IGNORED

John Shrader 15: Welcome to Poisonwood, Caleb

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio silence from The World's Most Inept Missionary is concerning because he could have gone round the bend.  I suspect shit's getting real in Zambia, but usually that brings out the whinging and moaning about how Bro. John is under attack by Satan. Or he could just be working on a truly epic pome about being under attack by Satan. 

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Or he could just be working on a truly epic pome about being under attack by Satan. 

And may that saga take John a long, long time!

Sheesh.  A whole month without word from John or even a pome.  Granted, February is a short month, but still... Hope Esther and the kids are okay and hope John is getting his arse kicked by immigration officials. 

Oh I bet they all are really on to him and not just the officials. But they're probably really careful to do everything by the book (unlike John) and that's what's taking time. Just making sure John won't find any loopholes to squiggle through.

That and maybe the only reason they're going soft is that Esther just had a baby plus eleventy kids. Sounds like the birth was really rough and empathy for the newborn might be the only reason the haven't kicked him out yet.

2 hours ago, gustava said:

Do we know for certain that the baby is healthy?

I don't think that too many people know anything for sure about this fool (John, of course) and his unfortunate family.  Everyone hopes that Esther and the kids are doing okay.

15 hours ago, Granwych said:

I don't think that too many people know anything for sure about this fool (John, of course) and his unfortunate family.  Everyone hopes that Esther and the kids are doing okay.

How many kids do they have now?

8 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

How many kids do they have now?

11 too many

My friend has not seen them for over 2 weeks, where they live has been an hotbed of violence due to the political and economic environment. She is keeping her eyes open for them. My VISA has been approved to go in July for 60 days only and it is very restricted to where I can go and what I can do, I have a in country sponsor. We will see how this works out.

The last thing John posted publicly was Jan 28.  I'm not FB friends with him.  Has he posted anything since then?

On 3/3/2018 at 6:58 PM, SPHASH said:

The last thing John posted publicly was Jan 28.  I'm not FB friends with him.  Has he posted anything since then?

He has posted fairly frequent on and off "run of the mill" non-public posts over the last few weeks. Mostly pics of kids, a rant about Billy Graham, etc...

Oh, let me guess:  Billy Graham wasn’t the “right” kind of Christian.  

John would find fault in his leading thousands to Christ without hours and hours of Independent Fundamental Baptist doctrine teaching.  Billy only had a handful of children.  Billy associated with all kinds of people.  

John is probably jealous that he’ll never have the widespread success and influence that Billy had.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:24 AM, countressrascal said:

11 too many

My friend has not seen them for over 2 weeks, where they live has been an hotbed of violence due to the political and economic environment. She is keeping her eyes open for them. My VISA has been approved to go in July for 60 days only and it is very restricted to where I can go and what I can do, I have a in country sponsor. We will see how this works out.

When you say "where they live" does that mean that general area of the country,  Kafue specifically or even their neighborhood? 

I googled and found that there was a recent riot in Lusaka, the capital city, when police shut town market stalls in a poor area of the city while trying to control a cholera outbreak and if I'm understanding correctly, Kafue Town is only about 40 km from Lusaka.  There are also references to tension caused by Lungu's leadership, and references to a crippling drought.  Al Jazeera has some good coverage here, but I'm having trouble finding any link to on-line local news in Kafue, which is not a small place.  A 2010 census puts the population at over 200,000. 

I'm still suspicious over John's radio silence, but maybe the local situation is grim enough that even John knows to keep a very, very low profile in person and on facebook. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

When you say "where they live" does that mean that general area of the country,  Kafue specifically or even their neighborhood? 

I googled and found that there was a recent riot in Lusaka, the capital city, when police shut town market stalls in a poor area of the city while trying to control a cholera outbreak and if I'm understanding correctly, Kafue Town is only about 40 km from Lusaka.  There are also references to tension caused by Lungu's leadership, and references to a crippling drought.  Al Jazeera has some good coverage here, but I'm having trouble finding any link to on-line local news in Kafue, which is not a small place.  A 2010 census puts the population at over 200,000. 

I'm still suspicious over John's radio silence, but maybe the local situation is grim enough that even John knows to keep a very, very low profile in person and on facebook. 

Than you for this information and the link.  I, too, hope that John has enough sense to lay low in perilous times, but somehow I doubt that is the primary reason for his silence. 

On 3/3/2018 at 11:24 AM, countressrascal said:

11 too many

Thanks for the update. I hope they're okay. I worry that they may have trouble getting help if there's a real need because John has already antagonized so many people.

I am sticking to my original theory that the Shraders are quietly making arrangements to move back to Katy, Texas. 

John is able to hide behind any political unrest etc and use that as the perfect excuse to slope back with his tail between his legs. Daddy's sheeple will laud him as a returning hero. 

They will fund the family by buying copies of his book of 'pomes', so legitimising his massive grifting habit. He will never have join the adult job world. 

That would be a blessing for the people of Kafue, I’m sure. If people are stupid/generous enough to buy John’s poetry, that’s on them. It seems like that would be quite the happy ending!

They do not live in the city it is in a neighborhood about 20K outside. Kaufe has had their share of unrest, government has raided some shanty towns due to the cholera outbreak also have tried to close down a market which caused a uprise. My friend's medical clinic is now only open during daylight hours and they do not go out at night because of unrest, luckily they live in a walled compound. Drought, cholera and political upheaval is creating a real problem in the urban areas. I hope Esther and kids are all right, the kids are the ones I worry about the most. Like all these fundie families kids did not ask to be in this situation, much like the Dreamers here.

7 hours ago, Jellybean said:

That would be a blessing for the people of Kafue, I’m sure. If people are stupid/generous enough to buy John’s poetry, that’s on them. It seems like that would be quite the happy ending!

More expensive toilet paper.

If Genius Daddy Shraders sheeple are willing to buy John's pomes for loo paper or to read, the end result will hopefully return Esther to America to be physically closer to her parents for the help she will require when the total shite bag she shackled herself to can no longer  grift enough to keep 11 innocent children fed. 

10 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Any (public) updates from Handia?

Handia is amazing, and I'm still surprised that he EVER got mixed up with John.  From Handia's FB at the end of Dec, when I'm guessing he was back in Zambia on winter break.  He goes to school in Russia studying nuclear engineering: 

Spoiler

I feel humbled and blessed to be able to look back and reflect on all the epic memories I created in 2017 with all the beautiful souls I was privileged enough to share this cheerful portion of my life with.

I have learned that true love is granted especially when it isn't deserved, and that hate is just unborn love. Thank you to all who reserved their judgment and took the time to at least try to truly know me.

To those close to me, your undying moral support, unconditional love, constructive criticism, and priceless company have played a huge role in igniting my courage, joy, and livelihood this year.

I would not have accomplished some of the major things I did had you been absent from the picture. For that, my heart is your home.

But this was two days earlier and it certainly sounds to be directed at you-know-who!

Spoiler

I can't understand how someone would stand against their own brother in an attempt to win a place in a white man's heart as a "favorite" ;but at the same time I can sympathise.

When the only person sponsoring your education and other needs is a narcissistic fraud with an over inflated god-complex, I can see how one would do anything to maintain such a connection regardless of its manipulative aspects in a country where most people have little or nothing.

My prayer for Zambia is for every child, man, and woman to be emancipated from constant dependency on a particular type of race for our own sustainability. We are capable of greater things than mere dependency.

It infuriates me that someone can just waltz into our backyard, arrogantly declare how they want us to live, and we blindly comply even if it means going against fundamental principles of who we are as a nation.

Let us be careful to always wisely analyse the motives behind a person's actions, whether you're 16 years old or 30, especially if that person parades the name of the almighty for everything they do. Man is not God. Man should never be allowed to hold you hostage with financial support as the weapon.

That said, Handia still lists Bro. John's Truth Biblical Baptist Bible College on his education list on FB.  

I just checked their facebook page and there is a new prayer letter for Jan-Feb 2018. Just go the facebook, John Esther Shrader

John admits that things have gone to shit and people left in droves, but a new guy, Bro. Theophil, just arrived from Canada to study at Bro. John's "missionary college".  Poor Bro. Theophil left a thriving 1400 acre farm that he was inheriting from his family when "God burdened his heart"  to come to Africa to John's bible college.  Little does he know, that is a phrase that will come to haunt him, because John really is a burden.  There are currently four young Zambians who are John's disciples. 

John has developed an acronym, H.E.L.P, to assist the ragged remnants of his flock at home remember how to, well, help, and as a subliminal reminder to SEND MONEY. 

The utterly adorable new baby is thriving, and no word about political unrest. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived