IGNORED

John Shrader 15: Welcome to Poisonwood, Caleb

laPapessaGiovanna

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It doesn't even have wings. The seat is the least of that plane's problems. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Wings...pfft!  John's plane will fly on God Power alone.  He don't need no stinkin' wings.  He's got GOD on his side!

1 hour ago, Inky said:

I've come to the conclusion that the people supporting John are very naive or very dim. Doesn't anyone ask any questions, and if they do, what answers do they get. And do they actually try and verify what they're being told is true.  

I would imagine it's harder for John's daddy to squeeze his congregation since the horrible flooding there.  I haven't seen any reporting recently, but it was pretty bad and I assume they are still in the process of rebuilding there.  Katy got hit pretty hard, IIRC and I would imagine the church people are using their spare $$ to take care of their own homes or homes of friends and family.

John would be dead last on my list of giving if I were one of those congregants.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It doesn't even have wings. The seat is the least of that plane's problems. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I think John needs to meet Bro G-Haw.  Perhaps together, they can grift a van and add wings.

12 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I think John needs to meet Bro G-Haw.  Perhaps together, they can grift a van and add wings.

A flying Jesus Van? Naturally, it will be stocked with sunflower seeds and good weens.

4 hours ago, PopRox said:

A flying Jesus Van? Naturally, it will be stocked with sunflower seeds and good weens.

Now I have an image of Gary poking and prodding his teeth to remove sunflower seeds from between them whilst hanging over Becky's shoulder in a Purty jurry video.

yuk. 

12 hours ago, tankgirl said:

So, will we learn what happened to plane #1?

This is plane #1.  He refused to talk about it for ages, even when people asked.  Then he said the missionary who sold it to him had gone off with the keys.  Then he finally posted pictures of the wingless, seatless, pile of junk, and said the Godly missionary who sold it to him had misrepresented it.

It was so not John's fault that he spent 15K of someone else's money on a plane, sight unseen, that he didn't know how to fly.  And that is in a pile of little pieces.  John grifted flight lessons from some poor sucker, others paid for his airtime while he learned, and now he wants even more money to put the plane back together.

11 hours ago, Inky said:

I've come to the conclusion that the people supporting John are very naive or very dim.

They must be as thick as planks.  They keep giving him money, he lives in a luxury he never knew back in the States, but his "mission" is in the toilet.  His converts staged a mutiny and most of them ran away, his Bible Institute never happened, and he killed all those chickens.

John says it is due Satanic attacks.  But, if there is a God, I think She is trying to send the donors a message.

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

This is plane #1.  He refused to talk about it for ages, even when people asked.  Then he said the missionary who sold it to him had gone off with the keys.  Then he finally posted pictures of the wingless, seatless, pile of junk, and said the Godly missionary who sold it to him had misrepresented it.

It was so not John's fault that he spent 15K of someone else's money on a plane, sight unseen, that he didn't know how to fly.  And that is in a pile of little pieces.  John grifted flight lessons from some poor sucker, others paid for his airtime while he learned, and now he wants even more money to put the plane back together.

They must be as thick as planks.  They keep giving him money, he lives in a luxury he never knew back in the States, but his "mission" is in the toilet.  His converts staged a mutiny and most of them ran away, his Bible Institute never happened, and he killed all those chickens.

John says it is due Satanic attacks.  But, if there is a God, I think She is trying to send the donors a message.

OMG! I didn't actually read his post, so I had no idea there were pictures! So basically, the "John bought a scrap heap" FJ theory was correct, guess its one up, on the FJ theory, "He purchased an invisible plane" at least he bought something LOL

Oh I was being mostly facetious, I think a hunk of these people will come running to buy him a second plane, he has zero idea how to fly, but I think Daddy and others might be harder pressed to send more money at the rate John spends their money on these short lived fantasies.  His Daddy will still send money, but I suspect some people will switch over to other missionaries, but then a bunch will also keep feeding his crazy train, some of these people just see "God" and just keep writing checks.

Hey at least after all that waiting he made us do with no posts, at least he came out of the gates swinging, solving the plane mystery in a spectacular fashion! I thought the plane would never come back into the story.

25 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

I thought the plane would never come back into the story.

It's not like he's working. What else does he have to do besides imagining flying away from the huge mess he's created? :my_angel:

And now he has Bro. Theophil to boss around and do this and that, so he can be even lazier. 

23 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

“Oh, you, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang; Chitty Chitty Bang Bang we love you...”

I understand that John took enough flying lessons to get a basic pilots license in the US, but does he know anything about aircraft maintenance and engineering? Say he gets the money to have someone fix the pictures bucket of bolts. What will he do when he’s out in the bush and he can’t get the thing to start?

2 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

I understand that John took enough flying lessons to get a basic pilots license in the US, but does he know anything about aircraft maintenance and engineering? Say he gets the money to have someone fix the pictures bucket of bolts. What will he do when he’s out in the bush and he can’t get the thing to start?

Hopefully stay there and give everybody peace. 

3 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Get eaten by an alligator (or crocodile, I'm not fussy) on his walk back out of the bush?

6 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Pray.

And that would be an attack by Satan for sure.

3 hours ago, Curious said:

Get eaten by an alligator (or crocodile, I'm not fussy) on his walk back out of the bush?

Walk?  John?  Be still my foolish heart.

No he'd phone for help, or send a message in a bottle, and sit down and make like Dr Livingstone (who was a very bad missionary too.)

On 5/3/2018 at 5:05 PM, amandaaries said:

What else does he have to do besides imagining flying away from the huge mess he's created?

I think he might be back in bed.

O Brother Shrader, where art thou?

(They have a plan, but not a clue.)

O-BROTHER-WHERE-ART-THOU-Featured-1000x1000.jpg

He is either in bed, packing up to go home, under house arrest or home already keeping a very low profile. 

I thought a few of our fj-ers were fb friends on his private fb. Is he not posting there, either? His last post to Quill and Bible was mid-March, and he blessed his readers with a loooooong pome about Bro. Theophil coming to be trained as a missionary, whilst on the mission field.........by, you guessed it, Historical Biblical Baptist Missionary Bro. John  The World's Most Feckless Missionary! 

If the out break is the orange area in the north, that's pretty far away from John, maybe 500 miles or so.  Sad to see Ebola erupting again; it's a horrible illness. 

18 hours ago, Howl said:

If the out break is the orange area in the north, that's pretty far away from John, maybe 500 miles or so.  Sad to see Ebola erupting again; it's a horrible illness. 

The current outbreak seems to be centred around Bikoro, which is the red bar label on the western border near Republic of Congo. Still a pretty reasonable distance away, although they've quarantined a passenger arriving in Uganda from Dem. Rep. Congo, so it can easily spread without too much hassle. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:57 AM, subsaharanafrica said:

Did John actually get a pilot's license?  Has anyone seen a copy of said license? 

If John actually did accomplish this, I am amazed at his grifting prowess and his griftees' stupidity.  My late dad wanted to learn to fly a plane, so he did his research and found that buying a plane was cheaper than renting one for the required amount of time needed for lessons (which weren't cheap, either.)  The test for licensure wasn't too easy, at least in our state.

John, again, I have no words except poor Esther and kiddos.

10 hours ago, Granwych said:

Did John actually get a pilot's license?  Has anyone seen a copy of said license?

Yes, John is listed on the FAA pilot look-up. He received a private pilot license for a single engine plane on 12 May 2014.

12 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yes, John is listed on the FAA pilot look-up. He received a private pilot license for a single engine plane on 12 May 2014.

However, he has to have a flight review every two years to stay current, at least in the US.  Doubt that has happened.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived