurals as a matter of routine childbirth (they may now, though). Nor did they give any sort of pain relief meds. At all. 13 hours of labor, tearing, episiotomy, stitching up, etc., all without benefit of pain meds. Then I had to walk from the delivery room to the recovery room. "Suck it up and drive on like a good Ranger, woman - all you did was have a baby."

I had 2 of my 3 boys in a military hospital, in the early 90's---no epidural, no pain meds and after 38 hours of labor I had to make my own bed, while 7 screaming newborns were just brought to their mothers for morning feedings....Those 2 births were the most horrible things ever to happen to me.....German hospitals were quite different, and that was all I knew at the time. 

Oh yeah - the bed-making. That was fun. The plus-side was:   I was MORE THAN READY to go home. lol

One of my friends had her first baby at Fort Polk and her second at a German hospital because their post didn't have its own hospital. She was in for a WEEK and treated like a queen, full ward of 12 beds notwithstanding.

Genuinely curious about why people (not just FJ, but everywhere) predict the sex of a baby by how the mom is carrying.  My own mother said this about my pregnancies and I never understood it.  Why would the sex of the baby affect how the mom carries it?  Is there actually any science behind that?

6 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I think he looks fantastic. I'm not a fan of facial hair at all.

Oh he doesn't look bad. It's just weird cause I don't think we've ever seen him not at least a bit scruffy.

@Satan'sFortress I believe it's an old wives tale. I know people here say if you carry high, it's a girl and if you carry low, it's a boy. I don't think there's any data that backs it up. lol

28 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Genuinely curious about why people (not just FJ, but everywhere) predict the sex of a baby by how the mom is carrying.  My own mother said this about my pregnancies and I never understood it.  Why would the sex of the baby affect how the mom carries it?  Is there actually any science behind that?

Nope. :pb_lol: I get that people want to guess anyway though.

There's also an old wives tale that boys carry all up front like basketballs but girls tend to sit more between the hips, which in my case was true bit I'm also kinda short. 

My husband refused to let me deliver at a base hospital and switched us to select insurance but my OB could deliver at a local hospital too. After he had his wisdom teeth ripped out in a empty chow hall he is weird about trusting me or our baby to military Doctors but she was hands down the best doctor I've ever had.

I could understand how the baby's position might affect bump location, but their genitals?? Nope. I straight-up don't understand how that could impact the bump. That said, I still think it's a fun old wives' tale and it's sort of neat to see pregnant women carrying unusually high or low or anything like that.

...but maybe I'm just weird. Totally possible.

Ha, my mom's version of the wive's tale is that boys are low and girls are carried high.  I don't necessarily buy it but she swears up and down by it, because I was carried so high for most of her pregnancy, and my brother was carried SO low that when it came time for her to give birth, the doctors actually thought he was breech, because his butt was where his head should have been, but his head was lower than that! I dont know, just another one of those things! :P

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

@Satan'sFortress I believe it's an old wives tale. I know people here say if you carry high, it's a girl and if you carry low, it's a boy. I don't think there's any data that backs it up. lol

When I was pregnant with my second daughter, a woman asked me what I was having and I said “a girl.” She said “With the way you’re carrying? We’ll see about that!” Guess what... her old wives tale B.S. was wrong and my ultrasound tech. was right. Who would’ve thought?!

The correct way to figure it out is to suspend your wedding ring over your stomach. If it swings one way, it's a girl, the other way it's a boy. 50% accuracy. :laughing-rolling:

I had OB care at Langley AFB for a while, it was a disaster. Had to seriously fight to get my Lovenox shots for my clotting disorder (they'd never heard of it) and they totally missed my GD diagnosis. Transferred to a civilian doctor who was horrified at the lack of care I'd been getting. Thankfully my days of worrying about that are over!!

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I've heard the opposite. As well as girls make you wider.

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

That's why I liked the way he looks in that picture; I can pretend like he's a different person!

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh yeah - the bed-making. That was fun. The plus-side was:   I was MORE THAN READY to go home. lol

One of my friends had her first baby at Fort Polk and her second at a German hospital because their post didn't have its own hospital. She was in for a WEEK and treated like a queen, full ward of 12 beds notwithstanding.

my firstborn was born with a cleft lip and palate, plus half of his nose was missing. So they made me stay in that hellhole for over a week. I wanted to breastfeed which was not possible due to the cleft lip, so I asked for a pump. They acted like they've never heard of a breastpump before and made my husband (who had his leg in a cast) go out and buy one. They took my son from me for hours at times, without telling me what was going on, they hardly ever answered any of my questions about  the cleft lip etc. etc.....my second son was born in a civilian hospital and I for sure thought I had died and gone to heaven ! 

15 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Yeah, the grandma science :irony:

I carried wide with my daughter and more in front with my son and the same was true for my mom and sister and I have no idea why it was so but it is evident even in pictures. We had very different sized babies, mom's were all pretty small or small and mine pretty big and my sister's ranging from about the same size as mine to huge. I don't know if placentas may play in, I had them in different positions for each baby.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived