IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

I've figured out why Joy is carrying "large"(normal). She has got the tiniest torso I have ever seen, and it took these promos for me to notice.  Wow. I love her dress though. I need to Amazon shop now. Scuse me.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next episode is number 7 so still the same season.  Joy and Austin go to Switzerland, engagement photos for Joe and Kendra, and wonder of wonders the siblings help Jinger and Jeremy move.

The real kicker - it's 125 minutes.  Kill me now.

17 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Who's recapping? We need a gofundme to pay for all the booze that one will require.

23 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

The next episode is number 7 so still the same season.  Joy and Austin go to Switzerland, engagement photos for Joe and Kendra, and wonder of wonders the siblings help Jinger and Jeremy move.

125 minutes of stuff that happened 9 freaking months ago? Wow. That sounds exhilarating. I can hardly contain my excitement!

I have this shit DVR'd already....and 125 min...yeah I didn't realize it was extended but  remember in addition to whatever other commercials (TLC promos) they show there will be the obligatory intermission to show a really long promo clip of another show, most likely the Putmans (like eww and sigh I am totally tuning in to be bored to death by the Duggars not those other nutbags).  I have it DVR'd because I am a loser it will probably take me 3 attempts to complete watching the entire episode over a few days as it is getting harder and harder for even me to stay focused. And also because once TLC airs and ep on TV that is it, no re-runs of Counting On ever anymore, it is one and done as far as broadcasting it goes.

Here is what the guide on my tv says about the upcoming ep.:

In Love in Switzerland

Joy and Austin have said I do and and now Mr. And Mrs. Forsyth finally get to enjoy some alone time in Switzerland; Joe and Kendra get engagement photos taken; the sibs help JinJer move into their new house. Season Premier!

Maybe @singsingsing will get her wish and Jessa will be one of the siblings helping out/ bossing everyone around/ voicing Jinger's real wishes at the new house and there will be lots of interaction with Jeremy  to lure you back in ha ha ha.....)

I think it's so sad that majority of the couples say their favourite part of the honeymoon is the being alone without a chaperone. 

14 hours ago, viii said:

I think it's so sad that majority of the couples say their favourite part of the honeymoon is the being alone without a chaperone. 

But it would be, wouldn't it? They're adults who love each other, fancy one another, and have decided to build a life together - what's sad is the fact they've been chaperoned up until this point. 'Just being' with Mr Quilt is my happy-place even after ten years knowing each other/six years together. I can't imagine how blissful that would feel if it had hitherto been forbidden to me.

I know I'm preaching to the converted, but courtship is kind of obscene isn't it? Not trusting adults to be alone together, conflating all human intimacy and connection as sexual or risky. 

Wait the Switzerland stuff still hasn't aired yet? So Greece won't be until next season at this rate?

Woooowww.

I can't watch another Duggar weddin til Jana.

btw last night I watched an old 17 k@c, the one where they go to NY and announce Mechelle's preg with Jordyn.

Smuggs was leering Host Meredith  on the stairs, it was so gross!  Methinks  Smugs did a lot of leering we/I didn't notice before Smuggergate. That man needs real therapy, they did him no favours by covering it up.

6 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I know I'm preaching to the converted, but courtship is kind of obscene isn't it? Not trusting adults to be alone together, conflating all human intimacy and connection as sexual or risky. 

Personally I think the chaperones are less for "accountability" and more as a witness. Incase the courtship doesnt work out especially for the girls. They couldn't have people speculating they had fornicated let  alone front hugged someone and it didn't work out. They'd be damaged goods :pb_rollseyes:

and apparently all the siblings help Jeremy and Jinger and they all fight 

Big surprise

17 hours ago, SadieJane said:

Is tonight the night to live Free Jinger following or is that tomorrow? I'm ready for snark.

it's on tonight for two freaking hours 

I want to see Jinger and Jeremy’s new house. But HGTV Hometown is on at the same time and I love the old homes in Laurel, Mississippi. So what to do. Stay up late and watch the rerun of Hometown at midnight? 

Why do these cruel things have to happen. TV Trauma. Ha. 

56 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I want to see Jinger and Jeremy’s new house. But HGTV Hometown is on at the same time and I love the old homes in Laurel, Mississippi. So what to do. Stay up late and watch the rerun of Hometown at midnight? 

Why do these cruel things have to happen. TV Trauma. Ha. 

Just watch Counting On on the illegal internet tomorrow, like I have to do :-p

@2manyKidzzz,  I'd watch Hometown and then read the recap of Counting On here.  I haven't seen much of Hometown but I like Ben and Erin's approach to home restoration.  

ETA: I'm watching The Best Years of Our Lives on TCM myself. It's a great movie with my favorite cinematic wedding between Homer and Wilma at the end.

50 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@2manyKidzzz,  I'd watch Hometown and then read the recap of Counting On here.  I haven't seen much of Hometown but I like Ben and Erin's approach to home restoration.  

ETA: I'm watching The Best Years of Our Lives on TCM myself. It's a great movie with my favorite cinematic wedding between Homer and Wilma at the end.

If you have cable, you can watch Counting On right now on the TLC website. They're doing an "early premiere". They did it with Sister Wives, too.

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/full-episodes/in-love-in-switzerland

In an effort to avoid doing a whole list of unpleasant tasks around the house today, I actually watched TLC's 14 Kids and Pregnant Again as well as the one after that--16 Kids and Somethingorother.   I saw them when they originally aired, but not since.  Not sure I have the titles right, but they showed Jackson's and Johanna's births.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I was watching them with the hindsight is 20/20 knowledge of Josh's crimes--and especially so  in that first special when he was 15 years old.  So difficult to see those girls (especially Joy) and know that he had hurt them and that he was still living there among them after having only attended Jesusjail.  I don't know how they all got through it---talking on camera about God & values & being so damn pure when they had just "walked through" what Josh had done.

Also--when & why did they stop dressing in the frumpers and khaki/polo shirts?

Question: did JinJer move beck to Arkansas or is the house in Laredo and all those sibling visited them there? Where is this house? (sorry if I missed something)

Also, is the 125 min episode actually episodes 1 and 2 combined (or eps 7 and 8 if this is a continuation of the last season or whatever) as the early premier vids on the website have 1 and 2 available, say Jinjer is playing tennis in the first a and the house stuff is in ep. 2. Anyway, I think we're getting 2 episodes combined for the premier.

Just now, CaricatureQualities said:

Question: did JinJer move beck to Arkansas or is the house in Laredo and all those sibling visited them there? Where is this house? (sorry if I missed something)

The house is in Laredo. Thank God. I think the fact that Jinger has managed to escape the orbit of the TTH is fantastic.

But now it's time for the TTH to come to them apparently and bombard them with their opinions. There's a big debate about painting their kitchen cabinets and everyone has to have a say....Jessa and Jana want them painted...they have such vision!, JD thinks they're fine. Apparently neither Jinger nor Jeremy really give a crap either way. leading me to wonder why the cabinets are being discussed in the first place.....

I watched the episodes via my cable provider on TLCgo. I have the exact same cabinets and knobs that Jeremy and Jinger start out with and I agree that they looked fine (obviously because I think mine look fine too, lol). Anyway, I'll give it to them, they do a fine job upgrading that kitchen. They had the professional painters paint the cabinets and Jana tiled the backsplash. It ends up looking really nice to my eye. 

Ah so they do end up painting them. I also think they look find as wood, but I actually don't have that much doubt in Jessa and Jana as interior decorators so I'm not surprised it looks good. I have to wait a bit because TLCgo doesn't recognize my canadian cable provider as far as I can tell.  Oh well. I watched the clips though and Austin and Joy eating fondue and "bubbling" water hilarious.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived