IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

When I watched the promo video linked above I actually felt a connection with a Duggar for the first time- Joe just looked so emotional in the alter shot when he was crying. I think he could be a lovely guy and it is such a shame that he has been bought up the way he has- in the photo shoot he obviously actually cares about the chaperone rules and felt uncomfortable with hand on waist which made me sad as he obviously cares about Kendra a lot.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, brookeb82 said:

I've sworn off Counting On, but I would go back on my word and watch an episode if it just featured Jessa and Jeremy interacting. I think there's a goldmine of comedic value there.

Oh goody, we get to see Joe and Kendra prepare for their wedding...

oh my word, I just want the show to be not so dang far behind. it's kind of OCD aggravating to me honestly! lol, I mean we know they can't be like entirely up to date, but if they couldn't be what seems to be 2 leaps behind, and rather be more following just specific somewhat-more recent storylines of Joy's pregnancy and Jinger's as well and add Spurgeon and Henry cuteness (Plus Joe and K's pregnancy announcement) for a few weeks leading up to an eventual inevitable birth special for joy's baby (and taking OUT the delayed wedding prep crap) it would be so much "better"-- If I can use that word for this show :P or if not better, at least like I said, not sooo dang far behind. Just some great advice I feel TLC could benefit from here. ha, like that will ever happen. 

New individual shots from the promo photo shoot for the new season:

Spoiler

D1CCF236-6C57-4F35-BFCA-2291DFF05A89.jpeg.ed4d350ab26af23dfecc31cd62c270d6.jpegFF4CA879-67D5-4510-9519-DEEFDD01A3F1.png.5f3e7014df22f94a1ccd7b5ac2dc4177.png8B75B9FC-D078-4986-AB1A-E09AF361ECAD.jpeg.87078857c46a218081a8fde323d77388.jpeg7BE300A1-798E-4C51-89DA-DE0EB7A5BEE5.jpeg.19552cc3f849f562cc0c80e5e359cd96.jpeg

Spoiler

CDB5297F-5BDE-4368-9471-06B055CB9652.jpeg.3e9037165bfe601ae9e3082888a74e67.jpegC463B9D5-1E2B-448C-AAA9-4FA8E4D73944.jpeg.c295017315bcd2533dad098b73f870ed.jpeg73F6F58A-6634-4EE5-B9F7-1C28789ACF66.jpeg.7539e89956b5877786652160435270cb.jpeg

Jill and Derick are still listed in the cast bios, but their picture is from an old photo shoot (everyone else’s bios use the new pics). 

You know what I would like to see? A skirts vs pants debate! Jinger and Jill on one side, Jana and Joy on the other, and Jessa awkwardly in the middle :pb_lol:

Nice to see Josiah have at least some of his sense of humour left. Let's hope they haven't totally crushed his soul...

55 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You wouldn't even know Kendra is an in law. She blends right in.

tumblr_p4f2oouRaU1uipssao1_1280.jpg

For some reason that pic creeps me out. :my_confused:

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You wouldn't even know Kendra is an in law. She blends right in.

Which is convenient since you hardly notice that Jill is not there anymore...or even Anna for that matter. There will always be another Duggar sibling or fiance to appear front and center and take the focus if someone else falls out of public favour or something.

(note: I'm Canadian and I insist on spelling favour with a u for some reason...it's hard enough for me to spell center  with an er and not centre. haha:my_smile:Anyone else?)

Just now, CaricatureQualities said:

Which is convenient since you hardly notice that Jill is not there anymore...or even Anna for that matter. There will always be another Duggar sibling or fiance to appear front and center and take the focus if someone else falls out of public favour or something.

(note: I'm Canadian and I insist on spelling favour with a u for some reason...it's hard enough for me to spell center  with an er and not centre. haha:my_smile:Anyone else?)

Lots of other Canadians (and Brits, Australians...) here! Why change your spelling? They haven’t kicked me out yet and I’ve been rocking those ou’s and re’s here for years! ;) 

5 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

For some reason that pic creeps me out. 

Is it because they are all staring crazily into different directions with glazed over eyes that make them look possessed?? Jessa, Jana and Kendra are all  gazing directly into our souls and laughing at us  looking into the camera, Jinger is staring at Jana like she's Jeremy's junk, and what is Joy doing? What is Joy looking at?

I get they were probably going for the care free look but that photo is a mess. They're not all on the same page. 

Something about Kendra is very pleasant to me in contrast. I don't know what it is, but I find her less I don't know what than her sister in laws. The word soothing keeps coming to mind but I'm not sure it's the right way to articulate it. Maybe it is. Duggars just give off this pent up energy vibe to me and she seems more relaxed or natural or something. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I get they were probably going for the care free look but that photo is a mess. They're not all on the same page. 

is it wrong that I don't like that Ben and jessa photo

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

Something about Kendra is very pleasant to me in contrast. I don't know what it is, but I find her less I don't know what than her sister in laws. The word soothing keeps coming to mind but I'm not sure it's the right way to articulate it. Maybe it is. Duggars just give off this pent up energy vibe to me and she seems more relaxed or natural or something. 

She is a massive upgrade from Jill...

39 minutes ago, nst said:

Poor Ben. lol

tumblr_p4d34x3kA91uipssao1_1280.png

That's an unfortunate picture of jinger, I think her and Joy are making the picture seem off. 

As for the Ben and Jessa picture, I prefer  Ben with no glasses and Jess and Ben seem a little disconnected in the pic.

Jinger looks like she is ill. Maybe it was shot while she had bad morning sickness. She's pale with shadows under her eyes and they way they took the picture makes it look worse. 

If you squint while looking at the pic, you can't see either of Jinger's irises, so her eyes look totally white. lol

18 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Is it because they are all staring crazily into different directions with glazed over eyes that make them look possessed?? Jessa, Jana and Kendra are all  gazing directly into our souls and laughing at us  looking into the camera, Jinger is staring at Jana like she's Jeremy's junk, and what is Joy doing? What is Joy looking at?

Yes, exactly that. :kitty-wink:

8 hours ago, nst said:

No, not wrong. I don't like the above picture either, except Spurgeon is as cute as ever. Too bad Henry's face isn't shown. 

I think the pics were done as quickly and as cheap as possible.

It had been awhile since I had caught up with the Duggars, and when I saw that their show was going to come back on I figured it was time to get caught up. Mostly because I just want to know what's going on and I don't want to watch the show and give it ratings.

That said, I went over to the Duggar official Facebook page. I was blocked from there a long time ago but I was really surprised to see that they had so few comments on each of their posts. When I looked at those post I saw that they were all complementary and happy posts. There wasn't anything criticizing the family. Somebody must have gone through and done another Mass culling of the criticizers of the Duggar family since the shows coming back. What a shitshow.

46 minutes ago, sj3339sta said:

It had been awhile since I had caught up with the Duggars, and when I saw that their show was going to come back on I figured it was time to get caught up. Mostly because I just want to know what's going on and I don't want to watch the show and give it ratings.

That said, I went over to the Duggar official Facebook page. I was blocked from there a long time ago but I was really surprised to see that they had so few comments on each of their posts. When I looked at those post I saw that they were all complementary and happy posts. There wasn't anything criticizing the family. Somebody must have gone through and done another Mass culling of the criticizers of the Duggar family since the shows coming back. What a shitshow.

Short version:

- Joy is about to birth her first kid. She’s actually a few days overdue right now, so she could honestly spawn at anytime. 

- Kendra is pregnant. The baby is a boy. They announced the SEX by having blue smoke pop out of something John shot from 200 yards away. She’s due in June.

- Jinger is pregnant. She’s pulling a Jill by occasionally posting chalkboard bump photos (I thought it was cute when Jill did it and it’s cute that Jinger is doing it too.) She’s due in July, sometime around the 20th.

- Jessa is Schrodinger’s Uterus. Is she pregnant? Is she not pregnant? No one knows, but she and Bin have been enjoying dessert night once a week. Now I want ice cream and we have none. :( 

- Derick finally got the Dills kicked off the show by publicly being a Transphobic ass. He’s still doing his Ministry Program through Cross Church - his most recent WTF moment was when he invited LGBTQ people to attend Cross Church the same Sunday a “Pray the Gay Away!” speaker was scheduled. Jill continues posting weird photos of #besthubbyever on Instagram. At least their boys are cute and Jill seems to adore them.

- The Smuggars continue to be irrelevant (though Anna did randomly return to Instagram. The Smuglets are getting big!)

- Josiah started courting Lauren Swanson when the Duggars traveled to New Zealand. She’s pretty, but seems young and like a fairly standard Fundie. Somewhere, Marjorie Jackson is dancing around her college campus while wearing jeans and thanking God she wasn’t an 18 year old Fundie Bride.

- John and Jana continue to not court. Or be on social media. Or live like normal 28 year olds.

- The promo photos for the new season continue to be weird af.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived