IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

Can I just say one of my regrets in life is not taking hang-gliding lessons in the Alps when I lived in Germany. My mom freaked the fuck out when I told her I had signed up, reminding me that I had a toddler. Oh yeah... that. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, lale2904 said:

Am I the only one who died when Jed(?) responded to the "seed" question with "the seed of Jim Bob and Michelle?" 

Also Jinger in that tennis outfit. I'm actually shocked they put that on the show. 

Nope, I turned it on as they asked the question and that was my first thought ... I laughed out loud when he said it, thought dang boy you sound like a normal teenager!

Episode 2, part 4 - RUFUS, where are ye?

Arkansas - J'austin are at family camp "helping out."  Austin helps with horse riders, joy cracks eggs.  We're told what they camp is and that its about spending time with your family.  Apparently today they're eating fried possum.

They discuss axe throwing and teach people how to do it. Definitely a needed skill...  Next up, archery!  Austin cant wait to have kids and pass on skills that his dad taught him.  Joy makes her look foward to kids seeing austin with kids.

Producer - do you want 19 kids?

Joy - its a rare thing, not every woman can do that but I'll take what god gives us.

Austin - enough for a good construction crew.

In teh kitchen, they cook in bulk, similar to duggarville but double.  They dont throw noodles on the ceiling, thats how joy was taught to see if thats how its done. She's taught how to do it without making a mess.

Producer - how do you know when noodles are cooked.

J'kids - taste... and texture.

A bell rings at noon. Joy mentions that boiling pasta is "hot" and burnng her hand.  Austin wants a cookie.

Joy - my favorite part of being married is being together all the time and not saying bye

Austin - I liked having a wife that woul dhelp at camp and its fun to have her come check on me.

Arkansas

Kendra and Joe get to meet cindy (YAY!) to talk about decor.  Of course, Michelle is there.  They have a date, 9/8.  They're doing a walkthrough to get ideas of what Kendra wants. he was coming along as moral support for kendra.  They want a fall feel.

Kendra - there is still a lot to do.  They have the venue and its all about the other details.  Taking it one thing at a time.  She likes sparkle and "happy colors and happy stuff."

Benessa - flashback to her wedding.  They reused Jill's stuff. 

Joy - Flashback to her wedding.  Austin's impression of Joy.  Austin didnt want a hoedown.

It was a smaller venue and they sent 500 invitations.  They dont want to use the loft for seating. (funny, because wasnt it mostly empty???)  Joe thinks less people will come because its so close to Joy's wedding.

Joe is an "easy groom" Kendra loves "sparkles."

Joe - it doesnt matter what the wedding looks like as long as kendra shows up.

YAWN.  NIGHT ALL!

So I think Austin doing his very best impression of Derrick riding a sled into a cat by skiing directly into Joy will go down as one of the top 10 WTF moments on this show. Also those two are just not fun to watch, I prefer Jessa and Kendra.  I also would rather watch Anna teach Mackenzie to do laundry than watch Austin grumble about living in the RV

(oh who am I kidding, it would be Mackenzie teaching Meridith how to do laundry, duh)

So I guess they glossed over the part of Joy and Austin's honeymoon where they were trying to convert Jews in Israel?

I didn't watch but I cringe just reading about people being dicks abroad. Ugh.

Jealous of hang gliding in Switzerland though.

Did Joy wear a skirt over her pants while skiing a la Bates girls and Kendra? I sure hope not... I don’t get why they do it. I feel like it really restricts motility while skiing

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Episode 2, part 2 - WHERE THE FUCK IS RUFUS? I'm serious.  I DEMAND TO SEE RUFUS

Laredo - 

They load up stuff from the apartment.  Jinger's siblings are packing stuff up, jinger is carrying Henry and spurge is there, of course.  Laura Demacy and Jennifer Hartono are also there.  Jeremy has to go to church.  I think they are all drinking starbucks.  Jeremy says its a perk to marry a girl with "18 siblings who love us and want to help us."  Um, jinger makes 19... so who hates them??? 

Not to nitpick, but Jinger has 18 siblings...she's the 19th yeah, but she wouldn't say she has 19 brothers and sisters, she has 18. He's referring to the rest of them, not including her.

I think having to watch the whole thing might have gotten to you a bit.

You're a brave soul to take this bullet for everyone.

10 minutes ago, Nargus said:

Not to nitpick, but Jinger has 18 siblings...she's the 19th yeah, but she wouldn't say she has 19 brothers and sisters, she has 18. He's referring to the rest of them, not including her.

I think having to watch the whole thing might have gotten to you a bit.

You're a brave soul to take this bullet for everyone.

Yeah, what's funny is in the first episode Austin said that Joy had 19 sisters and brothers. And my thought was, who is he including Jubilee?

Jeremy was right to say 18. But I'll be the first to admit that big numbers are confusing. I often say my dad has 9 siblings when I mean that he is one of 9. End of the day, it's a f*** ton of kids.

14 minutes ago, veron1que said:

Yeah, what's funny is in the first episode Austin said that Joy had 19 sisters and brothers. And my thought was, who is he including Jubilee?

Jeremy was right to say 18. But I'll be the first to admit that big numbers are confusing. I often say my dad has 9 siblings when I mean that he is one of 9. End of the day, it's a f*** ton of kids.

I was also thrown by Austin saying Joy has 19 siblings. I thought maybe he was including Tyler but he said something about them all being from the same parents, so I don’t know what that was about.

None of their evangelism in Israel made it onto TV, I see. But it sounds like they were able to slip in plenty of heavy-handed promotion for the Forsyth's family camp (the one that's hosting the Pearls soon)!

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Can I just say one of my regrets in life is not taking hang-gliding lessons in the Alps when I lived in Germany. My mom freaked the fuck out when I told her I had signed up, reminding me that I had a toddler. Oh yeah... that. 

The dude putting a helmet on Austin says: "helmets don't do much but at least it will be an open casket, you know" lol. What is that point of saying THAT? The vibe was really positive and he was just so upbeat about the fact that they could plummet to their deaths. It did look pretty awesome though.

Is  anyone else reminded Of Courtney Stodden making “sexy faces” during that really awkward 2011 interview when the Duggars adoringly gaze at their husbands? Anyone?

9 minutes ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

Is  anyone else reminded Of Courtney Stodden making “sexy faces” during that really awkward 2011 interview when the Duggars adoringly gaze at their husbands? Anyone?

*vomits*

1 hour ago, lale2904 said:

Am I the only one who died when Jed(?) responded to the "seed" question with "the seed of Jim Bob and Michelle?"

I thought "That may be the dirtiest thing I have ever heard come out of a Duggar mouth." (Jboob notwithstanding).

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

Were they actually eating possom or was that sarcasm?

Um...I really don't know.... a chalk board in the kitchen at the camp says:

"Today's Menu: Fried Possum & Turnips, Pickled Pigsfeet, Squirrel dumplins, Blackbird pie."

Hmmm, I've never had fried possum, I wonder if it leaves an "after twang"...

Jinger has definitely played tennis more than once or twice, but she is definitely a beginner (speaking as someone who played tennis for 8 years). I'm surprised at her outfit. That's as short as I would go when playing tennis. But then again, I'm super body conscious. 

Catching up on the show now cause it was Fantasy Suite night on The Bachelor, ohhh the juxtaposition between watching that and being reminded yet again of the Duggar courtship rules.  Random thoughts:

I hate how jealous I am over the places the Duggar kids have gone on their honeymoons thanks to TLC.

Am wondering if Jill will be a recurring character like Anna despite their asshole husbands being off the show.  

Speaking of Dwreck when Joy and Austin went gliding, when they were done Joy was laying on the ground next to her (male) instructor and they were laughing together.  I was thinking Derick would have shit his pants if that was Jill.

With Jinjer's move...I will never understand the home makeovers for family members. One of my favorite things I've ever done was to make the decisions on how I wanted my home to be. I bought a place and my dad gutted the kitchen and bath for me as a present, but the designs and color schemes were all mine. My mother hated how I did my kitchen, and let me know all.the.time but I didn't care. But then I didn't grow up with a shitload of siblings and no identity to myself. 

The seed of JB comment from one of the boy twins made me want to puke.

Didn't they show Joe's wedding already? Are they really going to air it again and call it a new episode?

Did they specifically order alcohol-free fondue? Because literally every cheese fondue I've ever seen has alcohol in it. So unless they made a big deal of theirs being alcohol-free, I am going to strongly assume theirs contained booze. Might explain the "after-twang." :kitty-wink:

42 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Did they specifically order alcohol-free fondue? Because literally every cheese fondue I've ever seen has alcohol in it. So unless they made a big deal of theirs being alcohol-free, I am going to strongly assume theirs contained booze. Might explain the "after-twang." :kitty-wink:

But since it’s heated, wouldn’t the alcohol NOT be a problem? 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived