IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

On 2017-12-17 at 5:01 PM, TheMustardCardigan said:

I always wondered why there wasn't a Julie or Julia in the Duggar family, especially over the name Jinger. I'd actually understand Jinger's name a little more if it were late in the birth order... Like alright, more understandable if you had to shoehorn a name with creative spelling to fit your name theme if you've already had 10 other J girl names in use and maybe you ran out of ones you liked, but don't want to stray from the J theme 19 kids in.

I never understood why it took them SO long to get to Jennifer.

and I hate the JoyAnna, Johnnah thing...

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New season looks like same old, same old. But I'm just commenting to say I LOVE your profile pic!

Also *please* don't show the JoKen wedding again, TLC. We also don't need the prep leading up to it. Thanks a bunch.

:my_cry: Why, oh why can't TLC let the Counting On storyline catch up a little bit with reality, and perhaps add some more real, more interesting aspects of the Duggar life?

Can it be that much cheaper to rehash crap from months ago? Is it really that hard to try to use at least somewhat current material for Counting On?

I really don't get their logic in showing anything backwards, they can't be gaining viewers this way, right? Wouldn't you rather show prep and build to a wedding episode rather than showing it first? Sure their wedding photos will be in a magazine before that but it's not the same as seeing it. 

35 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I really don't get their logic in showing anything backwards, they can't be gaining viewers this way, right?

I honestly don't know how they gain viewers at all. I've already admitted in the Bates thread to really enjoying Bringing Up Bates because I have a problem. Counting On, in comparison, really is like watching paint dry. The Duggars just aren't compelling TV. 

10 hours ago, Meggo said:

I never understood why it took them SO long to get to Jennifer.

and I hate the JoyAnna, Johnnah thing...

Add Jana to those names as well. They all sound way too much alike. 

I swear, did they just give Counting On to an intern? One who doesn't know what they're doing and is really, really bad at taking criticism?

On 12/31/2017 at 10:20 AM, MoonFace said:

Id be more interested in seeing them actually prepare a meal - a real meal and see someone set the table and all sit down to a family meal. 

I picture food (tator tot casserole and whatever slop they lay out) and everyone grabbing a paper plate and plastic utensils like they are in a school cafeteria.   

It would be interesting to follow ME around for a day that is not part of a script to see if she actually does anything with those kids. 

You know - a REAL day in the life.  

But we all know that won't ever happen. 

You know  I think at 1 time, when they had a large, but manageable sized family, they (someone or someones) did cook and the family did sit down for a nightly evening meal, but once the #s became too great, that went out the window. I've always been of the thought that more kids made each person, each family moment,  lifestyle and teaching  opportunities more limited to almost non-existant- for all the spouting they did about how could there be too many kids???, in a 24 hour day, there can be too much to do and not enough time to do it all, period.

Obviously, they could get back to a more mainstream existence, but I think JB and M, especially, are just over it. 

On 2/2/2018 at 1:22 AM, PumaLover said:

New season looks like same old, same old. But I'm just commenting to say I LOVE your profile pic!

Haha, thank you. Darlene and Daria were two TV characters I related to the most. Looking forward to the Roseanne reboot next month and praying it doesn't suck.

2 hours ago, brookeb82 said:

Haha, thank you. Darlene and Daria were two TV characters I related to the most. Looking forward to the Roseanne reboot next month and praying it doesn't suck.

I'm looking forward to the Roseanne reboot also. I also identify with Daria I loved that cartoon. 

I know I'm pages late with this one, but I'm genuinely confused as to how you pronounce the "name" Heistheway... is it literally how it sounds?? What a horrible, HORRIBLE name to bestow upon a child. 

19 minutes ago, viii said:

I know I'm pages late with this one, but I'm genuinely confused as to how you pronounce the "name" Heistheway... is it literally how it sounds?? What a horrible, HORRIBLE name to bestow upon a child. 

I read it as a sentence. He is the way.

And if you're going to curse someone with that moniker, at least give it to a boy so they can make puns about their name referring to them and not someone else.

On 12/22/2017 at 4:11 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Jenessa? I actually know a Jenessa.

I work with kids... I've had a Janessa before too. I actually forgot about her. The name that came to mind for me was Julissa

54 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I prefer the pronunciation Heist-heway

That's how my brain sees it, lol

I believe the parents actually had a post telling us how they pronounce it.  I can't remember now but it wasn't what I expected.  I can't find it on their website right now.

Looking through old threads @Bethella pointed me in the right direction.

"Hi stha way"

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived